News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

The Gauntlet Has Been Thrown: The Future of Superhero Movies

Started by Mathim, November 18, 2014, 02:35:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGlyphstone

And what in the last, oh, 10 years or so has mistakenly led you to believe that anyone at DC, or working for them, has a sense of humor?

Mathim

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on August 14, 2016, 10:18:00 PM
And what in the last, oh, 10 years or so has mistakenly led you to believe that anyone at DC, or working for them, has a sense of humor?

Well they hire outside people to do the directing and such. But I do suppose they do what they must in order to stamp it out of their freelancers.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

mia h

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on August 14, 2016, 10:18:00 PM
Are you saying that the hiring of Dan Didio wasn't one enormous practical joke?
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

SapphireStar

A few rumors circulating about who might play Cable and Domino. The two new additions, Kyle Chandler from Friday Night Lights and Keira Knightley. Um, no. Neither one fits the character. Karl Urban is at the top of my list to play Cable. Even Armie Hammer could play Cable reasonably well. Another name being tossed out for Domino is Mackenzie Davis for Domino. Maybe.

Mathim

Quote from: SapphireStar on August 15, 2016, 09:25:42 PM
A few rumors circulating about who might play Cable and Domino. The two new additions, Kyle Chandler from Friday Night Lights and Keira Knightley. Um, no. Neither one fits the character. Karl Urban is at the top of my list to play Cable. Even Armie Hammer could play Cable reasonably well. Another name being tossed out for Domino is Mackenzie Davis for Domino. Maybe.

Aw, let Karl Urban get out of this typecasting sci-fi funk he's in. Sure, he kicks ass as Bones and I'm sure he'll be an excellent Skurge, but seriously, he does so much of this kind of stuff. Doom, Dredd, Riddick, now an established Marvel franchise. Don't cross over into X-Men too now.

Someone on a forum suggested Mel Gibson as Cable. After his performance in Machete Kills, I wouldn't be opposed to it right off the bat.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Mathim on August 15, 2016, 11:27:33 PM
After his performance in Machete Kills, I wouldn't be opposed to it right off the bat.

I think I dumped sulfuric acid on my brain after watching Machete Kills. Remind me who he played again?

SapphireStar

He was also Agent Cooper in RED. He has a strong presence and can pull off hard action scenes and keep up with Deadpool. Another candidate for Cable, I'd add Armie Hammer. I know his movie, The Lone Ranger kind of flopped hard, but his role in The Man from U.N.C.L.E. wasn't bad and he could pull of playing Cable. Can Mel Gibson pull off the hard action scenes involved in Deadpool?

mia h

Quote from: SapphireStar on August 15, 2016, 09:25:42 PM
A few rumors circulating about who might play Cable and Domino. The two new additions, Kyle Chandler from Friday Night Lights and Keira Knightley.
But Keria has already played Domino   ;D

Mathim

Quote from: SapphireStar on August 16, 2016, 12:54:07 AM
He was also Agent Cooper in RED. He has a strong presence and can pull off hard action scenes and keep up with Deadpool. Another candidate for Cable, I'd add Armie Hammer. I know his movie, The Lone Ranger kind of flopped hard, but his role in The Man from U.N.C.L.E. wasn't bad and he could pull of playing Cable. Can Mel Gibson pull off the hard action scenes involved in Deadpool?

He did some stuff in Machete Kills, so maybe. But then Deadpool himself suggested Dolph Lundgren, so who knows.

CaptainNexus616

How about Stephen Lang for Cable? If we are going on looks alone just slap some cybernetic make up on and I think we would have him. Don't know acting wise though since I only saw Lang in James Cameron's Avatar.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ \(`Д´)/ ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ Sorry, I just dropped my bag of Doritos in my signature again. ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄┐( °ー ° )┌

Mathim

Quote from: CaptainNexus616 on August 16, 2016, 11:32:39 PM
How about Stephen Lang for Cable? If we are going on looks alone just slap some cybernetic make up on and I think we would have him. Don't know acting wise though since I only saw Lang in James Cameron's Avatar.

I don't know if he's maintained his physique enough for that. I saw him in that show Terra Nova and he looked really scrawny, and he's not as imposing in that new movie he's in, Don't Breathe (or something like that), either.

mia h

Powerless has lost it's show runner two weeks before it was meant to start production, which I doubt is a good thing.

SapphireStar

It's been confirmed, Marvel's Runaways is being aired on Hulu

Mathim

Quote from: SapphireStar on August 17, 2016, 08:52:37 PM
It's been confirmed, Marvel's Runaways is being aired on Hulu

Fuck! I already had to sign up for Netflix just to see the Defenders stuff, now Hulu just for one show? It better kick more ass than Daredevil or I'm not paying for it.

SapphireStar

Apparently, The Runaways is going to be run by the creator of Gossip Girl.

Reports are confirming that Cyborg will appear in the The Flash movie.

Lustful Bride

Apparently a new Spawn series is in the works.

Keith David will be voicing spawn, Mark Hammill as Detective Twitch and Clancy Brown as Mammon.

*One of the images released*

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

I just hope its good. I like the concept of Spawn but it seems everything in it is overly convoluted, and the later issues have Heaven being just as evil as Hell...im kind of tired of that trope, I get enough of that in the real world :/

Mathim

Quote from: Lustful Bride on August 18, 2016, 09:52:29 AM

Keith David will be voicing spawn, Mark Hammill as Detective Twitch and Clancy Brown as Mammon.

I just hope its good. I like the concept of Spawn but it seems everything in it is overly convoluted, and the later issues have Heaven being just as evil as Hell...im kind of tired of that trope, I get enough of that in the real world :/

Could be fun, though a live-actions series might be even better, if not too expensive.

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Mathim on August 18, 2016, 10:55:17 AM
Could be fun, though a live-actions series might be even better, if not too expensive.

idk...the spawn movie kind of ruined that for me :/  thought Leguizamo as the Violator was fun.

SapphireStar

Michael Jai White who played Spawn went on to play Bronze Tiger on Arrow. They could probably do a live action series either on Cable or someplace like HBO given how the special effects have advanced. Melinda Clarke who played Jessica Priest could reprise the role too.

There's talk of rebooting the Crow franchise with Jason Momoa (sp?) playing the lead role.

Lustful Bride

Quote from: SapphireStar on August 18, 2016, 01:16:04 PM
Michael Jai White who played Spawn went on to play Bronze Tiger on Arrow. They could probably do a live action series either on Cable or someplace like HBO given how the special effects have advanced. Melinda Clarke who played Jessica Priest could reprise the role too.

There's talk of rebooting the Crow franchise with Jason Momoa (sp?) playing the lead role.

Wasn't the Crow originally an Artist before his rebirth? *has never seen an Artist as buff a Momoa.*

CaptainNexus616

Quote from: Lustful Bride on August 18, 2016, 09:52:29 AM

I recall posting something about that months back on this same thread. Unfortunately that pic came out back in October 2014 and there really hasn't been much word about it since. I really hope its still in the works though.

I have to agree with you though concerning Spawn in general. He's probably the most popular comic book character that isn't owned by either DC or Marvel but due to terrible storylines his popularity has waned in over the past decade. With the writers just rehashing the storylines over and over.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ \(`Д´)/ ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ Sorry, I just dropped my bag of Doritos in my signature again. ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄┐( °ー ° )┌

Thorne

Quote from: Lustful Bride on August 18, 2016, 05:06:42 PM
Wasn't the Crow originally an Artist before his rebirth? *has never seen an Artist as buff a Momoa.*

Musician. Usually. And the word 'wiry' comes to mind... Momoa, lickable as he is, doesn't track as wiry for me... :/
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

Mathim

Quote from: SapphireStar on August 18, 2016, 01:16:04 PM

Wasn't he also Gambol in The Dark Knight?

SapphireStar

I think so.

It looks like the sequel to Man of Steel is apparently been greenlit. And, they've been teasing for Justice League Superman in the black and white costume.

mia h

Quote from: SapphireStar on August 18, 2016, 10:19:38 PM
It looks like the sequel to Man of Steel is apparently been greenlit. And, they've been teasing for Justice League Superman in the black and white costume.
Well black anyways  ;D

it does seem to fit in with the Reign of the Supermen\Lois & Clark suit design