Of Fire,Water,Earth&Air(Extreme-LGBTQ friendly,POSSIBLE RE-DO!Interest check)

Started by bubby, October 14, 2013, 03:14:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

persephone325

This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Lady Lunarius

LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Black Howling

bubby

knightsdestiny

I've been eyeballing this thread now for a few days and the many many posts... lol

Are there characters still needed for this? If so what's still needed if the list on the starting post is out of date?

ladia2287

I'm pretty sure the starting post is up to date. As far as I can tell this is what we still need

1 Earth element Mentor
1 Queen's Hunter
3 Rebel Hunters

Plus basic characters for either side. Best to PM Bubby with your character idea and see what she thinks :)

knightsdestiny

Evil or not evil. ;)

Thanks Ladia. I was eyeballing one of the Elemental Mentors. I'll give her a shout.

Black Howling

Quote from: knightsdestiny on October 27, 2013, 02:43:28 AM
Evil or not evil. ;)

Thanks Ladia. I was eyeballing one of the Elemental Mentors. I'll give her a shout.

We need mentors for all but fire and air from what I know. So feel free to send the character! ;D

ladia2287

Quote from: Black Howling on October 27, 2013, 03:07:04 AM
We need mentors for all but fire and air from what I know. So feel free to send the character! ;D

We have existing mentors for Fire, Air and Water according to the first post

Black Howling

Quote from: ladia2287 on October 27, 2013, 03:08:52 AM
We have existing mentors for Fire, Air and Water according to the first post

You're right...

Exclude water from my mention.... LOL

Starlequin

Got mah boy back on the lists, at last! Umff!

Personal Information:

Name: Roman Cooper (AKA Roman Caldera)
Affiliation Rebels

Personality: Roman is perhaps the laziest, most care-free fellow in all of Glavnon. He rarely takes anything very seriously and is capable of falling asleep under virtually any conditions (he knows this because he's tested most of them). He's reckless, lecherous, and has a tendency to complain when he's uncomfortable, and almost no one understands how a man like him ever managed to become one of the leaders of the Rebellion. But then they talk with him, or fight with him, or go on some ridiculously convoluted and borderline suicidal mission with him, and discover that Roman Cooper is also one of the bravest, most reliable men in the realm.

When he's sober.

Biography: Roman Caldera had an easier childhood than most. He was born into a family of nobility whose allegiance to the Queen was unquestioned, and for much of his young life he had no idea of what went on in the villages outside his sheltered world. And honestly, he wouldn't have given much of a damn if he had. In those younger years Roman was a great deal more selfish, and more than once he put his own well-being and the honor of his family name ahead of the good of others. But just because a man is raised to be heartless doesn't mean he won't find some sliver of good in himself on his own.

One day while accompanying his father to inspect some of the family's holdings on the border of their territory, an incident with a small band of knights and a merchant's caravan showed Roman the sort of oppression that people suffered under the Queen's rule. Upon returning home, Roman packed a bag and snuck out of the manor during the night, forsook his family name and struck out on his own, intent on learning whether things were really so horrible throughout the whole of the queendom -- and whether he was capable of doing anything about it.

Now Roman Cooper, he's learned the answer to the first question. Things are indeed horrible everywhere, and the situation only grows worse by the day. The Queen bleeds the lands with her accursed magic, and bleeds the people with her reign of taxes and terror. Roman understands why his family has remained loyal to Xenoa, but after what he's seen during his seven years of travel, he no longer can. The answer to the second question became apparent when Roman fell in with the Rebellion, rising through the ranks until his fellow Rebels began looking to him for leadership.

In an effort to keep himself as close as possible to the affluent standard of living to which he's accustomed, Roman has taken up gambling, usually in card or dice games, as a sort of hobby/profession. He's proven to be surpisingly good at it, often winning large sums of money from merchants or fellow nobles too stupid to hold onto their coin. However, the thrill of the game does have a tendency to override Roman's common sense, and he's developed a rather powerful addiction to the sport. As a result, Roman almost never turns down a wager, no matter the stakes: money...time...his life...

Appearance:

Combat Information:

Weapon(s):
Twin long-bladed daggers
Several small darts and throwing knives
Smoke Bombs
Rapier and Longstaff (Roman doesn't usually carry these weapons, but he's capable with them and can equip them before going on missions)

Ability/Skill(s): (Abilities applies to Elementals)
Archery
Horsemanship
Pickpocketing
Gambling
Violin

Strengths: Roman is the epitome of 'unpredictable.' Realizing the stakes of a battle are usually life and death, he almost never fights fair and cheats at every opportunity. He has a talent for gauging the most efficient means to escalate dangerous situations into complete chaos, then capitalizing on the resulting opportunities for victory or escape, whichever objective is more prudent. Roman is also very charming, and is known for his rousing and inspiring speeches. More than one Rebel has credited Roman Cooper as the reason they found the courage to throw off the yoke of the Queen and join the Rebellion.

Weaknesses: Unfortunately, Roman is also rather impulsive and impatient. Although he's too smart to let anyone else goad him into falling for obvious traps, he's more than once talked himself into dangerous situations that could easily have been avoided with a little more foresight. As well, his proclivity for gambling and losing more than he can afford has gotten him in trouble more than once (though to be fair, it's also gotten him out).

Sexual Information:

Sexual Nature: Bend over and let's see what you've got!

Turn Ons & Offs: TBDL

Other Information: Since joining the Rebellion, Roman has become good friends with Reynik Baylin. The two have worked on several key missions to disrupt the Queen's forces and are quite effective together, despite bickering and arguing almost constantly.
You live for the fight when it's all that you've got.

bubby

Oh Roman.. how you've been missed! Of course he's accepted Star, toss him into the Character thread!

knightsdestiny, a PM has been sent to you, confirming that indeed Earth is the only Mentor left. Thanks everyone for answering her question!

What to do today: Make up the OOC with added pertinent links, and ponder the IC threads, as I believe we're good to go to actually begin...

bubby

VOTE TIME AGAIN

How would everyone like the IC threads to be set up? One thread, or several separated into the different regions? There will be a post header template made soon, so even if there are separate threads, people and places can be tagged.

Bloodied Porcelain

I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

Thorne

Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

Cyrano Johnson

Artichoke the gorilla halibut! Freedom! Remember Bubba the Love Sponge!

Cyrano Johnson's ONs & OFFs
Cyrano Johnson's Apologies & Absences

PrestaDGTation

At first, separate regions seems like a good idea.  But then you think about people moving between regions and it get's weird, ne.

I'd vote for one.  We can tag or put a pic or color code our whereabouts r' somethin'.
"I see. Hell is populated entirely by Theater Majors." - Majabya, while watching Hazbin Hotel.

Rave

Quote from: PrestaDGTation on October 27, 2013, 04:37:47 PM

I'd vote for one.  We can tag or put a pic or color code our whereabouts r' somethin'.

This. It's usually a little section over each post with the character's picture, affiliation, who they're speaking to, and where they are. I'm sure you're all familiar with what I'm talking about.
I think that'd work best.

azzmeister89

One thread seems best as people said. We can always tag locations and who were are with to avoid confusion

Thorne

I have a template for one of those tag thingies, which I would post, if I was a little more BBcode-savvy. >.>
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

Bloodied Porcelain

With picture:

[float=left][img height=200 padding=5][/img][/float][b]Name[/b]:
[b]Affiliation[/b]:
[b]Location[/b]:
[b]Tagging[/b]:

[hr]

Without Picture:

[b]Name[/b]:
[b]Affiliation[/b]:
[b]Location[/b]:
[b]Tagging[/b]:
[hr]
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

bubby

Awesome. We have a winner! One thread it is. I'll be making up both the OOC ( which will include a template for the Header I choose as well as character and IC thread links) and the IC here within the next few hours,  Keep an eye out!  ;D

Wajin

Still recruiting? if so I think I'd like to reuse a character I used for this very roleplay over a year ago, though with allegiances shifted to the queens evil deliciousness :D
I have taken the Oath of the Drake
"--But every sin...is punished, but punished by death, no matter the crime. No matter the scale of the sin. The people of the city live in silence, lest a single word earn them death for speaking out against you."

"Yes. Listen. Listen to the sound of raw silence. Is it not serene?"

bubby

Quote from: A Japanese Dane on October 27, 2013, 05:01:45 PM
Still recruiting? if so I think I'd like to reuse a character I used for this very roleplay over a year ago, though with allegiances shifted to the queens evil deliciousness :D

DANE! *Hug* Would love you have you again darlin'! Come on down!!

bubby