Guardians & Summoners [5e] - IC Live

Started by Jezabelle, December 14, 2019, 05:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opale

Interest already discussed with the GM )

Looking for a natural, or Beastial Guardian SPirit to pair with :)

c0i9z

My idea is more of a primordial, eternal entity from a place beyond imagining, so much so that the process of giving it a terrestrial body and the ability to function in the world is enough to make it forget most of what the other world is like.

Armphid

Quote from: pdragon on December 15, 2019, 01:28:06 PM
I don't really mind adapting a pre established race. Though either way would it be possible to incorporate wings/flight into it? I haven't played anything above 3rd level 5e really, so I'm not sure when/if that becomes a viable thing.

Another thought on the wings, one of the Aasimar sub-races can pop wings of light once per long rest (I think?  might be short rest) and fly as well as get bonus radiant damage on their attacks.  Seems pretty angelic to me.

I would like to submit my interest to this!  I am open to playing a Summoner or Guardian, but as it seems we have more people interested in being Guardians (higher level, I get it), I'll put forth my Summoner idea.  Which is a fairly standard one, really, lol.

I'm looking at playing a Wizard, probably a High Elf or Half-Elf, who would be an Evoker to better support their Guardian in combat by being able to shape their spells around them.  I am seeing a fairly studious character without much sexual experience, may even be a virgin, who ends up being paired with a more sexually aggressive or demanding Guardian, though that doesn't mean it has to be controlling or trying to take them over.  Maybe the Guardian genuinely things the Summoner is cute or comes to have feelings for them.

I'd also be open to playing a Cleric, again someone more sheltered and chaste.  If anyone would be interested in playing my Guardian, let's talk!

I can be either gender of character.  I'd lean towards playing a male but I can do a female also! 

Edit: Now that I've read more carefully, being an Evoker is less necessary since I could cast spells "through" my Guardian, essentially.  Still thinking of going with Wizard though! 

A few questions that occurred to me.  You list the standard stat array and 4d6k3 for Attributes.  I assume that means we can do either method?  If we choose to roll, how would you like us to post it to keep us honest? 

If I choose a human, which I may not but just for planning purposes, would if be the Variant Human (two +1s and a Feat) or the normal human?
[tr][td]
My ONs/OFFs and Other Info

One-on-One Ideas/Interests

Group Ideas/Interests[/td][td]     [/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Jezabelle

Quote from: Armphid on December 15, 2019, 06:29:24 PM
A few questions that occurred to me.  You list the standard stat array and 4d6k3 for Attributes.  I assume that means we can do either method?  If we choose to roll, how would you like us to post it to keep us honest? 

If I choose a human, which I may not but just for planning purposes, would if be the Variant Human (two +1s and a Feat) or the normal human?

You can do either method, yes, there should also be a Point Buy link there.

I'd like stats rolled on E!, they don't have to be sent to my ID but label them as to what they're for.

For weapons and abilities in general I'm also interested in allowing the Guardians to start with 1 magic item (probably a +1 weapon) which they may, at their preference, consider "integral" to themselves, i.e. mechanically it's a +1 Greataxe but we fluff it as their claws.

1651Leviathan

Quote from: Armphid on December 15, 2019, 06:29:24 PM

I'd also be open to playing a Cleric, again someone more sheltered and chaste.  If anyone would be interested in playing my Guardian, let's talk!

I'd be tentatively interested in playing a guardian for a naive, inexperienced wizard/cleric. My first thought would be some sort of spirit of victory or conquest that gets bound to him, thinks he's weak, and wants to make him 'stronger' in her image. If that floats your boat, of if you wanna talk more about ideas, let me know here or in PM!

Armphid

I went ahead and rolled.  Here is what I got, let me know if you want me to roll again as I think I did it wrong and it didn't save my rolls in the Dicebot.  I got very lucky and am okay with re-doing it if this feels too broken.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
At 2019-12-16 05:49:00, Armphid (uid: 65288) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 14
At 2019-12-16 05:51:58, Armphid (uid: 65288) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 17
At 2019-12-16 05:52:13, Armphid (uid: 65288) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 15
At 2019-12-16 05:52:26, Armphid (uid: 65288) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 11
At 2019-12-16 05:52:38, Armphid (uid: 65288) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 13
At 2019-12-16 05:52:49, Armphid (uid: 65288) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 18

I am going to go with a wizard.  I still haven't decided on race but narrowed it to be certain that he'll either be a High Elf or Half Elf. 
[tr][td]

[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Xurtan

Draft(?) #1. Let me know if you want anything changed, happy to play around with it. Also fine expanding the background, but figured I'd try to not write two thousand words for a change. ::) Rolled stats, linked them below the sheet. If you want me to list the specific weights for everything in the BoH I will, just figured I'd worry about it when it became obviously close to overfilling.

As far as class goes, happy to argue for Artificer or simply change to a "pure" caster if you'd prefer. I generally see him as coaxing a magical flame into an object, whether it be a glass bauble or a piece of iron, etc, to which he can 'activate' to use his spells. Generally with a sand or flame spin, description wise. Same thing with his Infusions - infusing a normal item with a piece of living flame, which turns it into a semi-permanent magical item.

Kalev
Name: Kalev of the Living Flame
Race: (Fire) Genasi - Summoner

Sexuality (IC): Gay (Dominant Top)
Acceptable Encounters (OOC): Non-Con is fine if he's the one doing the fucking - him on bottom is potentially negotiable, but definitely talk to me first.

Physical Description: Kalev stands at an imposing 6'4. His skin is of umber hue, and his hair is kept shaved and braided in the traditional style. His left ear is pierced with three metal spikes, each representing a rank attained within his clan. The most obvious clue to his heritage is in his eyes, the pools of liquid flame a clear indication of Djinn lineage. When calm they are as banked embers, soothing and warm; when enraged they are a writhing conflagration, barely held in check. When he knows combat approaches he will don the traditional white war paint from bottom lip to chin, and bridge of nose to half of each eye and across the bottom of his forehead. He strides with confidence, and wears layers of leather cut into a robe in the style of his clan. 

Should it be relevant, let's just say his cock size is proportionate to his height.
Personal History: 'The People' as they refer to themselves have a long and storied oral history. To outsiders they are known simply as Djinnites, this for their religious and cultural practices. As the story goes, thousands of years ago the first of The People wandered into what would become home to these tribal desert-dwellers. Though not the impressive desert that is known as the Crimson Expanse to outsiders today, it was still an inhospitable region. With the scorching sun pressing down against him and water long since ran out, he was on the verge of death when a spirit came to him.

It spoke to him in a strange, wispy language that sounded like the crackling of a fire. Somehow he understood it, and was given to understand it was solely at the whim of the creature--a Djinn, as he would come to know. It offered him succor, and all it asked for in exchange was eternal loyalty. With nothing to lose, he accepted. Life flooded into his being and flame licked at his skin, but he was unharmed. Instead he was rejuvenated, revived. With spirits and strength restored, he left, only to return to build a home in the desert. He knew the Djinn would keep to their deal. In exchange for his faith, it would provide.

And so it did. That man was the First, and from him came all the Djinnites. Those that worship the Djinn and their strange power, those that reside in the red sands. In the years since, The People have thrived. Nomadic, they follow the signs seen in flames cast by their Whisperer directing them. Through this, their society has each person born to a certain caste. Irrespective of gender or race, color or creed, you are born with your destiny laid out in the ashes of a fire. As a Whisperer reveals the symbol for each newborn, they are assigned to their caste and taught that serving the tribe comes before all.

There are five castes. Only one of which can be entered after birth.

The Whisperers. The spiritual leaders. Those that conduct rituals and help with births. Healers, diviners, protectors.
The Ringbinders. The traders, the smiths, the crafters. Those that keep the tribe supplied and in reasonable comfort.
The Spearguard. The tacticians. Those that lead hunts and explorations, bringing back meat or news of new parts of the desert.
The Touched. Those that are Touched by the Djinn, marked by them at birth. Genasi to outsiders, these that are related to the Djinn are blessed and will lead the tribe to prosperity guided by advisors from the Shamans, the Merchants, and the Warriors.

The last caste is the least understood by outsiders.

They are The Embers. Those that keep the fires of passion stoked in the rest of the tribe. A slave caste, many would say, and it's not strictly inaccurate. They are those that are unable to say no, yet they are not abused. They are given what they need to survive, and many are bound to a particular family or person. They take care of the cleaning, manage the fires, prepare the food, and warm the beds of those that desire it. It is the only caste that can be entered after birth - a person can willingly join the caste, or be consigned to it for punishment.

As a society they are taught to embrace hardship and pain. Flagellation and bloodletting rituals are not uncommon. They offer of themselves to the Djinn, and the Djinn provide. To be a Djinnite is not an easy path. But it is one without question or confusion, without doubt or emotional turmoil. Every person knows their place in the world and what is expected of them, and are given the opportunity and assistance needed to do the best they can for the clan. Decisions for the clan are made by The Touched with the help of the Whisperers. When a question is posed or when the tribe is wondering which direction to go, they look to the flames and the Whisperers translate the crackle of the flame, said to be the voice of a Djinn reaching out to them.

When they trade it is primarily in iron or glass in exchange for fabrics or oils, occasionally food, and often spices. Though they tend to rely primarily on favors and trade between themselves, with outsiders they will offer precious metals forged into round rings if goods are not accepted.

Their history isn't written down, and is told around fires in whispers while soft wind instruments are played and nearly drown the words out. Their art is primarily in metalshaping and pottery, with paint only used during festivals or for hunts.

Favored foods include spicy meats and drinks, especially anything bitter with a hint of blood or iron.

-

This is the clan that Kalev was born into. He was a Touched, one of the Genasi. He grew up knowing he would be leader, and expected to learn the trades, the secrets, the rites, and be warrior as well all in one. It was exhauting but he thrived upon it, attaining three of the five Iron Spikes denoting his position among the Touched. Two more and he would be knowledgeable enough to lead, though that wouldn't be needed for some time.

The desert he comes from is rocky and filled with red sand due to the iron within it, and though its original name is unknown the outsiders call it the Crimson Expanse. To him, it is merely home.

Given the title 'of the Living Flame' for his ability to coax flame into objects in order to gift them with greater properties, he expected to live out his life with the clan and, one day, assume leadership. The Summoner's Mark decided otherwise. It was observed with disbelief, even anger, for not one of theirs had been Marked before. For it to be one of the few half-Djinn born to their people... The Whisperers conferred, and eventually decided that it must be a sign. It was time for them to take more of an interest with the goings on outside of their desert.

Acting thus as forward scout and diplomatic envoy to his people, Kalev left to become a Summoner. Though reluctant, there was an excitement building within him. He had never left the sands before; what strange sights would he see? Finding that the Particii lived at the Edge of the World would merely be the beginning.

Thankfully, Kalev always did thrive on challenge. He earned knowledge quickly, and was more than eager to attend his Grand Summon. He expected the creature that would obey him to be every bit the warrior he'd heard of and more, and was quickly proven correct. The relationship is one that is easy for him to fall into, treating the Summon much like he would an Ember. After all, for is that not what they are, ultimately? Master and Servant.   

Sexual Alignment: Neutral
Addictions: n/a

Sheet: Kalev

1651Leviathan

I wanted to throw up my work in progress on my Guardian, who will be paired with Armphid's wizard, and most certainly is not tempting fate with her title.

Valarna the Invincible
A spirit of victory and conquest in battle, Valarna has waged war on the plane of Acheron since the cosmos began. A giant of unmatched might there, she now appears as a tall and regal figure, resplendent in glood-gold armor and a crown of razor-sharp laurels.

Character Sheet

Name: Valarna the Invincible
Race: Half-Elf

Sexuality (IC): (the sexuality of your character) Straight (generally; may be somewhat flexible in group scenes).
Acceptable Encounters (OOC): Non-con always permissible, straight always permissible, male monsters always permissible.

Physical Description: Valarna is a tall and statuesque woman, seemingly carved from a pale white marble. She stands with poise and power, back straight, head high. Her form is concealed beneath resplendent armour that gleams like the scales of a golden dragon. Even so, it does not totally hide the swell of rich, full breasts and the motherly curve of a shelf of wide, hips. Her legs are clad in a long, flowing raiment, but when they move, it's all too obvious that her thighs are thick and her legs long beneath the fabric.

The spirit's face is proud, with high cheekbones and a strong, smooth jaw. Her eyes hold a fierce, impetuous gleam, quick to display distemper or passion alike. Black hair is kept bound up in a tight bun behind her head. Hair and face alike are framed by a crown of razor-edged laurel leaves, a symbol of her victories on the battlefield. In all, she does not seem a figure to be crossed lightly.

Personal History: There has always been conflict on Acheron, and there always will. It is the Plane of strife and war, and it is from whence Valarna comes. There she was a commander amongst the endless forces of spirits and a peerless warrior. She frightened and inspired in equal measure... But then, rudely, all of it ended. She was pulled through the shifting spaces between worlds into the Material Plane. Valarna appeared in a hallway of mages, bound to a thin young one there. His 'Grand Summoning.' Now the spirit is torn between her militaristic obedience and her disregard for her young master's ability. Only time will tell which will win out.

Sheet: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2082110

Kathyan

Got this rolls, nothing great but still better than the normal array :P

At 2019-12-16 13:01:29, Kathyan (uid: 58724) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 13
At 2019-12-16 13:01:29, Kathyan (uid: 58724) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 12
At 2019-12-16 13:01:28, Kathyan (uid: 58724) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 10
At 2019-12-16 13:01:28, Kathyan (uid: 58724) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 16
At 2019-12-16 13:01:27, Kathyan (uid: 58724) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 13
At 2019-12-16 13:01:27, Kathyan (uid: 58724) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 16

Now I just got to decide what to build. Currently thinking on either a pirate sorceress (divine soul) or a noble bard of glamour who believes she is above common folk (probably believes to have been chosen by a deity)

Quote from: pdragon on December 15, 2019, 02:08:58 PM
@Kathyan

I'd be down for some JoJo-esque flavoring. Also if you wanted to play an evil character that could make for a fun pairing with an angel. They'd literally be the angel on your shoulder.
Sure, both of my current options would be evil-ish and both seems fitting to have an angel as her guardian so let's pair up.

c0i9z

Name: Myra
Race: Human

Sexuality (IC): Uncaring
Acceptable Encounters (OOC): Gay and non-con both permissible

Physical Description:
Myra appears as a young, human woman. She is a bit short for her species, standing at barely 5 feet tall. Generally, she appears quite... normal, given her supernatural origin, with only the colour of her hair and eyes hinting at anything unusual. She is on the attractive side, something that she neither seems to attempt try to hide nor overtly announce, choosing for herself clothing which well matches her current form's abilities: light, easy to move in and dark in colour.

Personal History:
There was the Place. A primordial place. Timeless, not that it was merely old or resistant to change, but that mention of the very concept of time would be sufficient to drive its inhabitants mad. As would concepts such as 'inhabitants' or 'madness', no words written or understood by an inhabitant of this plane being able to rise itself even to the level of pale imitation when describing the Place. And yet, tools must be used as are available and so, these words might say that it existed in the Place. And even as timeless as the Place was, still, there were Times. The Times, when it was pulled away from the Place, when it was made to shed all of its knowledge and memories, most of what it was, when it was given new thoughts, new form, made to serve and to protect the one who had done this to it, until it would once again be released back into the Place, the process reversed. Why had it allowed itself to be subjected to such? Curiosity? A bargain for power? Maybe it had been forced? Or, perhaps, it was simply its nature. But even so, in the timeless Place, a Time was approaching already, it could feel its pull. Once more, it would experience the dimly remembered, maddening idea of something that might be called 'flesh'.

Sexual Alignment: Asexual

Sheet: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2081205

Jezabelle

Quote from: Xurtan on December 16, 2019, 08:50:05 AM
Draft(?) #1. Let me know if you want anything changed, happy to play around with it. Also fine expanding the background, but figured I'd try to not write two thousand words for a change. ::) Rolled stats, linked them below the sheet. If you want me to list the specific weights for everything in the BoH I will, just figured I'd worry about it when it became obviously close to overfilling.

As far as class goes, happy to argue for Artificer or simply change to a "pure" caster if you'd prefer. I generally see him as coaxing a magical flame into an object, whether it be a glass bauble or a piece of iron, etc, to which he can 'activate' to use his spells. Generally with a sand or flame spin, description wise. Same thing with his Infusions - infusing a normal item with a piece of living flame, which turns it into a semi-permanent magical item.

Kalev
Name: Kalev of the Living Flame
Race: (Fire) Genasi - Summoner

Sexuality (IC): Gay (Dominant Top)
Acceptable Encounters (OOC): Non-Con is fine if he's the one doing the fucking - him on bottom is potentially negotiable, but definitely talk to me first.

Physical Description: Kalev stands at an imposing 6'4. His skin is of umber hue, and his hair is kept shaved and braided in the traditional style. His left ear is pierced with three metal spikes, each representing a rank attained within his clan. The most obvious clue to his heritage is in his eyes, the pools of liquid flame a clear indication of Djinn lineage. When calm they are as banked embers, soothing and warm; when enraged they are a writhing conflagration, barely held in check. When he knows combat approaches he will don the traditional white war paint from bottom lip to chin, and bridge of nose to half of each eye and across the bottom of his forehead. He strides with confidence, and wears layers of leather cut into a robe in the style of his clan. 
Personal History: Kalev's clan worship the Djinn. They are a desert dwelling nomadic people that live in an area known to outsiders merely as the Crimson Expanse. The desert itself is rocky and filled with red sand due to the iron within it, lending them an air of mystique that his clan is only too happy to take advantage of. Broken down into a caste system, Kalev was born into the highest - those of the half-Djinn, the Touched. Seen as natural leaders and signs of good tidings, he was brought up not to individual parents but as part of the clan itself.

Given the title 'of the Living Flame' for his ability to coax flame into objects in order to gift them with greater properties, he expected to live out his life with the clan and, one day, assume leadership. The Summoner's Mark decided otherwise. It was observed with disbelief, even anger, for not one of theirs had been Marked before. For it to be one of the few half-Djinn born to their people... The Elders conferred, and eventually decided that it must be a sign. It was time for them to take more of an interest with the goings on outside of their desert.

Acting thus as forward scout and diplomatic envoy to his people, Kalev left to become a Summoner. Though reluctant, there was an excitement building within him. He had never left the sands before; what strange sights would he see? Finding that the Particii lived at the Edge of the World would merely be the beginning.

Thankfully, Kalev always did thrive on challenge.   

Sheet: Kalev

I'm cool for him as an artificer!
Solid concept. 

Quote from: 1651Leviathan on December 16, 2019, 09:04:24 AM
I wanted to throw up my work in progress on my Guardian, who will be paired with Armphid's wizard, and most certainly is not tempting fate with her title.

Valarna the Invincible
A spirit of victory and conquest in battle, Valarna has waged war on the plane of Acheron since the cosmos began. A giant of unmatched might there, she now appears as a tall and regal figure, resplendent in glood-gold armor and a crown of razor-sharp laurels.

Character Sheet

Name: Valarna the Invincible
Race: Half-Elf

Sexuality (IC): (the sexuality of your character) Straight (generally; may be somewhat flexible in group scenes).
Acceptable Encounters (OOC): Non-con always permissible, straight always permissible, male monsters always permissible.

Physical Description:
Personal History:

Sheet: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2082110

Solid to me!  Like the Barb 1 dip, cool concept.

Quote from: c0i9z on December 16, 2019, 06:05:07 PM
Name: Myra
Race: Human

Sexuality (IC): Uncaring
Acceptable Encounters (OOC): Gay and non-con both permissible

Physical Description:
Myra appears as a young, human woman. She is a bit short for her species, standing at barely 5 feet tall. Generally, she appears quite... normal, given her supernatural origin, with only the colour of her hair and eyes hinting at anything unusual. She is on the attractive side, something that she neither seems to attempt try to hide nor overtly announce, choosing for herself clothing which well matches her current form's abilities: light, easy to move in and dark in colour.

Personal History:
There was the Place. A primordial place. Timeless, not that it was merely old or resistant to change, but that mention of the very concept of time would be sufficient to drive its inhabitants mad. As would concepts such as 'inhabitants' or 'madness', no words written or understood by an inhabitant of this plane being able to rise itself even to the level of pale imitation when describing the Place. And yet, tools must be used as are available and so, these words might say that it existed in the Place. And even as timeless as the Place was, still, there were Times. The Times, when it was pulled away from the Place, when it was made to shed all of its knowledge and memories, most of what it was, when it was given new thoughts, new form, made to serve and to protect the one who had done this to it, until it would once again be released back into the Place, the process reversed. Why had it allowed itself to be subjected to such? Curiosity? A bargain for power? Maybe it had been forced? Or, perhaps, it was simply its nature. But even so, in the timeless Place, a Time was approaching already, it could feel its pull. Once more, it would experience the dimly remembered, maddening idea of something that might be called 'flesh'.

Sexual Alignment: Asexual

Sheet: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2081205

Spoopy concept, cool character.

I'll link y'all in the reserved post Soon(tm).

Glad to see people sharing stats and concepts, happy to help / offer guidance but it didn't seem there was anything you needed direct responses to so I just addressed the posted sheets for now.

Armphid

I had another question!  I believe you said that if we had ideas for out character's backstory and their nation/country of origin and it's ways, should we just put those in our character sheet or do you want us to run them by you first?

I decided to post my CS so you could see what I mean.  Please review and let me know if I need to change things.

Name: Jasthalen “Jas” Silverwing
Race: Elf (High)

Sexuality (IC): Bisexual
Acceptable Encounters (OOC): Non-consent is explicitly permitted, straight or gay.  Monsters of all kinds are permitted.  Open to transformation including gender transformation.
Hard No’s are only scat, gore, vomit (in sexual scenes; character injury/death is fine)

Physical Description: Jas stands at 5’7” in height and has an agile, slender build that makes him look delicate.  He’s more pretty than handsome, with fine features, a small nose, and very full lips that are a nice pink.  His ears are a good eight inches long and jut out from his head noticeably through his hair with a definite knife shape.  His hair falls past his shoulders in a shiny cascade of sunny blond locks with a slight wave to them.  His eyes are a keen and bright blue.  Beneath his clothes, his body is more toned than one would expect and he is surprisingly well endowed.  He carries his spellbook, a thick tome with a cover of the best leather shod and embellished with arcane designs in brass, at his belt at all times.

Personal History: Jas is the youngest child and second son of a pair a pair of noble elves, Eglanon and Taladiriel Celebrovah.  Nobility in the elven kingdom of Ithilien was not a matter of hereditary; anyone could become a noble by passing a number of tests (both physical and mental) after being referred to the ruling King (a gender neutral position, both males and females can serve as a King for a 100 year term, limited to 3 terms and each noble casts one vote for any nobles who stand up to be King when a term ends) by another noble who was not a relative.  His older siblings (200 and 150 years older than him, respectively) had become nobles as well and the young elf was determined to do the same.  He showed a talent for magic and a quick mind early on and ended up being placed in Ithilien’s Vancian Academy of Magic, an elite boarding school for wizards, at a young age.  He excelled in his studies but had trouble connecting to other students and was something of a recluse.  It was in the last year of his studies at the Academy that the Summoner’s Mark appeared on the back of his right hand.  He was sent to Partition’s Seal for training and once again, he performed well but did not make many friends.  His Grand Summoning was completed only recently and Jas is honestly not sure what to make of his Guardian.  Before the two have been able to really connect or get to know one another, they were assigned to the mission to border of Ruritania and Berkia.
*By Elven standards, though Jas is physically, mentally, and emotionally mature, he is not considered an adult in elf society as he has not gone through the appropriate ceremony which takes place at age 100.  As such, many will ignore his full “adult” name and refer to him as “Jas” even over his insistence. 

Addictions: N/A

Sheet: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2082407
[tr][td]

[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

pdragon

Name: Lucifel
Race: Angel

Sexuality (IC): Pan
Acceptable Encounters (OOC): gay/non-con ok

Physical Description: An angelic being of radiant beauty. Lucifel bears the form of an 8 winged angel with golden hair, sapphire eyes, and porcelain skin, all of which appear to faintly shine and glimmer under direct sunlight. As angels are "pure, whole beings" they are not divided into different genders as mortal beings are, and are instead a single unified form, a fusion of the male and female body taking on the most beautiful aspects of each. Their face is both beautifully shaped and strongly structured. Their figure bears wide hips, chiseled muscle, a motherly bosom, and broad, fatherly shoulders. They posses both sets of genitalia, each endowed with peak virility and fertility respectively. Angels also lack the mortal concepts of shame and "decency" in regards to their bodies, and as such Lucifel never wears clothing or covers themselves in any way (not out of objection but because they wouldn't even think to do so in the first place).

Personal History: Amongst angels Lucifel was not a warrior nor a guardian, but a minstrel. They soared across the celestial plane stitching melodies through the skies, serenading the fallen and entertaining the gods. Lucifel would often turn their eye to the mortal plane, always with a sympathetic gaze. Lucifel would sing songs to soothe those who suffered lives of hardship, and would attempt to sway the hearts of the gods to lend a favorable hand to the devoted and downtrodden alike, and in doing so came to be seen as an adviser of sorts to the powerful deities. Ironically it was humanity who became the angel's muse, their struggles and triumphs becoming the material for many a ballad and poem. They fell in love a thousand times, admiring the great men and women of history from afar, and underwent heartbreak just as many times when their loves fell to death, despair, or corruption. And so when they found themselves called to earth they were surprised, but also happy. Getting a chance to walk among their beloved mortals filled the angel with elation, as did the chance to help save their world. While amongst angels Lucifel was no great warrior, they have discovered that on the mortal plane their power is quite formidable, though even so they wield it with as much love and empathy as they do their music.

Sheet: Lucifel sheet

stat rolls
What a thrill...with silence and darkness through the night....

Request Thread

Guancyto

Oh, interested! (My Fate/sense is tingling.)

Either a Fire Genasi Eldritch Knight to represent some kind of primal fire spirit or forged being, or a Warforged Wizard summoner (either a proper robot or some kind of homunculus).

Also, the intro says that guardian spirits and casters will be randomly assigned, but people are talking about pairing up. Is it a poor assumption to think you'll get the person you want?

c0i9z

My understanding is that IC, the guardians are randomly assigned, but OOC, we can choose who gets who.

pdragon

Quote from: Kathyan on December 16, 2019, 01:26:10 PM
Sure, both of my current options would be evil-ish and both seems fitting to have an angel as her guardian so let's pair up.
Sounds like a plan

Request Thread

Xurtan

Quote from: Guancyto on December 16, 2019, 10:56:10 PM
Also, the intro says that guardian spirits and casters will be randomly assigned, but people are talking about pairing up. Is it a poor assumption to think you'll get the person you want?

Quote from: c0i9z on December 16, 2019, 10:58:47 PM
My understanding is that IC, the guardians are randomly assigned, but OOC, we can choose who gets who.

My understanding as well. As characters we have no idea, but as players we'll be pairing up ahead of time between ourselves.

Jezabelle

Yeah so from the OP:

QuoteNeither chooses the other (IC, OOC you'll pair up here), and so odd mismatches or unexpected unities can emerge.

People will select their own partners out of character in this thread.  As people drop out you may need to shift to other Guardians\Summoners after the mission (rather than indefinite NPCing), assuming we get past the pilot adventure and we're still feeling it.

Quote from: Guancyto on December 16, 2019, 10:56:10 PM
Either a Fire Genasi Eldritch Knight to represent some kind of primal fire spirit or forged being, or a Warforged Wizard summoner (either a proper robot or some kind of homunculus).

Both sound like neat concepts to me!

Quote from: Armphid on December 16, 2019, 06:36:01 PM
I had another question!  I believe you said that if we had ideas for out character's backstory and their nation/country of origin and it's ways, should we just put those in our character sheet or do you want us to run them by you first?

I decided to post my CS so you could see what I mean.  Please review and let me know if I need to change things.

Name: Jasthalen “Jas” Silverwing
Race: Elf (High)

Sexuality (IC): Bisexual
Acceptable Encounters (OOC): Non-consent is explicitly permitted, straight or gay.  Monsters of all kinds are permitted.  Open to transformation including gender transformation.
Hard No’s are only scat, gore, vomit (in sexual scenes; character injury/death is fine)

Physical Description: Jas stands at 5’7” in height and has an agile, slender build that makes him look delicate.  He’s more pretty than handsome, with fine features, a small nose, and very full lips that are a nice pink.  His ears are a good eight inches long and jut out from his head noticeably through his hair with a definite knife shape.  His hair falls past his shoulders in a shiny cascade of sunny blond locks with a slight wave to them.  His eyes are a keen and bright blue.  Beneath his clothes, his body is more toned than one would expect and he is surprisingly well endowed.  He carries his spellbook, a thick tome with a cover of the best leather shod and embellished with arcane designs in brass, at his belt at all times.

Personal History: Jas is the youngest child and second son of a pair a pair of noble elves, Eglanon and Taladiriel Celebrovah.  Nobility in the elven kingdom of Ithilien was not a matter of hereditary; anyone could become a noble by passing a number of tests (both physical and mental) after being referred to the ruling King (a gender neutral position, both males and females can serve as a King for a 100 year term, limited to 3 terms and each noble casts one vote for any nobles who stand up to be King when a term ends) by another noble who was not a relative.  His older siblings (200 and 150 years older than him, respectively) had become nobles as well and the young elf was determined to do the same.  He showed a talent for magic and a quick mind early on and ended up being placed in Ithilien’s Vancian Academy of Magic, an elite boarding school for wizards, at a young age.  He excelled in his studies but had trouble connecting to other students and was something of a recluse.  It was in the last year of his studies at the Academy that the Summoner’s Mark appeared on the back of his right hand.  He was sent to Partition’s Seal for training and once again, he performed well but did not make many friends.  His Grand Summoning was completed only recently and Jas is honestly not sure what to make of his Guardian.  Before the two have been able to really connect or get to know one another, they were assigned to the mission to border of Ruritania and Berkia.
*By Elven standards, though Jas is physically, mentally, and emotionally mature, he is not considered an adult in elf society as he has not gone through the appropriate ceremony which takes place at age 100.  As such, many will ignore his full “adult” name and refer to him as “Jas” even over his insistence. 

Addictions: N/A

Sheet: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2082407

Running them by me first is ideal, at least in rough concept; that said I think your concept's all good for both Jas and Ithilien.

Quote from: pdragon on December 16, 2019, 10:52:57 PM

Name: Lucifel
Race: Angel

Sexuality (IC): Pan
Acceptable Encounters (OOC): gay/non-con ok

Physical Description: An angelic being of radiant beauty. Lucifel bears the form of an 8 winged angel with golden hair, sapphire eyes, and porcelain skin, all of which appear to faintly shine and glimmer under direct sunlight. As angels are "pure, whole beings" they are not divided into different genders as mortal beings are, and are instead a single unified form, a fusion of the male and female body taking on the most beautiful aspects of each. Their face is both beautifully shaped and strongly structured. Their figure bears wide hips, chiseled muscle, a motherly bosom, and broad, fatherly shoulders. They posses both sets of genitalia, each endowed with peak virility and fertility respectively. Angels also lack the mortal concepts of shame and "decency" in regards to their bodies, and as such Lucifel never wears clothing or covers themselves in any way (not out of objection but because they wouldn't even think to do so in the first place).

Personal History: Amongst angels Lucifel was not a warrior nor a guardian, but a minstrel. They soared across the celestial plane stitching melodies through the skies, serenading the fallen and entertaining the gods. Lucifel would often turn their eye to the mortal plane, always with a sympathetic gaze. Lucifel would sing songs to soothe those who suffered lives of hardship, and would attempt to sway the hearts of the gods to lend a favorable hand to the devoted and downtrodden alike, and in doing so came to be seen as an adviser of sorts to the powerful deities. Ironically it was humanity who became the angel's muse, their struggles and triumphs becoming the material for many a ballad and poem. They fell in love a thousand times, admiring the great men and women of history from afar, and underwent heartbreak just as many times when their loves fell to death, despair, or corruption. And so when they found themselves called to earth they were surprised, but also happy. Getting a chance to walk among their beloved mortals filled the angel with elation, as did the chance to help save their world. While amongst angels Lucifel was no great warrior, they have discovered that on the mortal plane their power is quite formidable, though even so they wield it with as much love and empathy as they do their music.

Sheet: Lucifel sheet

stat rolls

A monk-minstrel, nOice.

Xurtan

Tfw excited for this, but nothing to work on in the interim. Mind if I expand the background of Kalev's people?

Jezabelle

Quote from: Xurtan on December 17, 2019, 01:32:23 AM
Tfw excited for this, but nothing to work on in the interim. Mind if I expand the background of Kalev's people?

Sounds good to me~!

pdragon

Quote from: Jezabelle on December 17, 2019, 12:57:25 AM
A monk-minstrel, nOice.
Thanks, I'm glad you like them. I decided to take a dip into bard and move their stats around just a little, just to keep it more consistent with the flavoring, so I did make edits to their sheet.

Request Thread

Kathyan

shifting
Name: Her ladyship Dame Meow Silverfur, feudal lady and baronetess of 'Bearika'
Race: Shifter

Sexuality (IC): Pansexual
Acceptable Encounters (OOC): gay/non-con always acceptable, no non-sentient beasts (excepting felines)

Physical Description: Meow is quite short but exactly what you would call petite, she is slim yes but she got generous sized breasts, wide hips and a tight but quite big butt. Despite that she still manages to be quite supple and flexible, and that proves to be truth far beyond of what one would expect when she decides to lick some places of her own body where a human would never reach.
While quite similar to a human there are several features that instantly identify her as something more bestial, short claws, fanged canines, feline ears above her head and fine invisible to the eye fur on several parts of her body. Those features can even grow more enhanced, her fur growing thicker, her limbs more agile and a tail sprouting from her ass yet that's not everything as she also grows a cock when she goes under this wild transformation, she doesn't shows that part of herself to others though unless she is quite familiar with them or if she is in danger.

Personal History: While most of the shifters are nomadic there was one clan that stood among others and who learned the human ways of tithe, landownership and family names. Berika is rich in resources and with years of organization and leadership it was not too hard for them to establish 'Bearika' a small shifter state in which they began to rule not achieving great riches yet managing to get acknowledged by the nearby settlements. As such they would of course be reached by the Patricii who would ask to take those who manifested the Summoner's Mark, their most promising magic users, with them. As a race with nomadic impulses shifters would not be opposed to traveling to the rift of the world or through the whole known world but protecting it from incursions of other planes was a dangerous task. Where some bearers of the Mark would be scared or object, Dame Meow didn't and went with them to perform the Grand Summoning rituals, although she did it not because she worried about the safety of the world but because she wanted to grow more powerful. The fact that she could get away with whatever she did was a plus, becoming a Baroness was in her plans and eventually more.

Sexual Alignment: neutral
Addictions: licking herself and those she is intimate to, cuddling

Sheet: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2082627

Xurtan

Added a bit to Kalev about where he comes from, let me know if any of it doesn't work/if you want me to change anything, etc.

Jezabelle

Quote from: pdragon on December 17, 2019, 10:38:33 AM
Thanks, I'm glad you like them. I decided to take a dip into bard and move their stats around just a little, just to keep it more consistent with the flavoring, so I did make edits to their sheet.

A Bard dip is fine, though they are a full caster if you've just got a bit of it in you things shouldn't get out of hand.  It preserves the spirit of the concept w/out going overboard mechanically.

Quote from: Kathyan on December 17, 2019, 01:20:12 PM

shifting
Name: Her ladyship Dame Meow Silverfur, feudal lady and baronetess of 'Bearika'
Race: Shifter

Sexuality (IC): Pansexual
Acceptable Encounters (OOC): gay/non-con always acceptable, no non-sentient beasts (excepting felines)

Physical Description: Meow is quite short but exactly what you would call petite, she is slim yes but she got generous sized breasts, wide hips and a tight but quite big butt. Despite that she still manages to be quite supple and flexible, and that proves to be truth far beyond of what one would expect when she decides to lick some places of her own body where a human would never reach.
While quite similar to a human there are several features that instantly identify her as something more bestial, short claws, fanged canines, feline ears above her head and fine invisible to the eye fur on several parts of her body. Those features can even grow more enhanced, her fur growing thicker, her limbs more agile and a tail sprouting from her ass yet that's not everything as she also grows a cock when she goes under this wild transformation, she doesn't shows that part of herself to others though unless she is quite familiar with them or if she is in danger.

Personal History: While most of the shifters are nomadic there was one clan that stood among others and who learned the human ways of tithe, landownership and family names. Berika is rich in resources and with years of organization and leadership it was not too hard for them to establish 'Bearika' a small shifter state in which they began to rule not achieving great riches yet managing to get acknowledged by the nearby settlements. As such they would of course be reached by the Patricii who would ask to take their most promising magic users with them, as a race with nomadic impulses shifters would not be opposed to travling to the rift of the world to train or through the whole known world but protecting it from incursions of other planes was a dangerous task. Dame Meow didn't object though and went with them to perform the Grand Summoning rituals, although she did it not because she worried about the safety of the world but because she wanted to grow more powerful. The fact that she could get away with whatever she did was a plus, becoming a Baroness was in her plans and eventually more.

Sexual Alignment: neutral
Addictions: licking herself and those she is intimate to, cuddling

Sheet: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2082627

Let me know if I have to change anything. ^^

Like it with the caveat that you're going to wanna be careful OOC in shifted form re:sexual content, as it will tread outside some peoples' wheelhouse.  I doubt anyone's gonna take umbrage with her main form though.  I'm cool with both, for any NPC interActions.

I find the 'Bearika' idea to be cute, one note in personal history is that they don'take the best magic users so much as any who get the Summoner's Mark appearing on them.  It does only appears on magic users of significant ability, though.

Quote from: Xurtan on December 17, 2019, 02:46:40 PM
Added a bit to Kalev about where he comes from, let me know if any of it doesn't work/if you want me to change anything, etc.

I like the casts, it seems perfectly acceptable to me overall.

I'm going to start linking approved characters in the reserved post.  I assume most of us will be busy during the Xmass-New Years corridor, but I'll get at least an OOC up before then and potentially a "talkytalky" IC thread, with the action moving forward after.  I think that's less likely to cause issues than cutting a combat midway, but I'm open to feedback from players about y'alls availability and thinking on the subjeckht.

1651Leviathan

Quote from: Jezabelle on December 17, 2019, 03:26:05 PM
I'm going to start linking approved characters in the reserved post.

Might be worth noting whether the approved character has been paired with another yet. Would probably help those who need a summoner/guardian to find one. Just a thought!