Zombie Apocolypse on campus [EX]

Started by TanaSilver, September 14, 2009, 12:30:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TanaSilver

I am looking to start a zombie apocalypse style of game, and I'm sure you all know what that means ... much blood, gore and mayhem! The goal of the players, as in the genre movies, is simply to survive, hopefully all in one piece.

This is the setting: You are a university student, plying away at your studies, trying to make the grade. One fateful day, you awaken in your dorm room to the sound of screams. Looking out your window, you see students running outside, being chased by other students. You quickly realize that people are killing each other, all over campus, using whatever tools they can get their hands on. Not everyone has turned homicidal, but enough to make the campus an instant warzone. What's worse, when a student falls, he gets back off the ground in a few minutes, just as dead but looking to continue the murder spree with tooth and nail. Your dorm is quickly overrun and you flee for your life, running across campus like everyone else. In desperation, you turn to the only nearby building that offers shelter: the library. There, with a handful of other students, you lock yourself inside to wait out whatever is happening and hope for rescue.

Players are all university students, faculty, or anyone else who could reasonably be found on a college campus. The game will start around Noon of the day everything went to hell, a few hours after everyone has locked themselves into the library.

The game will be moderated and will use a rules-light system run behind the scenes. Please keep in mind that this game will be in the Extreme section, which means anything can happen to your character. The game will likely not end well for anyone, considering the genre. Graphic scenes are to be expected. Aside from the zombies, there will likely be other threats, like not so nice people, so there's that to consider as well.

I think what will be most interesting about this game is not if you survive or not, because you probably won't, but how long you survive and what choices you make to try and survive.

I'm looking for players who like to write, and are willing to build a believable character. I would like posts of at least a few paragraphs. Posting frequency will be whatever it will be, hopefully at least 3 or 4 times per week, though this can vary, of course. I reserve all rights as the moderator to do whatever I have to do to keep the game moving.

Feel free to ask any questions within this thread. However, if you want to join, please PM me with at least a two paragraph character description. I will probably accept 4 to 6 players, and I'm going to be choosy to get a good mix.
O/O

Doomsday

TanaSilver

I'll take that as a tentative thumbs up  :)
O/O

RedEve

Does the GM decide who survives and who doesn't?
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Lirliel

*Pulls the receiver back on her Glock 19, sliding a round into the chamber before thumbing the hammer back* Anyone ask for a security guard? :D

And that does mean a definite YES!
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Insight

Anything I can do to be a part of this game, I will do.

*Pulls combat shotgun from dorm room closet* What? I thought everyone had one of these.
"I doubt, therefore I think, therefore I am"

My Desires: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=159468.0

On and Off Thread

RedEve

So um, who decides who lives and dies again? :D
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

TanaSilver

Quote from: RedEve on September 14, 2009, 10:18:08 AM
Does the GM decide who survives and who doesn't?

To some degree. I will be using a system behind the scenes to determine outcomes to combat and skill checks, etc. Character stats and abilities will be derived from your character descriptions, so I don't need a full on character sheet.
O/O

MagicalPen

I'll be an Athletic's Coach. *grabs baseball bat* Silence is golden!

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

TanaSilver

We have our first player, a female campus security officer. Who's next?
O/O

Insight

What do we need to do to become involved? Is there some sort of character sheet?
"I doubt, therefore I think, therefore I am"

My Desires: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=159468.0

On and Off Thread

Doomsday

Hmm, a Uni student? (American) Football player, I guess, if you can derive some stats from that.

TanaSilver

Quote from: bradten on September 14, 2009, 04:39:28 PM
What do we need to do to become involved? Is there some sort of character sheet?

All I need is a description of your character, at least a paragraph or two. This should tell me everything I need to know to generate my own "character sheet" on my end for system purposes.
O/O

Lirliel

*Raises hand*

Are you using the AFMBE rules?
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Doomsday

Still trying to think of a description of my character, but I need some sort of format to follow. Call me anal-retentive :-)

Lirliel

I took:

Name:

Background:

Appearance:

Is that workable for you Cap?

Doomsday

Thanks for the format Lir, I just PM'ed my details to the GM.

Lirliel

No problem. *Cycles away naked on her tricycle*

TanaSilver

Quote from: Lirliel on September 14, 2009, 09:40:48 PM
*Raises hand*

Are you using the AFMBE rules?

No, I'm using a generic system called Mythic to determine success and a few other random factors.
O/O

Lirliel

TanaSilver

We now have four players for this game, so I'm going to call it closed.
O/O