Bloodborne: The Day After

Started by Inerrant Lust, December 26, 2016, 05:00:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inerrant Lust

Preface: I've got two other games proposed in this forum and I'm only inclined to run one of them, maybe two. The decision will largely rest on the quality of the characters/writers we get and how well I think I can work with them.

Another Hunt has just concluded. By dawn, there will be no more beasts. All of them, save for those locked away in Old Town, have been eradicated. Yharnam picks up the pieces, as it always has, and life goes on. Hunters lock up their weapons, the mobs put away their pitchforks and muzzle their dogs. The Healing Church emerges from their hiding places to clean out their blood-soaked places of worship and once again begin blood ministration. The brothels open, the clinics open their doors, and life goes on.

For a month at least. Until the next full moon, when the hunt begins all over again.

This is an RP about day-to-day life in Yharnam between hunts. Everyone who was close to turning into a beast were cast out and subsequently killed during the night, leaving only the mildly infected. The Healing church returned to instill law and order- disbanding the mobs who raped or killed anyone they could justify being too 'tainted' to let live. People are free to come out of hiding and go about their business again, cleaning the dead off their front porches and returning to their lives as they were before...

Inerrant Lust

If you're struggling for ideas, some of the things I was mulling over in my head were...

A low-ranking member of the healing church that either;
-is using people's dependency on blood for his/her personal gain
-is aware of some kind of corruption going on with the blood, suspecting its tie to beasthood

A foreign prostitute with an addiction for blood

Someone very close to turning, who might not make it to the next hunt before they turn...

A hunter that just barely scratched the surface of the darker things going on in Yharnam

One of the old hunters, who used the chaos of the hunt not to kill beasts but to destroy the healing church and end the practice