News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

5th Ed Adventure

Started by Lyku, November 03, 2015, 01:21:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chulanowa

Working on what is either a rogue or a ranger, myself (leaning rogue at the moment, becuase, well, I'm always the rogue  8-) Someone has to eat the traps-to-the-face)

AndyZ

Guess I missed my chance ;_; ah well.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Chulanowa

Piper Copperpott
Name: Piper "Sticks" Copperpott
Race: Lightfoot Halfling
Class: Rogue
Background: Charlatan
Alignment: Chaotic neutral

Hit Points: 9/9
Armor Class: 14
Passive Perception: 14
Initiative: +3
Speed: 25'

Abilities
Strength: 8 (-1)
Dexterity: 17 (+3)
Constitution: 13 (+1)
Intelligence: 14 (+2)
Wisdom: 10 (+0)
Charisma: 16 (+3)

Proficiencies (+2)
Skills:
   • Sleight of Hand (+5)
   • Stealth (+5)
   • Insight (+2)
   • Perception (+4) [Doubled proficiency via Expertise]
   • Deception (+5)
   • Persuasion (+5)
Saving Throws:
   • Dexterity (+5)
   • Intelligence (+4)
Equipment
   • Light Armor
   • Simple weapons, hand crossbows, longswords, rapiers, shortswords
   • Thieves' Tools
   • Disguise Kit
   • Forgery Kit
Languages: Common, Halfling, Thieves' cant

Features and Traits
Race
• Ability Scores: +2 Dexterity, +1 Charisma
• Size: Small
• Speed: 25'
• Lucky: When you roll a 1 on an attack, ability check, or saving throw, you can re-roll the die and must use the new roll.
• Brave; You have advantage on saving throws against being frightened.
• Halfling Nimbleness: You can move through the space of any creature that is a size larger than yours.
• Naturally Stealthy: You can attempt to hide even when you are obscured only by a creature that is at least one size larger than you.
Class
Expertise: At 1st level, choose two of your skill proficiencies, or one of your skill proficiencies and your proficiency with thieves' tools. Your proficiency bonus is doubled for any ability check that uses either of the chosen proficiencies.
   At 6th level, you can choose two more of your proficiencies (in skills or with thieves' tools) to gain this benefit.

Sneak Attack: Beginning at 1st level, you know how to strike subtly and exploit a foe's distraction. Once per turn, you can deal an extra 1d6 damage to one creature you hit with an attack if you have advantage on the attack roll. The attack must use a finesse or ranged weapon.
   You don't need advantage on the attack roll if another enemy of the target is within 5 feet of it, that enemy isn't incapacitated, and you don't have disadvantage on the attack roll.
   The amount of the extra damage increases as you gain levels, as show in the Sneak Attack column of the Rogue table.

Thieves' Cant: During your rogue training you learned Thieves' cant, a secret mix of dialect, jargon, and code that allows you to hide messages in seemingly normal conversation. Only another creature that knows thieves' cant understands such messages. it takes four times longer to convey such a message than it does to speak the same idea plainly.
   In addition, you understand a st of secret signs and symbols used to convey short, simple messages, such as whether an area is dangerous or the territory of a thieves' guild, whether loot is nearby, or whether the people in the area are easy marks or will provide a safe house for thieves on the run.
Background
Personality Trait:
• Flattery is my preferred trick for getting what I want.
• I have a joke for every occasion, especially occasions where humor is inappropriate.
Ideal:
• Material goods come and go. Bonds of friendship last forever.
Bond:
• I fleeced the wrong person and must work to ensure that this individual never crosses paths with me or those I care about.
Flaw:
• I'm always in debt. I spend my ill-gotten gains on decadent luxuries faster than I bring them in. I also can't resist a pretty face.

False identity: You have created a second identity that includes documentation, established acquaintances, and disguises that allow you to assume that persona. Additionally, you can forge documents including official papers and personal letters, as long as you have seen an example of the kind of document or the handwriting you are trying to copy.

Gear
Rapier (+5 | Finesse | 1d8+3)
Shortbow (+5 | (80 / 320) | 1d6+3)
Dagger x2 (+5 | Finesse, Light, (20/60) | 1d4+3)
Leather armor
Quiver w/ 20 arrows
Thieves' tools
Disguise kit
Fine clothes
belt pouch with 15 GP
Burglar's pack
• a backpack
• a bag of 1,000 ball bearings
• 10' of string
• a bell
• candles (5)
• a crowbar
• hammer
• pitons (10)
• a hooded lantern and 2 flasks of oil
• five day's rations and waterskin
• tinderbox
• 50' of hemp rope.

Lyku

It's never a bad thing to have a second rogue.  Something about smooth criminals.  I will leave it up to you if want to make a rogue or will allow you to make something else.  However, at this point, this group is locked down.  If you are interested in a wanting to be in group two, feel free to continue posting here.

I will confirm sheets in a bit.  Bear with me.
Every great dream begins with a dreamer.  Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.  – Harriet Tubman

RubySlippers

Ranged combat is now an option - hee hee.

Zatoichi hurled his sword killing a ronin, so Shuriken should work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYaXwv1peeQ

Fantasy monks with mystical powers should be at least this good once a bit more seasoned.

AndyZ

Group two sounds great to me ^_^
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Lyku

Andy, you have the option to join in group one if you'd like.  I am allowing you as the final player as I made my post after you showed interest.  If you'd like to wait until a group two forms, that is fine also.
Every great dream begins with a dreamer.  Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.  – Harriet Tubman

Lyku

Quote from: Chulanowa on November 04, 2015, 04:38:09 AM
Piper Copperpott
Name: Piper "Sticks" Copperpott
Race: Lightfoot Halfling
Class: Rogue
Background: Charlatan
Alignment: Chaotic neutral

Hit Points: 9/9
Armor Class: 14
Passive Perception: 14
Initiative: +3
Speed: 25'

Abilities
Strength: 8 (-1)
Dexterity: 17 (+3)
Constitution: 13 (+1)
Intelligence: 14 (+2)
Wisdom: 10 (+0)
Charisma: 16 (+3)

Proficiencies (+2)
Skills:
   • Sleight of Hand (+5)
   • Stealth (+5)
   • Insight (+2)
   • Perception (+4) [Doubled proficiency via Expertise]
   • Deception (+5)
   • Persuasion (+5)
Saving Throws:
   • Dexterity (+5)
   • Intelligence (+4)
Equipment
   • Light Armor
   • Simple weapons, hand crossbows, longswords, rapiers, shortswords
   • Thieves' Tools
   • Disguise Kit
   • Forgery Kit
Languages: Common, Halfling, Thieves' cant

Features and Traits
Race
• Ability Scores: +2 Dexterity, +1 Charisma
• Size: Small
• Speed: 25'
• Lucky: When you roll a 1 on an attack, ability check, or saving throw, you can re-roll the die and must use the new roll.
• Brave; You have advantage on saving throws against being frightened.
• Halfling Nimbleness: You can move through the space of any creature that is a size larger than yours.
• Naturally Stealthy: You can attempt to hide even when you are obscured only by a creature that is at least one size larger than you.
Class
Expertise: At 1st level, choose two of your skill proficiencies, or one of your skill proficiencies and your proficiency with thieves' tools. Your proficiency bonus is doubled for any ability check that uses either of the chosen proficiencies.
   At 6th level, you can choose two more of your proficiencies (in skills or with thieves' tools) to gain this benefit.

Sneak Attack: Beginning at 1st level, you know how to strike subtly and exploit a foe's distraction. Once per turn, you can deal an extra 1d6 damage to one creature you hit with an attack if you have advantage on the attack roll. The attack must use a finesse or ranged weapon.
   You don't need advantage on the attack roll if another enemy of the target is within 5 feet of it, that enemy isn't incapacitated, and you don't have disadvantage on the attack roll.
   The amount of the extra damage increases as you gain levels, as show in the Sneak Attack column of the Rogue table.

Thieves' Cant: During your rogue training you learned Thieves' cant, a secret mix of dialect, jargon, and code that allows you to hide messages in seemingly normal conversation. Only another creature that knows thieves' cant understands such messages. it takes four times longer to convey such a message than it does to speak the same idea plainly.
   In addition, you understand a st of secret signs and symbols used to convey short, simple messages, such as whether an area is dangerous or the territory of a thieves' guild, whether loot is nearby, or whether the people in the area are easy marks or will provide a safe house for thieves on the run.
Background
Personality Trait:
• Flattery is my preferred trick for getting what I want.
• I have a joke for every occasion, especially occasions where humor is inappropriate.
Ideal:
• Material goods come and go. Bonds of friendship last forever.
Bond:
• I fleeced the wrong person and must work to ensure that this individual never crosses paths with me or those I care about.
Flaw:
• I'm always in debt. I spend my ill-gotten gains on decadent luxuries faster than I bring them in. I also can't resist a pretty face.

False identity: You have created a second identity that includes documentation, established acquaintances, and disguises that allow you to assume that persona. Additionally, you can forge documents including official papers and personal letters, as long as you have seen an example of the kind of document or the handwriting you are trying to copy.

Gear
Rapier (+5 | Finesse | 1d8+3)
Shortbow (+5 | (80 / 320) | 1d6+3)
Dagger x2 (+5 | Finesse, Light, (20/60) | 1d4+3)
Leather armor
Quiver w/ 20 arrows
Thieves' tools
Disguise kit
Fine clothes
belt pouch with 15 GP
Burglar's pack
• a backpack
• a bag of 1,000 ball bearings
• 10' of string
• a bell
• candles (5)
• a crowbar
• hammer
• pitons (10)
• a hooded lantern and 2 flasks of oil
• five day's rations and waterskin
• tinderbox
• 50' of hemp rope.
Sheet looks fine and approved.  One thing, I am seeing that you are doubling with Expertise for your Perception.  Expertise lets you double two things.  Are you doubling proficiency on another skills also or on your thieves' kit?

Lyku

Approved

Lysette Mearth - Wood Elf Fighter - Played by Faeli
Miri Evenwood - Human WiZard - Played by Ampere
Zatoichi - Human Monk - Played by Ruby Slippers
Immeral Xiloscient - Elven Cleric - Played by HopeFox
Piper Copperpott - Halfling Rogue - Played by Chulanowa

Post will be up some time today for introduction.

Chulanowa

Quote from: Lyku on November 04, 2015, 12:14:43 PM
Sheet looks fine and approved.  One thing, I am seeing that you are doubling with Expertise for your Perception.  Expertise lets you double two things.  Are you doubling proficiency on another skills also or on your thieves' kit?

I had actually been undecided, and forgot about it  :-) The second expertise boost should apply to Thieves' tools, yeah

RubySlippers

Will need to flush out some things her contact will be a monk criminal head of some mercenary muscle group for organized crime, LN generally, and not overtly powerful but connected to various factions.

Other than that she will be good to go.

Lyku

We'll have a bit to work on them.  They will be useful, but we can iron them out.

Lyku

HopeFox

Cool start!

So we were transported here while we were awake but alone? I take it that means we had all of our gear on us?

We should set up an OOC thread, too, rather than having discussions in the Group Requests forum.
If you're such an iconoclast, where were you when we trashed Constantinople?

Lyku

Consider yourself all geared and even though it feels later in the day, consider yourself rested as if it was a fresh day with the effects of a long rest.  I'm not that much of a dick.

As for Gods, though this world is homebrewed, consider the world worshipping the gods you would find in Faerun, but with the underlying reality that the world has evolved and there is talk that the world once worshipped seperate Deities that turned their back on the world.  The deities of Faerun have adopted this world, some believe out of pity, but their presence is quite established.

OOC Chat added.  Will add link when I have access to a PC and thus the ability to copy and paste the link.  It can be located in the same area under "Inside the Seal - OOC"

Lyku

Rune

I would be interested in joining but would like some info on the plor first.

Lyku

I appreciate the interest.  The overarching purpose of the plot is not something I am revealing, largely as I dislike people making specific characters for specific campaigns.  I want people to make characters they want to play, not ones optimized for a plot.

At this point in time, this campaign is locked.  It may open up to a second group and I will post details on that when and if that happens.

Thank you for your interest. :)