D&D 3.5 Expedition to undermountain (No new applications, please.)

Started by Tamhansen, November 06, 2016, 09:44:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chulanowa

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 08, 2016, 01:01:31 PM
From those three pics my favorite is second and last one, albeit last one appears it could be a pretty male also (and first pic is nice but I think the rogue is a halfling). Also gorgeous pic choice there Carly :).

Yes, that's a halfling, and yes, that is a very pretty man.  ;D

Carly

can we have an official link to a stat generator calculator... there are several around on the net however one problem is they give different values for the same stats. Some start with 0 points for all your stats being 10, and you get additional points if you go less than that for a stat, others start at 8.

also if the book of erotic fantasy is being used, I know that there are spells etc for it.

I dont have the book so perhaps when I get spells the GM/DM can assign BoEF spells when the issue comes up?

Thats if we are using the book for more than just appearance stats?

Carly

CalliLurk both of your pictures are awesome but I prefer the first one personally.

by the sounds of it we might have a few mages/wizards/sorceresses and thats fine, even if we are mage heavy the good thing is that the mages can then sort out spells that cover a lot of things and we can always hire hirelings to be fighters/fodder.

Carly

HopeFox, by the sounds of it we might need someone that can go toe to toe with others. Besides a quiver of 20 arrows doesn't last long anyway :P

Miroque

Allian was quiet but bright student of master Ronan. Ronan, old wizard working on planar studies with the mysterious forces down south. Allian never really knew her parents, but it is known to her, that  they were adventurers who fought against some raising evil in the deserts of Amn. They left their newborn baby to their friend for to be raised in safety if something happened to them. And something did, but noone know what.

Her adolecent years in Waterdeep have only build her spirit for adventure, yet the city was safeish ,and not offering many changes for youngling like her.

Allian is beutiful and witty young girl, but her best asset is her uncanny intelligence.

Character Sheet

Muse

Let's see.  I spy a wizard and a bard, so far. 

If it's not too late to apply, can someone help me figure out what's most useful? 

Someone has brought a ranger, ne? 

Um... 

And was someone seriously going to apply wiht a cleric of Shar? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Muse

Talinda Embersong

LG Human Female Cleric 1 of Kosuth

Str   12  +1   
Dex   12  +1
Con   12  +1
Int   12  +1
Wis   15  +2
Chrs   12  +1
App   14  +2

Hit Points:  9

Armor Class:  15 (Armor +2, Dexterity +1, Shield +2)
--Armor: Leather Armor (Bodice, skirt, and jacket.) 
--Shield: Heavy Wooden

Saving Throws: 
--Fortitude      2 + 1 + 0 + 0 =d20+3
--Reflex         0 + 1 + 0 + 0 =d20+1
--Will           2 + 2 + 0 + 0 =d20+4

Base Attack +0
--Melee    +1
--Missile   +1

Attacks:
Dagger
--Attack Roll d20+1
--Damage Roll d4+1
--Critical    19-20 x2
--Range       10'
--Amo         1

Dart
--Attack Roll d20+1
--Damage Roll d4+1
--Critical    20x2
--Range       20'
--Amo         10

Mace, Heavy
--Attack Roll d20+1
--Damage Roll d8+1
--Critical    20x2

Class: 
Domain: Fire
Domain: Renewal
Turn Undead 4/day

Feats: 
Augment Healing
FIRE DEVOTION [DOMAIN]
   You can burn your enemies with your melee attacks.
Benefit: Once per day as a swift action, you can sheathe
your body in red and orange fl ames. The fi re does not harm you, but you illuminate the nearby area as a torch would.  While you are thus alight, each of your melee attacks deals 1 extra point of fire damage + 1 point for every three character levels you possess (maximum +7 at 18th level). This effect lasts for 1 minute.
Any foe injured by this fire ignites and burns for an additional 1d4 points of fi re damage per round unless it succeeds on a Reflex save (DC 10 + 1/2 your character level + your Cha modifier). A burning creature can take a move action to automatically douse the flames.
Special: You can select this feat multiple times, gaining one additional daily use each time you take it.
Special: If you have the ability to turn or rebuke undead, you gain one additional daily use of this feat for each two daily turn or rebuke uses you expend.

Skills: 
Concentration         4 + 1 + 0 + 0 =d20+5
Craft: Brewer          4 + 1 + 0 + 0 =d20+5
Diplomacy              1 + 1 + 0 + 0 =d20+2     
Heal                   4 + 2 + 0 + 0 =d20+6
Kn. Religion           2 + 1 + 0 + 0 =d20+3
Prof. Barmaid          1 + 2 + 0 + 0 =d20+3

Spellcasting: 
D.  Burning Hands
1.  Divine FAvor
2.  Shield of Faith

Orisons
1.  Light
2.  Mending
3.  Purify Food and Drink

Stuff: 
Containers: 
--Backpack
--Belt Pouch

Garb: 
--Artisan's Outfit
--Barmaid's Outfit (Entertainers)
--Cleric's Vestments
--Explorer's Outfit

Gear: 
--Artisan's Tools (Brewer)
--Bedroll and Winter Blanket
--Candle x7
--Chalk x3
--Flint and Steel
--Sun Rod x3
--Tinder Twig x5

Magical Items: 
--Holy Symbol of Kosuth, Ornamental (25gp)

Platinum 3
Gold     5
Silver   2
Copper   10

History: 
--Talyrand Embersong was driven from the kosuthian monestary where he resided as a young man over theological diferences with the leadership.  Like any Fire Walker, Talyrand saw life as an endless crucible in which he would be tested and purified and argued the superiority of the element of fire. 

Talyrand also preached that the power of fire to purify was not something reserved for the faithful, but a healing force that could be used for the betterment of Toril. 

After some years as an iternerant adventuring preacher, he settled in Waterdeep.  Here, rather than pursue the life of a smith, he used his savings and his skill at the spiritually edifying practice of brewing to open a tavern and resteraunt called Jubilee.  Along with good drink, Jubilee serves fondue and a varity of flamign deserts.  There is also a small shrine to kosuth in the back, and people can come here seeking minor miracles of healing--and the purchase of healing potions--from Talyrand and his children. 

The youngest of these, is Talinda Embersong.  For several years now, she has worked as a tavern maid at Jubilee and provided minor magcial intercessions for the faithful.  Instructed by her father in a variety of combat styles, the young redhead aspires to put herself to the test in the crcuible of life, both for her own edification and to prove her father's teachings. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

HopeFox

Melee-based half-elf ranger with a city guard bent it is, then! I may end up taking the archery fighting style anyway and be decent at both, especially since I think he might use a halberd instead of two light weapons.

Should I put a character sheet together already, Tamhamsen? How many players are you intending to recruit?
If you're such an iconoclast, where were you when we trashed Constantinople?

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=358012.0

CalliLurk

Almost done with my sheet! Just got Equipment to mess with. *groans*

Cataclysmic Archangel

Quote from: Muse on November 09, 2016, 01:04:38 AM
    And was someone seriously going to apply wiht a cleric of Shar?

I was originally going for an illusionist wizard and my back up was cleric. Both were based around Shar and the Shadow Weave. As there's already a sheeted cleric and wizard on the board, and I'm still out of town until tomorrow unable to create anything, it seems timing is everything, and I'll wait for another campaign to come around.

Tamhansen

I'll select five players. Ill try to get a mix of classes and characters to make a good working group.
ons and offs

They left their home of summer ease
Beneath the lowland's sheltering trees,
To seek, by ways unknown to all,
The promise of the waterfall.

CalliLurk

Mara was born in a small village in the Dales and lived a normal farmgirl's life. The normal fun, the normal trouble,  the normal life. At 14 was when her abilities first manifested on the way to the market with her mother. They were set upon by brigands and she held her hand out and little sparkles formed in before the bandit dazing him long enough to run.When word had spread about what had happened her parents told her to run. They packed her off and she fled. In time she had some how made it to Baldur's Gate. She found work at a tavern there, The Elfsong Tavern, serving drinks and cleaning rooms. Once it was revealed she knew a little of the arcane arts the owner of the tavern allowed her to clean up a pest problem under her place.

Once she reached 17 however stories of Waterdeep had reached her and she heard of all the wondrous tales of the city. It sounded like magic. It was then she finally decided that she needed more and off she went to Waterdeep to find something of the magic she was hearing about. She had hoped to find a school that would accept her but she wasn't exactly approved  for anything and ended up working at the Yawning Portal serving drinks and keeping the place clean once again. It wasn't what she had hoped for but it was a start. Some of the stories though made her itch to  do something more, especially the ones about Undermountain.

She is a quiet little thing till you get her to open up to you and then she doesn't stop talking or even flirting with the right clientele. Even with as friendly as she is there seems to be something hidden within her that makes her seem darker then what she is normally.

Carly

i dont know pathfinder and I was told by another you can have max 4 rank in any given skill in level 1 (Max ranks on Class skill = 3+lvl) 1rank/level = Pathfinder rule.

So ... is that allowed, or we playing 3.5 but not pathfinder (I dont know pathfinder)

Re Z L

Quote from: Carly on November 09, 2016, 05:13:34 PM
i dont know pathfinder and I was told by another you can have max 4 rank in any given skill in level 1 (Max ranks on Class skill = 3+lvl) 1rank/level = Pathfinder rule.

So ... is that allowed, or we playing 3.5 but not pathfinder (I dont know pathfinder)

Pathfinder simplifies skill ranks by getting rid of the Character Level + 4 maximum that 3.5 has and does things a little differently aside from that.

In 3.5 you have a maximum amount of ranks you can put in a skill equal to your Character Level + 4.  This is why level 1 gives you a number of ranks to distribute x 4.  (explained a bit more here:  http://www.d20srd.org/srd/skills/skillsSummary.htm )

So, a level 1 Bard gets (6 + Int Mod) x 4

In your case that's...  (6+2)x4 = 32 points to spend.  Looks like you've spent 19 which means you've got another 13 to spend.

There's a handful of skills that are usually good to keep maxed out as you level.  Did you need help?
A&A

wander

I also posted upthread (end of prior page) a Human Rogue, though I'm wondering how useful they'll be, skills-wise. I concentrated them with ranged attacks.

I'm also pondering (unless I missed it) about point generation, as there's quite a few rulings out there and I only have the 3.5 Player's Handbook, not the Dungeon Master Guide which contains that stuff.

Re Z L

Quote from: wander on November 09, 2016, 06:59:37 PM
I also posted upthread (end of prior page) a Human Rogue, though I'm wondering how useful they'll be, skills-wise. I concentrated them with ranged attacks.

I'm also pondering (unless I missed it) about point generation, as there's quite a few rulings out there and I only have the 3.5 Player's Handbook, not the Dungeon Master Guide which contains that stuff.

Each has slightly different rules for Point Buy, 3.5 starts at 8 and you increase from there.  This should hopefully help:  http://www.myth-weavers.com/pointbuy.html
A&A

Carly

thanks for the offer to help, I have updated my characters skills and background now.

I am assuming 3 ranks plus level is the max ranks you can have right? So we can put 4 ranks in a skill when we start at level 1

Tamhansen

Yes indeed. Level + 3 for skills.

For those asking about the stuff from the Book of erotic fantasy, I'll have a list of spells and feats up later, but in reality they aren't all that useful outside the bedroom.
ons and offs

They left their home of summer ease
Beneath the lowland's sheltering trees,
To seek, by ways unknown to all,
The promise of the waterfall.

Chulanowa

Uff, with all the political crap, I seem to have fallen behind. Well. I have general ideas for what I'm doing, I just need to paper it all out (so to speak) so... guess that's work for tomorrow ><

Muse

Quote from: Carly on November 09, 2016, 05:13:34 PM

Meep!  Hope I didn't confuse you by relating a confusion of my own, Carly.  It wasn't my intention. 

Thank you again for noticing that I'd missed the Concentration skill. 

Re Z L

I'll try and piece something together too, probably with the aim of being a front-line sort of person (cleric maybe)
A&A

wander

Quote from: Re Z L on November 09, 2016, 08:29:55 PM
Each has slightly different rules for Point Buy, 3.5 starts at 8 and you increase from there.  This should hopefully help:  http://www.myth-weavers.com/pointbuy.html

This is perfect, thanks ReZ!  :-)

I should very likely have the character all restatted and ready by tomorrow, if that's okay!

Fey

Hi! I'd like to join but I have some questions.

1)How will character defeat be handled? Do characters die for good when they hit -10 HP?

2)How much and what kind of sexual content do you plan to have?

I am thinking of something based on either one of these pics.

http://s1246.photobucket.com/user/ysariel66/media/46465F55-0140-4F52-B81C-019DB9C0B408.png.html

http://s1246.photobucket.com/user/ysariel66/media/8ABEB99F-2797-4E24-BB2C-3EB2F5DFB84F.png.html

Miroque

@GM: What is going to be the selection date for apps ? And when is this going to get started ? :)