Final Fantasy meets Marvel GIMP editing

Started by Aragem, January 04, 2012, 12:05:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aragem

Here are images that I edited using GIMP, they are for an upcoming game that I am planning and it required pics.  The game is a Marvel and Final Fantasy13 crossover.  The first is of Final Fantasy 13's Cocoon hovering over New York and Deadpool, the Merc with a Mouth holding a gunblade.

Inkidu

The gunblade will always be Final Fantasy VIII. It was not in XIII, because whatever Lightning was using, it actually shot bullets. Gunblades don't do that.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Aragem

Just thought it looked cool.

Inkidu

Quote from: Aragem on January 04, 2012, 10:29:15 AM
Just thought it looked cool.
Well, I have to acquiesce to the Rule of Cool, it just isn't Final Fantasy XIII.   
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Oniya

The Deadpool piece is very well done.  The blade fits in with the pose very well.  I'm not sure what the light stuff around the spire of the Empire State Building is supposed to be in the second piece, though.  Without context, it looks like an artifact of copy-pasting.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Aragem

Quote from: Oniya on January 04, 2012, 10:37:25 AM
The Deadpool piece is very well done.  The blade fits in with the pose very well.  I'm not sure what the light stuff around the spire of the Empire State Building is supposed to be in the second piece, though.  Without context, it looks like an artifact of copy-pasting.

As for the Deadpool bit, I had to find an image that fitted well with the gunblade.  I wanted to put a L'cie brand on him, but unfortunately he is pretty disfigured under the mask, so I didn't think it mesh well.  I decided instead to have him holding a  gunblade.  I figured that why wouldn't he want to use a gunblade?

Yeah, I may have to redo the new york one.  I took the beautiful scene of Cocoon floating over Pulse and took the New York skyline and meshed them together so it appears that Cocoon is floating above New York as if the beginning of my tale.

Oniya

You might be able to color-select the 'halo' and adjust the saturation/hue/etc. to fade it into the blue of the rest of the sky.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17