A Time Travel Epic (Pathfinder) (M for F)

Started by Foxfyr, November 17, 2014, 08:41:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foxfyr

I have been replaying Chrono Trigger and have a strong urge to manipulate it into a Pathfinder adventure for a heroine and the group of NPCs she picks up along the way. If you don't know the story, it takes place in a world similar to Earth, with eras such as the prehistoric age, in which primitive humans and dinosaurs share the earth; the Middle Ages, replete with knights, monsters, and magic; and the post-apocalyptic future, where destitute humans and sentient robots struggle to survive. The characters frequently travel through time to obtain allies, gather equipment, and learn information to help them in their quest. In order to maintain the surprise that is revealed in the course of the story, their quest becomes one of saving the world from a threat that ends up destroying the world dooming humanity to do all that they can to survive on a dead planet. I would prefer players who have never played/heard of the game to keep the plot a surprise as it unfolds, but it isn't a requirement.

You will be playing the main character and will have plenty of opportunity to expand your party with NPCs whose roles vary between friendly companion to romantic interest depending on PC interactions with them. There will be a fair amount of combat, but this is more heavily focused on story so combats will be rather streamlined. During the combat heavy dungeon dives, I would prefer to utilize roll20.net to hold a live chat-based session to make extended combat sequences less of an ordeal and otherwise prevent it from slowing the story as a whole. Such sessions can be held as an at-need basis for when the timing would work for the both of us, very much a no-pressure thing. It'll also be chat-based, so no need to worry about audio or video with such sessions.

Character creation outline:
-Starting level: 3rd
-Stat line is focus and foible: (1)18, (1)10, and (4)d8+9
-Use of arcane magic is blocked until a particular event unlocks it around 5th level. If you want to play an arcane character, I can get creative and work some way around it. Either way,  every member of the party will have some magic at their disposal even if they aren't casters.
-Core race only
-All classes and material from Paizo allowed. Third-party stuff by GM approval only; no firearms or psionics.

At this point, I am looking for interested parties instead of completed character sheets. If you are interested, PM a few sentences describing your character's personality and the type of build you are considering. This can rate anywhere from bondage-extreme depending on player preferences with plenty of opportunities to include specific interests (I.e. Tentacle rape, sex with non-humans, or most other things that doesn't fall in my no category of o/o's). This isn't a sex-venture, but there is plenty of room to incorporate adult and romantic situations.

Your story begins in 1000AD within the Kingdom of Guardia (standard non-magical fantasy Renaissance era). Today is the first day of the Millennial Fair, a 3-month event that spans all of summer and has the entire kingdom excited. Games, festivities, drinking, shopping, and wondrous spectacles of all kinds makes this particular fair worthy of the 1000 year wait. Your longtime friend Lucca, an alchemical and technological genius, has been hinting towards her most revolutionary invention yet though she hasn't told you what it is yet. She is keeping that particular unveiling for the first day of the fair and has let you know that she would love for you to be there for its maiden demonstration.

If you have any questions or want more clarification for the worldspace or plot, feel free to ask in this thread. :)