The Fate of Kilo Platoon: Aliens Universe Survival; One Slot Left

Started by Urbanzorro, May 08, 2010, 01:04:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReijiTabibito

I have a sneaking feeling that Gorman's selection as mission CO was influenced by WY in some way - his incompetence makes him easily to manipulate, and WY was only there to try and steal a Xeno for them to study.  If our mission doesn't, in some way, shape, or form, involve capturing one for study or whatnot, then I think that we'd have a good one.

Aiden

Are you guys still in need of a Squad Commander? Haibane sent me a Pm, checking if you guys have filled the roll yet.

Haibane

Haha, now they all pour in! Hi guys. At this rate we might have a Plt Lt, a biologist and a WYC guy :)

I agree with Reiji, we should put aside all thoughts of Gormans, let the player play how he likes. I mean if he shows the first sign of any Gormanism, he'll get a pulse rifle up his ass and the sergeant will be in command pronto.

Michael Corvus

This is just a thought, but perhaps, if we find a good L T in the near future, "The Great Triangle" could be a scientist of some sort who was working at "Jackie's Hope" and us Marines find him sometime after our initial perimeter sweep?
My O/O's | My A/A's | My Characters
The Oath of The Drake
*Currently Only Seeking Group Games*

Haibane

Its late for me, I'm off to bed. See you tomorrow guys n gals.

Urbanzorro

The Lt spot is still open and I'm willing to let The Great Triangle play a scientist/survivor, though once again I'm not feeling a xeno biologist at least not this early into the story.
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

The Great Triangle

Scientist would be an interesting role.  How exactly would that work, stat-wise? 

I'd want to play a biologist of some sort.  Maybe a guy researching xenomorphic DNA sequences, and how to take advantage of the way they transform an impregnegated life form? 

Of course, my character could be something more mundane, like an astronomer, but I think it would be pretty cool to be at least partially responsible for the entire Alien problem.  :-)
Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs

Urbanzorro

I'll consider that though I don't want him to have access to anything big, I want quite a few suprises, and further more I want the aliens to be a bit of a mystery as far as what they can do ect if the Platoon leader dosn't decide to get the upgrade to analize them.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Urbanzorro

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Destiny Ascension

Yeeesh, one day of work and 3 pages of activity to run through :<

I still haven't found a suitable picture, hopefully I will tonight.

* Destiny Ascension epic sighs
"Build courage when courage seems to fail, gain faith when there seems to be little cause for faith, create hope when hope becomes forlorn."
Andraste's flaming sword! I know where babies come from!

Urbanzorro

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Miles Trent

Alien Queen hisses: "Hiss hisss hissssss..... Hiss!"
Translation: "All your base are belong to us.... Hah!"

:D
Using a real person's picture is like stealing their soul.... Consult your local roleplay doctor before proceeding. :D
My O & Os
GM One on One Thread

Destiny Ascension

Ha! Silly queen, bases are for humans!  ::)

Though, I do rather like the idea of having a company exec or some sort of civilian, JUST so I can say 'Me and my squad of ultimate badasses will protect you!'
"Build courage when courage seems to fail, gain faith when there seems to be little cause for faith, create hope when hope becomes forlorn."

Urbanzorro

Lol, Also I'd like to ask that everyone post up their character on the Database Thread so we can all have a place where it will be easy to see stats ect ect. Pleas and thanks.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

ReijiTabibito

@ Destiny:  Check it out! Independently targeting particle beam phalanx. Vwap! Fry half a city with this puppy. We got tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks...

;D

Urbanzorro

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

ReijiTabibito

I think my favorite non-Ripley bit of dialogue in the movie is something that I hope I'd get to say.

"Say, Vasquez, have you ever been mistaken for a man?"

"No.  Have you?"

Urbanzorro

LMAO, I've always been partal to Apome's "I love the corps" speach......

A day in the Corps is like a day on the farm, every meal's a banquet, every paycheck a fortune, every formation a parade!! God damb I love the Corps.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Destiny Ascension

No 'Game over man, game over!'?

Or, my personal favorite, 'Look into my eye.'

Miles Trent

Hey, I kinda noticed something.... Nobody brought grenades.....  ???
Using a real person's picture is like stealing their soul.... Consult your local roleplay doctor before proceeding. :D
My O & Os
GM One on One Thread

sinoraa

Michael Corvus

I thought about bringing grenades but I was low on points and I needed my trusty knife and sidearm ... and I don't know how many grenades I would get with my points.
The Oath of The Drake

Haibane

We'll just all abuse the LT until he's really, really pissed, then throw him at them.

Michael Corvus

Yeah ... them damn Xeno's acid blood don't have SHIT on Marine's Piss and Vinegar
The Oath of The Drake

Destiny Ascension

Marines piss lead, not vinegar!

Also, somebody SHOULD probably carry grenades, but bugs's move to quick for that crap. Just shoot 'em and boot 'em, simple as pie.