What is the Unkown action?

Started by The Great Triangle, August 06, 2008, 02:31:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Great Triangle

When I'm looking at who's online, I've noticed that sometimes people do something called unkown action.  Just what are they doing anyway?  I've worked out that nothing you can see means that they're posting in or viewing a hidden forum, but unknown action is a bit tricker.
Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs

Sherona

dont quote me but I believe that is when t hey are looking at 'my topics' or changing their passwords maybe?

Trieste

Ja, I've experimented before (clicking around in one window, then quickly clicking 'who's online' in another window so my previous action shows up) and it appears to be when viewing "my topics".

Kalen

Then a lot of people are viewing your topics, Trieste.  Which, considering your quality of writing, makes sense  ;D

Trieste

Kalen

My ass has not been proven to be any smarter than anyone else's.  Snopes is working on it now, though.

Caity

I think it may also be if the person is viewing someone else's last posts.

Trieste

I think that one just comes up as "viewing so and so's profile".

Caity

Trieste

Just checked it. Viewing your last posts comes up as "Viewing Caity's profile". *nods*

OldSchoolGamer

I think the "unknown action" involves communing with the hive mind swimming in a vat of green fluid down in Vekseid's basement.

But I could be wrong...   ;D

Bliss

It also pops up when someone's on a board you can't see. Like the gents can't see the names of the posts I look at on the ladies only board, and non-staff can't see the names of the posts we look at in the Staff Boards, that kind of thing.
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Kalen

Or those of us not associated to the super secret writing board.  *nods*

Trieste

"Nothing, or nothing you can see" is a hidden board, or if the person is just idling...

"Unknown action" is when the person is looking at their "my topics" tab.