Tentatively Trying for Story Based Plots

Started by Madame BookWyrm, October 07, 2017, 09:35:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madame BookWyrm

This is my first request thread, so I apologise if it is lacking or incorrect in some way.

I confess, I am quite new at roleplay and I am still trying to find my feet in the community, but I am quite eager to learn. After searching through the Stor-E Writers thread, about halfway through the list, I decided that perhaps it might be just as simple to put a tentative idea out here as well.  I must be clear, I am not looking for a sexually based story. I much prefer either romance or friendship that will grow gradually, rather than jump into something. Please do read my O/Os, and I shall do the same for you. I must also state up front, that my response speed may vary from daily into a week or more depending on my offline situation. If you are expecting promised daily posting, I am afraid I am not the best partner.

My vague ideas are as follows (bolded ideas and the pictures at the bottom are favourites at the moment):

* Dancers competing for a solo or forced to dance as partners when they hate each other.

* Riding competitors, perhaps show jumping or dressage.

* Ballroom dancers being partnered for a competition unwillingly.

* A wild west town, perhaps a general store or saloon owner and a cowboy or a homesteader.

* College students, perhaps a woman going to a college in a day and age when it was looked down on, or a pair from a study group who drift together somehow.

Below are some images that stirred my imagination but I cannot think of a plot idea to go with them. Perhaps they will stir yours.

“I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of any thing than of a book!
When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library.”
― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice
Member of the Stor-E Writers Registry

Madame BookWyrm

Updated with new ideas and images, and rearranged some cravings.
“I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of any thing than of a book!
When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library.”
― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice
Member of the Stor-E Writers Registry