News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Reborn: Original fantasy for small group.

Started by Sabby, November 10, 2007, 09:04:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

Backstory and setting.

This is not the only realm. There exists thousands, and some have even become aware of this fact. Two of these realms have warred for longer then can be remembered by mortals, one of great evil and searing suns, and the other a dark realm of eternal night. Day and Night. The realms of Dreadscape and Darkplane.

While the demonic realm of Dreadscape wishes to extend its burning hand to all demensions, Darkplane was relatively peaceful until it was forced into this conflict. They learnt the ways of war quickly, and repeled the invasion of they're home, though they had lost much... they're home was in ruins. It was then they swore to follow the Dreadscape's warpath and aid all those that came under its twisted, scorching, greedy eyes.

And now that conflict is coming to Achorus. Your home. You know nothing of other worlds, and such an attack, even with Darkplanes aid, will surly destroy all you know and love. The grass will give way to cracked desert and rivers of lava. The sky will burn and fire will rain upon the cities, while any resistance will be decimated... if this comes to pass, and Dreadscape enters your world, you, and everything you cherish, will be destroyed.

There is a catch. For entrance to this realm, the humans must open they're barriers and allow them in. For this, a demon was sent to Achorus, and he took the form of a human. Spreading his vile influence, a cult was quickly formed on false promises and religious fervor, bringing in the hateful and tainted to help open the barriers. It was called The Covenant of the Searing Hand.

In response, Darkplane did likewise, gathering the good and virtious to form a group to oppose this move and secure Achorus' barriers. It was named the Sisterhood of Silent Nights.

Unable to expose themselves, the conflict was kept covert and secret. Finally, it was time for them to face. The messengers of Dreadscape and Darkplane met in battle, they're armies behind them, and much was shed, but ultimately, this conflict boiled down to the two Godlike Messengers, wearing the guise of humans. Finally, Dreadscape prevailed, and as Darkplane lay dying before him, he used the last of his strength and impaled the demon with his sword, trapping both of they're souls within the blade.

The act was collosul, and a great gash was ripped in the planets surface. The sword was lost to the chasm, and the Covenant and Sisterhood retreated to secrecy, waiting for when, and if they would be needed again. Achorus was safe... for now.

And now, the story starts with a young boy, 17, dared by his friends to climb down the great chasm, which was said to be haunted. He accepts, and as he descends, he hears the call... the Sword of Dread and Dark is calling on him. When he discovers it, he becomes comatose, and when he finally awakes, he is in a strange town. They have treated him, and take him into they're extended, friendly family, for he is an orphan.

But things are not as they seem... there is something strange about this town. There is more to it then is seen on the surface, that is sure, and the great conflict of Searing Hand and Silents Night will come to be reborn, both vying for the boy, for he is both they're Gods, both they're enemies, and will be the bringer of damnation or the savior of all of Achorus.

The game.

The game could begin just as the bet is made if you choose, or we could skip right to his awakening. I will control all NPCs where nesacary, and if you wish, you may control your own where it will work for you. I will develope some main characters as the game goes, but I won't be playing the boy. I'd like to see him become a Savior rather then a Damner, so perhaps he could be taken in by the evil and later wise up and join the good guys.

It is freeform, and there will be fights. It is a dark story, and there will be many instances where blades cross and corpses burn. Any sexual activity I'd like to keep light. Bondage, powerplay, group, I'm actually ok with anything consensual, but please, no rape or cruelty.

I'm looking for another 2 people to join me. I hope you like the backstory and would be interested in seeing how the plot unfolds.

Cosmo_ac

ok.  I'll give the role of the male lead a try.  I'm curious to see how this turns out :D

Sabby

I have a good idea of how the plot will roll along... but I work best if I make it up as I go strangely enough. Welcome to Sisterhood of Silent Nights!

Sabby

Ok, Cosmo has suggested I explain some of the possibilities for the third role. There will be a character watching the boy undercover, a Sister of Slient Nights, and in her human form (she is human) she will study him and report back to the Sisters. She has a form given to her by her Sisterhood, a sort of anti-demon. In this form, she can expose herself without fear of being found out.

So... it would make sense that a similar woman, of the Covenant, is also watching him. Both girls, undercover, would make an interesting game of cat and mouse, both trying to find the other one out, and occasionally coming to blows in their Demon/Anti-Demon forms.