Safe Houses and Speakeasies - Complete -- Law & Order triumphs!

Started by Valerian, June 16, 2009, 11:22:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valerian

It seemed like any other day in Chicago.  Prohibition had started almost a year ago, but the city had hardly missed a beat.  When the law created a vacuum, the underworld raced to fill it, and the bootleggers practically run some neighborhoods.

This neighborhood isn't quite that bad -- yet -- but everyone knows that the bootleggers are here.  For months there's been an uneasy truce, but now, things have come together in a bad way and the crooks have made their move!

Jack Callahan, owner of the local bakery and one of the most popular men in the area has been shot because he wouldn't pay protection money, and the town is in an uproar.  The police are overwhelmed, and half of them are on the take anyway.  Though poor Jack was shot three times in the back, the local cops have ruled it an accidental death.  It seems that the only thing to do is for the townsfolk to take the law into their own hands, and try to reclaim their neighborhood once and for all...

The Roles:

Townsfolk: Most players will be Townsfolk, law-abiding citizens trying to keep their streets safe, even if it means turning vigilante.

Bootleggers: There will be three Bootleggers, determined to take over the neighborhood, one way or another.  They may be outnumbered, but they've got the biggest guns.

Stool Pigeon: There will be one Stool Pigeon (Stoolie), who somehow knows an awful lot about what goes on around here.  This player can choose one other player during each night via PMs and request to learn that person's role from the storyteller (me). 

Undercover Cop: One of the few decent cops left, each night the Undercover Cop will be able to send the name of one other player to the storyteller via PM, and thereby protect that person from the Bootleggers.

The Rules:

Just as in the usual game of Mafia, any player can lie, deceive, or mislead as much as they think they can get away with, all in the name of having fun.  Please don't quote anything directly from any PMs you might send or receive regarding the game; but any information you might get that way can be repeated in your own words as much as you like.

The traditional day/night cycle will remain.  The first night, one of the Townsfolk (an NPC) will die!  The next day, the players will vote on a character to be removed, and will discover if their choice was a wise one.  That night, another will die at the hands of the Bootleggers, unless the Undercover Cop happens to intervene.

Please do not vote to lynch yourself.  It's just too awkward.

The Undercover Cop has the option to protect him/herself only once during each game.  This is a rule variation I found online that I'd like to try out here.

The Bootleggers will all know each other, but no one else will be sure who to trust.  Can the Townsfolk find the crooks before they take over?  Will it ever be safe to walk the streets again?
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Valerian

The Players:

Aiden
Caeli
Kaz the Beast
LadySky
Maeven
Marguerite
Saffron
Saku
Stattick
Trieste
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Marguerite

I am putting my vote in for Aiden because he could have been the goon who got Jack taken for a ride.
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Autumn Sativus

I gots a feelin' that we need to take somebody for a ride. Three times poor Jack got the heater to the back and them damned cops is too hard-boiled to gonna pinch anyone. I think it's gettin' about time we did somethin' ourselves, huh?

So who's it gonna be. Somebody took Jack for a ride last night, and now we otta do the same.

Now I don't know from nothin', but I been hearin' some things about that Aiden.
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Kazyth

M'yeah, see.  It's gonna be coitens for some mugs, what wanna' come t' our town an cut rough.  Well, we're not gonna take dat guff from nobodies, see?  An word is on da street dat Stattick, 'e knows a lil' too much 'bout things, see?  M'yeah.
A rose by any other name... still has thorns you can prick someone with. - Me.

Trieste

They're known for being pushy. I vote the pushy broad that spoke first... Marguerite.

Aiden

"Listen up here Dolls, last thing on my mind was taking Jackie boy for a ride, I was busy with the broad on 54th last night with the killer gams."
Waving off the two votes against him, he orders a drink and relaxes, listening to the jazz in the background.
(I am assuming we are all in the Speakeasy already)

Trieste

(It's more fun to be in the speakeasy anyway.)

Caeli

"I know everyone is nervous about Callahan's murder running 'round loose," she said casually, swirling a glass of sparkling water around in her hand, "But Aiden's right. My man drove past that area last night on our way to a lovely jazz club, and I saw him piss drunk and stumbling into a hotel."

She took a sip of her water, brow artfully raised. "How do we know you're not the one we should watch out for, Marguerite? Why're you so quick to point fingers?"
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Marguerite

Marguerite glanced at the dame who didn't know nothing just as much as she knew nothing. "Why are you so quick to point it back at me who voiced first? Should I have kept my mouth shut and waited for someone else to throw around name? Think about it, we all have a shot and yet I am being blamed for having a mouth?," she questioned, wishing she had a dirty martini.

Trieste

Yeah, you're bein' blamed for havin' a mouth. You're either guilty or just plain quick on the temper and I don't like either one.

* Trieste flips her fiery hair over one shoulder and then nudges Kaz.

Got a light?

Kazyth

*watches the two dames go at it, wonderin' if there's gonna be a catfight sometime soon*

Sure, dollface.  I gots a light for yahs.

*a box of matches is pulled from his pocket and one is struck, held under her smoke until it puffs and glows to life*

There yahs goes.

Caeli

* Caeli felt like a headache was coming on, but resisted the temptation to sigh theatrically. She rollied her eyes instead, shrugging one shoulder as she ordered a drink from the bartender.

Can't we just have a drink in peace before we start pointing fingers at each other and fighting?

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Aiden

Aiden tilted his head back and let out a gut-jerk laugh.
"You are starting to sound like my ex-wife Caeli"

Valerian

Current Voting:

Aiden (3) - Marguerite, Saffron, Saku
Marguerite (2) - Caeli, Trieste
Saffron (1) - Maeven
Stattick (1) - Kaz the Beast
Trieste (1) - LadySky
Caeli (0)
Kaz (0)
LadySky (0)
Maeven (0)
Saku (0)

Yet to vote: Aiden, Stattick

There are 3 Bootleggers, 1 Undercover Cop, 1 Stool Pigeon, and 5 Townsfolk.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

LadySky

LadySky sits in the corner listening to all the buzz as she puffs away on her smoke. Finally she rises slowly and makes her way to the bar for a refill. It is quite odvious she is here for one purpose and that is to find a companion for the long night ahead.

"I vote for Marguerite." she mummbles as she waits on her drink and turns to survey the room full of gentlemen.

Marguerite was simply to beautiful and too much competition in the slutty LadySky's opinion.
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

LadySky

After scanning the room LadySky notices that trolop Trieste waving around her beautiful red hair and glares.

"If I had a heater I would take that dame for a ride." she whispers quietly.

Walking over to the band she begins to dance, odviously showing her gams off for any swell who wants to watch.
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Kazyth

*swivels on his stool, turning his back to the bar and leaning his elbows on it as he takes in all the cheesecake and gorgeous dames wandering the place... and cattin' up a storm, to boot*

I don't know nuttin' bout no ladies acein' no ones.  I just knows what I heard, see?  An' last I heard, Margie-baby over there wasn't no where nears ole Jackie boy, God rest.

Maeven

"Old Jackie'll have his day one way or the other, you can bet on that..." Maeven whispered under her breath as she pushed open the doors of the bar and headed inside. 

"Accidental death they called it? Can you believe that?" she said to the bartender when she slid onto a seat a few spots down from Caeli. "Those bastard cops probably got a rat on the inside feeding 'em information and calling off the dogs on Jackie's murderer," she blurted out in disgust.

"In fact, it was probably one of them that offed him," she said and swiveled around on her stool, blond hair swirling around with the movement.  Slowly, she pulled out a silver lighter and a long, thin cigarette and lit the tip until it glowed red while she surveyed the crowd.

"I'll bet Saffron had something to do with it. I never liked that broad anyway," she said quietly and turned back to take a sip of her freshly poured drink.

What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule

Saku

I think I'll cast my vote for Aiden since he seems too much at ease with all the votes currently against him :p
I'm back!
"Times change and so must I. We all change when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives.
And that’s ok, that’s good, as long as you keep moving, as long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me."
Ons/Offs! vs Updates! vs Requests

Aiden

"If you want my attention Dame all you got to do is bat those lashes my way...no need to start pointing fingers at me."
Aiden glanced over at Saku and smiled as he took down his gin with a gulp, ordering another.
"How about we play some Louis and enjoy the night, who knows it might be the last for one or two of us."

Saku

Saku raised her brow when Aiden spoke to her and shook her head. "You're quite sure of yourself, what if I did take you up on that offer? Would I end up dead the next morning?" She inquired gazing over at Aiden and waited for his response.
I'm back!
"Times change and so must I. We all change when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives.
And that’s ok, that’s good, as long as you keep moving, as long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me."

Caeli

"A night with Aiden?" Caeli chuckled. "I think not. He's the type of man who wouldn't do something that gets his clothes dirty. Right, Aiden?" She winked, then turned back to the bartender to thank him for the drink.

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Aiden

He had to switch his attention from Saku and back to Caeli, but his smile curled across a corner of his lips as he heard the both of them.
"I'd be surprised if you even saw the light of the next day after a night with me doll."

Glancing up at Caeli with his smile curling into a grin.
"That's what coat rack was made for..."
His hand lowered the drink and slide up his suit, fixing the coat and making sure it was all in place.

LadySky

LadySky smirked as she overheard the girls speaking with Aiden. She had been down that road before.

"Aiden always takes care to remove the clothes before he attacks his victims if my memory serves me right." she laughingly said with a wink in Aiden's direction.

Stattick

Having heard enough now from the back room, Stattick walked in from the shadows, puffing a stogie that cast an angry orange pall across his face.

Giving an angry glare at Kaz, Stattick said, "Talkin' behind my back eh? Givin me the finger when yous think I ain't even 'ere to say nuthin about it? I'll remember that Kaz. Mark my words, I'll remember that..."

Stattick walked past in a puff of billowing smoke and an angry orange glow. He came to stand beside Aiden, and spoke low to him... but he noticed that the others seemed to quiet down and evesdrop even though they pretended not to. "Buddy... it seems you've got a problem. Seems folks around these parts are muttering that you're the bloke dat got poor ol' Jack. But I might be able to convince 'em otherwise, see? Jus you don't forget who pulled your tail outta the fire now, ya 'ere?"

Stattick turned to face the crowd. His eye caught that vamp Marguerite. "Sorry darlin... But I never could get that outta my head, that time you said I was too ugly to dance with. 'Sides, you just look guilty, you sound guilty, and if half of what I hear about you do behind closed doors is true, you're definitely guilty of lots of stuff..." Stattick shrugged, "So I gotta put the finger on you Margarite. Mighta been different if we'd danced though."
O/O   A/A

Aiden

Aiden alcohol glazed eyes looked over as Stattick approached him, listening to him as he honed in his gaze on the broads who plotted his demise.
"I don't forget..."
With a smile he looks over to Margarite and shrugged.
"Sorry Doll, but looks like it is time for you to take a ride."

Valerian

Final Voting:

Marguerite (4) - Aiden, Caeli, Stattick, Trieste
Aiden (3) - Marguerite, Saffron, Saku
Saffron (1) - Maeven
Trieste (1) - LadySky
Caeli (0)
Kaz (0)
LadySky (0)
Maeven (0)
Saku (0)

And without even giving the poor dame a chance to finish her drink (though considering the quality of the hooch around here, that might not have been such a bad thing after all), Marguerite's fate was decided.  Before she realized that her 'friends' were really hard-boiled enough to do her in, she found herself swept into a waiting car, never to be seen alive again.  Headlines the next day reported her as the victim of a mugging gone tragically awry.

Unfortunately, the papers did get one thing right: Marguerite was, in fact, an innocent victim -- one of the Townsfolk, and not a villain at all.

• Aiden
  • Caeli
  • Kaz
  • LadySky
  • Maeven
  • Marguerite - victim of vigilante justice
  • Saffron
  • Saku
  • Stattick
  • Trieste

There are 3 Bootleggers, 1 Undercover Cop, 1 Stool Pigeon, and 4 Townsfolk.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Stattick

Stattick smoked his stogie, anxiously waiting for someone to say something... He stared down into his drink, and swirled it around, the little ice cubes clinking against the side of the glass.

"I... can't believe we got the wrong dame," he muttered. Well, at least he wouldn't have the spectre of having that one's rejection hanging over his head any longer.

He then looked over at Kaz... "Honestly, I don't know if you're one of the boot leggers or not. But I can't forgive or forget. Never been able to... So you get my next vote. 'Sides, you been strutten around like you know something. So I think that this time, I'm fingering the right goon."

Stattick glances around the room, wondering if they're gonna get him next, like they did when Marguerite spoke first last time. Wether they do or not, they can surely see that he has a legitimate beef with that one, right? Afterall, before Stattick was even in the room, Kaz had him fingered for no reason. That just can't stand. Stattick quickly quaffs the rest of his drink, and signals the bartender to come over for a refill.
O/O   A/A

LadySky

LadySky had watched it all with a quiet frown. She did not believe for a moment Marg was one of those bootleggers. A small grin slid across her face however when she realized she no longer had to lovely Marg to compete with! "More swell's for me" she snikered.

Struttin to the bar she slid into a stool and ordered a drink.

Caeli

"Well, it's tough, but... we're none of us mind-readers," Caeli murmured. She was sitting in the same place she'd been sitting in the day before - sipping a glass of sparkling water at the bar, idly waiting until night fell.

She let her gaze linger over the men in the room, but she didn't move or indicate that she was interested in going anywhere yet.

"Do you think the bootleggers will strike again tonight?"

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Autumn Sativus

Saffron watched the room quietly, staying mostly to herself, unaware of who to trust, if anyone. "I think we should be expectin' it. Heard that's wha happen'd in the next town over." she took a sip from her glass, obviously a little done in.

"Sad thing tha' happen'd ta Mar... and Jackie... we're gonna get our revenge man."
Us against the world

Aiden

Aiden had arrived late that night to the local watering hole, his normally pressed coat was thrown on sloppily. A dark shadow crept along his chin and jawline, stepping up to the bar he ordered a drink and drank quickly to make up for lost time.

Valerian

The little group drinks long into the night, musing on Marguerite's fate, and wondering what might happen next under cover of darkness.  When the last of them finally slips off to bed, the moon is high in the sky, turning the whole world black and white.

The next morning is almost equally grey, with rainclouds hanging low over the city.  Everyone expects the news on Marguerite in the papers, but there's a shock in store, too -- Maeven has been killed during the night!  It was a hit and run, which the police are calling an accident -- but they don't seem too concerned with looking for clues, either.  But another innocent has been lost, one of the Townsfolk.

• Aiden
  • Caeli
  • Kaz
  • LadySky
  • Maeven - killed by bootleggers
  • Marguerite - victim of vigilante justice
  • Saffron
  • Saku
  • Stattick
  • Trieste

There are 3 Bootleggers, 1 Undercover Cop, 1 Stool Pigeon, and 3 Townsfolk.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Caeli

It was the next day.

As everyone filtered into the speakeasy again, Caeli noticed that someone felt... missing. She ordered her usual, though this time, she added a copy of the daily news sheet so she could glance through it while everyone was still getting settled.

There was only a low hum of conversation going on when she suddenly jumped up, and the black and white sheets dropped from her fingers and to the ground. "Maeven was in a hit and run accident last night!" She exclaimed, quickly retrieving the stack of thin papers and pointing at the small blurb in the police reports section.

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

LadySky

LadySky was just entering the speakeasy when Caeli exclaimed Maeven had been killed. She rushed over to peer at the news blurb with Caeli in shock. LadySky was not much for makin friends with dames but Maeven had been a nice gal!

"Dammit, something has to be done about these goons!" she hissed with anger.

Trieste

For the love of Christ, this is terrible. Ladysky's right, ain't nobody that can hit miss Mae in the caboose like that worth nothing. Stattick, you crazy criminal, what do you know about this?

Caeli

She handed off the news sheet to LadySky, then grabbed her glass of wine, missing the first time before simply holding it in her hands. She took a quick drink to steady herself, then glanced at Saffron. Caeli swallowed nervously, wondering if she should speak up at all.

Speaking up meant you might be taken for a ride at any moment, like Callahan and Maeven.

But staying silent meant they might all die.

"Why would the Bootleggers go for Maeven?" She finally piped up. Caeli just managed to hide her wince - her voice squeaked a little. "It doesn't make any sense, unless the first time around, she voted for a Bootlegger... and she was the only person who voted for Saffron."

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Autumn Sativus

Saffron looked around sadly, disappointed that they'd lost Maeven during the night. That doll never liked her, but even if Maeven wanted her dead, Saffron still cared about her.

"Caeli, come on, dollface. I ain't doin' no bootleggin', I wouldn't even have a clue on how." she shrugged a bit as she downed her drink. "The things dats goin' on in dis town gots ta change, y'know... I dun wanna keep wakin' up to another dead one, sooner or later it's gonna be me that wakes up dead." she looked around and sighed, shaking her head.
Us against the world

Saku

Saku looked over at Caeli and thought about her words which did seem to make a lot of sense. Maeven had been the only one who had voted for Saffron last time around and the next day Maeven had been taken out by the bootleggers, it seemed too much like a coincidence. So Saku sided with Caeli this time around and voted for Saffron as well.
I'm back!

Kazyth

Kaz wanders in the next day, a look of resignation and sadness on his face as he hears the commotion... and what was causing it.  Absently he adjusts his hat and plops down on a barstool, muttering softly to himself, "Lost annuder pair'a sweet pins las' night.  Dis can't stand, see?  Yous mooks let one hot tomata get taken fer da long ride, an dem bootleg bastids off another in the night?"

Those dark, hooded eyes turn to Stattick once more, baleful and sharp.  "You's a goon, Stattick, and yah always was.  Jumpin' onna bandwagon for ta save yah own skin, an lettin' poor Margie-baby get offed?  Feh.  It's curtains fer yahs, if I has my say, see?"

Valerian

Current Voting:

Saffron (2) - Caeli, Saku
Caeli (1) - Trieste
Kaz (1) - Stattick
Aiden (0)
LadySky (0)
Saku (0)
Trieste (0)

Yet to vote: Aiden, LadySky, Saffron

~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Caeli

Hearing Kaz speak, Caeli glanced over at Stattick, wondering if he was going to respond with any kind of retort.

"Well, the 'jumpin' on the bandwagon' argument might work, if you'd said that about Aiden," she said out loud, slowly. Why was she doing this? She really was going to get herself killed. "But you were the only one who voted for Stattick last round. How do we know you're not just tryin' to get even?"

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Trieste

* Trieste peers at Caeli, nonplussed.

I'm not sure I follow you, doll.

Caeli

Caeli waved in Stattick's direction. "Jumping on the bandwagon... over half of us in the room did that. If jumping on the bandwagon makes everyone a bootlegger, then wouldn't we all be crooks in this room?" She shrugged one shoulder and took a sip of wine.

"Kaz, though, he's been after Stattick from the start. What does he know that we don't? Or is he just using this opportunity to pursue a secret agenda?"

Another sip. Wetting her lips, she continued. "The way I see it, Saffron's a more likely target. She voted different from all of us - and look where that got her."

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Trieste

What you say makes sense, in an odd way, but I'm not sure it points to Saffron.

You've sure put a lot more thought in this than someone who just found out this morning, Miss Caeli.

Caeli

She blinked, but didn't avert her gaze, not wanting to back down from what her gut was telling her. "Just trying to be logical. Anything else, and we'll all be dead before we know it."

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

LadySky

LadySky had sat listening to everyone's beefs and bunk as she read the news blurb over and over in shock. She needed to let loose some of this building tension quickly she realized as her eyes burned with tears.

Standing from the table she shook her bum all the way to the bar and ordered a drink. Turning to observe the room she sipped quietly trying to get a read on who was a piker in this joint.

Aiden

Aiden was sitting in the corner with his drink, swirling it in the glass as he heard all the commotion and finger pointing. The last few days had been rather depressing for the club, this was a sanctuary to drink and good times, not a courtroom. Sighing deeply, he eyed each person and tried to see who made the most sense.

Stattick

Stattick came in and sat down next to Aiden, and said, "I heard Kaz was out for my blood still. I'm not quite sure why that is... but a goon like me with a sordid history - he probably thinks I done him wrong at some point, and now wants revenge. He's gettin my vote, no doubt. You up to helping me bury that piker?"
O/O   A/A

LadySky

As she watched and listened her mind swam with the alcohol haze. Slightly drunk she pointed toward Stattick,

"You think your one hard-boiled swell Stattick but I figure you for a rummy personally."

With that she went to slide off her stool but ended up sprawled on the floor covered in gin.

Valerian

Current Voting:

Saffron (2) - Caeli, Saku
Stattick (2) - Kaz the Beast, LadySky
Caeli (1) - Trieste
Kaz (1) - Stattick
Aiden (0)
LadySky (0)
Saku (0)
Trieste (0)

Yet to vote: Aiden, Saffron

~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Autumn Sativus

"Hey, I didn't vote different. Marg was the doll that chatted me up, lettin' me know some things about that Aiden character that just didn't put together right. Maybe it's just your paranoia, Caeli that's keepin' ya from seein' it."

She sighed, shaking her head a little as she took another sip of the good stuff in her cup.
Us against the world

Aiden

After tossing down another drink and wallowing in the heavy decision, he looked over the bar with a frown. It seemed the days of kicking back a drink and enjoying the night was dying with this new drive to find the bootleggers and rid the town of them, with heavy heart he mutters his pick.
"Saffron."

Trieste

What? After you were just complaining about the lack of dames around here, you're gonna off one?

* Trieste just blinks at Aiden, somewhat stunned.

Autumn Sativus

Saffron sighs, turning to Kaz and changing her vote to him after noticing that she was now the one closest to being pulled from her seat and dragged out for a ride. She still didn't even understand what she'd done to deserve the votes, but there they were none the less. Downing a few shots she looked about and sighed, quite unsure of what would happen now. "I dun like that fella... there's somethin' about 'im... just off in his head, thinkin' he knows all these things when he don't know from nothin'."
Us against the world

Aiden

(Wrong game Trieste, Aiden in the WW wants to lower the male to female ratio  ;D )

Trieste

Valerian

Final Voting:

Saffron (3) - Aiden, Caeli, Saku
Stattick (2) - Kaz the Beast, LadySky
Caeli (2) - Trieste
Kaz (1) - Saffron, Stattick
Aiden (0)
LadySky (0)
Saku (0)
Trieste (0)

It's a close run thing, but at last it's settled -- Saffron is the one who's going to join Maeven, Marguerite, and Jack in the great beyond.  In an otherwise quiet alley, a shot rings out, and Saffron is gone.

It doesn't take long to discover it -- hidden in the lining of her fancy beaded purse is a key that turns out to open a storage locker, full to the brim with bathtub gin.  Saffron was a Bootlegger!  Some celebrate quietly, others not so quietly, and the whole neighborhood is relieved.

• Aiden
  • Caeli
  • Kaz
  • LadySky
  • Maeven - (T) killed by bootleggers
  • Marguerite - (T) victim of vigilante justice
  • Saffron - (B) killed by townsfolk
  • Saku
  • Stattick
  • Trieste

There are 2 Bootleggers, 1 Undercover Cop, 1 Stool Pigeon, and 3 Townsfolk.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Kazyth

"It's a damn shame, hot little number light that getting offed.  Still, maybe Maeven rests a lil easier now, see?"  With that, Kaz tilts the brim of his hat down a little more over his eyes and stumbles off to catch some shut eye.  Them Bootleggers ain't finished yet.  Just slowed down a hair.

LadySky

LadySky slaps Saffron's corpse in furious anger until her own hand hurts.

Cursing all the way home she swears never to trust another dame again! "Cannot believe I almost fell for her lies!"

Trieste

*blink .... blinks at LadySky* Yowza...

Stattick

Stattick stared at the scene in disbelief. LadySky's reaction was surprising to say the least. But there again, he wasn't privy to anything that had been happening behind closed doors. Perhaps there was some sordid relationship between those two crazy dames that he didn't know about.

Shaking his head in disbelief as LadySky left, Stattick looks at Aiden. "And to think I was tryin ta talk yas into voting diffrent. Good call buddy... Say, I never did ask yous where yous got that funny name from. Irish or somthin. Not that there's nuthin wrong with the Irish... jus ain't a name I know too well is all."
O/O   A/A

Aiden

Aiden nodded his head in shock, watching Ladysky's outburst before she practically tore the hinges off the joint in her escape. He leaned back onto the bar in time to watch Stattick approach, the temporary ally he had seemed to make during this ordeal.
"Something about her, told me she was rotten..."
Not specifying who he was talking about, listening to his inquiry he glanced up as he swirled the hooch in hand and drank the rest down.
"My ma called me that all my life, I guess I am used to be called that more than my birth given name. Never really asked her what it meant, not that I could, parent's been dead for years now."

Valerian

The conversation is muted, the drinking quiet but steady, and at last everyone has wandered off home once more, to sleep it off and try to forget the death and fear.  But the next morning, it all comes rushing back.

Saku has been found dead this time, another innocent Townsfolk lost.  The authorities report that, despite the fact that she was found wearing cement overshoes at the bottom of the river, her death is being ruled accidental.

• Aiden
  • Caeli
  • Kaz
  • LadySky
  • Saku - (T) killed by bootleggers
  • Stattick
  • Trieste

There are 2 Bootleggers, 1 Undercover Cop, 1 Stool Pigeon, and 2 Townsfolk.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Caeli

Caeli said nothing when it was revealed that Saffron was a bootlegger - there was only relief that her gut feeling hadn't been wrong.

The night passed uneasily. She had only been one bootlegger - there had to be more trying to take over the town.

Sure enough, the news sheet next morning had Saku's name printed in tiny letters in the police reports section. Wordlessly, she handed the paper off to everyone else for them to read. "Looks like they're still after us."

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

LadySky

LadySky entered the gin mill looking tired and frazzled. She had stayed up all night swimming in a bathtub full of gin singing at the top her lungs about traitors and sneaks. Seems her neighbors did not enjoy her entertainment however and she now found herself evicted from the eleventh apartment this year.

"Keep em comin barkeep!" she slurred as she took her seat at the bar.

"So that Saku got taken for a ride huh? She sure had the it goin for her, I won't miss the vamp." she mummbled almost incoherently.

As she swigged the rot gut down glass by glass she watched the room and wondered if she was the next sap to get a rod in the back.

Trieste

LadySky

With a very loud and inelegant belch LadySky falls to the floor and looks up Trieste's skirt.

"That's what I look like to!" she slurs while giggling.

Caeli

Caeli had to fight to keep the snort of laughter from bubbling up. Instead, she gave a small cough and then nodded towards the news sheet, which had slid to the floor after LadySky.

"So I'm figuring that there are still Bootleggers coming after us... any idea who might be next?"

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

LadySky

Clearly LadySky was three sheets to the wind however she could still speak her two sense!

"I figure their out to knock off all the vamps! I might be next seein as how easy my stockins are to get into!" she laughs and snorts as she makes her way up off the dirty floor and into a chair.

Lookin around the place slowly she points a finger at Stattick.

"He don't like the dames I tell ya!" she hollars for all to hear.

Aiden

Quote from: LadySky on June 19, 2009, 03:17:12 PM
With a very loud and inelegant belch LadySky falls to the floor and looks up Trieste's skirt.

"That's what I look like to!" she slurs while giggling.

"Alright doll, no more hooch for you."
He dug into his coat pocket and pulled out a pack of Luckystrikes, lighting one up after guiding it to his mouth. Smoke blew out of his mouth as he spoke.
"These sons of bitches need to be careful, they are killing of their clients...vicious circle we are all in right now...bad for buisness."

LadySky

LadySky wrapped herself around Aiden nibbling an earlobe.

"Gonna save me from being a rummy Aiden?" she whispered as she lay her head on his thick shoulder.

Caeli

Pretending not to notice the way LadySky was dripping all over Aiden, Caeli cleared her throat and nodded at Trieste.

"And yourself? Kaz, I don't doubt he's going to keep going for Stattick - but you didn't seem so sure last time."

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Valerian

Current Voting:

LadySky (1) - Trieste
Stattick (1) - LadySky
Aiden (0)
Caeli (0)
Kaz (0)
Trieste (0)

Yet to vote: Aiden, Caeli, Kaz, Stattick

~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Kazyth

"Stattick is one of em.  None of yahs listened to me about Marg, and we killed an innocent dame.  Two more've been taken for rides by the bootleggers, and yahs just keep yappin' about.  I feels it in my water, see?  If yahs all wants tah die, fine... but I'm goin' out fightin', and pointing out the one I know."

Trieste

*giggles and murmurs under her breath* I'm not sure you've had any water since about 1920, m'dear.

Valerian

Current Voting:

Stattick (2) - Kaz, LadySky
LadySky (1) - Trieste
Trieste (1) - Caeli
Aiden (0)
Caeli (0)
Kaz (0)

Yet to vote: Aiden, Stattick

~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Caeli

She took a sip of wine. "Well, he was right about Marg..."

Nodding at Trieste, Caeli indicated the news sheet. "Still sure I'm paranoid? Why don't you jump on the bandwagon, too?"

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Aiden

His nose twitched as he caught the heavy scent of gin and perfume, quickly taking his cigarette back to his mouth to take a long drag. The tobacco masking the overwhelming scent of the dame clutched tightly to him.
"You country girls are handfuls...come to the city and let your hair loose. I ain't no knight in shining armor doll."
He smiled and sat her next to him, making sure she had nothing else to drink for the night.

LadySky

LadySky pouted her pretty red lips in Aiden's direction as he set her aside. He was playing hard to get but she did not mind, more fun chasing than having them she figured.

She sat idly beside him running her nails along his thigh inching her way up.

"Seems Caeli wants to get everybody to vote but she ain't willin to vote herself." she murmmered as she smiled wickedly at Aiden.

Caeli

"Well, I'm thinkin' that if Kaz's gut is so hard-boiled that we can't convince him to switch his vote, then there must be something he's thinking right. But at the same time... if he thinks it was Stattick who's been takin' all the ladies here for a ride, then I think Trieste must be in the cahoots with him."

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Trieste

I think you're bitter because I fingered you yesterday and won't cave to your questions today. *arches a brow*

LadySky

*arches eyebrow*  fingered?  Me thinks non-PG13 things be goin on here!

Caeli

Caeli shrugged. "I think you and Stattick are both out to get us all, and if you vote for him, he's dead for certain, and you'd be left stranded."

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Trieste

Yep, like I said... you're pissed that I pointed the finger at you yesterday, so you decided to see if you could talk me into a vote. When you couldn't talk me into a vote, you decided to point the finger at me. I bet you cheat at cards, too, maybe flash a little leg while you get a look at some john's hand.

LadySky

LadySky peers across Aiden's lap at the dames and giggles.

"Catfight! I put a nickel on Caeli! She looks scrappy!" LadySky hollars drunkenly before she falls face first into Aiden lap.

Caeli

"Aw, shoot. You've found me out. I guess I'll have to find another way to cheat at cards."

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Aiden

Aiden rolls his eyes at Ladysky's convenient drop into his lap, smiling he shot a glare over at Trieste!
"What the hell, I don't mind if I got tricked out of a few coins if I get a look at those gams, quit ruining a good thing!"

Kazyth

A soft, disgusted sigh escapes Kaz as he watches the gums beat and the beef fly.  It was all a bunch of bunk, and he knew it well.  The Bootleggers were here, with them, in this room.  No doubt some the stuff was all just a line, gas filling up the speakeasy to the bursting point.  Aiden probably wasn't one of the goons, but he wouldn't put it past a certain girl to be a vamp, tryin' to keep folks riled up.  To bad they all had such nice gams.  Not a woman here lacked it, really, and that made it that much worse to know at least one more was gonna get a last kiss from someone's rod.

Muttering, he downs another shot of the juice, wincing slightly before turning his back on the gin mill.  He's said his piece. 

Aiden

With his body held in place by Ladysky's head, he jots the next person he suspects is a drug dealer and passes it forward.

Stattick

Stattick

Stattick came staggering in late to the party with a hangover, and red bloodshot eyes. Without looking at anyone, he saddled up to the bar, and ordered some of that good canadian whiskey they'd just gotten in. He paid a small fortune, and took the whole bottle. He could feel the mood in the joint... you'd hear a pin drop in here. He lit up an expensive stogie and took a few puffs of the thing.

Then with some weariness, turned at last to face them. "So, I heard the news about Soku... I'd guess we still have a bootlegger around. Seein as how no one wants to meet my eye, I'll guess as to how the vote went tonight."

Stattick took a long swig off of the bottle, and turned to ask the barkeep what the vote was. He thought about it for a moment... it wasn't likely that anyone was going to change their vote, but if they did, he had to make sure that his might make the difference between getting burned or not.

"I think LadySky's the bootlegger... how else could she afford to bath in the stuff, eh?" Stattick took another deep swig of the hooch, and a couple more furious puffs of his stogie, before turning his back to the crowd once more at the bar. He was pretty sure of what was coming next, and didn't want to see it coming.
O/O   A/A

Valerian

Final Voting:

Stattick (3) - Aiden, Kaz, LadySky
LadySky (2) - Trieste, Stattick
Trieste (1) - Caeli
Aiden (0)
Caeli (0)
Kaz (0)

Stattick seemed to realize which way the wind was blowing, and braced himself with one last, stiff drink -- one last taste of the hair of the dog -- and a few last puffs of his very pricey cigar.  The condemned man's final requests.  His desperate vote for LadySky did him no good, and before the evening was over, he'd been taken for his last ride.

This time, the proof was in the lettuce he was carrying -- the numbers on some of those big bills matched up with bills the police were looking for.  Stattick was a Bootlegger!  And the neighborhood was that much safer.

• Aiden
  • Caeli
  • Kaz
  • LadySky
  • Stattick (B) killed by townsfolk
  • Trieste

There are 1 Bootlegger, 1 Undercover Cop, 1 Stool Pigeon, and 2 Townsfolk.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Kazyth

"I tol' yahs all, didn't I?  I sez he was a bootlegger, and he was one, see?"  Kaz grins triumphantly, sure that he's signed his own deathwarrent... but knowing that in so doing he's made the place a little safer.  "This ole gut o' mine don't never lie to me, see?"  He slaps his stomach once, then lumbers to his feet and tips his hat to the ladies.  "Maybe I'll see yahs all tomorrow.  If not, well, think well 'a me, and toast once in a while."  With that, he's gone into the night, to find sleep... or a bullet in the head.

Caeli

"And another of them bootleggers bites the dust!" Caeli downed the last of her wine and handed the glass to the barkeep, then grabbed up her coat. She glanced at Trieste, wondering if she was feeling any danger yet.

"I'm on my way home. See y'all tomorrow, hopefully."

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Valerian

Once more, the slightly diminished group split up as the evening drew to a close.  Relief mixed with the tension -- no one quite knew what to expect of this night.  Rumour had it that there must be one more bootlegger, but who?  That lone outlaw must be feeling the pressure and desparation now.

The next morning, everyone was startled to realize that no one had died during the night!  Other rumours, about one lone good cop trying to protect the area, must also be true, it seemed.

• Aiden
  • Caeli
  • Kaz
  • LadySky
  • Trieste

~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Trieste

LadySky

LadySky awoke with a start looking around the strange room. She was not in her own little apartment that was for sure but where was she and how did she get here? Peeking under the covers she was surprised to see that she was fully clothed and her brow furrowed as she attempted to remember the night before. Everything was fuzzy and her head was pounding so hard she simply moaned and fell back onto the pillow trying to hide from the new days sun.

"Hello?" she called out from under the covers.

Caeli

"Thank god, indeed."

Glancing at the prone figure, Caeli nudged LadySky. "We're in the back room of the speakeasy. You threw up all over Aiden as he was leaving, then fainted dead away right on the floor. We decided it'd be easier to let you sleep away your hangover here, rather than trying to drag you home."

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

LadySky

Upon being nudged LadySky shot up in the little bed and eyed Caeli trying to figure out who she was. Her eyes flew wide as she finally realized what Caeli was saying and then groaned quite loudly.

"That will be the 3rd time this month I barfed on him! He is never gonna take me out if I keep doin that!" she whined annoyingly.

Slowly she rose and made her way to the facilities and came out looking just as bad if not worse than before. With a cheeky grin she winked at the barkeep and slid into her spot, "Hit me baby!"

"So are we gonna still get to take someone for a ride today?" she asked casually.

Trieste

LadySky

Being somewhat drunk LadySky desides to simply speak her mind.

"No more beating my gums! This dive ain't got no room for any more bootlegging scumbags. This is how I figure it, I have a feelin Aiden is an undercover cop and Caeli over there is got to be a stool pigeon. That leaves Kaz, Trieste, an me! I am sure that I am a vamp, maybe even a slutty vamp but I ain't no bootlegger. Kaz could be but my guts are sayin Trieste is dirty as they come. I said my peace now have at it everyone!"

With that lovely and somewhat slurred speach she headed out to go back up her things before the landlord confiscated what little she owned. Figuring out where she was gonna live now was a task she did not look forward to at all. Maybe she could stay at the gill mill for while?

Valerian

Current Voting:

Trieste (3) - Aiden, Caeli, LadySky
Aiden (1) - Trieste
Caeli (0)
Kaz (0)
LadySky (0)

Yet to vote: The Birthday Boy

~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Aiden

Aiden was not sure just how many innocents he had seen die to the bootleggers, far more then the ones that died the last few nights. He had been accused of murder, conspired against and even sided with the enemy to save his hide. Had it non been the mess they were all in, the uneasy peace between the bootleggers, the people and the cops they had on their payroll could have flourished for years. Standing up from the corner of the speakeasy, he reached into his side and drew his CNSR (Colt new service revolver).

Both eyes locked on Trieste.
"Gig's up doll face...I know you are the last one..."
He lifted the gun and placed it right between her eyes and nodded his head regrettably.
"You had to dance with the fucking devil...didn't you...you are the type that could have made one hell of a Ex-wife...any last words?"

Trieste

Tch, get that out of my face, you crazy mook. Do you kiss your mother with that mouth? *bats at Aiden's hand* You're getting all kinda defensive, aincha.

Aiden

Smiling he pulls the gun away and opens the revolving chamber, all empty. He leans in and sits next to her, tucking the gun into the back of his belt.
"Everyone knows you did it...so why play the games...your two partners are already dead."

Caeli

Caeli followed LadySky back into the main tap. "Well, I proved my point yesterday. Nothing's changed. I still think Trieste is a crook, through and through."

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Valerian

With an almost unanimous vote, Trieste's fate was sealed, her brave front getting her nowhere.  Convinced of her guilt, they gave her a brutal death, one that even the morning papers would have a hard time calling accidental.

One thing the papers didn't report on -- but that the neighborhood soon found out to be true, thanks to some incriminating papers tucked in her garter -- was that Trieste was, in fact, the last Bootlegger in the neighborhood.  At last law-abiding citizens could walk the streets safely... at least until the next gang moved in.

• Aiden (Undercover Cop)
  • Caeli (Stool Pigeon)
  • Kaz (Townsfolk)
  • LadySky - (Townsfolk)
  • Trieste - (B) killed by townsfolk

Final Tally: 0 Bootleggers, 1 Undercover Cop, 1 Stool Pigeon, and 2 Townsfolk.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Trieste

Unanimous vote?

Kaz, you are no longer a person.

Valerian

Almost!  I said almost! *points frantically*

*whimpers*
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Trieste

Marguerite

QuoteWith an almost unanimous vote

She did put almost.

Kazyth

*sobs*  I knew it was all just pillow talk, Valerian!  You said I mattered...

Trieste

Valerian, you pillow-talking trollop! :)

Valerian

*panics and comforts*

Oh, I can't stand to see a grown beast cry...

But I am not a pillow-talking trollop!  I prefer the term femme fatale.

;D
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

LadySky

*giggles at picturing Val as Doris Day and Kaz as Rock Hudson*

Pillow Talk! *smooches Trie*

Valerian

Brad Allen, aka Rex Stetson!  *squeals*
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Kazyth

*peeks out from behind his hands and grins toothily*

Well, femme fatale does have a certain ring to it as well...

Trieste

Val's sex appeal brings all the boys to the yard?

Valerian

~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Kazyth

*pokes around Val's yard*

... hello?  Something brought me here!

LadySky

*blushes* I have officially developed a girl crush on Val!  ::)

Trieste

*hides in the bushes, giggling madly*

Valerian

*is poked around and gives a different sort of squeal, still trying to hide*

I own that movie!  *giggles*
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Trieste

Kazyth

*keeps poking randomly, as Val makes some interestings sounds, though he stays out of the movie discussion for the time being*

Autumn Sativus

Do we get a play-by-play of what happened and who everyone was? :D
Us against the world

Marguerite

Quote from: Saffron on June 23, 2009, 12:04:56 PM
Do we get a play-by-play of what happened and who everyone was? :D

Already know you were a bootlegger.

Autumn Sativus

I know. Who was the stool pidgeon and the undercover cop?
Us against the world

Marguerite

Quote from: Valerian on June 23, 2009, 08:49:20 AM
  • Aiden (Undercover Cop)
  • Caeli (Stool Pigeon)
  • Kaz (Townsfolk)
  • LadySky - (Townsfolk)
  • Trieste - (B) killed by townsfolk

-Points-

Val put the roles next to the names.

Valerian

*twitches and squeals*

Eek!  Anyway, the roles are listed in my last game post... which is way the heck up there now.  Hee.  Caeli was the Stoolie and Aiden was the Cop.  Yeah, what Marguerite said.  Heh.

I don't know Norbet, actually.  But the movie is Pillow Talk, that LadySky mentioned.  :)
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

LadySky

I was right! *claps giddily*

I own it tooooo!  XD

Valerian

*sings* You are my inspiration, LadySky...

*giggles*
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

LadySky

*giggles and blushes, smooching the mighty goddess*

Marguerite

-Smirks-

Oooh, going to tape and make a fortune.

Caeli

Yay townsfolks! <3

Seriously you guys. We have a habit of trying to kill off the allies first. >_>; I totally freaked when when I discovered that Aiden was one of the really good guys, and he was about to get killed off.

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Aiden

Valerian

*looks Aiden up and down*  Yep, apparently you were.  Heh.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Trieste

Val, I'm tired of being a bad guy. I'll join the next game if you can promise I'll get to be like a stoolie, a cop, or a peasant. Peasant would be awesome, since I actually have yet to be one here or in the WW games.

Saku

Me Me! I want to be a bad guy! *wants to see what it is like*

Oh dear, I don't think I'm allowed to post in this thread since I'm dead...should I erase? lol
I'm back!

Valerian

*laughs*  I think you should all send private messages about this stuff, y'know?  *giggles*  But I guess rose = peasant, so there's always that.  Hee.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

LadySky

So is this thread finished or should I keep it in my bookmarks?

Trieste