Exalted 3rd ed. [Interest Check]

Started by hellrazoromega, May 27, 2016, 05:51:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaer Darkwail

Dawns can be split in personal combat prowess (archery, melee, martial arts) and those who command/lead armies.

HairyHeretic

My first choice is my Eclipse, Kheldaran

Background

Peleps Daishan was born and raised a son of the Household of Peleps Kaizoku, and like many of this household, he spent a lot of time learning about, on or near the sea. With his family's status of unofficial Realm pirates, that's to be expected. He doesn't have a great many memories of this time though

Peleps Daishan died at sea. A great storm arose, his ship was separated from the rest of the squadron, damage taken in a battle with Lintha pirates having slowed it to the point it could not outrun the storm. Damaged, and short of crew, the ship was buffeted and battered. Sailors were plucked one by one from the deck by waves that seemed almost sentient.

They were. The storm was not a normal storm, but a hunting party of the Fair Folk, far from their normal waters. Peleps Daishan was one of the last taken. Perhaps that was why he survived, the Fair Folk having sated the worst of their lusts on those already lost. He was not as fortunate, to be killed out of hand. Instead he was taken.

He who was Daishan was now a slave, to be used by the Fair Folk in any way that amused them. They took him to deep, dark, places and changed him there, so he would last longer, amuse them for longer.

He can't recall how long he was amongst them. Months. Perhaps years.

His escape was a shock to many. The hunting party had encountered a group of water spirits and were seeking uncontested passage through their realm. Their slave suddenly addressed one spirit, calling on ancient pacts in the name of who he was before. The spirit saw the reincarnation of one he owed a debt to, and fulfilled his oath. The hunting party were slaughtered, the few survivors fleeing before the spirits.

The once more Exalted Eclipse solemnly thanked his old friend, and acknowledged the debt paid. As a last boon, the spirit took him safely back to the shore, leaving him on a beach with Port Calin a distant blur on the horizon.

Unused to being above water, he was weak and uncoordinated. He was found by a Guild caravan, and having nothing of worth to pay for any help they might give him, they promptly enslaved him once again, shackling him and tossing him in a wagon with others who were to be sold in Nexus. Once he recovered his strength, he taught them the error of their ways. Recovered and now equiped with clothing and equipment that had been Guild property, he set out to explore.

Over time, some memories came back to him, enough to know that his former family would likely want to see him dead. Not only had he not fallen gloriously in battle, he had been taken as a slave, something that would mar the entire family with dishonour, and then worst of all, had exalted as Anathema.

Peleps Daishan died at sea. The man who stood on that muddy trail took the name Kheldaran. It would serve well enough for now, and could always be discarded later, if necessary.

His wandering around the Scavenger Lands found him creating a number of identities, and finding several useful tools along the way. A poorly thought out excursion to the haunted city of Denandsor almost cost him his life, but he escaped it bringing the Nymph Calinara with him, having rescued her from the empty city and its curse. She decided to stay with him, as he usually ended up in such interesting situations, mostly unmanifested and inside of him, but taking her true form around expanses of water that she judged worthy.

I also have an idea for a Zenith, though it looks like we have enough of those already :)

Background
"It's a trap."

Resplendent Emerald looked towards the youth at his side, raising an eyebrow quizically.

"It's a trap." the youth maintanined. "Something down there just doesn't feel right."

Resplendent Emerald looked down at the slow moving caravan as it wound it's way towards the ambush site. "How can it be a trap?" he said, confidently. "They cannot know we are here, and they think that hiding someone important in such a mundane transport will allow them to slip by. Calm yourself, and take your place with the others."

He clapped the youth on the shoulder, and hefted his guan dao, preparing to signal the strike. By the time he looked back the youth was gone, slipping into the long grass, with barely a sign to show he was there.

The Outcaste looked down at the now closer caravan, 6 covered wagons, zombies in the traces rather than the oxen one would expect. One driver on each wagon, and a handful of guards. They would be no match for the ambushers, and this would be one less group available to the Mask of Winters in future.

He let the wagons come closer, then rose, swinging his polearm around his head, and leveling it at the lead wagon. A bolt of blazing fire lept from the blade, catching the guard square as he turned towards the movement.

With an undulating cry, ragged men and women rose up on the slope, humming arrows and warcries filling the air as they charged. There was some return fire from the caravan and one or two of the attackers fell, cursing, as arrows took them. They were too many though, and the outcome was a foregone conclusion.

Resplendent Emerald led the wedge towards where the guards were congregating, obviously trying to guard one wagon in particular. He grinned as he pictured the expression on the traitor within.

The canvas covering of the wagon exploded as the attackers reached it. Whining fragments of bone tore through the air, sending half the group to the ground. From the wagon came a figure of drifting blackness, the air seeming to dull around it. In its hands was a blade of glistening night that shrieked through the air, and two more of the attackers felt, each cut in two.

The figure landed in a crouch, blade held back along its arm, rising up its back like a scorpions sting. Slowly it straightened, an almost palpable aura radiating from it, promising death and worse than death to the pitiful few frozen figures in front of it.

Beneath a skull visage mask, ruby lips parted to reveal sharp fangs. "My Master knew you could not resist such a prize." The voice was lovely, a womans voice, and a harsh contrast to the scene.

The blade whistled through the air, gashing Resplendent Emerald, and snapping him out of his paralysis as he frantically parried. Around him he could see the remainder of the band fighting desperately against the horde of zombies that had erupted from the wagons.

Three more exchanges and Resplendent Emerald knew he was in trouble, bleeding from several cuts, the most serious in his arm, weakening his own strokes. His blade began to slow, and he could tell the Deathknight was merely toying with him now, passing up several opportunities to seriously wound him, and instead inflict lesser ones.

Around him he could hear the sound of fighting retreating, and knew he was alone. "Time to finish this." came that lovely voice again, and the guan dao flew from his grasp. The deathknight moved the opposite direction and Emerald screamed as her blade severed his hamstring, sending him to the ground. He managed to roll just far enough that the killing blow instead took him low in the stomach. Still fatal, but not immediately so.

The Deathknight moved back into his field of vision, which was starting narrow. "No last words." she taunted. Emerald refused to give her the satisfaction. "Very well then." she replied, drawing back her blade and thrusting it towards his chest.

At the last moment it stopped, his guan dao striking it up and away.

"Who dares?" hissed the Deathknight, turning. Emerald turned his head far enough to see the youth standing there, guan dao in his hands. It should have looked far too large, but somehow it didn't.

"I dare." the youth replied, in a voice like iron. "Carry this message back to your master, cur. From this moment on, the days of his reign in Thorns are numbered."

The Deathknight stared incredulously, then began to laugh, softly at first, but with increasing volume. When she stopped she looked at the youth, her head cocked to one side. "It seems almost a pity to kill you. You'd make a fine fool in the Masters court. Still, what's one fool, more or less."

Her blade lept out, and was met by the blade of the guan dao. The youth had not moved, only twisted his arms sligtly to block.

Again and again the black blade darted out, again and again it was halted. "Impressive." said the Deathknight, "But you'll not do so well against all of them." The zombie horde was shambling back into view, fresh blood staining their torn and rent bodies.

"Wrong." said the youth, grounding the haft of the guan dao, and his free hand twisting in the air in front of him. The air above his head wavered then burst into flame, a roiling golden sun, with the image of a set of scales emblazoned on it.

The Deathknight screamed and through herself backwards, the zombies collapsing to the ground as the power of the Unconquered Sun washed over them.

Emerald saw the golden light fill his eyes, blinding them in radiance, before all went dark.

Kuan Yu stood amongst the remains of the caravan, and watched the bodies of his friends come apart, sparkles of golden energy rising towards the sky. He turned toward the wagon where the Deathknight had vanished, and called after her. "Carry my words to your putrid Master. His reign will end. This I swear!"

After his Exaltation, Kuan Yu carried on a one man resistance against the minions of the Mask of Winters, striking against work parties, caravan, patrols and anything else he could hit with a reasonable chance of success, even skirmishing a time or two with a deathknight.

Eventually enough forces were committed against him that he had to flee beyond the deathlords domain. He wandered for some months, bringing justice wherever he found it needed, and annoying quite a few people who saw the law as something only for their benefit.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

AndyZ

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on May 28, 2016, 04:36:15 PM
Dawns can be split in personal combat prowess (archery, melee, martial arts) and those who command/lead armies.

This doesn't seem to be the kind of game where a PC leading an army will help guide the story.  I may be wrong, though.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Re Z L

Going to piece things together later today.

My general idea at the moment is a Night Caste treasure hunter sort (Occult, Awareness, Lore) using maybe Brawl for combat to develop into MA later on.  Background isn't really thought out too much right now but could be a variety of things considering where we're planning to be located...

What is everyone else's thoughts about where you all want the game to go?  Kill giant monsters?  Loot ancient dungeons?  Secure the East against the Wyld?  Drive off the Realm?  Make a new city-state?

PS:  I have a veritable vault of character pictures, going to link it later as well, need to sort some of it out still.
A&A

Re Z L

I'll put the album links on this post so maybe check back later when I get the rest of them sorted...

Solars:  http://imgur.com/a/GQjmw

Lunars:  http://imgur.com/a/4XICD

Dragon-Blooded:  http://imgur.com/a/RUOEA

Abyssals:  http://imgur.com/a/MAGmV

Gods/Demons/Spirits:  http://imgur.com/a/Kup0L

Locations:  http://imgur.com/a/MT1yg

Note:  The categories are pretty general, so you might find stuff in the Solars that fit Dragon-Bloods, or Lunars that fit Abyssals, and some pictures might be in multiple places.
A&A

Re Z L

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on May 28, 2016, 06:25:39 PM
Quite a collection there :)

Thanks  ;D  hopefully it helps somebody, if nothing else they can be useful for ideas
A&A

Lockepick

Very much interested -- a little overwhelmed by all of the interest already here. I'm always mortified about overlapping somebody's concept, just not sure what is concrete or not.

I'm going to look at the books some more!
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Zaer Darkwail

Here is my char done. Just miss bit background but will finish it tomorrow. Others can feel free and use my sheet format :).

Cathak Falcree

Name: Falcree      Caste: ZenithConcept: A shamed prince of earth in exile, turned out become inspiring hero by destiny

Anima: Golden PhoenixLimit Trigger: His ideals, his trust or his honor fails/betrays himSupernal Ability: Presence

Attributes

Strength:        3 Charisma:        5 Intelligence:   
Dexterity:        4 Manipulation:  3 Wits:              3
Stamina:        3 Appearance:    3 Perception:      2

Abilities

Archery:        1
Martial Arts/Brawl:       
fMelee:   
Thrown:   
cWar:   

Craft:        0
Investigation:       
Lore:   
Medicine:   
Occult:   

cAthletics:        2
fAwareness:       
Dodge:   
fLarceny:   
Stealth:   
---

cIntegrity:        2
Performance:     
cPresence:   
cResistance:   
Survival:   

Bureaucracy:        1
Linguistics:       
fRide:   
Sail:   
fSocialize:   

Specialties:        #
Melee        Swords 
Bureucracy      Military Resources 
Athletics        Combat Acrobatics 
Presence      In Command 

Essence, Willpower, Limit

Essence: 1
Willpower: (7)7
Limit Track: (0)10
Personal:  13/13
Peripheral:  33/23
Committed:  10

Health
-0 ( )
-1 ( )( )
-2 ( )( )
-4 ( )
inc ( ) 
Dying ( )( )( )

Merits: 11 Total
Artifact: White Jade Daiklave (Blizzard) 3pts
Artifact: White Jade Reinforced Buff Jacket 3pts
Fast Reflexes 3pts
Quick Draw 1pts
Language: Low Realm 1pts

Intimacies:
Soldier's Honor (Defining Intimacy, Principle)
(Pumpkin Seeds char) (Major Positive Intimacy, Tie)
His Family (Minor Positive Intimacy, Tie)
His commander Ledaal Yumi (Major Positive Intimacy, Tie/Memory of her)
Needless Violence (Minor Negative Intimacy, Principle)

Combat

Join Battle:  6d+3   Evasion:  2   Parry:  6   Soak:  11   Hardness:  7 Mobility Penalty:  -1
Resolve:  3   Guile:  3   
---

Attack  Acc  Dmg/Overwhelming  Def  Range  Tags 
Punch/Kick  +9  +10L/1O+0-Bashing, Brawl, Grappling, Natural
Blizzard  +13  +15L/5O+1-Lethal, Melee, Balanced

CHARMS

Excelencies; Melee, War, Athletics, Awareness, Larceny, Integrity, Presence, Resistance, Ride, Socialize

Athletics
Graceful Crane Stance, 3m/perfect balance
Monkey Leap Technique, 2m/leap one range band
Foe Vaulting Method, 3i/try surprise foe to make surprise attack

Integrity
Stubborn Boar Defense, permament

Larceny
Seasoned Criminal Method, permament

Melee
Excellent Strike, 3m/+1 auto sux hit, re-roll nat 1 until gone
One Weapon, Two Blows, 3m/extra attack after withering attack and when foe is less than solar in Ini
Dipping Swallow Defense, 2m/Ignore penalties to parry and sux parries give +1 Ini, instant
Bulwark Stance, 5m/until next turn ignore penalties to parry and foes suffer -1 penalty (up to solar's essence) to damage rolls per nat 1 rolled
War Lion Stance, 2m/until scene over, defends other reflexively so long when adjacent to them

Presence
Listener Swaying Argument, 3m/+1 sux instil/persuade and +1 non-charm dice per 2 resolve boosted on target
Harmonious Presence Meditation, 5m or 7m/+3 dice to all social abilities expect stealth, -1 mote discount to all social influence charms
Empowering Shout, 3m/add +2 to ability/attribute/defense to individual for single task/action, instant
Majestic Radiant Presence, 6m/foes need burn 1 WP to speak against/attack her, essence penalty to threatening actions
Terrifying Apparition of Glory, 7M+1wp/Become frigthening badass

THAUMTURGY&SORCERY

BONUS POINTS 15/00
(4) Increase Attribute: +1 Dexterity
(7) Increase Ability +2 Presence, +2 Melee, +1 Socialize, +1 Lore
(1) Purchase Merit: +1 Language
(4) Increase Willpower: +2

XP/Solar XP 000/000
-?? ???; +? ???

Background
Cathak Falcree was born to dragon-blood exalted father and mortal patrician mother. His father is Cathak Mizuri, a water aspect who's one parents were a fire aspect from Cathak and other a water aspect from Peleps house. Because of his mismatched elemental affinity and the fact in one battle he had lost his entire arm he was offered low quality marriage proposals. So amongst them he chose Linya, a Cynis house retainer (had worked as concubine at one Cynis house infamous brothels). To Linya it was promotion from her position as patrician but to his father it was best possible match he could get as Linya did have exalted ancestors and so hoping their offspring can elevate their both positions. Falcree was born eldest but he has a sister also; Myra. He was trained like any scion of Cathak house; taught strategy, master melee combat to degree of genius, he was taught etiquette and manners. With usual dynastic family fashion his parents were distant while he was more closer to sister whom he guarded over as elder brother.

But things changed dramatically that his sister exalted and was chosen by the dragons, so she immediately got much praise, recogniction and started hang out with other chosen of dragons and get oppoturnities and invitations to parties whcih only Falcree could only dream. Albeit he worried over his sister, he realized she was much more than he was so he started focus on Immaculate texts and do various self-developed rituals to help bolster his chances being chosen by dragons. One of them was code of soldier written in Thousand Correct Actions of Upright Soldier. He studied that manual like a bible. Birthdays went by and both his parents waited anxiously him to exalt, they suspected he is late bloomer and so they with heavy bribes assigned him to House of Bells (if he would been exalt it would had been less of issue). he studied and excelled in class, swordplay was excellent as was his charismatic leadership and he was exemplar student.....expect he did not exalt! The 20th birthday came.....and he spend it all alone. His sister was only one even congrulate him and quickly dropped present to him before she rushed off to party of her own with her exalted friends.

Since that point his parents became distant (he saw his mother regularly and she at least talked to him while father did not talk whatsoever), both silently disappointed on his failure. Falcree was bitter, angry but once more depending on his code of soldier he decided if he was not chosen by dragons....so best what he can do is serve dragons as a mortal. So he did something shocking; since graduation he signed himself (voluntarily) to Vermillion Legion, the Red Piss Brigade! many thought him to be mad, but some thought it was fitting exile and punishment for a failure like him. It was pure hell for him, amongst other 'failures' and 'outcastes' from other houses who some of them were even exalted by dragons and they hated him because he chose to come to the legion willingly! Expect one and she was Ledaal Yumi, she was strategos of her unit but she never really picked up the front line aspects of the warfare. She was excellent supply manager, had keen genius level tactics and also keen occultic lore and knowlegde. However Falcree was far superior in swordplay and sheer charisma how to inspire and lead troops, this very much she determined through her contacts in House of Bells and what class grades he excelled at. Not to mention he was not slouch on thinking on his feet in combat and make emergency tactics which are directly quoted from Thousand Correct Actions of Upright Soldier, a sort manual which most students just skip through in the class. Not to mention his sense of morale backbone is exact similar to hers and she also studied the manual like a bible to live by as life as a soldier.

So for these reasons Cathak Falcree, a mere mortal, was assigned as second command in legion 9 of Vermillion Legion, a mortal command over both mortals and dragon-bloods alike! Which is unheard and literally angered many, but none questioned their superior Ledaal Yumi's decision. Her decision paid off, as Falcree indeed provided solid front line commander while she herself focused more to management and planning of the coming conflicts. Just the way she preferred it. Falcree and Yumi had mutual respect to each other and perhaps potential blossoming feelings which never came to be (she was high breeding dragon-blood and she was already promised to a fiancee in Blessed Isle....and thus reason why she solidly focused military career to enjoy her freedom to explore Threshold and get enjoy experiment and employ her genius mind before she retires to breeding duties at home, so thus affair with mortal would been tremendous scandal and make her family and herself look bad).

Then there was messenger from one Immaculate monasteries deep in Threshold, request assistance against large group of bandits who had come seek despoil and steal monastery relics and treasures! Yumi had assigned several talons of her units to other patrols so she was stretched thin in regards deploying units from the defense forces at stronghold she and her legion was assigned to. But none the less she calculated suitably sized experienced soldiers and she herself and Falcree would come along to defend the monastery. They rided fast towards the monastery, they saw the bandit group had succeeded penetrate the defenses and some of them were already looting the first treasure vault....and soon thunderous roar the first treasure vaults exploded as a powerful demon stormed out from it! Yumi immediately recognized it was blood ape and conducted that monastery must have got one sealing devices in storage, sealing device which housed a demon which was sealed inside the item when a exorcist had banished demon into it and some foolish bandit had broken or unsealed the demon somehow!

She immediately knew normal soldiers, even elite, cannot kill blood ape with numbers and eguipment they got. So they made risky plan to use soldiers to distract and cause minor injuries to blood ape while she delivers finishing blow on her daiklave, which as magical item can cause great deal of harm. A very uncharastic action in her part to participate in close combat and so Falcree was worried. Everything went well however and as Yumi leaped from ambush upon backside of the blood ape she thought she had succeed as her daiklave slashed down....only to be knocked back by blood ape who had seen through her plan and with powerful swipe knocked wind out of her, then lifting a huge rock blood ape smashed said rock atop her and crushed her lungs, bones and all internal organs in one go!

Enraged, furious and angry Falcree grasped on hilt of Yumi's sword Blizzard and screaming he charged towards blood ape while dragging sword which he barely could lift! Then in that moment he saw a vision and message from Unconquered Sun, which he drowned behind on fury towards the demon as suddenly blade in his hand came light as feather and his feet moved rapidly and he felt stronger than ever before! With a blur he leaped past blood ape's swipe and then arching slice with daiklave he harassed the blood ape with powerful golden arching slices and put him on defensive and then his blade started find hits past blood ape's guard, every slice burning and scorching his wounds with holy burning golden fire and blood ape screamed as he hacked him into pieces until nothing but shizzling black tar of demonic blood was left staining the monastery pavement.

Burning golden light and brand in his forehead made him realize what has happened, he was crying, both for what he had become and also for loss of Yumi and also realize his life was over as protector of the realms. He moved to Yumi and apologized to her, both taking her precious weapon without permission and also for becoming a anathema. However Yumi just smiled and barely managed to whisper; "Do not cry....you had been chosen as a hero....by the sun than from dragons..." Those were her final words and it made Falcree wonder what she had meant exactly by it. He had no lore nor religious training in lore like she had got, but as this happened he saw another golden light....it was another anathema, a another solar, who had emerged amongst the Immaculate monks. Together with her they blessed and gave final farewells to all fallen and then taking the sacred relic which bandits were aiming to steal with them they departed on the road. Falcree had taken the armor and weapon which Yumi had worn in her first and last actual combat as memento from her and his past life in the Blessed Isle.

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Re Z L on May 28, 2016, 04:52:37 PM
What is everyone else's thoughts about where you all want the game to go?  Kill giant monsters?  Loot ancient dungeons?  Secure the East against the Wyld?  Drive off the Realm?  Make a new city-state?

Ideally ... build a confederation capable of standing against all the assorted nasties we know are out there ... The Realm, Deathlords, and all the rest ... based on First Age ideals (so ending slavery is rather high on his list of priorites). Lookshy would probably make a good nucleus for that. Resecuring Denandsor and bringing it back into action would definitely be something that you could bring to the bargaining table there.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: HairyHeretic on May 29, 2016, 07:10:36 AM
Ideally ... build a confederation capable of standing against all the assorted nasties we know are out there ... The Realm, Deathlords, and all the rest ... based on First Age ideals (so ending slavery is rather high on his list of priorites). Lookshy would probably make a good nucleus for that. Resecuring Denandsor and bringing it back into action would definitely be something that you could bring to the bargaining table there.

*nods in agreement*

One longer lasting games where I had been in exalted was based on reclaiming Denandsor, succeed it and then govern/run it while counter against any threats who would come seek attack or steal Denandsor from us (both military force and through politic backstabbing). Anycase added background into my above post.

Empyrean

My Twilight would be on board with reclaiming Denandsor, certainly.

Lockepick

Due to the fact that we're not worried about having a 'perfect' circle -- could I ask that people who are expressing interest with a character idea perhaps offer up what their skillset/focus will be? I really don't want to overlap anybody if I can avoid it.

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Zaer Darkwail

Well, key skill which needs mentioned is the supernal ability as in said ability char can focus to buy higher essence tier charms than norm and overall have easier time to learn/use said ability charms. My char supernal ability is presence.

hellrazoromega

Quote from: AndyZ on May 28, 2016, 03:50:37 PM
Rules clarification request: short daiklaives come in pairs, so does the attunement cost likewise come as a pair, or do you have to attune each one for the usual cost?
At this point, I am inclined to say as a pair, with all that brings. Though such things are rare if one of the pair were to be lost or destroyed that would break or nullify the argument until such situation was rectified.
Quote from: AndyZ on May 28, 2016, 04:48:55 PM
This doesn't seem to be the kind of game where a PC leading an army will help guide the story.  I may be wrong, though.
I could be, I did an epic fantasy game where a couple of PC's lead the army, another couple handles logistics and supply, another acted as the diplomat and the last PC was an amazing spymistress. It is really up to which direction you all want the game to go so don't think I am advocating or pushing the army idea, just saying it is an option.
Quote from: Re Z L on May 28, 2016, 06:11:42 PM
I'll put the album links on this post so maybe check back later when I get the rest of them sorted...

Solars:  http://imgur.com/a/GQjmw

Lunars:  http://imgur.com/a/4XICD

Dragon-Blooded:  http://imgur.com/a/RUOEA

Abyssals:  http://imgur.com/a/MAGmV

Gods/Demons/Spirits:  http://imgur.com/a/Kup0L

Locations:  http://imgur.com/a/MT1yg

Note:  The categories are pretty general, so you might find stuff in the Solars that fit Dragon-Bloods, or Lunars that fit Abyssals, and some pictures might be in multiple places.
This is awesome, thanks!
This, or any of the aforementioned ideas, could work. Once we have the party set I'll get an idea of where people want the game to go. I would say if the game seems to be steering in a way that may not suit your style, let's talk. One of the great advantages of this format is that you can interact with the other PCs and pursue goals of your own at the same time. The spymistress in the game I mentioned above did a great many things that made the generals think they were far better strategists than they were (not that they were slouches or anything), due to the actions of her spy network. She was content to work behind the scenes and while they knew her actions were helpful it was a year into the game before they realized just how much she actually influenced both on and off the battlefield.

So, far we have (not holding anyone to anything just trying to get a sense of things):
Re Z L--------------Night
Empyrean----------Twilight
Pumpkin Seeds----Zenith MA
Muse---------------Warrior Scholar 
Zaer Darkwail------ Dawn (?)
HairyHeretic--------Eclipse or Zenith
lockepick----------still deciding (and we are OK with that)

Is that everyone? I didn't miss anyone? If I did I apologize it was not intentional.

Obviously, there is enough interest to get a character thread going. That said, I would like to poll those interested to see what heading they would like to see this game appear under?

Zaer Darkwail

My char is Zenith and sheet is done and ready in above hellrazoromega. Pumpkin Seeds could differ greatly from mine if she focus more on performance/prayer, occultism, medicine and martial arts (my char is more a 'idealistic and honorable soldier' type Zenith with immense charisma).

HairyHeretic

Given we already have 2 Zenith, I'll stick with my Eclipse. I generally have a decent Occult knowledge, comes from dealing with spirits and things. I favour having at least a little skill in most areas, at least to start with, and keep a variety of fake identities for moving around.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Zaer Darkwail

Also do note that you get excelency even in unfavored ability if get charm for said ability (so it pays off to invest charm or two for ability charms which you do not favor but want get excelency to). My case I got just everything well covered in my end (may trade larceny charm for archery but the charm I picked for larceny is rather darn good investment). As solar you need decide single ability which defines your legend (my case it would be presence; ability to persuade, inspire and turn foes to friends just words alone).

HairyHeretic

For the Legendary I'm thinking probably Social, as it seems most fitting for an Eclipse. Occult is also tempting.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Lockepick

I'm leaning towards a Night based around Larceny or maybe some kind of Predator-Hunter-Archer type. I've wanted to play around with Sorcery or Crafting -- but I'm not sure that will work well in a starting game.

So I guess Re Z L : Any thought on what type of Night you're playing?

hellrazoromega

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on May 29, 2016, 12:52:40 PM
My char is Zenith and sheet is done and ready in above hellrazoromega. Pumpkin Seeds could differ greatly from mine if she focus more on performance/prayer, occultism, medicine and martial arts (my char is more a 'idealistic and honorable soldier' type Zenith with immense charisma).
I have not gone over it in detail yet, but a first glance it looks good. Doing the memorial day BBQ with family today, and some stuff tomorrow so I should have time to look at what we have so far in more detail on Tuesday.

Re Z L

Sounds like a plan!

Aside from Denandsor there's always Rathess and Mahalanka (Raksi's home) both of which would be useful to reclaim.

Quote from: lockepick on May 29, 2016, 02:20:00 PM
I'm leaning towards a Night based around Larceny or maybe some kind of Predator-Hunter-Archer type. I've wanted to play around with Sorcery or Crafting -- but I'm not sure that will work well in a starting game.

So I guess Re Z L : Any thought on what type of Night you're playing?

Sorcery is a little more accessible in 3rd from what I've seen...crafting does take a bit of time to invest into it though.

So a rough idea of what roles I'd try to fit into with my Night...

Supernal Larceny; Favored Brawl, Lore, Occult(?), Awareness, Stealth, Socialize, Bureaucracy

In rougher areas (dungeon-y sort of places), probably fit into a scout role with the ability to bypass locks/traps and see things before everyone else does with awareness while also being generally knowledgeable about history as it pertains to treasure or old ruins...basically the person that hunts down rare artifacts (real or otherwise) and sells them.  Indiana Jones or Lara Croft sort.

In cities probably a information gatherer, and general society manipulator (via socialize and bureaucracy to a point).  If we end up staying in a place for an over-long period of time might develop a kind of "outlaws guild" designed to uphold a code of honor amongst criminal elements.

Some kind of archer/sniper character could be good...not sure if anyone else was thinking of doing any ranged combat.  Thrown might be handy too.  Assassin?  Stealth Supernal?
A&A

Pumpkin Seeds

Looks like I'll be going Snake Style.

Lockepick

I think I'm actually leaning more towards a Dawn Caste now. Still going the Apex Predator/Hunter route: focusing on Survival, Archery, Awareness, and maybe some War. I'm thinking of taking a pair of familiars -- leaning towards some kind of giant wolf and some kind of hyper-intelligence/aware raven. Still throwing ideas around.

Once I committed to Familiars -- I realized Stealth was kind of not an option, and then I didn't really have anything within Night worth taking. Should be distinct from the other Dawn though, if we even both get in.

EDIT: Apparently Zenith is the only Caste that can take Survival Supernal -- so... hammering out that decision first before proceeding... This was supposed to be a more informative post when I started...

Zaer Darkwail

Well, you can be apex predator without having top tier survival charms since the start. What apex predator does? Hunt down and kill big preys. So you could take supernal archery (or throw) present your prowess as to make a kill while hunting. Or as mentioned this does not need be perfect circle; so three zeniths is not big deal if theme of between zeniths is radically different.