Soul Society: Life of the Shinigami (Still open for recruitment!)

Started by BruceTheCat, February 14, 2014, 11:01:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KnightNelson20

By the way Wolfy I love her! She will be fun with Kira, on of her weaknesses is kitties!

Wolfy

Oh trust me...the cat-girl form was definitely a calculated thing...;3

KnightNelson20

Player: KnightNelson
Name: Mina
Division: 11
Appearance:
Mina <3

Strengths:
Abundent Raitsu: For Mina's size her power is humongous.
Cute: Mina's cute charm makes all fall and obey! teehee.
Helpful: Mina's still learning but loves to help
Playful: Everyone has fun when Mina's around.

Weaknesses:
Short Temper Mina gets angry when things are not going well. And her power flares out of control at times.
Too Much Power: Mina can not fully control her power. Often unleashing it all in one burst
Loud: Everyone hears her coming!
Inexperienced: Mina still has a lot to learn. Good thing she has her onii san Captain Corin

Zanpakutō: (pictured in appearance)
Name: Riven
Shikai Due to Mina's power, and lack of control over it, her shikai is always active. Riven is a large sword nd packs a huge explosion after impact. When Mina sends her raitsu into Riven it burst out the back in two strems which lift Minas small body into the air. Mina has grown quite used to flying and likes it. Corin often scolds her into walking. But thats not nearly as much fun.
BankaiNot yet discovered.

History: Mina was found wandering the sereitei one evening by Corin himself. She had been crying and he didn't know why but he couldn't leave her there. He took her with him and decided to look into where she came from but information on her was sealed. Even his rank as Captain not high enough to be allowed to view. But more important, what would he do with her?

As she stayed and watch Corin train the members of the 11th division Mina's interest grew. She always thought they were playing as they were so happy to be fighting. One day Mina drew a Zanpakuto and it changed almost instantly in her hand. Her power erupted so strongly that Corin himself jumped over to take the sword from her. But even after it left her hands it remained its form. Mina upset wanting to play began to throw a tantrum causing her power to jump surprisingly high. Corin quickly gave Mina the sword and with a smile Mina's pressure seemed to drop to reasonable levels.

After that day Corin decided to keep her close and train her properly. As well as continuing to look into her origin and the source of her power. And Mina rarely goes with anyone other than Corin. She's grown quite attached.

BruceTheCat

“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

Chaosfox

I have some interests in this  I would have to do some brush up on certain things (terms and such) but I have a couple ideas rolling around in my head. I'll start work on a character sheet and have it up by monday  for sure.  This looks like it could be a lot of fun.
There is no Order only Chaos and all the joys that it brings. 
This way too On's and Off's

BruceTheCat

Sounds good Chaos! I will PM you later with some details on what's happened in the game so far. If you want, feel free to read through the in character thread.
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

Chaosfox

I read through it for the most part already IT is why I have Ideas  rolling around my head I was planning on taking on of the lieutenant spots for one of the the three squads  that have a captain but no lieutenant.
There is no Order only Chaos and all the joys that it brings. 
This way too On's and Off's

BruceTheCat

A spot for the 11th Division Captain, and Lieutenant is now open for recruitment!
- scribus1000

SheerFantasia

Hello to everyone!  I'm a huge fan of Bleach and would I'd like to submit a captain for consideration.  If you think it needs modification, just let me know!

Player: SheerFantasia
Name: Uesugi Kyoshiro
Division: 11th Division
Catchphrase: "Have you ever looked into the jaws of death?  Have you really?  No?  Then let me show it to you:  Bankai."

Appearance:
Uesugi Kyoshiro
Give him longer shoulder-length hair.  Closest I can find for now.

Strengths:
Lack of Reiatsu: More accurately, Kyoshiro doesn't have reiatsu in any capacity (not even on a human-level, in terms of reiatsu he may as well be rock or some other inanimate object) and can't be detected by those who sense the reiatsu of another being.  Despite this, his physical power alone is just above that of a vice-captain.
World Avatar: Though this captain doesn't possess any reiatsu of his own, he can draw in the reiatsu from the surrounding environment (though not another being/person) to make it his own, giving him access to potentially immense amounts when in spirit-rich environments like Soul Society.
High-Speed Regeneration: Uesugi Kyoshiro can regenerate his wounds at accelerated rates, closing scratches and cuts within instants, and deeper wounds or lost extremities within a minute or three.  Though it is not a reiatsu based ability, the more reiatsu he has built up, the faster it happens.
Pleasant Manner/Scary Undertones: Think Unohana from the canon Bleach, save that his scary/intimidating moments are unintentional rather than calculated.
Multi-Proficiency: In an effort not to use his own Zanpakutō, Kyoshiro has diversified over a range of different disciplines, from Kido, to Hakuda.  Though he cannot even begin to claim mastery in them, he can combine them efficiently and put them to deadly effect, giving effect to the old addage 'the sum of the whole is greater than the sum of the individual parts'.
Tactical Expertise/Mastery: Kyoshiro excels at setting up his foes for ambushes, surprise attacks, as well as reading the flow of battle; able to plan several steps ahead of others, thus making the 11th division some of the most effective and successful troops, and keeping ahead of most of his opponents when he engages personally.  He excels at it mainly due to the necessity of needing to buy time to build up his reiatsu and his position as captain of the Fighting Division.
Zanjutsu Mastery: Uesugi Kyoshiro was once considered on the most able swordfighters of the divisions, and though his skills have declined somewhat since he went into self-imposed exile, he is still amongst the most formidable.

Weaknesses:
Lack of Reiatsu: Though he has access to potentially dizzying amounts of reiatsu, it takes quite some time for him to build it up, making him quite vulnerable at the start of any fight (high level ones at least).  Moreover he can't build up any reiatsu at all if his emotions are getting the better of him, nor can he 'store' reiatsu for battle since he can only hold any reiatsu he has gathered for a few minutes at a time.  Under normal circumstances he's only slightly more powerful than a vice-captain, and not at captain-level as one would expect of a captain-class shinigami.
Lazy: Shirks duties like his life the future of Soul Society depends on it.  Also doesn't like to fight unless someone's life is on the line (though not his own).
Pleasant Manner/Scary Undertones: See the Strengths!
Sake: Lots of it!  Never refuses a drink, even in battle.  Frequently collapsed in shady spots, working off his latest hangover.
Sacrifice: Though he comes off as stern and unforgiving, Kyoshiro always interposes himself between fatal danger and his friends/subordinates, often to a suicidal degree, trusting to his regenerative powers (often misguidedly) to keep him alive long enough to get back into the fight.
Limited Zanpakutō Release: Unless he has managed to gather enough reiatsu, Kyoshiro cannot even release his Zanpakutō, even to shikai level, let alone bankai.
Deadly Zanpakutō: Kyoshiro is not immune to the power of his own Zanpakutō.

Zanpakutō:
Name: Hakkai no Issengare

Shikai: Reap, Hakkai no Issengare (Destruction in a Thousand Forms)
Upon having gathered enough reiatsu, Hakkai no Issengare can be released from its basic wakizashi shape into a large wide-bladed single edged sword, black in colour and wreathed with poisonous looking green flames.  The release also clothes Kyoshiro in a green reiatsu-like emanation/flame.  His Zanpakutō's power is entropy, and allows the sword to cut through almost any defence by weakening it severely, whilst any power or attack that comes within slicing range of this Zanpakutō is similarly degraded/weakened.  However, Kyoshiro himself is not immune to his own Zanpakutō's power and whilst his Shikai is active, his regenerative powers are nullified as they cancel each other out.

Bankai: Hakkaitengare (Destruction/Downfall of All Heaven)
In this state Hakkai no Issengare transforms into a giant scythe-like construct and its entropic power reaches its fully force, expanding the latent entropic field to almost a mile in radius with heightened effect, within which the Zanpakutō rapidly destroys anything that contains/is made out of reiatsu, making it dangerous to ally and foe alike, even himself (needless to say Kyoshiro tends not to use it unless he's the last man standing, or believes he can end the fight before his allies/himself succumbs and the enemy is sufficiently dangerous to risk it).  Anything affected by Hakkaitengare is slowly consumed by green flames (the fire isn't painful, merely a visual manifestation that the bankai is affecting it, but those affected will feel themselves weakening from Reiatsu loss).  It's Bankai state also increases its attack range, meaning it can cut beyond the physical reach of the weapon itself (approx 40-50 ft) and almost no known defence can stop it so great is the entropic power concentrated along its edge (the actual weapon rather than the extended attack).  Hakkaitengare's entropic power not only nullifies Kyoshiro's regenerative abilities like his shikai does, but also amplifies damage he might suffer in battle, making even shallow cuts dangerous to him.

History:
Uesugi Kyoshiro was once a bright, carefree, almost arrogant, member of the divisions with a definite affinity for strategy - great things were expected of him and he was slated for officer selection within weeks of making it to the ranks of the shinigami.  His outlook largely changed when he first accessed and released his shikai.  Unnerved by the inner qualities of his own soul, he rarely used the Zanpakutō, instead focussing on martial and tactical pursuits, but Hakkai no Issengare would not be ignored and gradually began to sap at his strength.  Despite this, he forged on.

It was not until a 300 hundred years ago that Uesugi Kyoshiro awoke his Bankai, emerging as the sole survivor of a harrowing, but critical battle.  Having achieved a stunning victory by annihalating every enemy on the field of battle, and having gained his Bankai, he was offered to take the captain's examination, mostly as a formality.  However a shaky Kyoshiro refused the examination and went into self-imposed exile, his lack of reiatsu making him exceptionally difficult to find, where he has stayed for 100 years,.  It was not until the death of his former division captain and mentor that caused Uesugi Kyoshiro to rear his head from hiding and attend the funeral of the person he respected and admired the most.  He was recognised and, despite his indescretion at abandoning the Gotei 13, he was urged to occupy the position, being remembered as an upstanding member.  It has now been 400 years since he has last used his Bankai and is determined not to do so.

Despite shirking his duties as much as he dares get away with, Uesugi Kyoshiro has played a large part in keeping the shinigami of the 11th Division battle-hardened and highly disciplined due to his highly unorthodox approach at being a captain and mentor to his men.  It's still not a position he wanted, always viewing it as one that was pressed onto him, but being in the position he performs the duties as best as he can and is respected by most of the men under his command, if not many others.  He is free with advice and takes care not to antagonise his fellow captains.

**Note: I suck at Japanese naming, so if anyone can come up with a more accurate term for the following, I'd appreciate it!  :-)

• Destruction in a Thousand Forms
  • Destruction/downfall of all Heaven

BruceTheCat

Great to see you are interested Sheer! I went ahead and PMed you Captain's notes and edits. Let me know your thoughts!
- scribus1000

Wicked Vixen

Player: Wicked Vixen
Name: Akiko Mizuchi
Division:

Appearance:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Strengths:

Martial Artist: Akiko is very skilled in hand to hand combat. She spends her days training to increase her strength and skill. She is very creative with her training sessions and knows various forms of martial arts.

Athlete: Akiko has an impressive amount of endurance and is very much in tune with her body. She knows her limits and loves sports. She is fast and has a strong young body.

Great Physical Strength: Akiko is immensely powerful and is capable of great feats of strength. Often times she has a few accidents when she forgets to measure out her own strength. Her power gets magnified with the use of her shikai and bankai.

Secret Bankai: Akiko is capable of Bankai but will never ever use it in the pressence of someone who would then remove her from her lieutenant position.

Warrior Spirit: Akiko will refuse to give up or to fail. Her honor will not allow it and it makes her a very persistent fighter and with a dangerous never back down mind set. She is not an idiot she loves fighting but can use her head to help her in fights where strategy is needed.

Beauty: Akiko knows how to and uses herstunning looks to throw off her male and sometimes female opponents. She is also smart in using her looks during questoiioning of male prisoners.

Weaknesses:

Average swordswoman: Akiko's speciality is the use of her body as a weapon. She is not the best swordswoman more of an average warrior with a sword. She is able to handle people with weapons but gets best results with her hands rather than trying to cross swords.

Stubbornness: Akiko will not use her bankai even at the cost of her own life. She does not want to move up into a Captain's position just yet. She feels that she is not yet strong enough despite her impressive fighting skills as well as having a good head on her shoulders. It will take the most extreme of measures to force her to use her bankai.

Poor Kido user: Akiko has great fighting ability but she can use only the most basic of kidos.

Crushing on Corin: Never would she ever admit it but Akiko has a massive crush on Corin though she tries her best to hide it. She acts differently around him and feels awkward at the same time she does not feel worthy of his notice so until she is able to prove to herself she is worthy of being a captain. She has no idea if anything will ever come from her crush on him.

Zanpakuto Name: Lucifer

"Obliterate All, Lucifer"

Shikai form

Jet black Gauntlets and boots form around Akiko's hands and feet. They emit a glowing light that gets brighter as she aborbs energy. Lucifer enhances Akiko's speed, strength, reflexes and agility. It also allows Akiko to absorb spiritual energy through the gloves and boots, the energy can be stored for later use or to give off blasts of engery or to feed it to her body. If she chooses to store the energy into the gloves and boots she can magnify the strength of one blow depending on how mcuch energy she absorbed. The gloves do have a limit on the amount of energy they can absorb but it is a massive amount.

Bankai:

"

All the abilities of her shikai get magnified by 10 times . In her Bankai state Lucifer allows Akiko to pass off energy to her comrades. In this state she is also able to greatly magnify the force of her blows at the cost of her spiritual energy. Lucifer also takes on a bit of a life of its own. If Akiko is in danger and Lucifer can sense she is not aware it will force her body to move. 4 black slim blades can be unleashed through her gauntlets. Her armor is jet black with a blinding white light cobbwebbing on her armor.

History: Akiko had a great childhood. She was carefree and happy. She loved all living creatures and as she grew to understand that the shinigami put themselves between danger and those who were unable to protect themselves she knew right away that she would want to become one of them. At the academy she found that she had a natural talent for fighting with her hands and feet. She was able to read her opponents bodies as they telegraphed their own attacks. It was through various sparring sessions that she honed her skills and always took up challenge offers. It was also the same time she found that she would not become some legendary swordsman. It then became very obvious to her that she would join the 11th division corps. After spending time in the division she began to show others her true potential, the cause of her trying harder and showing moire of herself was when she caught a glimpse of HIM in battle. Ever since then the strong massive mountain of a man had been in her heart and mind making Akiko want to gain his favor and to become his equal one day.
The three sexiest things ever said...

"I believe that whatever doesn't kill you..simply makes you.......Stranger...."

"You see, madness, as you know....,is like gravity.....All it takes is a little push......"

"Since distance equals velocity times time, let's let velocity and time approach infinity, because I want to go all the way with you."

BruceTheCat

Looks great Wicked! Ping one of the current Captains to make sure they are open for a Lieutenant, perhaps Sheer now that he's taken over the 11th Division spot, and move your character over to the OOC section.

If you can, read through the story section to catch up on what has happened so far. If you would prefer though, I can PM you a synopsis to catch you up to speed.
- scribus1000

Wicked Vixen

The three sexiest things ever said...

"I believe that whatever doesn't kill you..simply makes you.......Stranger...."

"You see, madness, as you know....,is like gravity.....All it takes is a little push......"

"Since distance equals velocity times time, let's let velocity and time approach infinity, because I want to go all the way with you."

BruceTheCat

- scribus1000

Winds Of Lust

Oh wow, so many interesting captains that still need a lieutenants! AH who to pick!

Or should I just go ahead and make a captain? decisions decisions...

BruceTheCat

Whatever you would like Winds! If you pick a Lieutenant make sure to ping the player who is playing a Captain to make sure it's cool.
- scribus1000

Winds Of Lust

You know, that is really good advice.

-pauses work on cs to spend a PM or two-

BruceTheCat

Feel free to take a read through our IC thread to see what's going on, and the personalities of each character.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=197296.0
- scribus1000

Silk

Im gonna throw in some interest, I've got a few assignments to finish up before I can commit though if thats a problem

BruceTheCat

- scribus1000

Winds Of Lust

Spoke with Angaroo and she agreed to me being her Lieutenant.

Here is the CS for approval.

Name:Raki Sopaku
Division:4th
Appearance:

Strengths:

Agile: Having to keep up with Captain Wakahisa, Raki has become very fast. This does not extend solely to Shunpo use. He is very nimble, acrobatic, and swift with even the movements of his hands. The best word way to say it would be that he is 'all around agile'

Hard worker: Raki rarely will do anything with less than 100 percent effort.

Kaido proficiency: Being Lieutenant of the 4th squad it is easy to assume he is the second most skilled at Kaido.

A skilled swords man: Just as practiced and precise in sword play as he is in the operating room.

Medical knowledge: Not all wound and sicknesses can be fixed with Kaido. Or at least, not all people are performing the level of kaido needed to cure all wounds and sicknesses. His family background gives him excellent knowledge of medicine development. He spend a fair time working with the R&D squad working on new medical treatments.

Weaknesses:

Over Zealous: Raki is known for biting off more than chew sometimes. He is a bit hot headed and that leads him to have trouble backing down from conflict or knowing when he has lost.

Short Temper: Raki has little patience for nonsense. You can imagine how frustrated he gets with his captain at times.

Low Stamina: By the standards set by most captain Raki doesn't have very good stamina. Big spells and long fights will leave him tired much quicker than others of his rank.

Divided Interest: Raki sometimes has trouble decided on where his focus should lie and can become side tracked by various other activates.

Zanpakutō:
Name: Nuikiba: Sewing Fang
ShikaiLeave them in stitches, Nuikiba
Once activated his blade straights and elongates, and becomes what looks like a Large needle with a handle inside of the thread hole. It has no edge but can easily pierce most things as easily as if it was cloth. Don't let it's lack of a cutting edge make you think you can happily allow the blunt sides of the needle sword to touch you. When something comes in contact with it's blunt sides that thing is instantly 'Stitched' with threads made of spiritual energy. The threads are invisible until pulled taught unless the foe has very high spiritual sensitivity. The strings are very strong, but can be cut or even broken with enough brute strength. This can be used in multiple ways. Mostly to the effect of manipulating and controlling the distance and flow of a fight.

If Raki strikes a foes arm, the foes arm now has threads connecting it to Nuikiba. He has to set the length of the thread by calling it out loud. keep in mind that he cannot strike someone shunpo away and say 'one foot'. The distance he calls has to be equal to or greater than him and the struck target. He can use this to control the distance of a fight, able to pull the foe by pulling on the strings to bring them to him or keep them from escaping. He can indeed use this ability on multiple foes bringing allowing himself to draw danger to himself and away from allies.

If Raki strikes you then another part of you or an object near you and calls out 'closed', That part of you will be stitched to that object or other part of you. For example strikes both of your arms, they are now sewn together. The target and the thing they are being stitched to have to be at least 5 feet from one another. His favored tactic is to stitch feet or hands to the ground. If raki is fighting 4 foes and he has two of them stitched to Nuikiba, and those two get within 5 feet of one another he can stitch them together.

Raki can, finally, shrink Nuikiba down to a small size, about that of a dagger. In this form it only has a medical use. The threads made now are filled with Kaido, and will heal the wounds they stitched together. Not instantly, but it is a great way to deal quickly with life threatening wounds. It can even repair lost limbs. Though it only does most of the work, the target will need a good night's rest or two before they are truly healed. This form and skill is very draining on Raki and will sap him dry fast. Only used in medical emergencies.

Bankai Not achieved

History:Raki comes from a old family who are known as well respected medicine men. They even say that a few of his ancestors were among the shinigami who developed the Kaido, though many suppose that is just a rumor. While the families power and influence has dwindled in recent centuries, hardly even considered among the 'nobilities' of the Sereti anymore, a lot of hope, and pressure, has been put on Raki to restore the family name. He is well on his way, many of his family think, given that he is the Lieutenants of the 4th squad at his young age.

While Raki has never shrank from this family duty, he questions if it is what he wishes to focus on. He love combat just as much as medicine and is seen as the 'muscle' of the 4th squad given his in aggressive nature and offensive skills. But wonders if he truly as the talent to be a master of both disciplines, and that one may have to one day give way to another if he wants to grow further and achieve bankai and captain status one day. Will he have to give up his love of battle to become the master medical shinigami his family push him to be? Or will he have to drop saving lives to become a killing machine? Where does his true nature lie? Only time will tell.

BruceTheCat

Great concept Winds! Approved, go ahead and move your character over to the OOC section (https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=197251.0)

I encourage you to read through the IC section, but if you would prefer I can send you a brief summary of what's happened so far. Let me know via PM.
- scribus1000

AngelicBlade

This still open for recruitment? And what roles need filled, I'd really like to get in this.

BruceTheCat

It is still open Angelic. Take a look at the first post to see what's open, then post up your sheet for review!
- scribus1000

Vaulera

I think I'll try and make a lieutenant of the eight division. Now, this may have already been answered, but in respect to the power levels, will lieutenants have a bankai, or just their shikai?