Looking for a Small based party. [Pathfinder Group]

Started by OyabunKobold, August 21, 2018, 11:45:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chanticleer

Quote from: schnookums on October 04, 2018, 07:07:12 PM
Ugh, I've been hit with some bad stuff at work, but I'm almost done. Should be able to finish her off tomorrow at the latest.

Glad to hear it, Schnookums.
My current O/os (need work)

Conundrum

Quote from: schnookums on October 04, 2018, 07:07:12 PM
Ugh, I've been hit with some bad stuff at work, but I'm almost done. Should be able to finish her off tomorrow at the latest.

No problem was planning to put the IC up either late tomorrow after my D&D group or early Saturday.
If I have not responded to a post in 4 days, send me a PM as I may have missed it.

Laughing Ocelots

While I understand that this group is already underway, I would like to throw my hat in the ring for if a replacement player is ever needed. Pathfinder is one of my more experienced systems and the inclusion of a few kobolds only further catches my interest.

OyabunKobold

I would say probably throw a character together as soon as you can then. Cause We were hoping to start In Character posting as of tonight or Tomorrow morning. :3 The first post has the restrictions of races.

Currently owed posts: 0/0 | Currently owed Pms: 0| Currently owed offline posts: 0/0
Current Roleplay capacity 0/0

Laughing Ocelots

A character but no full sheet yet, just a loose outline. Rose would be a shield-wielding warrior with a little bit of magic, and would be all about experiencing new things with new people. Somewhere between being extremely naive and just being extremely open to anything.

Name: Riotous Rosewood
Nickname: Rose
Race: Wyrwood, with 3rd party Emotional trait
Class: Occultist
Alignment: CG
Basic Appearance: Rose has a peculiar body, for a wyrwood. Her body is highly articulated, intricately detailed, and modeled after that of a kobold, instead of the more conventional mammalian body most have. She's made of soft pink wood that gives her a pleasantly welcoming appearance that is often paired with a smile at meeting new people or things. If it comes down to a scrap, her smile becomes a bit scary, flashing teeth as she swings about the great shield she uses as both armor and weapon.
Basic Personality: Rose is as warm as her passive appearance would suggest her to be, all due to a quirk in her construction that allows for more... tangled and illogical thoughts. And feelings. Paired with her unusual body, this grew into a wanderlust within the little robot, a constant drive to meet new people and experience new cultures that the (to her) constrained wyrwoods just weren't scratching. Not that other wyrwoods are bad, just that there's so much more out there.
Basic Background: Rioutous Rosewood was made by her creator as an experiment in creating a new line of wyrwoods who could serve as fiercer, more adept protectors of the remote construct enclaves. She was successful at that too, but the parts that made her a good warrior, her strength and passion primarily, also made her disruptive to the small community. She loved them, for that was definitely what it was, but they did not and could not return the sentiment. Could not understand it. Rose wanted more... everything, and her creator and her home could not provide that. So she left, seeking out the 'accursed' chaotic world of the living, hoping that she'd be able to find what she was looking for there.
A few goals for adventuring:

• Meet all kinds of people and things and learn all about them
  • Make more wyrwoods that are like her
  • Find some stalwart companions to protect
  • Try to get by in the crazy world

Character Sheet
Ability Scores
Str 18 (+4)
Dex 16 (+3)
Con -- (--)
Int 16 (+3)
Wis 12 (+1)
Cha 5 (-3)

HP: 30 Armor Class (AC/TAC/FFAC): 23/14/20  CMD: 18
Initiative Bonus: +3 Senses: Percep +7, Darkvision 60 feet, Low-Light Vision
Speed: 20ft 
Saving Throws: Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +4
Immunities: Fort Effects that do not affect objects, life stuff
Class/Racial Abilities/Choices: Emotional, Implements (Abjuration x1, Transmutation x1, Trappings of the Warrior), Mental Focus, Object Reading, Focus Powers (Sudden Speed, Counterstrike)
Chosen Feats: Power Attack, Improved Shield Bash
Traits: Clever Wordplay (Diplomacy), Pragmatic Activator
Skills
(7/level)
Diplomacy +9 (3 ranks, CS, uses INT)
Knowledge (Arcana) +9 (3 ranks, CS)
Linguistics +9 (3 ranks, CS)
Perception +7 (3 ranks, CS)
Spellcraft +9 (3 ranks, CS)
Stealth +7 (3 ranks, Small, Armor Check Penalty)
Use Magic Device +10 (3 ranks, CS, uses INT, +1/2 Level)

Equipment and items: +1 Heavy Mirthal Shield with Masterwork Shield Spikes, Masterwork Mountain Pattern Armor; Scroll of Infernal Healing x4, Scroll of Make Whole; Barbarian's Kit, Medium Tent
GP: 1
Attacks: Masterwork Spiked Shield +8 (1d4+6, x2)
Expendables: Mental Focus (6/6)
Spellcasting (CL 3, DC 13+SL)
Knacks: Mending, Resistance
1st Level (4/4): Alarm, Feather Fall, Liberating Command
2nd Level (-/-): Make Whole, Node of Blasting, Rope Trick
3rd Level (-/-): Dispel Magic, Fly, Haste
4th Level (-/-): Dimensional Anchor, Enchantment Foil, Rapid Repair
5th Level (-/-): Awaken Construct, Overland Flight, Greater Dispel Magic
6th Level (-/-): Control Construct, Disintegrate, Globe of Invulnerability

SLAs (CL 3, DC 5+SL)
At-will: Object Reading (1 minute, Detect Magic on item with auto success)

OyabunKobold

Currently owed posts: 0/0 | Currently owed Pms: 0| Currently owed offline posts: 0/0

Chanticleer

Quote from: lusciousonly on October 05, 2018, 02:29:46 PM
A character but no full sheet yet, just a loose outline. Rose would be a shield-wielding warrior with a little bit of magic, and would be all about experiencing new things with new people. Somewhere between being extremely naive and just being extremely open to anything.

Name: Riotous Rosewood

Neat! Never seen a Wyrwood character before that I can remember.

Laughing Ocelots

Quote from: Chanticleer on October 07, 2018, 03:16:17 PM
Neat! Never seen a Wyrwood character before that I can remember.

Unfortunately, wyrwoods tend to be in that niche where they’re both quite strong against some things (immune to most fortitude based saving throws and most of the painful will saves) while also being weak in vital areas (low HP from a lack of constitution, and immediate destruction if they reach 0 hp, no easy healing). In a normal party of rough and tumble folks, that means they get killed pretty easily.

But they’re still really cool, and I feel like they could fit the party and the world pretty well. Plus remove some of those immunities with the racial trait to boot. Just seemed like a fun choice for a weird, but fun, character.

Of course, that’s just for GM consideration - I understand that the group is already fairly large and things have gotten started, so it’s quite fine if she’s just on the back burner if a new character is needed.

Chanticleer

And a kobold-shaped wyrwood is going to be nearly impossible to find art for.

I did do a little peeking around, though. It may not be what you want, but I found these guys by Sefeiren:

Bibliophilia

OyabunKobold

I think the game at this point has started and is open to characters being made to be in reserve but outside of that IC is started. Its up to Conundrum

Chanticleer

Quote from: Bibliophilia on October 08, 2018, 12:00:34 AM
Is this game still open to new characters?

Glee! ItsaBib!

You'll have to ask Con (but I hope so!).

Conundrum

If I have not responded to a post in 4 days, send me a PM as I may have missed it.

Bibliophilia

Chanticleer

Bibliophilia

Name: Cinna Opalescence
Nicknames: Cin; Opal
Sex: Female; Omnisexual
Race: Gnome
Class: Oracle
Alignment: True Neutral
Deity: Gozreh
Level: 3
EXP:

Basic Appearance: Cin does not allow anyone of even minor importance to see her in disarray.  She dresses in fine clothing of expensive materials, meticulously grooms herself each morning, bathes regularly no matter the conditions, always smells pleasant and favors beautiful jewelry.  Her dark, supple skin and large, green eyes compliment the various shades of her hair and the dazzling whiteness of her straight, strong teeth.  Her limbs are pleasingly soft and shapely, and her stomach has a subtle convexity; her hips are rounded and the perfect shape for gripping.  She fills out the bodice of her dresses to perfection, though some small part of that must be afforded to the corset that cinches her already slender waist and keeps her posture upright.  Her smiles are warm, intimate and genuine; her voice a husky, sensual, feminine murmur.

Personality:  It's often difficult to parse the 'real' Cinna from the persona she adopts in order to charm others or manipulate them to her desires.  Some, those who have not spent much time with her, might easily dismiss her as a vain, self-centered, vapid creature more concerned with the lay of her dress or the price of her jewels than anything else.  While she would admit to a measure of vanity, she would deny any selfishness or vapidity on her part.  She uses the gifts afforded her by her beauty, grace and intellect to their advantage, adapting to whatever situation she finds herself in and making the most of it however possible.  Sometimes this means manipulating others, charming them, or utilizing her body to gain the upper hand.  However, she cares deeply for those less fortunate and takes pleasure from providing succor and relief to those in pain.  She takes pride in her skills, and those powers granted by Gozreh, and finds false humility nearly as tiresome as arrogance.

Basic Background Cin was the only daughter of a wealthy Gnomish merchant and his wife.  As a result, she was raised in relative luxury and spoiled by her parents.  She was lovely, and this afforded her special treatment by the others in her town, as well, and she grew to expect the very best in life.  Fine clothing, jewels, food, lovers and accommodations all had to meet her lofty expectations in order to please her.

She was a spoiled brat, basically.  Then the war tore her world asunder.  Their town became a kind of barracks for the wounded and dying of the Dragonborn armies.  Her family was ousted from their beautiful house and forced to live in far less pleasant quarters with other Gnome families from all strata of society.  She and her mother were conscripted into nursing services and her father worked tirelessly in whatever manual labor they required of him at the time.  While it was largely awful, Cinna learned she had a natural gift for healing and soothing those in pain, which only grew as she worked to help the seemingly endless stream of soldiers from the battlefields.

Somewhere along the way, her natural gift became more...supernatural, and it was this - along with her beauty - that drew the eye of one of the Dragonborn commanders.  It wasn't long after he had decided to take her as his own that Cin found herself a member of his harem of women, her whole life once more turned upside down.  However, she was growing accustomed to adapting to unexpected changes, and this time she was determined to better her lot.  So, she used her charm, intellect and healing gifts to attain the position of the commander's favored woman.  She also proved invaluable as an asset on the field, able and willing to perform emergency surgery or field medicine in the midst of chaos and danger.

When the fight moved into the mountains, she was sent along with the kobold troops to keep them alive and fighting even in the smallest of tunnels.  Then, the end of the war came and once more turned her life on its head.  The Dragonborn commander, having been impressed by her bravery and skill, offered to keep her on as one of his lovers.  Over their time together, he had grown to respect her, however, and he didn't wish to keep her against her will, despite his feelings for her.  She declined his offer, and expressed a desire to return to her home and learn the fate of her parents, then find some way to remain useful in the aftermath of the war.

She didn't remain long in her former town, once she discovered that her father had been killed during the war and her mother was remarried.  She wasn't the same spoiled girl who had lived in that place, and she knew there was more to do out in the world...

• Learn more about herself and the origin of her gifts
  • Aid in healing the wounds left by the war
  • Find companions to help her along the way
  • Relearn to enjoy life
Connections:
Theme Song:

The Stats and Saves, Overview:
Stats, Saves, and Overview

Stats:
HP: 25/25
Str: 11 (0)
Dex: 15 (+2)
Con: 17 (+3)
Int: 15 (+2)
Wis: 17 (-3)
Cha: 20 (+5)
Senses: Low-Light Vision; Keen Senses
Attack Options: Masterwork Hanbo (1d4; 20/x2; Bashing; Finesse); Light Crossbow (1d6; 19-20/x2; Piercing; Ranged)
CMB: +1
AC:  16
TAC: 13
FFAC: 14
CMD:  13
Resistances:
Immunities: 
Fortitude Save: +4
Reflex Save: +3
Will: +6
Initiative: +3

Skills, Feats and Class Features:
Skills, Feats, And Class Features
Skills:
Languages: Common, Gnome, Sylvan, Draconic, Goblin
Skills: Bluff (+8), Diplomacy (+11), Heal (+13), Intimidate (+6), Knowledge {Local} (+9), Knowledge {Nobility} (+6), UMD (+10)

Racial Bonuses:
Defensive Training: Gnomes gain a +4 dodge bonus to AC against monsters of the giant subtype.
Gnome Magic: Gnomes add +1 to the DC of any saving throws against illusion spells that they cast. Gnomes with Charisma scores of 11 or higher also gain the following spell-like abilities: 1/day—dancing lights, ghost sound, prestidigitation, and speak with animals. The caster level for these effects is equal to the gnome's level. The DC for these spells is equal to 10 + the spell's level + the gnome's Charisma modifier.
Hatred: Gnomes receive a +1 bonus on attack rolls against humanoid creatures of the reptilian and goblinoid subtypes because of their special training against these hated foes.
Illusion Resistance: Gnomes gain a +2 racial saving throw bonus against illusion spells and effects.
Keen Senses: Gnomes receive a +2 racial bonus on Perception checks.
Obsessive: Gnomes receive a +2 racial bonus on a Craft or Profession skill of their choice.
Weapon Familiarity: Gnomes treat any weapon with the word "gnome" in its name as a martial weapon.
Feats:
Weapon Finesse (1st level)
Selective Channeling (3rd level)
Traits:
Civilized
Arcane Temper
Class Bonuses:

Mystery -
Life
Class Skills: An oracle with the life mystery adds Handle Animal, Knowledge (nature), and Survival to her list of class skills.

Bonus Spells: detect undead (2nd), lesser restoration (4th), neutralize poison (6th), restoration (8th), breath of life (10th), heal (12th), greater restoration (14th), mass heal (16th), true resurrection (18th).

Oracle’s Curse -
Covetous
You find yourself drawn to the luster of wealthy living. You must wear fine nonmagical clothing and jewelry worth at least 50 gp + 100 gp per character level you have beyond 1st. If you do not have sufficient wealth to purchase this additional equipment, you feel a strong desire (but are not compelled) to sell existing items or steal from others to obtain it. You are sickened whenever you do not meet this requirement; you are also sickened for 24 hours after anything worth 25 gp x your character level or more is taken from you against your will. Use Magic Device becomes a class skill for you. At 5th level, you gain a +4 insight bonus on Appraise checks, Spellcraft checks to identify magic items, and Use Magic Device checks. At 10th level, you add fabricate to your list of spells known. At 15th level, you add half your oracle level to your CMD against steal APG combat maneuvers and to the DC of Sleight of Hand checks to take items from you.

Revelations -
Healing Hands
You gain a +4 bonus on Heal checks. You may provide first aid to two people or treat two people for poison as a standard action (make a separate Heal check for each creature). When using the Heal skill to treat wounds from caltrops (and so on), treat deadly wounds, treat poison, treat disease, or treat long-term care, you may treat double the normal number of people you may treat at the same time. You may provide long-term care for yourself.
Channel
You can channel positive energy like a cleric, using your oracle level as your effective cleric level when determining the amount of damage healed (or caused to undead) and the DC. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 1 + your Charisma modifier.

((Still working on her particulars, but here she is!))

Chanticleer

Oh, very nice indeed! And a gorgeous portrait, too.

I didn't go over her sheet with a fine-toothed comb, but her poor Stealth did stand out. Unless I am mistaken, gnomes (and all small humanoids) get a size-based +4 to Stealth.

Yes:

QuoteSize: Gnomes are Small creatures and thus gain a +1 size bonus to their AC, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, a –1 penalty to their Combat Maneuver Bonus and Combat Maneuver Defense, and a +4 size bonus on Stealth checks.

Bibliophilia

-grins.-  Thanks.  I'm still getting all the little fiddly stuff like that added in. 

And the spells.  And spending her gold.  I'm probably going to grab some buffing wands, so she doesn't have to use up her spell slots.  She's got decent UMD, after all.

Chulanowa

Chanticleer

Madam Striga

Quote from: Bibliophilia on October 08, 2018, 10:13:11 PM
Name: Cinna Opalescence
Nicknames: Cin; Opal
Sex: Female; Omnisexual
Race: Gnome
Class: Oracle
Alignment: True Neutral
Deity: Gozreh
Level: 3
EXP:

Basic Appearance: Cin does not allow anyone of even minor importance to see her in disarray.  She dresses in fine clothing of expensive materials, meticulously grooms herself each morning, bathes regularly no matter the conditions, always smells pleasant and favors beautiful jewelry.  Her dark, supple skin and large, green eyes compliment the various shades of her hair and the dazzling whiteness of her straight, strong teeth.  Her limbs are pleasingly soft and shapely, and her stomach has a subtle convexity; her hips are rounded and the perfect shape for gripping.  She fills out the bodice of her dresses to perfection, though some small part of that must be afforded to the corset that cinches her already slender waist and keeps her posture upright.  Her smiles are warm, intimate and genuine; her voice a husky, sensual, feminine murmur.

Personality:  It's often difficult to parse the 'real' Cinna from the persona she adopts in order to charm others or manipulate them to her desires.  Some, those who have not spent much time with her, might easily dismiss her as a vain, self-centered, vapid creature more concerned with the lay of her dress or the price of her jewels than anything else.  While she would admit to a measure of vanity, she would deny any selfishness or vapidity on her part.  She uses the gifts afforded her by her beauty, grace and intellect to their advantage, adapting to whatever situation she finds herself in and making the most of it however possible.  Sometimes this means manipulating others, charming them, or utilizing her body to gain the upper hand.  However, she cares deeply for those less fortunate and takes pleasure from providing succor and relief to those in pain.  She takes pride in her skills, and those powers granted by Gozreh, and finds false humility nearly as tiresome as arrogance.

Basic Background Cin was the only daughter of a wealthy Gnomish merchant and his wife.  As a result, she was raised in relative luxury and spoiled by her parents.  She was lovely, and this afforded her special treatment by the others in her town, as well, and she grew to expect the very best in life.  Fine clothing, jewels, food, lovers and accommodations all had to meet her lofty expectations in order to please her.

She was a spoiled brat, basically.  Then the war tore her world asunder.  Their town became a kind of barracks for the wounded and dying of the Dragonborn armies.  Her family was ousted from their beautiful house and forced to live in far less pleasant quarters with other Gnome families from all strata of society.  She and her mother were conscripted into nursing services and her father worked tirelessly in whatever manual labor they required of him at the time.  While it was largely awful, Cinna learned she had a natural gift for healing and soothing those in pain, which only grew as she worked to help the seemingly endless stream of soldiers from the battlefields.

Somewhere along the way, her natural gift became more...supernatural, and it was this - along with her beauty - that drew the eye of one of the Dragonborn commanders.  It wasn't long after he had decided to take her as his own that Cin found herself a member of his harem of women, her whole life once more turned upside down.  However, she was growing accustomed to adapting to unexpected changes, and this time she was determined to better her lot.  So, she used her charm, intellect and healing gifts to attain the position of the commander's favored woman.  She also proved invaluable as an asset on the field, able and willing to perform emergency surgery or field medicine in the midst of chaos and danger.

When the fight moved into the mountains, she was sent along with the kobold troops to keep them alive and fighting even in the smallest of tunnels.  Then, the end of the war came and once more turned her life on its head.  The Dragonborn commander, having been impressed by her bravery and skill, offered to keep her on as one of his lovers.  Over their time together, he had grown to respect her, however, and he didn't wish to keep her against her will, despite his feelings for her.  She declined his offer, and expressed a desire to return to her home and learn the fate of her parents, then find some way to remain useful in the aftermath of the war.

She didn't remain long in her former town, once she discovered that her father had been killed during the war and her mother was remarried.  She wasn't the same spoiled girl who had lived in that place, and she knew there was more to do out in the world...

• Learn more about herself and the origin of her gifts
  • Aid in healing the wounds left by the war
  • Find companions to help her along the way
  • Relearn to enjoy life
Connections:
Theme Song:

The Stats and Saves, Overview:
Stats, Saves, and Overview

Stats:
HP: 25/25
Str: 11 (0)
Dex: 15 (+2)
Con: 17 (+3)
Int: 15 (+2)
Wis: 17 (-3)
Cha: 20 (+5)
Senses: Low-Light Vision; Keen Senses
Attack Options: Masterwork Hanbo (1d4; 20/x2; Bashing; Finesse); Light Crossbow (1d6; 19-20/x2; Piercing; Ranged)
CMB: +1
AC:  16
TAC: 13
FFAC: 14
CMD:  13
Resistances:
Immunities: 
Fortitude Save: +4
Reflex Save: +3
Will: +6
Initiative: +3

Skills, Feats and Class Features:
Skills, Feats, And Class Features
Skills:
Languages: Common, Gnome, Sylvan, Draconic, Goblin
Skills: Bluff (+8), Diplomacy (+11), Heal (+13), Intimidate (+6), Knowledge {Local} (+9), Knowledge {Nobility} (+6), UMD (+10)

Racial Bonuses:
Defensive Training: Gnomes gain a +4 dodge bonus to AC against monsters of the giant subtype.
Gnome Magic: Gnomes add +1 to the DC of any saving throws against illusion spells that they cast. Gnomes with Charisma scores of 11 or higher also gain the following spell-like abilities: 1/day—dancing lights, ghost sound, prestidigitation, and speak with animals. The caster level for these effects is equal to the gnome's level. The DC for these spells is equal to 10 + the spell's level + the gnome's Charisma modifier.
Hatred: Gnomes receive a +1 bonus on attack rolls against humanoid creatures of the reptilian and goblinoid subtypes because of their special training against these hated foes.
Illusion Resistance: Gnomes gain a +2 racial saving throw bonus against illusion spells and effects.
Keen Senses: Gnomes receive a +2 racial bonus on Perception checks.
Obsessive: Gnomes receive a +2 racial bonus on a Craft or Profession skill of their choice.
Weapon Familiarity: Gnomes treat any weapon with the word "gnome" in its name as a martial weapon.
Feats:
Weapon Finesse (1st level)
Selective Channeling (3rd level)
Traits:
Civilized
Arcane Temper
Class Bonuses:

Mystery -
Life
Class Skills: An oracle with the life mystery adds Handle Animal, Knowledge (nature), and Survival to her list of class skills.

Bonus Spells: detect undead (2nd), lesser restoration (4th), neutralize poison (6th), restoration (8th), breath of life (10th), heal (12th), greater restoration (14th), mass heal (16th), true resurrection (18th).

Oracle’s Curse -
Covetous
You find yourself drawn to the luster of wealthy living. You must wear fine nonmagical clothing and jewelry worth at least 50 gp + 100 gp per character level you have beyond 1st. If you do not have sufficient wealth to purchase this additional equipment, you feel a strong desire (but are not compelled) to sell existing items or steal from others to obtain it. You are sickened whenever you do not meet this requirement; you are also sickened for 24 hours after anything worth 25 gp x your character level or more is taken from you against your will. Use Magic Device becomes a class skill for you. At 5th level, you gain a +4 insight bonus on Appraise checks, Spellcraft checks to identify magic items, and Use Magic Device checks. At 10th level, you add fabricate to your list of spells known. At 15th level, you add half your oracle level to your CMD against steal APG combat maneuvers and to the DC of Sleight of Hand checks to take items from you.

Revelations -
Healing Hands
You gain a +4 bonus on Heal checks. You may provide first aid to two people or treat two people for poison as a standard action (make a separate Heal check for each creature). When using the Heal skill to treat wounds from caltrops (and so on), treat deadly wounds, treat poison, treat disease, or treat long-term care, you may treat double the normal number of people you may treat at the same time. You may provide long-term care for yourself.
Channel
You can channel positive energy like a cleric, using your oracle level as your effective cleric level when determining the amount of damage healed (or caused to undead) and the DC. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 1 + your Charisma modifier.

((Still working on her particulars, but here she is!))

Woah. She seems lovely!! O:

Bibliophilia

I believe I have finished her up!  I'm glad everyone likes her so far!  -grins.-

Conundrum, if I need to make any changes, just let me know!

Conundrum

Quote from: Bibliophilia on October 10, 2018, 06:30:18 PM
I believe I have finished her up!  I'm glad everyone likes her so far!  -grins.-

Conundrum, if I need to make any changes, just let me know!

No problem.

Bibliophilia

Does that mean she's approved and I can post her in the OOC?