Beauxbatons Academy of Magic (Potterverse) - Recruiting (FOR MALES & FEMALES!)

Started by persephone325, January 05, 2014, 10:05:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArtemisHighmore

Bloodied Porcelain

I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

ArtemisHighmore

persephone325

Quote from: Christa McGinn on January 19, 2014, 01:47:04 PM
Okay. I'm finally making my character sheet! Is History of Magic still open, or has someone gotten it?

Still open as far as I can tell.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Ariamella

I just PMed my application for this, so if spots are still open, I'll gladly join!
My name is Hope, but the "p" is silent on the weekends.
[tr][td]
Ons/Offs[/td][td]lloll[/td][td]Female Faceclaims[/td][td]lloll[/td][td]Male Faceclaims[/td][td]lloll[/td][td]Picture Prompts[/td][/tr][/table]

ArtemisHighmore

Amelita

Quote from: persephone325 on January 19, 2014, 01:01:30 AM
For the sake of balance, new character sheets for students need to be either Papillonlisse or Ombrelune.

Until the numbers balance out again, I will not be accepting characters for Bellefeuille!

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

Amelita

For anyone considering a Professor character, the free positions are:

Astronomy
Ancient runes
Arithmancy

~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~

Clio

Quote from: Amelita on January 20, 2014, 11:11:03 AM
For anyone considering a Professor character, the free positions are:

Astronomy
Ancient runes
Arithmancy

So History of Magic is taken now?
Signature by the amazing Amaris.

Amelita

Didn't you have a HoM one in the making Christa? I thought so, and hence excluded from the list ;)

Clio

Quote from: Amelita on January 20, 2014, 11:26:01 AM
Didn't you have a HoM one in the making Christa? I thought so, and hence excluded from the list ;)

Ah. Yes. She's half done. I don't know why it's taking me so long. The face claim will be Christina Hendricks, and she'll have been a Papillonlisse graduate.

Bloodied Porcelain

NEW GM ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD. The former thread will henceforth be dedicated only to game information (faceclaims, dorm assignments, etc).
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

Amelita

Quote from: Christa McGinn on January 20, 2014, 11:27:44 AM
Ah. Yes. She's half done. I don't know why it's taking me so long. The face claim will be Christina Hendricks, and she'll have been a Papillonlisse graduate.

Christina's reserved I'm afraid, lovey. But take your time on the sheet, there's no immediate hurry ;)

Clio

Quote from: Amelita on January 20, 2014, 11:30:23 AM
Christina's reserved I'm afraid, lovey. But take your time on the sheet, there's no immediate hurry ;)

Oh she is? I thought I'd checked. Sorry. I'll find someone else.

persephone325

I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Clio

Quote from: persephone325 on January 20, 2014, 11:35:28 AM
Someone reserved her last night.

Okay. It must have been after I checked.

No problem. I'll use someone else.

Ariamella

Quote from: ArtemisHighmore on January 20, 2014, 01:28:38 AM
Waves to the new arrival and hands her a cookie.
Yummy, a cookie! I hope it's white chip macadamia nut!

And yes, I applied for Papillonlisse.
My name is Hope, but the "p" is silent on the weekends.
[tr][td]
Ons/Offs[/td][td]lloll[/td][td]Female Faceclaims[/td][td]lloll[/td][td]Male Faceclaims[/td][td]lloll[/td][td]Picture Prompts[/td][/tr][/table]

Clio

Thanks for holding the History of Magic for me, but I think I won't have enough time. I'm working on moving to New Zealand for a year, so I think I'll pass and hopefully join sometime in the future. I really want to play, as a Beauxbatons RP site was what got me into RP to begin with, but I think maybe the reason I'm having trouble finishing the bio is because I know I shouldn't do it. Lol.

Hopefully I can join someday, though.

So History of Magic is up for grabs.

Bloodied Porcelain

Thank you for letting us know, Christa, and if you get more time available in the future, please feel free to apply then. :)

Emmykins

I will be submitting my girly at some point soon! Today, even! <3

Bloodied Porcelain

Amelita

Emmykins

persephone325

Quote from: Emmykins on January 22, 2014, 06:35:33 PM

Ohh. I just saw this! Totally need to change things! -Scampers. <3

Emmy! Don't worry about that. Belle is open again.
I don't know.

Praxis

**Looking for approval of a potential professor at Beauxbatons**

Character Name: Orin Augustus Melchior
Birth date & Age: October 1st, 1975 – 38 years old
Bloodstatus: Half-Blood
Wand:Beech Wood – Unicorn Hair Core – 12 & ¾ inches
Beauxbatons Alumni: Professor Mechior attended Hogwarts and was a member of House Slytherin
Class(es): Arithmancy
Special Abilities: Professor Melchior has a heightened sense of awareness. Not that his senses are better than any one else really.  It’s just that he pays attention to them.  He pays attention to everything.  Nothing is too small to NOT matter or escape his notice.

Appearance
Hair: Black, closely cropped if not shaved.
Eyes: Brown
Weight:189 lbs
Height:6’2”
Physical Description: Regular, intensive exercise has given him a significantly imposing physique.
Other Notable Features:  A number of scars from his time spent as an Auror.

In Depth

Personality: Intense, Intolerant, Precise, Steadfast, Intelligent

History: Orin came from a half-blood father and a half-blood mother, both of which attended Hogwarts and both of which worked for the Ministry of Magic in low ranking administrative positions there.  He had what he considers to be neither a wonderful, nor a poor childhood.  From an early age, he was a serious child focused on simply learning as much as he could as often as he was able.  There was nothing manic in the way he went about this but he could often be found devouring books of all types both of a magical sort as well as any books that were from the muggle side of things. 

Knowledge of things was important to Orin.

Studies allowed him to learn no less than five different languages and learning dialects as well is something that interests him.

It was a surprise to his family when he was sorted into Slytherin; everyone save Orin.  Orin had grown into a ferociously intelligent, determined young man that while very fond of books, also was keenly aware of the challenges of ignorance, both in himself as well as in those around him.  More than anything else, Orin felt that ignorance was the single most contributing factor to what happened with Voldemort as well as a number of other problems in the past and currently in today’s wizarding society.

School was simply not a challenge for him…at least not challenging from an academic point of view.  Socially…was a somewhat different matter but by third year, Orin had a tight group of Ravenclaw and Slytherin “friends”, although describing Orin as sociable or popular would be humourous at best.

As Orin proceeded through Hogwarts he began to show no small amount of skill at Arithmancy.  To the point where he was simply doing all of the calculations and analysis in his head at seemingly a constant rate with everything and everyone around him.

It led him to having a very keen eye and understanding of a given situation at a given time and upon graduating, Orin was quickly inserted into a role as an Auror.  Not exactly the type that goes in and apprehends criminals but of the sort that would arrive at a crime scene and apply his expertise in analysis and investigation, something of which he excelled at.
It was one case he had been assigned to that resulted in the criminal seeking Orin out and doing no small amount of bodily harm to Orin and nearly killed him.  Going forward; upon healing, Orin put it upon himself to not only be capable mentally, but also physically and he started an intensive exercise regime that he continues to this very day.

Rumors surrounding Professor Melchior’s arrival as the new Arithmancy professor suggest that he was either let go as an Auror or possibly he’s being hidden from a criminal or criminals in order to keep him safe from retaliation for work he had done on a previous case.

Dislikes: Deliberate ignorance, secrets

Player name        Praxis