Mulholland High OOC thread

Started by Valerian, November 27, 2009, 01:02:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valerian

Chat away!  The only rules are to remember that we're in a public section of the site, and not to give away anything as to roles.  Remember, the principal is watching you...

Sig image courtesy of Mithlowmen.  Three cheers for Mith!
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Amberghylles

*settles in to wait for the games to begin*

Ryven

So is this a uniformed school or a non-uniformed school? :P

Valerian

*laughs*  I was assuming non-uniformed, that being what I'm used to, but I guess that can be a topic to vote on before the game gets moving.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Mithlomwen

*sneaks in and sits down at an available desk and waits for class to start* 
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Ryven

Quote from: Valerian on November 27, 2009, 03:25:17 PM
*laughs*  I was assuming non-uniformed, that being what I'm used to, but I guess that can be a topic to vote on before the game gets moving.

Either way.  I was just playing. :P

Amberghylles

*takes a seat  in the back so hopefully he can avoid being noticed dozing off*

I was thinking classic suburban high school setting myself.

Elandra

I was too, one without uniforms.

*starts looking around for the muffin man.*
~~~ ONs & OFFs ~~~ Requests ~~~

Remiel

Seeing as how the roles haven't been assigned yet, this is the perfect time to create my Mulholland High persona.

I shall be Stud Beefcake, the testosterone-fueled, cerebrally-challenged quarterback of the Mulholland varsity football team.

"Yeah! We're going to go out there, and, um, totally give 110%.  We're going to bring it! We're going to bring it ALL UP IN YOUR FACE! WOOOOOO! YEAH! GO MULHOLLAND!"

Ryven

*Sets up a stand in the hallway during study hall to peddle his delicious treats* ::)

Kurzyk

*leans against the back wall of the school building puffin' a cig and strummin' the guitar.*

Marguerite

*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Valerian

*bell rings*

And class is now in session.  Everyone should have their PM detailing their role.  If anyone has any questions, post them here or drop me a PM.  Now it's time to start the voting for Class President.  :)
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Caeli

So... why throw in a Brood Alien this time, Val? :D It seems like such an interesting addition, but to me it seems like the aliens might have an advantage O.o
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Valerian

Well, the numbers aren't exactly with the aliens, given that there are seven students this time around, plus the Hall Monitor, Peer Counselor, and my other new addition of Lab Geek.  So yes, the Brood Alien does give them a bit of an edge, but it seems like the Lab Geek, plus the number of students, should keep things even.

It was because of The Faculty movie that I added the Brood Alien in the first place -- the film has the alien leader disguised as a student, spying on the others as they try to fight off the aliens, and that leader could take over people.  Since it was so similar to the Alpha from the werewolf version, it seemed natural to try it out here.  :)
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Kurzyk

Quote from: Caeli on December 01, 2009, 08:55:30 AM
So... why throw in a Brood Alien this time, Val? :D It seems like such an interesting addition, but to me it seems like the aliens might have an advantage O.o

7 students in addition to 3 of them having extra abilities vs 3 pods with 1 ability, the advantage is definetly with the students.

Valerian

Well, it shouldn't be too skewed in the students' favor, I hope -- according to the usual ratio for the game, a 12-player game should have 4 Mafia.  We have 14 players and 4 aliens, but that 12-4 rule doesn't take a brood alien into account.  It's very possible that soon we'll have 5 aliens and 14 players, which would give the aliens a definite advantage, at least as far as numbers go.

The Brood Alien/Alpha rule creates some extra uncertainty for the students/villagers as well, which can help with the paranoia factor.  Heh.  But some of it always comes down to sheer luck.  :)

If anyone's curious, the general rules for the game suggest the following:

3 players  - 1 Mafia
6 players  - 2 Mafia
9 players  - 3 Mafia
12 players - 4 Mafia
15 players - 5 Mafia

But adding any special role really shakes up the odds, and I don't have the necessary math skills to work all that out.  Heh.  Hopefully this shouldn't be too weighted in either direction, though.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Caeli

Normal mafia games generally have the same 'good guy' roles, but played in real life, the civilians have a distinct advantage because you can use a combination of body language and voice/words/other subtle things to pick out who the mafia members are. In forum Mafia, without body language, eye contact, vocal persuasion, and lack of real-time, it's much more evened out.

Plus, the Brood Alien has such a cool power. >_>;

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Doomsday

Well technically any of the faculty aliens could convert other people :P

Valerian

Quote from: Deadly December Doomsday on December 02, 2009, 12:07:41 PM
Well technically any of the faculty aliens could convert other people :P
Oh, shush.  Heh.

Anyway, I'm tweaking things just a touch -- today will be a non-lynch day, so everyone can just play around with their high-school roles if you like.  This coming night, the hall monitor can protect someone, the aliens can try to eliminate someone, and the peer counselor can peer.  ;)  So if those people could get me their choices via PM as soon as they can, that would be excellent.

And everybody have fun!  Which should be easier when you don't have to worry about getting lynched, at least for now...
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Caeli

You know, I always say it when we play Mafia games in RL, but...

It always sucks to be the first lynched. >_>

But yes, have fun. :-) I look forward to seeing who wins this round...

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Izu

Quote from: Caeli on December 04, 2009, 12:59:32 PM
It always sucks to be the first lynched. >_>

Why do I hear the words 'gang bang' ringing in my ears after reading this post?  ::)

ONs and OFFs || M/M Search || Izu's A&A
...Like reflections on the page, the world's what you create...

Amberghylles

Well, somebody's got to get the idea of lynching started so I'm taking up the role of crazy paranoid guy.

Mithlomwen

Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

sinera

They like me! They really like me!... er... well. Anyway. LOL

At least now I don't have to deal with the guilt of lynching the wrong people :D
O/O | A/A | My Intro | Fairytale Requests
Apparently some people don't read my O/O before adding me on MSN/Y! - so I'll say it here: IF YOU DON'T TELL ME YOU'RE FROM E, I WILL NOT ACCEPT BUDDY REQUESTS. Please read my O/O before PMing me with ideas, thanks.
Best IRC cybersex come-on line EVER: "I see you're an erotica writer...So, do you ever do any realtime collaborations?"