7th Sea 2e without NC content please?

Started by Cold Heritage, February 05, 2018, 12:50:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cold Heritage

So 7th Sea is an RPG that's about characters being swashbuckling adventurers who swash buckles and maybe go out onto the High Seas on ships and duel with other people in grand Errol Flynn fashion. It's got some pretty great source material to draw upon. The one that most immediately springs to mind for me is The Three Musketeers because I am a plebian, but I also think that Zorro would be totally in keeping with what 7th Sea is trying to capture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgaGJln2Tbs

Is that not great?

Anyway!

I'd like to play 7th Sea 2e. There was a game advertised but that game was to include non-consensual content. That is not something that I want in a game. Nothing against it or anyone enjoying that - we're all mature folks who understand that liking or not liking something is not an indictment of that thing, after all.

But me, I want star-crossed love! Love that cannot be because of national prejudices! Social prejudices! People so deeply in love with each other that it is painfully obvious to everyone but each other!

And really all of the buckling and swash stuff. Sword fights, kicking goons in the face while swinging across a room on a tapestry, swearing Vengeance! on Salty Dog Blarney, the Captain of the Salty Whore and Noted Pirated With Delusional Affectations of Intellectualism. That kind of thing. It doesn't have to be all tongue-in-cheek stuff - I sometimes overindulge myself in that sort of cutesy stuff. Try not to hold it against me. I implore you.

I had vague ideas about a character - maybe an Eisen veteran of the War of the Cross whose grim demeanor is alleviated by dry wit and black humour, or maybe a big, boisterous Ussaran adventurer with more muscles than sense but a good, kind heart.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Pumpkin Seeds

Thufir Hawat

Yeah, I also agree that NC just doesn't fit with swaschbuckling. But the new edition of 7th sea is too narrative for my tastes, with or without NC.
A shame, really, though I'm not at a loss for systems.
Join The System Gamers List
Request thread 1 Request thread 2
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs
"Love is a negative form of hatred." - Roger Zelazny, This Immortal

A&A thread!