News:

Main Menu

Chupacapra caught?

Started by Sabby, September 03, 2009, 07:19:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

http://buzz.yahoo.com/buzzlog/92971?fp=1

Admittedly, I used to be kind of obsessed with these things...

Oniya

I want to see the DNA results!
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Avis habilis

Looks more like a regular dog in the last stages of mange. Once saw a naked, snaky-tailed red creature trot across the lawn & couldn't recognize it as a fox without examining it through binoculars. Fox & dog alike probably didn't have long to live in any case, poor bastards.

Sabby

I only just now saw the video, and... I honestly have no idea what the issue is. It looks like a dog.

The Overlord

A DNA sample should make the call on this.

StrawberryDream

It does look like a dog, maybe you could update us if they do do dna.

HairyHeretic

I believe a sample has been sent off for testing. Not sure how long that takes though.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Nimmy

Hello all. This caught my attention so I went off and did a little research, particularly on wolf species that might have a population, however small, in that particular area.

Check this out: Canis lupus baileyi, commonly known as the Mexican Wolf. Roams in some areas of Texas, maybe not where this guy found them, but they do exist. The article says that they have long legs, which was something that I noticed the video saying. I can't explain the unusually long teeth, obviously, since looking at pictures the fangs appear to be normal looking to me.

And then there's also the matter of the legend of the chupacabra. Some of the information I've found on various sites supports the presence of spines on its back, and a few have reported that it's about the size of a small bear. Others said that it looks vaguely reptilian, or resembles a kangaroo. A few also indicate that it's bipedal (and then there are a few that claim it's an alien, but who are we to say?)

I'd really like to see what this creature turns out to be myself, but, being a bit of a skeptic on a lot of things, I had to look around. Hope someone finds this interesting.

Voichin

Maybe mangy wolf is a good explanation, but I'll vote mangy coyote. It looks a lot like the Elmebdorf creature which turned out to be sick coyote-wolf hybrid.

Notable for bad manners and lack of empathy.

ONs and OFFs