RP Brainstorm (Closed)

Started by FireWave, March 10, 2013, 07:16:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FireWave

Hmm. That could be either good or bad. :P You still sound a little professional though... ;) Yes, that sounds like a plan.

Name: Clarina Classidare Chloe (First name only) Usually just called 'Eagle'
Species: Human
Appearance: Eagle has dark brown hair that is cut short with no bangs- it reaches down to her earlobes, and she hardly ever has to tie it up because because of it's short length it doesn't fall into her eyes or anything. Her nose is broken from a squabble with a classmate, it doesn't lean over too badly to one side but it is quite evident that it was broken sometime in her life though. She is pretty tan from all the time she's spent outdoors, and she has a scar on her cheek from yet another fight she had gotten into. Her eyebrows are the same color as her hair, and they are pretty standard, not being overly bushy or skinny or anything. She is pretty tall, but not overly, and she is quite slim. Her arms and legs have evidence of muscle there, and indeed she can pack a blow. Last but certainly not least is the feature that got Eagle her nickname. Her eyes are a strange yellow color- and as one boy handily pointed out one day rather looked like an eagle's. The name stuck.
Personality: Eagle is very quick tempered, and gets angry very quickly, though it is equally as easy to please her. Eagle tends to be reserved towards strangers, and if you ask her a question she will respond with a blank stare or short answer. (If you don't know her, of course.) She has a habit of nosing around, and has very keen ears. She craves adventure, and loves getting her hands dirty in whatever mess that may be available. Eagle is very violent, and the first answer she sees to a situation is blood-shed. And she can fight. Eagle tends to be very passive about decisions that she isn't interested in and will follow orders, but when it comes to war-fare and things she is interested she will fight for her opinion about the situation. Not being the best to explain her thoughts, she doesn't always win these arguments, but when she does, it works out. Usually, anyways. Eagle often does before she actually thinks about what she is doing, which can turn out very bad for her, since she is an expert at attacking, but not so much with defending, leading to her many injuries, broken bones and scars. That doesn't put her out though, not at the least.
Weapons: Eagle knows the basics of some classic weapons like the cross-bow and knives, and she likes to practice with the knives, but she does prefer guns by far. Her father was a hunter so they went out hunting a lot, resulting in her becoming a pretty capable shot. She isn't that good at knowing when to run away and quit though. Not at all. Every fight is a fight to the death for her.
Other: She isn't that agile at all, and while she can run quickly at short distances she can't run long distances. Also, she has a fear of the water, and while she'll try to hide it she refuses to swim. Ever. And if you push her into the water, any good intentions that you have ever had from her go 'poof' within the matter of seconds.

Kulgree

*nods and chuckles* Formal writing style will do that.

Alright, I'm off to bed, but I'll post in mine tomorrow!

FireWave

Ah yes, that would probably explain it. :P

Okay, goodnight! Have a nice rest! :)

TheHangedOne

Will fill the rest of this out later this evening.

Name: Henrik Raubriter
Species: Changeling
Appearance:

Personality: Gregarious, but introverted, Henrik loves a good fight as much as he loves to philosophize and study. His Fae heritage has left him with some interesting gifts and curses, and while he does not fully understand the extent of his abilities or why he has them, he is on his way towards figuring it out.
Other:
Because he is a Faerie child raised by humans, he is technically not a human at all, despite appearances.
He ages very slowly (about half as slow as regular humans).
His blood is very nourishing to vampires, and is quite tasty; however, too much of it can produce an intoxicated state.
He knows a bit of "Glamour"; Prestidigitation magic. Good for minor tricks, but nothing substantial.
Is very resilient to physical harm; however, cold-forged iron is deadly to him. Just being in its presence can dampen his powers, and even idle contact with it can leave horrible wounds on him, similar to chemical burns.
Can not willingly tell a direct lie.
Immune to most forms of supernatural mind-trickery.
Can detach and reattach his head  (He is a Dullahan's child, whom are known to be headless).
Disquieted by pure gold.
Can instinctively sense when someone within his proximity (about thirty feet) is in a state close to death.

Equipment: Henrik prefers to wear a padded leather jacket with chainmail sewn into it. The fine lattice of steel chains marginally increases its weight (and makes a delightful little jingling sound as he moves), but it can take a lot of power out of small caliber guns, and offers a great deal of protection from slashing and even stabbing attacks. He typically wears a wife-beater underneath, and denim pants. Leather riding gloves with metal knuckle guards, and steel-toed workman boots complete his typical ensemble, providing him with stylish light armor that goes well with the fact that his chosen method of transportation is a motorcycle.

For weapons, Henrik is more than capable as a brawler, but knows that some times, you need a good, stout blade. He carries a thirteen inch dagger, as well as a 30 inch long, thick Scottish rapier, with a basket-swept hilt. This particular rapier has a very complex hand-guard that fully protects the hand wielding it, and also makes it very difficult for him to be disarmed.

When it comes to ranged combat, he prefers to use throwing knives, which he has six of.; two in ankle sheathes, two in wrist sheathes, and two along the small of his back.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

bubby

Sorry! Just woke up.

Vampire.. I'm going with vampire. I have questions though, but  need coffee...

TheHangedOne

Hmm, I'm looking forward to seeing your character, bubby.  :-) Also, hello!
Check out my poet tree!

bubby

Hello sweets! *Hugs* I'm off to gain some fund-age for food-age, and when I return I hope to be able to get at char sheet beginning before I head to work. BBL!

Avalon29

I'll be human and I'll put up a character sheet as soon as I can.

bubby

I hope this is acceptable! I'm off to work for the night.

Name: Fyrlyn Connely
Species: Vampire

Appearance:

Personality: Fyrlyn (pronounced feer-lyn) is cold and emotionless. She is also just the smallest bit twisted. She came from a time when survival was hard, her humanity was stripped from her, and she was forced to re-learn how to survive and 'live' on her own. This made her hard, and fearless. Being long lived has also allowed her to know of the pain of loss from a myriad of aspects, and she has found it easier to deal with her existence by keeping any and all at arms length, so to speak. She treats everyone with the same amount of disdain, and doesn't care to make friends. And her enemies simply die...

Other: Fyrlyn was chosen by her Coven for this endeavor, much to her chagrin. She is well versed in guns and blades, a machine in combat. She is fast healing, especially right after feeding. She can jump, climb, run and move with the agility only her kind can offer. Daylight is anathema of course. Feeding for her is not completely essential for survival, given her age, but she can and will go into a blood lust in the right circumstances, or around the right person.

Avalon29

I hope this is alright.

Name: Kylen Dunbar

Species: Human

Appearance: Kylen is skinny and lithe with a boyish face. He has thick dark brown hair of medium length which curls slightly around his ears. These features combined with his dark brown eyes which gleam with curiosity give him an innocent look. He has fair skin and tends to wear loose comfortable that allow him to move around easily.

Personality:  Kylen is a cheerful and curious individual. He has a deep fascination with the occult and has studied everything he could get his hands on about the subject. One of the main reasons he volunteered for this mission was for the chance to interact with the supernatural in a way that he wouldn’t have gotten a chance to otherwise. His curiosity gets him in trouble sometimes as he tends to lose himself when examining something that catches his interest and he has a tendency to open doors and touch things that aren't supposed to be touched.

Other: Kylen tends to try and avoid direct combat when possible but, when it’s not he prefers to pepper the enemy with gunfire a safe distance from the stronger Kylen’s studies of the occult have given him some knowledge about most species weakness as well as knowledge of a few basic written sigils. His informal studies have also given him a basic understanding of magic and while he’s not able to use magic he’s usually able to understand the intention of a spell.

Doncamiel

Hmm, think I'm actually going to change to a mage. Much as I want to do the werewolf, the idea I have for him will do nothing but tip this group over the edge, and I'd rather balance than tip :)

FireWave

Everybody's characters are looking good! :) *Goes to update list*

TheHangedOne

By the way, in regards to what 'side' my character is on: I believe he should actually be on the human's side (and initially, there might be some confusion), simply because he doesn't know what the hell he is (he has no supernatural community to associate with; so it makes sense to take refuge in humanity, where he's been all along).

Does that make sense?
Check out my poet tree!

Doncamiel

Name: Jacqueline Drew (Jax to her friends)
Species: human (but gifted with mage powers)
Appearance:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Personality: Jax is a little too sure of herself. As a child prodigy she still has a big head, seeing herself as the god's gift to mage-kind. If you can get past that though, she's a pretty fun kid, easy going and friendly, not to mention a big fan of wordplay. She doesn't easily get angry, but she does have a couple triggers that will jump her right from laughter to shooting you in the face with a fireball. Or a gun. Whichever is faster.
Other: Jax, while a gifted mage, isn't afraid to carry around a pair of pistols and a small arsenal of knives. Though she's been in little direct combat, she's learned that there are instances where it's just faster and safer to pop off a bullet than call up a spell. The knives...well those can come in handy most anywhere. Due to her very self-assured nature her master has decided she needs to see first hand what the world is really like. He's sent her on this mission the minute she's come of age to attempt to teach her humility, though at this point it may be to late for that.

TheHangedOne

Since everybody else is making mention of weapons, I have edited my previous post to give Henrik armor and weapons.  :-)
Check out my poet tree!

Kulgree

Name: Pez
Species: Wererat
Appearance:
Wererat Human
Personality: Inquisitive and friendly. His rather large family, even by rat standards, has left him with little reason to be careful within the warrens and tunnels he usually inhabits. He often takes risks when he feels he is in his element. His demeanor take a sharp turnaround when he feels that he is out of his depth. He becomes frightened and careful to the extreme and will make every attempt to hide, or return to where he believes he has the advantage.
Other: Like most lycantropes, he is very cavalier about nudity. Often times completely forgetting he is nude until it is pointed out, and even then he doesn't rush to find coverings. When he does dress he tends toward clothing that is far too large for him. Being the fourteenth son in his family (thirty-second child born) he has never been in stiff competition to become Warren Father (Leader of the clan) and has gone mostly ignored by his older brothers and sisters. His younger siblings, however, adore him. All twenty-three of them. He has skilled fingers in either form and has made a habit of pinching small items and simple mechanisms to make toys for them.  He isn't a stranger to fist, or claw, fights and views most as a game. He has little experience with ranged weapons, especially firearms, beyond throwing improvised weapons. He is, however, excellent at improvising hand to hand weapons from his surroundings, and even better at laying in ambush. He was sent by his Warren Father as the token aid he'd promised to assist with the mission.

TheHangedOne

New picture for my character... and that's enough with me editing things, hahaha.
Check out my poet tree!

Doncamiel

And with everyone's character's posted, I have one mildly important question...

What's our plot? Our reason for getting together? Is it human v. creatures or are we brought together by some strange calamity?

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

Kulgree

And with that, if we go for the original idea, who is the third group and what are they gaining from the overall chaos and war?

Doncamiel

Quote from: FireWave on March 10, 2013, 04:44:03 PM
Hello there! :)

Oooo, I love vampires... And the occasional werewolf. Okay, I think I have an idea here.

The world is going to war. There are two main parties- the humans, and the 'supernaturals'. (Aka the vamps and wolfs and stuff) This may seem a little unfair on the humans, but they have technology to back them up. Anyways, there is a third party that very very few know about. This party is relying on the chaos of war to bring them a victory. So what do the people do that know about this third party from the other parties? Well. They don't tell anybody else except a few select others and the two teams assemble a group of 'heros' (our characters) to get rid of the third party while the other two parties are fighting.

Anybody like that? :P

Okay, I missed this bit, Fire do you think you can stick this into the first post if this is something we're gonna be wanting to do?

For the third party bit...anyone read Neil Gaiman's "American Gods"? If not and you wanna be prepared for a...kinda...spoiler? With me trying to be as vague as possible but it's kinda a huge point so...yeah...
He takes the idea of "dedicating a sacrifice" to a god, to help that god gain power. The sacrifice is basically the chaos of battle. In a way...trying to explain it in a way that isn't too spoilery...

Avalon29

I've read American Gods it's one of my favorites.

I like that idea. It seems like it could work.

Kulgree

I've not read the book, but I like the overall idea!

bubby

*Wanders in to see things have moved on a bit, nods in satisfaction, pokes Hanged and makes him change his pic back, and slips back to the shadows.*

FireWave

HangedMan - Okay, I'll go edit your characters listing then. ;)

Doncamiel - Sure, haha. And yes, they are all drawn together by the third party, which doesn't have a name right now, but can have one. And yes, I love that idea! I have heard of the book, but I haven't actually read it. :)

Kulgree - God grief, that's a lot of siblings. :P But then, I suppose rats come in large litters... XD

*Goes to do all the editing to posts promised*