No Prey, No Pay reboot .Pirates and High Society Ladies(places filled)

Started by eiselmann, January 07, 2017, 03:39:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedEve

Quote from: eiselmann on January 15, 2017, 11:35:56 AM
Just a slight adjustment to the background, would work a little better if she was currently in the employ of the Finishing School and so had authority over all the ladies due to that. Remember that all (or at least most)of the younger ladies have a higher social status and would otherwise not have much regard for her directions

Perhaps this is her second such trip to the America's and a couple more will take place so that she can afford to build on the land (in the America's) that her Anglo father gifted her when she came of age.

Where would the young women live at the start of the story?
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

eiselmann

Quote from: Vlexia on January 15, 2017, 11:21:12 AM
No, not yet. Working on it though. Want to correspond? I think the women should know each other beforehand anyway since they will be traveling together

Good point

The younger ladies would have at the very least knowledge of each other, they grew up attending balls together and their fathers would know each other quite well, its certain that from childhood some of the younger ladies would visit each other's homes

As for the chaperone character knowing one or more of the young ladies that would be very doable if she grew up in the Caribbean with them and then gained employment with the school a few years earlier and so made her own journey to Dublin
260916 Sigh, on the back end of my laptop dying last week and getting a new one delivered, we now have had some local flooding where I live....fortunately for me no major damage since my house is a few feet above ground, however my back yard looks like the swimming pool I don't have ...so might take a day or two to get back to posting

The Betrayal at Yalta, one of the main reasons the world is the mess it is today

My ons and offs link

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=254364.0

eiselmann

Quote from: RedEve on January 15, 2017, 11:40:17 AM
Where would the young women live at the start of the story?

They grew up on various British Controlled islands in the Caribbean (I'll generate a list of those islands when I get back from work) the ship they are on is suppose to be travelling north towards the British Colonies along the coast of what is now the US.

The ship will be just south east of modern day Cuba when the Storm finds them
260916 Sigh, on the back end of my laptop dying last week and getting a new one delivered, we now have had some local flooding where I live....fortunately for me no major damage since my house is a few feet above ground, however my back yard looks like the swimming pool I don't have ...so might take a day or two to get back to posting

The Betrayal at Yalta, one of the main reasons the world is the mess it is today

My ons and offs link

eiselmann

Brill when you have it ready, send it to me via PM so I can add it to the Character Sheets in the OOC

My ons and offs link

RedEve

Quote from: eiselmann on January 15, 2017, 11:51:54 AM
Brill when you have it ready, send it to me via PM so I can add it to the Character Sheets in the OOC

I'd like to add a little detail about her relationship to the other women as well as the island she is living on.

RedEve

Just realized that with George I as the Monarch, it should be His Majesty's Navy, not Her Majesty's Navy.  :P

eiselmann

Anguilla - In 1650, English settlers arrived from St Kitts and colonized Anguilla. In 1656 Indians from a neighboring island came and destroyed the settlement. The French temporarily overtook the island in 1666 but under the Treaty of Breda it was returned to English control.

Antigua and Barbuda - As part of the Treaty of Breda France formally ends its claim of Antigua in 1667 giving control to the British. In 1685 the plantation owner Christopher Codrington, a sugar planter from Barbados leases the island of Barbuda from the British crown.

Bahamas - In 1670 King Charles II granted the islands to the Earl of Craven a Lord Proprietor of the Carolinas, who rented the islands from the king with rights of trading, tax, appointing governors, and administering the country.

Barbados - British sailors who landed on Barbados in 1625 arrived at the site of present-day Holetown. From the arrival of the first British settlers in 1627–1628 until independence in 1966, Barbados was under uninterrupted British control.

British Virgin Islands - During the 1698 negotiations between the Netherlands and the British over the ownership of the islands an order from the King become known. The King in 1694 issued an order to prevent foreign settlement in the Virgin Islands. In February 1698 Governor Christopher Codrington was told to regard the earlier 1694 orders as final, and the British entertained no further claims to the islands.

Cayman Islands - The islands were captured, then ceded to England in 1670 under the Treaty of Madrid.

Jamaica - Jamaica was captured, then ceded to England in 1670 under the Treaty of Madrid[9]
Montserrat - Fell under English control in 1632.

Saint Kitts and Nevis - After the Kalinago Genocide of 1626, Saint Kitts was partitioned between the British and French, with the French gaining the ends, Capisterre in the North and Basseterre in the south, and the British gaining the centre. In 1689, during the War of the Grand Alliance, France re-occupied the entire island, and decimated the British farms. English retaliation by General Codrington defeated the French forces and deported them to Martinique. The Treaty of Rijswijk in 1697 restored pre-war conditions. Nevis was ruled by the British

Saint Lucia - In 1664, Thomas Warner (son of the governor of St Kitts) claimed Saint Lucia for England. He brought 1,000 men there to defend it from the French, but after two years there were only 89 left, mostly due to disease.

This is a quick list of relevant British held territory, while the ship is south of some of these islands and is suppose to be heading North , the ship previously encountered a severe storm is completely off course and lost, its new captain can't admit that to himself let alone his crew.

My ons and offs link

Vlexia

If you cannot honor a No, then you certainly could never honor a Yes.

eiselmann

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=261611.0

Yes....the previous posting of this link got a little buried in the first page

After work I'll start working on a list of game and posting guidelines to avoid the fate of the previous attempt at this story.

I'll also give some detail about the Storm and I'll also be adding very (VERY) brief bio's for the npc's in the crew.Just to flesh out the pirates.

My ons and offs link