{~*Corner Sweets*~} Out of Character Discussion

Started by Paradox, October 15, 2008, 12:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paradox

"Forming characters! Whose? Our own or others? Both. And in that momentous fact lies the peril and responsibility of our existence."- Elihu Burritt

Well, we don't need to worry about the nature or virtue of our character, since this is the out-of-character thread  ;D

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

Paradox

Dis corner ist sweet!.

Okay so my character biography is up. I hope it is to your satisfaction. It's your turn now!

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

anon

Ons/Offs ~ Absences
Disclaimer (thanks Caeli xP): I am NOT a kitty...just...kitty-like.
"I never trust a sneaky pussy." - Paradox

Spa O o fey

Haha your characters sounds hilarious. Just waiting for everyone that we discussed this with to pop in a description or snoop around. I sent out PMs as you know. I'm thinking I"ll open it tomarrow -nods- Maybe later tonight even. We shall see the response on it : )

anon

Oh yay! And Dawg showed me how to mass PM. ;] Just separate the names of the people that you want to e-mail by a comma. That way you don't have to e-mail a huge list of people individually.
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

Spa O o fey

Wistful Dream

I am here....just finally conscious again. I'll get mine up soon.

Ezraylia

I'll be working on my character sheet tonight. Should be up before i pass out ;]
My On's and Off's
Music washes away from the soul, the dust of every day life ~Berthold Auerbach

Spa O o fey

Wooo! Dream and I are going to do some posting. I hope when Para gets home he will too.

Paradox

Speaking of Para coming home...

I'm baaaaack!

Now what was this about some posting?

Wistful Dream

Paradox

I'm running off for some delicious chocolate marble cake.

Normally I wouldn't give random status updates, but since this is supposed to be a real-time game, I figured it's appropriate to let you know of any lags that may arise.

Spa O o fey

Quote from: Paradox on October 15, 2008, 09:23:07 PM
I'm running off for some delicious chocolate marble cake.

Normally I wouldn't give random status updates, but since this is supposed to be a real-time game, I figured it's appropriate to let you know of any lags that may arise.
FAIL!

Spa O o fey

Wistful Dream

That is pure silliness. ~hugs~ We'll get regulars soon.

Wistful Dream

Hey all, sorry for not posting, currently have a migraine. Will catch up tomorrow.

maidjennifer

Okay got my character up, hope she's not too depressing for everyone.

Paradox

I think the Corner Sweets shop could cheer her up!

If not, I always love a dark, disturbed character, so either way, welcome to the game.

Wistful Dream

Paradox

Google spider      10:15:44     Viewing the topic {~*Corner Sweets*~}.

Even the Spiders like your game, Spa!

Just so you all know, I will not be able to post for a while. I have a cold, a ton of schoolwork, and a computer that may crap out any day now.

I'm afraid that Spa's character may be filing for divorce soon.  :'(

Spa O o fey

Quote from: Paradox on October 22, 2008, 09:29:19 AM
Google spider      10:15:44     Viewing the topic {~*Corner Sweets*~}.

Even the Spiders like your game, Spa!

Just so you all know, I will not be able to post for a while. I have a cold, a ton of schoolwork, and a computer that may crap out any day now.

I'm afraid that Spa's character may be filing for divorce soon.  :'(
Don't worry about it Para. Your character is safe in the basement. Don't worry about the divorce. Feel better soon.

Paradox

Thanks Spa.

If you need/want to, feel free to take control of him for a while. I'm sure you will need to that coffee machine back up and running at some point  :P

Spa O o fey

Quote from: Paradox on October 22, 2008, 09:36:25 AM
Thanks Spa.

If you need/want to, feel free to take control of him for a while. I'm sure you will need to that coffee machine back up and running at some point  :P

She'll just buy a new one eventually. Go to the Dr.

Paradox

Gregori will have it fixed before she needs to buy a new one, good lord! He might be scatterbrained at time, but he's not a procrastinator.

As for going to the doctor, it's not that bad of a cold. I just need to continue sucking down massive quantities of Vitamin C and try to rest a bit.

Spa O o fey

Quote from: Paradox on October 22, 2008, 09:54:07 AM
Gregori will have it fixed before she needs to buy a new one, good lord! He might be scatterbrained at time, but he's not a procrastinator.

As for going to the doctor, it's not that bad of a cold. I just need to continue sucking down massive quantities of Vitamin C and try to rest a bit.

Well, I don't feel comfortable taking control of his character. I'll just have her buy a new one anyway ; )
Feel better.

Kurzyk

Hello everyone sorry haven't been able to post yet but I'm finally getting caught up with everything and will today. :)

This is a really neat idea for a RP! I'm excited to visit the shop.

Silver

O/O's  Request Thread  A/A's
Now Playing: Star - ♡ Machinedrum (A$AP Ferg Remix)
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

Spa O o fey

Silver

Quote from: Spa O o fey on October 22, 2008, 11:13:51 AM
Its open anyone and everyone. :)

*nods*

Noted.

*goes back to reading more of it to come up with ideas*
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

Paradox

Silver:

If and when you come up with a character, please be sure to post a description of him/her in the Character Index.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=22511.0

Take a look at other people's entries for examples of what to include.

Spa O o fey

It's really a come as you please type of role play : )

Kurzyk

Paradox

Heh, thanks. Hopefully he'll be back in action soon enough. Thomas seems interesting. I look forward to reading more of him in the future. If I ever have time, I intend to write a character who speaks only in rhyme. Thomas' secret poet side would probably enjoy meeting him/her.

Kurzyk

Silver

Character Added.

Perhaps plain but something new to give my mind a fresh start.

Spa O o fey

Quote from: Silver on October 22, 2008, 11:41:05 AM
Character Added.

Perhaps plain but something new to give my mind a fresh start.

Welcome silver!

Silver

Paradox

Yeah, welcome!

I just noticed that almost everyone seems to be using my Character Summary format. I didn't even mean for it to become standard like that, but I'm glad it's being put to good use.

Your description was short and sweet silver, and as you said, you can always add more later!

Silver

Quote from: Paradox on October 22, 2008, 11:48:27 AM
Yeah, welcome!

I just noticed that almost everyone seems to be using my Character Summary format. I didn't even mean for it to become standard like that, but I'm glad it's being put to good use.

Your description was short and sweet silver, and as you said, you can always add more later!

Short and Sweet is good enough at certain times.. what did I just make a pun because this is "Corner Sweets"

*facepalms*

Paradox

Wistful Dream

Welcome ^^ New players yay

And Kuryzk we are going to start up the plot between Thomas and Ari today? ~is excited~

Paradox

Welcome to the game, Lilias! (if you happen to read this thread)

Lilias

Thanks, Para. And don't worry about Eva - she knows better than to file for divorce :D
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Mar 30) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Wistful Dream

Welcome Lilias ^^ If you want to plot something let me know

Silver

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Thread is interesting. Hoping to come up with an appropriate character soon.

anon

Ons/Offs ~ Absences

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Paradox

Welcome to the shop, Claudia!

I just color-coded the Character Index according to the gender of each character (red for female, blue for male). We have more than twice as many females as we have males!

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Paradox

Because of the subject matter of the game, I suppose?

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

*sigh* Also, at least in my experience, girls are more likely to RP in a thread like Corner Sweets than boys are.

Paradox

Yes, that is pretty much what I was referring to; still, we have a few males mixing it up in there. We even have a Lady playing as a male, I think!

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

That is great. I would play a male, but it is still a little hard to assume my male character when there is a thread strong in female participation.

Wistful Dream

I think we should draw the first day to a close, what does everyone else think?

anon

Ons/Offs ~ Absences

Kurzyk

Wistful Dream

Spa gave me the go ahead to make a new post for a new day.

Spa O o fey

Just fastforward a week. People can give a summary of what they have been up to.

Wistful Dream

Wistful Dream

anon

Ons/Offs ~ Absences

Paradox

Dawg

Quote from: Paradox on October 24, 2008, 01:45:26 PM
Spa: What are you editing?

How did you know she was editing?

BTW, I love that the game is garnering attention.
[tr][td]
"sEx is LikE aiR..
iTs noT reaLLy tHat imPortAnt
untiL yoU're noT geTtiNg anY.."
[/td][td]
   *******   [/td][td]
Suffering should be creative,
it should give birth to something good and lovely
 ~ Chinua Achebe
[/td][/tr][/table]

Spa O o fey

Quote from: Dawg on October 24, 2008, 01:55:56 PM
How did you know she was editing?

BTW, I love that the game is garnering attention.

Because he still stalks me.

Dawg

[tr][td]
"sEx is LikE aiR..
[/td][td]
   *******   [/td][td]
 ~ Chinua Achebe
[/td][/tr][/table]

Spa O o fey

Dawg

* Runs back in and hands Spa a box of Kleenex as well as giving her a hug *
[tr][td]
"sEx is LikE aiR..
[/td][td]
   *******   [/td][td]
 ~ Chinua Achebe
[/td][/tr][/table]

Spa O o fey

Quote from: Dawg on October 24, 2008, 02:06:59 PM
* Runs back in and hands Spa a box of Kleenex as well as giving her a hug *

You're lucky aim works now.

Wistful Dream

Wistful Dream

Wistful Dream

Okay...I'm going to take a bit of a break on posting for Sweets until Kuryzk posts again.

orangeredsun

To On and Off's by Orangeredsun

Link to Escape Without A Choice Story

Link to Tug of War Story

The only thing that the world needs more of is exaggeration. -Salvador Dali

Kurzyk

anon

Ons/Offs ~ Absences

Kurzyk

Anon! *eyes you suspiciously* What devilish magic have you whipped up?

I love it! *grins*

Wistful Dream

I think I have one more post before I'm done for the night...I have other posts to make else where.

anon

Quote from: Kurzyk on October 25, 2008, 09:01:45 PM
Anon! *eyes you suspiciously* What devilish magic have you whipped up?

I love it! *grins*
- giggles - Tom and Ari are going to get teased relentlessly. - blows the sparkles off of her finger tips - I've given Ally a bit of my matchmaking skills. ;]
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

Kurzyk

Quote from: anon on October 25, 2008, 10:33:48 PM
- giggles - Tom and Ari are going to get teased relentlessly. - blows the sparkles off of her finger tips - I've given Ally a bit of my matchmaking skills. ;]

*laughs* awesome!

I really love your character. Can hear the bells jingle every time you tilt your head. And I can so see her giggling behind the counter at the mischief!  :D

anon

<3 Happy to hear it. Heh. And I love the bells too. =3
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

Paradox

I posted in my A&A for anyone interested; to summarize, I won't be around much for a while due to continued computer problems. For now, please assume that Gregori went back to the basement to clean up after the coffee machine went haywire.

concessionis

If I'm only going to play a character once, should I still write him up on the character page?

O/O<>1-1

Spa O o fey

Quote from: concessionis on October 26, 2008, 04:41:25 PM
If I'm only going to play a character once, should I still write him up on the character page?

Nah.

Wistful Dream

I'll post a bit tonight, but dang people, nice moving along of the story. Perhaps we should start a new day again?

Aestas

Gah totally jumped in without looking, following a newbie link XD

will ry to get some sort of char thing up XD -facepalms-

anon

- grins - Ally will always try to be about...but um...if she isn't...conjure up something? - laughs -
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

Aestas

Paradox

At least you recognized your folly and quickly rectified it! Welcome to corner sweets.

orangeredsun

Just a little FYI Wistful that I'm a couple of pages back but did respond to you. :)
To On and Off's by Orangeredsun

Link to Escape Without A Choice Story

Link to Tug of War Story

The only thing that the world needs more of is exaggeration. -Salvador Dali

Spa O o fey

I think it's time to start a new day : ) Sorry if it interrupts anyone. Also sorry I haven't been around much. Been preparing for a visitor next week.

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

I agree with Spa that we should start a new day. It is pretty dead around there, especially since Cynical and I took it away from there.

Spa O o fey

I'm at work the rest of the night but I"ll be able to post either later tonight or tomarrow. I'll start a new day then.

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Priest

Before I commit some faux par.  I just want to double check that this RP is open to the unwashed and unapproved such as myself.  My fingers are getting awful itchy and my head is woolly from NaNo so I am reckoning I could do with some relaxation.  ;D

Paradox

Corner Sweets is indeed open to the unwashed masses; however, we ask that you please post a character description in the index prior to posting in the actual game thread.

The character index can be found here:

anon

Ally will be taking a short break. She inhaled too much sugar and fell into a sugar coma. And then she imploded in a burst of sugar dust.
Poor girl. I'm in the process of reassembling her right now.
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

Priest

Quote from: Paradox on November 06, 2008, 09:07:40 AM
Corner Sweets is indeed open to the unwashed masses; however, we ask that you please post a character description in the index prior to posting in the actual game thread.

The character index can be found here:

Thanks Paradox.  I have a basic character conceptulisation that I shall expand on little later this afternoon when I get the time and post in said thread. 

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

We can always use more people, I think that if Ally is okay with it, Aoi could help out with the shop while Ally is recovering.

Priest

Salutations guys.  I have put together a quick character summary and posted it in the character thread.  I have much of the weekend to myself so should be able to get some time to post.  ;D

anon

Quote from: XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx on November 06, 2008, 03:23:54 PM
We can always use more people, I think that if Ally is okay with it, Aoi could help out with the shop while Ally is recovering.
Ally's pulling double duty as it is. - grins - Aoi can help out with the serving?
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

*giggles* Of course, Aoi wouldn't mind helping out at the shop.

Priest

I was looking for a dice roller program online for my character and found one here I could access ;D

anon

Yup...right under your name there...;] Interesting character, Priest.

Leaving soon for the night..- yawns -
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

Priest

Thanks anon  ;D I am just seeing where he takes me like all my characters

I will be popping out for a couple of hours myself in a moment.  Thanks for taking the time out to RP with me; I am enjoying this. 

Night Night Anon  :)

anon

- wiggles fingers - No problem. ;] It's a pleasure.
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

anon

Out of character conversation occurs here...not within the RP please. =]
...I know, I'm bratty. xP
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

Priest

Roll Result: Priest rolled: 2d6
Comment: Evens stay home; Odds go to work
Result: 1, 6,
Total: 7

Looks like I have to work today  ::)  ;D Catch you in a few

Duchess

little confused is the  story  a fantasy with dragons and stuff??? in a candyshop?

anon

Hi there. The dragons, fairies and cat are made of sugar. =] Some of the characters are gifted. The employees of the bakery all have a touch of magic.
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

Duchess

Duchess

Duchess

:(hey guys sory i getting out of this one , it sway to fast for me..cant keep up with teh speed

anon

Ons/Offs ~ Absences

Wistful Dream

I can't either lol....at least not most days.

anon

Right...if there are no objections, I'm sorely tempted to start a new day.
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

XxUnDeAdMiStReSsXx

Go ahead and start a new day. I think that enough has happened in this day to last us a lifetime.

anon

- laughs - Well, I shot a message off to Spa. xP We'll see.
Ons/Offs ~ Absences

Paradox

Spa O o fey

That's fine, start a new day, just assume that Eva is sick with the child at the moment, I'm having some real life events going on.