Garthalla: Customized/Homebrewed 3.5 DnD Recruitment

Started by Zaer Darkwail, March 20, 2019, 04:55:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laughing Hyena

My goodness Zaer, you make me wanna write so much. ^_^

Laughing Hyena

Quoting this so people don't miss it also.

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on March 31, 2019, 02:01:42 PM
Updated first post with links to all applied chars so far (if missed someone, please poke me). Also as idea based on another thread; I start now prologue threads (links to them are besides your char names in first page on accepted applications), to each player and char so far who have done full application. Now in prologue there will be no dice rolling involved so no sheets needed (albeit idea what your capable doing is useful). The prologue is entirely freeform RP threads where is intent to get feel of the char/player and see can players able to commit to posting as well (and cases where multiple chars been posted by single player, help choose which one to use in end).

Those who post in prologue get most likely picked out compared ones who do not. I try keep each thread going best of my abilities (intense as it will be but aim to 2 post min per day). Also idea of each prologue is connect players to main story IC thread as well. All threads will be located in NC: Exotic-Freeform Solos. Overall you can use lot narrative freedom in your posts (considering I should pick peeps next weekend so we need post fast and lot more to get story progress nicely in prologue). So self-narrating a bit is encouraged and then me making updates and big reveals for you :).

But still, 13 applications (around 10 players as some did double entries). Six players max so I feel bad cutting around half players off just number limitation alone :(.

Laughing Hyena

Sorry for the triple post but I didn't want people searching for what had been changed by an edit. I have finished with my adventuring deeds, I think. I didn't want to get too overzealous.

Zaer Darkwail

Good, anyways sorry for you all but today I cannot post on proloques (was damn long day and got drained). I will do them tomorrow for certain (also will send PM pokes to folks who haven't posted yet in proloques).

Muse

Do we have an OOC somewhere, Zaer?  I love the image you chose for my grandfather.  :) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Zaer Darkwail

No OOC as I haven't done selections yet. Proloques are just before selection to see who players post and keep posting (and how they get into character and how they write). It's sort 'written exam' to measure player for selection purposes.

Plus for those who do not get picked get at least play their char a bit in freeform narrative format :)

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Zaer Darkwail

No, I would rather avoid it. However there is feat which allows add dex onto dmg with finesse weapons.

Muse

Oh, is there?  Can you find out what ti's called for me?  I'll look into it if i get to play that long. 

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Muse on April 02, 2019, 05:30:43 PM
   Oh, is there?  Can you find out what ti's called for me?  I'll look into it if i get to play that long.

Feat is from tome of battle and it's called Shadow Blade. But this case I would allow it be taken with just having weapon finesse (than just having shadow hand stance which would ask either you multiclass or take two feats). Shadow Hand preferred weapons are; dagger, short sword, sai, siangham, unarmed strike, and spiked chain.

Zaer Darkwail

I extend the recruit/prologues by a week or two thanks me being unable fill my posting schelude as I had planned :P. I already see some devoted posters and those who are inspired by the world which I gladly take in (and build prologues so it gives some lead or connection to others etc). But this rate the game actually may better start at after eastern as I will be in cabin with no internet during that time. But plan (at least for now) is get chars picked and OOC up before eastern.

Zaer Darkwail

I do some prologue replies today, but on tomorrow I disappear until to monday (go to cabin with friends, play DnD and tabletop games, Warhammer 40K etc). I finish proloques and do char picks after eastern is over.

Miroque

we have IRL tabletop easter aswell, people are coming to our place and we do some larp crafting for next summer and play Starwars rpg and boardgames.

Zaer Darkwail

Nice :). Our group did this last year and decided make it tradition of sorts, one of our friends comes long way to spend time with us and we run short DnD campaign during the eastern as well.

Miroque

About the Garthalla, have you made all the player descisions already?

Zaer Darkwail

Not all, some prologues need finished but some I see would likely get picked. I likely continue them after eastern around week more before decisions are done. Then I quickly make OOC and open main thread.

Laughing Hyena

Guilty as charged but I am enjoying my prologue and the intrigue immensely.

Re Z L

A&A

Zaer Darkwail

Just as general announcement the prologues are over, those who will join main game has been selected and informed via PM to OOC thread. Those whom I haven't finished prologue yet (and player not chosen), I am fine continue the threads to finish the one shot story with them. In my selection I took account on overall posting activity along with party balance (all applied chars were interesting and fun).