The Avengers Academy (Marvel Freeform) [Recruiting]

Started by Totoro, May 06, 2019, 07:58:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Totoro

Quote from: Wolfling72 on May 06, 2019, 03:30:02 PM
Yes...fell in love with the character just before the Depowering Hit. Was so glad when she got techno geeked...Tempest powers with the suit are as cool as her mutant powers.

Any which take on her would be more than welcome. There's been no depowering here, but we can figure an explanation based on what version you want to go with.

Wolfling72

Quote from: Sun Wukong on May 06, 2019, 03:31:29 PM
Any which take on her would be more than welcome. There's been no depowering here, but we can figure an explanation based on what version you want to go with.

Hell, I'd have to flip a coin then but would be leaning toward her original mutant abilities.  I'll be snatching up a CS to work on while I am at work tonight...but face claim would totally be Zoe Kravitz.
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's
Wolfi Recommends- changes weekly
Keep it vampirated and melanated.

Totoro

Quote from: Wolfling72 on May 06, 2019, 03:35:03 PM
Hell, I'd have to flip a coin then but would be leaning toward her original mutant abilities.  I'll be snatching up a CS to work on while I am at work tonight...but face claim would totally be Zoe Kravitz.

I'm sold at the surname Kravitz. Lenny's one of my favourite musicians of all time! And sounds good to me. Going with the original abilities provides the option to expand into the others down the line at least, maybe more naturally than the other way around would.

I think based on the interest in <12 hours I can say the game's past interest check and properly recruiting. Loving the enthusiasm thus far!

Wolfling72

Quote from: Sun Wukong on May 06, 2019, 03:37:39 PM
I'm sold at the surname Kravitz. Lenny's one of my favourite musicians of all time! And sounds good to me. Going with the original abilities provides the option to expand into the others down the line at least, maybe more naturally than the other way around would.

I think based on the interest in <12 hours I can say the game's past interest check and properly recruiting. Loving the enthusiasm thus far!

Query? In the original canon, Angel was saved by Wolverine who took her to the Xavier Institute. Should I be following that? (I don't see how it would be possible to do so, seeing as I wanna play her young...like 18 to 21) Since this will be a divergent timeline of sorts, it really shouldn't matter, should it?

ETA: ack, nevermind...the CS answered that for me.
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Totoro

Quote from: Wolfling72 on May 06, 2019, 04:40:49 PM
Query? In the original canon, Angel was saved by Wolverine who took her to the Xavier Institute. Should I be following that? (I don't see how it would be possible to do so, seeing as I wanna play her young...like 18 to 21) Since this will be a divergent timeline of sorts, it really shouldn't matter, should it?

ETA: ack, nevermind...the CS answered that for me.

I'm glad the CS did my job for me! You've got some space to do what you want to do with the background/history.

Wolfling72

Quote from: Sun Wukong on May 06, 2019, 05:00:21 PM
I'm glad the CS did my job for me! You've got some space to do what you want to do with the background/history.

Well...I couldn't wait until work...so you know...
you gotta thing...
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Totoro

Aethyrium

I will also float interest... Though I'll have to see who comes to mind.

Totoro

Quote from: Aethyrium on May 06, 2019, 09:30:23 PM
I will also float interest... Though I'll have to see who comes to mind.

Very happy to have the interest!

Aiden

Declaring my interest.

I would like to claim Wolverine and Tom Hardy as his face claim, please.
Most likely as an instructor who goes on missions/special ops when needed.

Totoro

Quote from: Aiden on May 07, 2019, 07:21:03 AM
Declaring my interest.

Glad to have the interest.

All the instructors do head out on missions. I was thinking of having a kind of black ops department. Or at least occasional times Nick Fury / SHIELD get a few of the more morally grey heroes to help him out.

Aiden

Well, now you have yourself a Logan for those type of missions!

Totoro

Quote from: Aiden on May 07, 2019, 07:31:34 AM
Well, now you have yourself a Logan for those type of missions!

Mhm! Looking forward to seeing what you do with him. He's quite an interesting one to have free reign to re-imagine a little, I think. Backstory wise.

Timeless

Quote from: Aiden on May 07, 2019, 07:21:03 AM
Declaring my interest.

You! CHOLO!

>-> Aren't you happy to see my pretty face, huh? Also, I'm taking X-23. We soooo need to talk.

Juggtacular

Is it possible to have Blue Marvel as my Instructor and his and Monica Rambeau(Spectrum's) son be the trainee?

Totoro

Quote from: Juggtacular on May 07, 2019, 09:15:11 AM
Is it possible to have Blue Marvel as my Instructor and his and Monica Rambeau(Spectrum's) son be the trainee?

It is. Of course it limits Marvel's age a little. And if someone wants to write Monica that's got to be left open. Whether they remained together is up to you though they don't even have to get on anymore.

Praxis

Hey there.

So if the Avengers were established in 2007.  What is the current year when the game starts (in theory)

:)

Juggtacular

Quote from: Sun Wukong on May 07, 2019, 09:23:03 AM
It is. Of course it limits Marvel's age a little. And if someone wants to write Monica that's got to be left open. Whether they remained together is up to you though they don't even have to get on anymore.

The good thing about Marvel is that his backstory can be kept almost exactly the same. He was a hero back in the day, but because he was black he had to wear a mask. When the mask got torn during a fight where he basically saved the planet, Kennedy had to ask him to resign since the world wasn't ready for a black man with that much power to be protecting them. So he went into self-exile, did all his background adventures, etc... and came back when his help was needed again. And due to the nature of his powers, he's basically immortal and stopped aging in his thirties.

Totoro

Quote from: Praxis on May 07, 2019, 09:25:07 AM
Hey there.

So if the Avengers were established in 2007.  What is the current year when the game starts (in theory)

:)

Just going to go with a 2019 start, so twelve years of time with The Avengers being around. Heroes on the whole have certainly been around quite a lot longer than that though.

Quote from: Juggtacular on May 07, 2019, 09:28:20 AM
The good thing about Marvel is that his backstory can be kept almost exactly the same. He was a hero back in the day, but because he was black he had to wear a mask. When the mask got torn during a fight where he basically saved the planet, Kennedy had to ask him to resign since the world wasn't ready for a black man with that much power to be protecting them. So he went into self-exile, did all his background adventures, etc... and came back when his help was needed again. And due to the nature of his powers, he's basically immortal and stopped aging in his thirties.

Definitely, that all fits and makes sense to me. Just wanted to note on the age front. It doesn't really affect Marvel much. The only time I've seen his age listed he was in his 80's.

Praxis

Juggtacular

Oh yeah he's super old. He fought in the Korean War and returned with full honors. It's just that since he's a walking anti-matter reactor...age ain't nothin but a number, lol.

Totoro

Quote from: Praxis on May 07, 2019, 09:35:21 AM
Rad.  Thanks man.

No problem!

Quote from: Juggtacular on May 07, 2019, 09:37:02 AM
Oh yeah he's super old. He fought in the Korean War and returned with full honors. It's just that since he's a walking anti-matter reactor...age ain't nothin but a number, lol.

He can start a club with Hyperion, for people who just don't age.

Juggtacular

Quote from: Sun Wukong on May 07, 2019, 09:39:32 AM
No problem!

He can start a club with Hyperion, for people who just don't age.

That's a good idea that has seriously depressing undertones. "What did you do today?" "Well I watched several loved ones die from old age, you?" "Ahhh ya know, coming to grips with the fact that I'll live until the end of it all." -deep collective sigh as they drink liquor from refilling mugs as they also can't get alcohol poisoning-

Totoro

Quote from: Juggtacular on May 07, 2019, 09:42:30 AM
That's a good idea that has seriously depressing undertones. "What did you do today?" "Well I watched several loved ones die from old age, you?" "Ahhh ya know, coming to grips with the fact that I'll live until the end of it all." -deep collective sigh as they drink liquor from refilling mugs as they also can't get alcohol poisoning-

It's actually even worse with Hyperion having actually lived through the end of it all.

Wolfling72

Okay you two are officially barred from commiserating together IC...

You will make kittens cry...
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's