Adventurer's Guild (5th Edition DND)

Started by Lyku, December 12, 2015, 10:00:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowFox89

Porting over Calypso from SGA, I can alter the background to fit joining the adventurer's guild.

Charrie sheet

Player:ShadowFox89Character Name:Calypso
Class:WarlockLevel:1
Race:DrowBackground:Entertainer
Alignment:LNAge:112
Height:5 ft.Weight:83 lbs.
Experience:8 EXPDeity:None

~Abilities~
STR8 (-1)DEX18 (+4)CON15 (+2)
INT11 (+0)WIS14 (+2) [SV + 2]CHA19 (+4) [SV + 2]

HP: 10/10AC:15 (Leather)
Speed: 30 ft.Initiative:+4
Proficiency Bonus:+2 Passive Perception:14

~Weapons and Magic~
Weapon Attacks

Weapon:Light Crossbow (ammo, loading, two-handed)Type:PiercingRange80/320Attack Bonus:(+6)Damage:1d8+4
Weapon:Dagger (finesse, thrown, light)Type:PiercingRangeMelee or 20/60Attack Bonus:(+6)Damage:1d4+4
|
Spells
Spellcasting Ability:CharismaSpell Save DC:14 (8 + 2 [Prof] + 4 [Cha]) Spell Attack Bonus: 6 (+2 [Prof] +4 [Cha]
Cantrips
-Eldritch Blast
-Mage Hand
|
1st Level

-Command
-Armor of Agathys

~Skills, Proficiencies, Items~
Skills

LanguagesCommonInfernal
STR
Athletics(-1)
DEX
Acrobatics(+6) (Prof) Sleight of Hand(+4)Stealth:(+4)
INT
Arcana:(+0)History:(+0)Investigation:(+2) (Prof)Nature:(+0)Religion:(+0)
WIS
Animal Handling:(+2)Insight:(+2)Medicine:(+2)Perception:(+4) (Prof)Survival:(+2)
CHA
Deception:(+6) (Prof)Intimidation:(+4)Performance:(+6) (Prof)Persuasion:(+4)
|
Proficiencies
Tool Proficiencies:Disguise kits, Wind instruments
Weapon Proficiencies:Simple
Armor ProficienciesLight
|
Equipment & Currency
Rapier, Short sword, Light crossbow,
20 bolts, Arcane focus, Scholar's pack,
Leather Armor, Dagger x3, Ocarina,

Trinket: A glass eye

~Currency and Treasure~
--

~Features~
Otherworldly Patron
[Fiend] 1st level spells Burning Hands and Command are on Calypso's spell list.
|
Dark One's Blessing
Starting at 1st level, when you reduce a hostile creature to 0 hit points, you gain temporary hit points equal to your Charisma modifier +your warlock levei (minimum of 1).
|
Darkvision
120 ft.
|
Keen Senses
Has proficiency in Perception skill.
|
Fey Ancestry
Has advantage on Saving Throws vs. Charm. Immunity to sleep spells.
|
Trance
Elves don't need to sleep. Instead, they meditate deeply, remaining semiconscious, for 4 hours a day. (The Common word for such meditation is "trance.") While meditating, you can dream after a fashion; such dreams are actually mental exercises that have become reflexive through years of practice. After resting in this way, you gain the same benefit that a human does from 8 hours of sleep.
|

Sunlight Sensitivity
You have disadvantage on attack rolls and on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on sight when you, the target of your attack, or whatever you are trying to perceive is in direct sunlight.
|
Drow Magic
Knows the dancing lights cantrip. Next racial spell available at 3rd level.
|
Drow Weapon Training
Proficient in rapiers, shortswords, and hand crossbows.

~Additional~
Background

Calypso is a drow from a plane that draws heavily on Greco-Roman culture and architecture. Raised on the streets, she turned to entertaining to keep a roof over her head, mainly dancing but some singing. However, as she grew older she found that customers wanted a... different sort of entertainment. Often rebuking their interests, things took a turn for the worse when one of the clients she rebuked was an interplanar demon who had taken an interest in her body. She fled to the nearby temple of Artemis for sanctuary. The demon followed her and raped her, then cursed her for spurning him. Calypso's body was infused with magic from the attentions of the demon after, but the trauma left her quiet and sullen. An archmage, traveling through the planes on her way to the academy, happened upon her in the temple. She offered the chance for Calypso to come with, where she would not be touched by the demon.
|
Misc Notes
Physical Description: Calypso is of slight but lithe build, standing only 5ft tall and weighing little more than 85lbs. Her hair is as silver as a full moon, while her eyes are a pale lavender. She tends to wear a black corset that hugs her body's curves tight. Over that, she wears a loose wrap of linen that serves as a form of underwear, which over that is a loose cloth that provides some measure of modesty. While suitable for the warm and humid climates of her native lands, undoubtedly she will need to change her wardrobe at some point.

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Chulanowa

Alright so, do we have an IC / OOC thread yet?

Bibliophilia

There was a map?  And, uhm, I feel like I'm missing something as far as the setting here.  Where, exactly, are we?

Lyku

It's a link of the world.  First thread, at the top.  I will get more details into it soon.  Sorry about the delays, spent time in the ER and they didn't have wifi.

The world has a Faerun esque feel for sake of comparison.

Calypso accepted.
Every great dream begins with a dreamer.  Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.  – Harriet Tubman

AndyZ

IC thread is here : https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=241224.msg11902264#msg11902264

I hate to say it, but the map isn't working.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Muse

Looking at sorcerer again, it says cantrips 4 in both the chart and the body text? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Sain

It worked yesterday :P By the way OOC thread might be nice (though you seem busy so no hurry), and one for storing characters. Tip for the latter: Don't do what Sherlock did with the sheets. It is pure hell trying to manage player's character sheets for them in a game like this where you might need to edit for every little trinket, copper coin or tiny amount of XP they pick up. It just creates unnecessary work for GM and players love to do that themselves.
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

Lyku

Muse... I blame the medication the doctor's gave me.  I opened the PHB and see 4... not sure where I was seeing 3... please disregard that.  You are good to go.

I will get an OOC and character threads channel up, players will be responsibility for monitoring their XP, but whe they would level up, PM me just so I can double check and give it my seal of approval.  With a game this size and no Co-DM currently, I would rather not hang myself much.

I will correct the map and upload it through photobucket or some other program.
Every great dream begins with a dreamer.  Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.  – Harriet Tubman

Lyku

tyr4n02r

Tickle me interested. There's a couple characters that I wanna convert from Pathfinder, so give me a min. Also, I hope someone is kind enough to guide me through 5e. I think I have a handle on it, but Im a Pathfinder player primarily.
I apparently insulted Dicebot's mother, and it still remembers... you've been warned...
Mainly missing on Tuesdays, sorry.
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Lyku

Any questions, feel free to ask here, the OOC thread or feel free to PM me.

tyr4n02r

Okay, Character questions GO:
~ Sword Coast Adventures Guide? Y/N
~ Backgrounds Y/N
~ Final call on Eberron? Y/N
~ Any particular pref for Char Sheet?
~ Lvl Up: HD roll or Avg, or just HD
~ Any rules on unconscious/dying/death, or straight out of the players handbook?

Also, may I take a Longbow instead of Crossbow as well?
I apparently insulted Dicebot's mother, and it still remembers... you've been warned...
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Lyku

Quote from: tyr4n02r on December 16, 2015, 06:10:30 PM
Okay, Character questions GO:
~ Sword Coast Adventures Guide? Y
~ Backgrounds Y (Those from sources besides PHB, I am requesting you put the background type up on your sheet.
~ Final call on Eberron? ...Yes...
~ Any particular pref for Char Sheet? Nope
~ Lvl Up: HD roll or Avg, or just HD. Average
~ Any rules on unconscious/dying/death, or straight out of the players handbook?  Straight out of PHB.  Those nearby can attempt to stabilize. 

Also, may I take a Longbow instead of Crossbow as well? I'll accept it.

Calypso appeared fine and was accepted.  I'll double check and PM you if there is an issue.

Bibliophilia

Work is a bitch for the next few days.  I'll try to finish off Ychara Firday or Saturday.

Lyku

Biblio, I understand that well.  You can start playing, just try to get the background up by Sunday. 

tyr4n02r

Hmmm. Kinda re-question: Instead of longbow, can I take short bow? Do I get the 25gp difference?

NVM Crossbow is better anyways.
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

tyr4n02r

Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Lyku

You get starting gear as listed in PHB.

AndyZ

Quote from: tyr4n02r on December 16, 2015, 08:45:58 PM
Hmmm. Kinda re-question: Instead of longbow, can I take short bow? Do I get the 25gp difference?

NVM Crossbow is better anyways.

If you like, my character could swap bows with you.  I've got a shortbow and want a longbow.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

tyr4n02r

Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Nanachan

Player:   Nana   Character Name: Xian Hua
Class:   Bard    Level:   1
Race:   Human   Background:   Charlatan
Alignment: CN   Age:   29
Height:   5'10 .   Weight: 100 lbs
Experience:   0 EXP   Deity:   None

~Abilities~
STR   8 (-1)   DEX   16 (+3)   CON   10 (+0)
INT   14 (+2)   WIS   12 (+1)    CHA   18 (+4) 

HP:    8   AC:   14 (Leather)
Speed:   30 ft.   Initiative:   +3
Proficiency Bonus:   +2    Passive Perception:   11

Skills
-Deception (+6)
-Persuasion (+6)
-Slight of Hand (+5)
-Perform (flute) (+6)
-Acrobatic (+5)

Feat
-Actor

Item
-dagger
-leather armor
-Jian (counts as rapier)
-Entertainer's pack
-disguise kit
-forgery kit
-fine clothes
-belt pouch

gold: 15 gp

Xian was a courtesan of great renown once, under the name of Moon Lotus. A nobleman eventually wedded her and for a moment she was happy, but soon she realized that her great beauty would soon fade and that men would no longer adore her the way they do. Already, her husband's gaze would stray to younger women. Eventually she decided to flee, to far away lands in search of immortality, or at the very least, a way to make her beauty last till the day she dies. 

Trained in many arts, including the sword dance, Xian was far from a helpless woman, though she does have a distaste for living the harsh life. She seeks out comfort and luxury where she could, using her considerable charm and training in the sensual art to procure these comforts where she could. A highly sexual woman, Xian indulges in sex as much for the physical pleasures as well as the mental ones, relishing in the attention and adoration of her lover.

tyr4n02r

Name: Evan Tempest'ive   Age: 23
Race: Wood Elf   Class: Warlock (Archfey Pact)
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral   EXP: 0EXP
Height: 5"7   Weight: 140   Deity: Oberon

Hit Points: 8/8      AC: 14
Passive Perception: 13
Initiative: +3
Speed: 35ft   Melee: +3   Range: +5

STR: 12 (1+)
DEX: 16 [14+2] (3+)
CON: 8 (-1)
INT: 10 (0+)
WIS: 16 [15+1] (3+)
CHA: 16 (+3)

Magic (CHA) 1/1 Level 1 Slots Available
Save DC: 13
Magic (CHA): +5
Spells Known:
Cantrips:
~ Poison Spray
~ Blade Ward

Level 1 Spells:
~ Armor of Agathys
~ Arms of Oberon (Arms of Hadar)
Proficiencies

Skills:
   • Athletics (+3)
   • Nature (+2)
   • Investigation (+2)
   • Perception (+5)
   • Survival (+5)
Saving Throws:
   • Wisdom (+5)
   • Charisma (+5)
Equipment:
   • Light Armor
   • Simple weapons
Languages: Common, Elvish, Sylvan

Features and traits
Racial
• +2 Dex, +1 Wis
• Keen Senses: You have proficiency in the Perception skill.
• Darkvision: Accustomed to twilit forests and the night sky, you have superior vision in dark and dim conditions. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. you can't discern color in darkness, onIy shades of gray.
• Fey Ancestry: You have advantage on saving throws against being charmed, and magic can’t put you to sleep.
Trance. Elves don’t need to sleep. Instead, they meditate deeply, remaining semiconscious, for 4 hours a day. (The Common word for such meditation
is “trance.”) While meditating, you can dream after a fashion; such dreams are actually mental exercises that have become reflexive through years of practice. After resting in this way, you gain the same benefit that a human does from 8 hours of sleep.
• Elf Weapon Training: You have proficiency with the longsword, shortsword, shortbow, and longbow.
• Fleet of Foot: Your base walking speed increases to 35 feet.
• Mask of the Wild: You can attempt to hide even when you are only lightly obscured by foliage, heavy rain, falling snow, mist, and other natural phenomena.
Background
Outlander: Forester
Personality Traits:
   I'm driven by a wanderlust that led me away from home.
Ideal Trait:
   • Nature The natural world is more important than all the constructs of civilization.
Bond Trait:
   • An injury to the unspoiled wilderness of my home is an injury to me.
Flaw Trait:
   • Don't expect me to save those who can't save themselves. It is nature's way that the strong thrive and the weak perish..
Feature: Wanderer
   • You have an excellent memory for maps and geography, and you can always recall the general layout of terrain, settlements, and other features around you. In addition, you can find food and fresh water for yourself and up to five other people each day, provided that the land offers berries, small game, water, and so forth.

Class

Otherworldly Patron: Archfey
Fey Presence
Starting at 1st level, your patron bestows upon you the ability to project the beguiling and fearsome presence of the fey. As an action, you can cause each creature in a 10-foot cube originating from you to make a Wisdom saving throw against your warlocks pell save DC. The creatures that fail their saving throws are all charmed or frightened by you (your choice) until the end of your next turn.
Once you use this feature, you can’t use it again until you finish a short or long rest.
Cantrips + Warlock Spells
Cantrips:
~
Poison Spray
Conjuration cantrip

Casting Time: 1 action
Range: 10 feet
Components: V, S
Duration: Instantaneous

You extend your hand toward a creature you can see within range and project a puff of noxious gas from your palm. The creature must succeed on a Constitution saving throw or take 1d12 poison damage.
This spell’s damage increases by 1d12 when you reach 5th level (2d12), 11th level (3d12), and 17th level (4d12).
~
Blade Ward
Abjuration cantrip

Range: Self
Duration: 1 round

You extend your hand and trace a sigil of warding in the air. Until the end of your next turn, you have resistance against bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage dealt by weapon attacks.

Level 1 Spells:
~
ARMOR OF AGATHYS

1st-level abjuration
Range: Self
Components: V, S, M (a cup of water)
Duration: 1 hour
A protective magical force surrounds you, manifesting as a spectral frost that covers you and your gear. You gain 5 temporary hit points for the duration. If a creature hits you with a melee attack while you have these hit points, the creature takes 5 cold damage.
At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, both the temporary hit points and the cold damage increase by 5 for each slot level above 1st.
~
Arms of Oberon
Arms of Hadar1st-level conjuration

Range: Self (10-foot radius)
Duration: Instantaneous

You invoke the power of Oberon. Tendril-like vines with blackish thorns erupt from you and batter all creatures within 10 feet of you. Each creature in that area must make a Strength saving throw. On a failed save, a target takes 2d6 necrotic damage and can’t take reactions until its next turn. On a successful save, the creature takes half damage, but suffers no other effect.
At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the damage increases by 1d6 for each slot level above 1st.

Equipment

Weapons & Armor: Longbow (20 arrows; 1lb) (1d8 P; range 150/600; Heavy; Two-Handed; 2lb)
Dagger (2) (1d4 P; Thrown Range 20/60; Light; Finesse; 2lb total)
Quarterstaff (1d6; Versatile; 4lb; Also funtions as "Staff" from background)
Leather Armor (11AC+DexMod; 10lb)
Other:
• (a) a component pouch
• One musical instrument: Horn
Dungeoneer’s Pack
~Backpack
~Crowbar
~Hammer
~Pitons (10)
~Torches (10)
~Tinderbox
~Rations (10 days)
~Waterskin.
~50 feet of hempen rope
• a hunting trap
• trophy from an animal you killed
• set of traveler’s clothes
• Belt Pouch
Trinket: A hilt from a broken sword
Currency: 10gp

Backstory
Evan grew up training for is tribe's mage-fighter guard, ready to protect both nature and Wood Elf from invaders. As with most in his tribe, he was sent on a particular vision quest at 19. While his tribe was Elvish, the various invaders and merchants caused death within the local tribes, causing them to train warriors and professionals at younger ages. The vision he saw changed his motivations in life greatly.

Cold, near-naked, alone and unarmed, Evan was met in his vision by the Archfey Oberon. The wingless fairy came with an lifelong mission, specifically to a select group of elves of all natures. "there will be many tools to aid you, but you will collect a certain weapon for me. This weapon will come in many forms, but to you shall be a sword. It is able to restore life to the desolate concrete wasteland that many have brought. Should you accept this task, I will give you an edge to succeed."

Evan awoke from his trance only to find a white stag laying in agony nearby. This was the symbol of Oberon! It was practically begging to be put to death, which he reluctantly accepted. This provided both meat and warmth for his quest back. But, as it was illegal to poach, he hid the hide within a tree stump, as he would return to it at a later time. For the next few years, he studied the legends and lore about various weapons of a natural property, also looking at cursed weapons as well. He began training and mapping out potential places to look, but during his studies, it had been discovered that he had killed a sacred white stag. He was then exiled for a duration of 40 years.

Just as well, his wanderlust and desire to find his destined weapon had grown to a feverpoint. He simply began his mission earlier than expected. He took the leather of Oberon's offering and began his trek.
Intro!  My Ons and Offs

Chulanowa

Oh dear. Taran's loincloth is not up to the task ahead of it.

persephone325

Hmm... Maybe I shouldn't be a Wood Elf, considering there's already a few...
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."