News:

Main Menu

Marvel Universe MMO

Started by LunarSage, December 15, 2012, 08:14:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LunarSage

Link

Am I the only one disappointed that the characters are all canons?  No custom heroes?

If I wanted to play the Hulk or Spider-Man, I'd play those games on the X-Box.

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Chris Brady

Eh, it's cute.

If I want to play a custom hero in the Marvel Universe, I'd rather do it table top style.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Callie Del Noire

I think they (Marvel) miss the point of MMO.

SinXAzgard21

If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Chris Brady

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on December 15, 2012, 09:16:11 AM
I think they (Marvel) miss the point of MMO.
Not really.  I mean, all it stands for is 'Massively Multiplayer Online'.  This is a Diablo wannabe with Superheroes.  Just like Marvel Alliance and the X-Men games.  And from what I gather it's going to be massive and it's going to be multiplayer and it's going to be online only.  It's got MMO covered.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

LunarSage

I think he meant they've missed the point of what exactly makes modern MMOs so successful... especially superhero MMOs.  It's being able to create your own unique character, name them whatever you want and have a hand, whether direct or indirect on how they appear to your fellow players.

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Chris Brady

The problem is (Well, not really a 'problem' but I can't find the right word, bear with) is that this is a Diablo isometric game, and in that genre you don't get much customization outside of what loot drops.  If they want to do a full Marvel MMO, they'd need to go the Champions/DCUO/CoX (may it rest in peace) route.  They didn't.