News:

Main Menu

Superpowers

Started by Yukina, February 28, 2015, 06:44:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jag

Can't I just be Toad with all of his abilities? No?

Fine, I'll just take the 25 foot flexible tongue with the gross dripping goo.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Angelic Kitten

I suppose time travel could be looked at, as a sort of dimensional travel?

If an infinite number of worlds exist, you just step into one, where you havent made the choice that you want to remake and you go there and get a do over?

Sorta like how amberites travel through shadows, if youre familiar with the game system?  Though to have that sort of ability does cheapen the experience, since everyone might start to feel phony after a while.

(shrugs)

Mikem

As a kid, I always had recurring dreams of being able to fly. Not like Superman style where you just go, but more like you have to dive down in order to gain momentum, and then pull up to use said momentum to get distance. Imagine a sort of arcing style, and you have to pull yourself back in order to slow down to land, like a Helicopter. I guess my young mind was more in tune to the laws of Physics than I thought.

I was also really big into being able to bend water, like in Avatar.
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions. So why not take the scenic route?"

My Ons & Offs

Angelic Kitten

Quote from: Mikem on April 20, 2015, 11:39:25 AM
As a kid, I always had recurring dreams of being able to fly. Not like Superman style where you just go, but more like you have to dive down in order to gain momentum, and then pull up to use said momentum to get distance. Imagine a sort of arcing style, and you have to pull yourself back in order to slow down to land, like a Helicopter. I guess my young mind was more in tune to the laws of Physics than I thought.

I was also really big into being able to bend water, like in Avatar.

That's more like gliding than flying, i think with the right 'suit' (and backup chute), that people actually god skydiving and move around in the air like flying squirrels.

ScarletPrincess

Call me boring, but I think it would be great to have super speed (assuming it was like the Flash's, where it basically also comes with super durability and the ability to think at super speed too). Imagine how amazing and free life would feel if you could just zip around, and make huge flying jumps after accelerating to insane superhuman levels. And then you could also read and think at super speeds, allowing you to absorb huge amounts of information, and hit things with more force than a bullet.

CaptainNexus616

Doesn't sound boring to me lol. Sounds pretty awesome actually.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ \(`Д´)/ ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ Sorry, I just dropped my bag of Doritos in my signature again. ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄┐( °ー ° )┌

deadmanshand

I would want Lifeform Creation. Just the ability to design and create new lifeforms as an act of will. To be able to give birth to strange creatures and plants I see in my head. Create whole new races and species... sure I won't see the centuries pass like an immortal or live with perfect health the way someone with a healing factor would but what better way to be remembered than to be remembered as "God"?

Mikem

Quote from: ScarletPrincess on April 26, 2015, 06:14:50 PM
Imagine how amazing and free life would feel if you could just zip around, and make huge flying jumps after accelerating to insane superhuman levels. And then you could also read and think at super speeds, allowing you to absorb huge amounts of information, and hit things with more force than a bullet.

This reminds me of a study done on Superman and his abilities. Remember objects that gain speed also gain kinetic force. It's been estimated that a single punch thrown by Superman using his strength, would cause an atomic explosion multitudes greater than any bomb we've built. So that super speed would come with epic responsibility. Unless you want to level a country by running into something.
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions. So why not take the scenic route?"

My Ons & Offs

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Mikem on April 27, 2015, 03:08:14 AM
This reminds me of a study done on Superman and his abilities. Remember objects that gain speed also gain kinetic force. It's been estimated that a single punch thrown by Superman using his strength, would cause an atomic explosion multitudes greater than any bomb we've built. So that super speed would come with epic responsibility. Unless you want to level a country by running into something.

AKA 'World of Cardboard'. Big problem for Supes, at least his animated persona.

Jag

Quote from: Mikem on April 27, 2015, 03:08:14 AM

And what if I do?

>_>
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Yukina

I just thought of a wonderfully trollish power: The power to modify text anywhere. :)

Beorning

Speaking of superpowers: don't you guys think that super-speed is the most broken power ever, at least when it comes to superhero stories? I mean, the speedsters are shown to move at incredible speeds... speeds that, logically, should make them invincible. A Flash-level superspeed is completely unbeatable when treated realistically... So, to give the speedster heroes challenges, writers make them very inconsistent: the Flash can run to a store, pick up groceries and come back in a blink of an eye, but he still has trouble dodging Captain Cold's ice gun, he can get tripped etc.

BTW. Please explain one thing to me: why do speedsters *run*? Why don't they *walk* at superspeed?

marblesoda

Metal bending/tech magic OR basically being a Green Lantern. :)
"Do you know what that really means? A knight in shining armor?" "A hero who saves the day." "No. A knight in shining armor never did nothing for nobody. He never fought. A knight in dented, scraped armor, now that's what you want."

eternaldarkness

I want two: immortality and the ability to pause time /set specific points in time that I can 'rewind' to.

Starstrider

It's a toss up between teleportation, flight, healing and telekinesis. I thought about telepathy, but quite frankly, I don't think I'd really want to see what's in other people's minds. Mine is enough of a handful at times.

Polymorph

Bodyswapping

Probably a cheat answer, but if you could simply move over into someone else's body you would effectively have immortality as well. At least where natural aging or illness is concerned. Plus to get any other superpower you'd just need to find someone who had it and possess them. Also I'm a huge perv and possessing hot women's husbands/boyfriends for a night or if I fancied a change the woman herself would be cool.

Rogue

The ability to always fill something. Oh you're irritating me. "Your bladder's full" oh I need to buy a house. "Fill up my bank account" oh I got shot. "Fill up that hole" oh I'm bleeding out. "Fill my body back up with blood" oh you're attacking me? "Fill your lungs up with poisonous compound of choice." or your stomach with arsonic. Or something of that nature. And on the converse "fresh blood or oxygen"

Sub Abi

Shape changing, it would be amazing to be whoever I want whenever I want, or just simply fit on great outfits ;)

Teleportation is also a contender, no more paying for holidays....or indeed anything if I chose to use my power to commit crime ;)

Atarn

I used a link for an old game I played in here on E...And got...*drumroll*

http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Omnipotence

I am pleased.
A sudden storm in
    summer, the brightest
    star at night; an
    opportunist rogue,
    confessor of sins
    a master of hearts
    a dominant lover

GirlFriday

Probably the ability to rewind time an hour and correct any mistake I make. Anymore than an hour, I may end up messing with the space-time continuum and exploding it.
FRIDAYI'MINLOVE
My ONs and OFFs

Asphodel Terrarium

I suppose I don't want a superpow'r because I already have a lot.

Mikem

Had another dream where I had the ability to fly. Though I get really stubborn about how exactly. I couldn't just jump and take off, I had to jump off a high hill or cliff, and then glide around using lift and momentum...

I think my mind is telling me to go try out hang gliding. Or skydiving with a wingsuit.

My Ons & Offs

Polymorph

Quote from: Mikem on May 13, 2015, 10:17:48 PM

I think my mind is telling me to go try out hang gliding. Or skydiving with a wingsuit.

Or to turn over before you fall off the bed.

Smoketail

I've always wanted the power of shape shifting.

Warlock

I'll also go with shape-shifting, even if it's highly limited. Can do a lot of fiddly things with an extra hand in everything from sewing, writing, cooking and cleaning.