Pathfinder Kingdom Building (interest check)

Started by Autocad, July 04, 2016, 08:16:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaer Darkwail

Background
Danish Copper was born twenty years ago to kitsune parents, he has very early memories of loving embrace of mother and voice of his father. But something happened when he was young, around four years old, where he ran with parents but he lost grip on mother and he fell into river. Almost drowing but he succeed manage get into shore. He called, cried and shouted for mother, but no one came for him expect a curious old woman who lived in shack near a human village. The woman saw he was kitsune but also a child, so kindly old woman who never had child of her own took him in. Giving him human name; Danish and woman was Elya Copper. She was very old but he took care of Danish despite how poor she was, all alone, no relatives and making by raising gnarly rooted potatoes. Danish suffered his second loss when she died on fever in one winter when he was ten years old, had learned disguise himself early on as human and in that moment he grew his second tail in his sorrow.

Since then he has been wanderer, orphan, beggar and much more. He listened tales of bards and thanks his magical heritage he catched on bardic magic easily by mimicking what other bards did do on a stage. He became then a wandering merchant, quick on tongue and deft in skill on negotiations. But he none the less did not forget inspiring tales he heard in his growing youth about sword lords, magnificent displays of bravado, romances, sword duels of legends...he dreamed of that. Then he heard a group going to borderlands to reclaim it for themselves, smelling a adventure he joined them. At first disguised as human and keeping heritage a secret, but then revealing it on accident and finding acceptance amongst his new friends who defeated stag gang and bandits and then got deed for the lands and some resources to use and manage.

Albeit Danish could cover various roles, he decided to be person who concentrates on communication between council members and towards to the people, be the face of the council when they decide on their projects and get people support and work on them eagerly to expand and grow the kingdom their creating. As he understands the common folks very best (he after all had used this intuitive knowlegde to make many great deals).

Callie Del Noire

I think I'll bow out. Already looks to be full.

Have fun..

Jaded

Hrm.  I am struggling a bit with my character's background, and if Warden/General is combined and Soveliss is going Witch as well, I may switch classes (yet again).  Sorry for the delay.  A Barbarian could be interesting. 

National Acrobat

I've sent my sheet via pm for review/approval.

Chulanowa

Been a little stuck on what I want to play. Will work on it this evening

Autocad

Thank you to all the people who have submitted character sheets so far. I'm going to cap this at 8 players which is how many we potentially have right now.

Let's try to get all the character sheets done by Friday so I can start up on the weekend, yeah?

Ruler: Tamhansen (sheet submitted)
Councilor: Zaer Darkwail (sheet submitted)
Grand Diplomat: Chulanowa
Field Marshal (combined Marshal and General in charge of border patrols and militia): Jaded
Spymaster: Chaeronea
Treasurer: Soveliss
Commander of the Watch (combined Warden and Royal Enforcer in charge of city watches): National Acrobat (sheet submitted)
High Priest: NPC
Magister: Dilaculo?

Soveliss

Autocad, did you get my spell list I send you by PM? If you got it, all I need is one last feat (maybe Craft Wondrous Items), and an equipment list (favored class bonuses will go toward HP. :-) )
Winning against depression is possible, I know it, I've done it! I had help, sure, and couldn't have done it without help, but I still won!

"Work together as a team
Download douchey hats on Steam"
                                                        Brentalfloss

Starting an IC on E forums OOC on Discord experiment. If you're okay with discussing plot details and exchanging status updates on Discord while keeping RPs on Elliquiy's forums, you can ask me for my Discord ID.

Chulanowa

I'll have it togetehr tomorrow - had some long work days and splitting headaches of late, so, not a lot of time to sit and throw together numbers.

Autocad

Chulanowa

Hey, sorry for the delay, this weekend was a mess, then work. If ya still got space, my thing will be good to go this evening (for reals!)

...He said, before pulling a 14-hour shift and crashing the moment he got home. There'll be time after breakfast. Ungh.

Autocad

Quote from: Chulanowa on July 19, 2016, 04:03:48 PM
Hey, sorry for the delay, this weekend was a mess, then work. If ya still got space, my thing will be good to go this evening (for reals!)

...He said, before pulling a 14-hour shift and crashing the moment he got home. There'll be time after breakfast. Ungh.

It happens to the best of us.  :P

Meanwhile, I aim to get the IC thread up by this weekend...

Chulanowa

Name: Mariel Lindshae
Race: Elf
Class: Investigator (Majordomo archetype)
Level: 4
Role: Grand Diplomat

Background
   Mariel is nobility... technically. The Lindshaes are a vassal family to a vassal family, with just enough of a hint of royal blood to keep them in the social circles, but not enough to garner any renown, or to cause much intrigue. No, save that for those they serve. Such as the Valmenor.

Mariel knows all about the Valmenor family. It's hard not to, when she's spent more time around them than her actual family. When she was still a young girl, Mariel was sworn to serve the female scion of House Valmenor as handmaiden. Tanelia Valmenor was everything a noble elf ought to be; well-schooled, trained in blade and bow, shrewd and diplomatic at the same time, yet still kind and playful among close company. Though the rules of court kept a certain number of walls between them, Mariel was Tanelia's confidant, playmate, and companion. When Tanelia took it in her head to leave the comforts of the palace to seek adventure and experience in the greater world, it was only natural that Mariel accompany her.

This is how the two of them, a young cleric of Desna and her lady-in-waiting, met the companions. Mariel settled into the role of squire and assistant, and often found herself in a position to council and smooth over strife between the others; weeks in the wilderness can grate on even the best, after all. She never really thought of herself as part of the company - it was Tanelia who had signed the contract, after all, and taken up the quest.

And it was Tanelia who took a bandit's arrow through the eye in their second month on the mission. Just like that, a brigand, barely a man himself, had taken away centuries of life in an instant with little more than a sharp stick. Just that quickly, a woman who had been the center of Mariel's life was removed forever. For days, she was numb with the horror of it, before another realization came to her; She was still alive, and the people around her - her new friends - still needed her help. More now than ever. It was with a sense of obligation and vengeance that Mariel took to the task of clearing the borderlands of hte bandit menace.

Now, the lot of them stand on the verge of nobility in right as well as name. This is a new, strange position for Mariel of House Lindshae. She's been a servant all of her decades of life, living in the shadow of those above her; even if she had the skills, she has no desire to rule. But when asked to serve, to put her "people-skills" to work... well, she couldn't refuse.

Chulanowa

So... I finished (Basically; need to fill out skills and gear, and choose a picture) but the character is essentially done. Sorry for taking forever and a day.

Autocad

Don't worry about it... you're conveniently covering up that I'm taking forever and two (or three  :P) days to start. But yesh, I don't die when I am killed am still alive.

Tamhansen

ons and offs

They left their home of summer ease
Beneath the lowland's sheltering trees,
To seek, by ways unknown to all,
The promise of the waterfall.