Camp Crimson Lake - 1980s style slasher game

Started by RedEve, March 19, 2017, 09:09:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swashbuckler

I am super down for any connections someone might want to make with Drew!

Darkwhysper

Any local characters would definitely know Reese, and the story about his father...and would probably think he was weird and creepy...:)
Where's your will to be weird?   

~Jim Morrison

Ons and Offs

RedPhoenix

Quote from: Darkwhysper on March 23, 2017, 08:16:10 PM
Any local characters would definitely know Reese, and the story about his father...and would probably think he was weird and creepy...:)

I plan on having Sheena be from the local high school, so this works. :)

*waves to all the new people* :)
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

Darkwhysper

Quote from: RedPhoenix on March 23, 2017, 08:30:28 PM
I plan on having Sheena be from the local high school, so this works. :)

*waves to all the new people* :)

Yep, given Sheena's character, he might actually appeal to her in a weird way...lol.

~Jim Morrison

Ons and Offs

RedPhoenix

Quote from: Darkwhysper on March 23, 2017, 08:42:07 PM
Yep, given Sheena's character, he might actually appeal to her in a weird way...lol.

Aw yeah, rebels and freaks, in your face 1980s society!!!
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

AndyZ

Did you get the arrogant jock for this yet?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Rachubka

Totally speaking out of turn, but I believe there is no dickhead jock as of yet.

RedEve

Quote from: Twisted iN Tux on March 23, 2017, 05:37:41 PM
Two questions:

1. Are you still recruiting?
2. May I play the dumb, macho jock?

Cheers,
Tony

PS: I normally play gay, but for this, I can totally be the stereotypical jock who thinks everyone wants a piece of him! Okay. Now he sounds more bi. Hmm. Anyway. I'm game for whatever, that is, if you're still looking!

Quote from: AndyZ on March 23, 2017, 10:17:34 PM
Did you get the arrogant jock for this yet?

I have received a character sheet for such a character, but the player in question still needs to add a little bit to it. I still expect to get a revised version, probably either today or tomorrow.
But as I stated earlier, I never meant the listing of archetypes to be exhaustive, nor that there couldn't be some overlap between the archetypes. So we can have two jocks, the same we we can have to slutty girls.  :P
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Darkwhysper

Quote from: RedPhoenix on March 23, 2017, 10:01:09 PM
Aw yeah, rebels and freaks, in your face 1980s society!!!

Hair metal and wine coolers forever! Wooooo!

~Jim Morrison

Ons and Offs

Twisted iN Tux

Quote from: RedEve on March 24, 2017, 02:54:36 AM
I have received a character sheet for such a character, but the player in question still needs to add a little bit to it. I still expect to get a revised version, probably either today or tomorrow.
But as I stated earlier, I never meant the listing of archetypes to be exhaustive, nor that there couldn't be some overlap between the archetypes. So we can have two jocks, the same we we can have to slutty girls.  :P

Noted. Interest withdrawn for the jock.

How about a trust fund baby/yuppie stud who thinks money can buy him everything? You know, the golden boy named Chad or Brad who usually wears Ray Bans, a popped up, pink polo, and a sweater on his shoulders. Got room for someone like that?

Mellific

Quote from: Twisted iN Tux on March 24, 2017, 09:10:02 AM

How about a trust fund baby/yuppie stud who thinks money can buy him everything? You know, the golden boy named Chad or Brad who usually wears Ray Bans, a popped up, pink polo, and a sweater on his shoulders. Got room for someone like that?

^ Someone like that sounds like a fantastic addition. I love that his name is "Chad or Brad," too. I'm picturing a type similar to Steff McKee (played by James Spader) from Pretty in Pink.

O/O | A/A | MM

Rachubka

I'm so mad at your character already.

RedEve

That would certainly work, if you can find a reason for why he is slumming it with the plebs. :P

Twisted iN Tux

Quote from: Mellific on March 24, 2017, 09:29:09 AM
^ Someone like that sounds like a fantastic addition. I love that his name is "Chad or Brad," too. I'm picturing a type similar to Steff McKee (played by James Spader) from Pretty in Pink.

Exactly! And he'll be exactly the kind of guy you'll want to see take a pick to the gut or an ax to the head. *wicked smirk* I mean, uh, yeah...no...I mean exactly that.

Quote from: RedEve on March 24, 2017, 09:41:33 AM
That would certainly work, if you can find a reason for why he is slumming it with the plebs. :P

Maybe his daddy owns the camp? Gotta send junior to check things out? Or, in typical slasher style, his car broke down and he just needs to use the phone. Dun-dun-dun. I'll come up with some plausible reason.

AndyZ

I've been in the situation where I've already put together a character only to have someone come along and ask about it, only to have to throw away the concept I already had.  I refuse to do it to someone else.

Twisted, the jock's all yours ^_^
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

RedEve

GypsyRose has bowed out of this game, so her approved character sheet has been removed from the opening post.  :-(

That means we are back down to seven approved characters.

Twisted iN Tux

Quote from: AndyZ on March 24, 2017, 09:47:13 AM
I've been in the situation where I've already put together a character only to have someone come along and ask about it, only to have to throw away the concept I already had.  I refuse to do it to someone else.

I'm actually withdrawing interest in the jock because someone else already submitted something. I too hate to be a concept hijacker.

RedEve

The reason behind my initial listing of archetype was to give people some sort of list to get started with, but it was never meant to be an exhaustive list.
So basically any character you can fit into a "Friday the 13th" style slasher setting would work here too.

But I would connect the character somewhat to the camp operation, otherwise they will have too little involvement in the first phase of the game.

Twisted iN Tux

Quote from: RedEve on March 24, 2017, 09:54:56 AM
The reason behind my initial listing of archetype was to give people some sort of list to get started with, but it was never meant to be an exhaustive list.
So basically any character you can fit into a "Friday the 13th" style slasher setting would work here too.

But I would connect the character somewhat to the camp operation, otherwise they will have too little involvement in the first phase of the game.

Makes perfect sense. Chad/Brad will definitely have a valid reason for being there from the start. I should be able to whip something up either later on tonight after work or first thing tomorrow morning.

rekhaiyer

Cravings & Ideas
O/O

"Here Come the Hawks!" Toews <3

rekhaiyer

Oh and I would also be up for teaming up with someone, preferably in a dynamic that isn't sexual because this is my first attempt at writing a male character and also because the character is twenty-eight years old while most of the women are teenagers, which would be weird.
Cravings & Ideas
O/O

"Here Come the Hawks!" Toews <3

Gateman

If you're still taking characters, I'm down for making a Comic Relief male.

RedEve

Quote from: Gateman on March 24, 2017, 07:44:04 PM
If you're still taking characters, I'm down for making a Comic Relief male.

Send me a CS.  :-)

vin26m

Quote from: RedEve on March 24, 2017, 02:54:36 AM

I re-submitted my jerky-jock-horndog-party-guy...

... who comes from a rich family and is named Thad.

Quote from: AndyZ on March 24, 2017, 09:47:13 AM

Quote from: Twisted iN Tux on March 24, 2017, 09:49:31 AM
I'm actually withdrawing interest in the jock because someone else already submitted something. I too hate to be a concept hijacker.

It actually would have been nice to have more jocks.

Don't let the fact that I happened to submit a first draft of a jock before anyone else discourage you.

Multiple jocks could be teammates.

And three jocks with one slutty girl can be fun.