Dark Souls (Interest Check)

Started by ReanimateMagnus, December 17, 2014, 03:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReanimateMagnus

Set in the world of Dark Souls. More specifically the ancient kingdom of Balder. Legions of undead scorch the land with darkness. Ruins and rock are all that is left of this once mighty land. A few unlucky souls are trapped within the walls of the city and with no foreseeable way out they search out the last known location of the kings key. Eaten by the very spouse of the drake he had slain so many years ago. With few human effigies left who would be the first to turn hollow indefinitely, will the dragon even still be in Balder or is there a secret exit they haven't found yet. Once they escape Balder they're not out of the woods yet, as Vinheim is just north of Balder and with the recent news of a dragon slain would anger the Dragon Scholar Sorcerers and diplomacy would be needed, that or sheer force of will and power.

Potential Characters

Merchant
Fighter
Sorcerer
Hex Mage
White Mage
Slave
Civilian
Dragon (Possibly?)

I will update this page with more information.

Inerrant Lust

This could be interesting.. but I don't feel like the setting lends itself to anything but the most vague of interactions between people, much less anything romantic/sexual. :P

But I do love dark souls, so I may be interested..

Hazel

Inerrant Lust

Given the setting, I would love to play one of the Baller Knights, with their swagswords and all. Perhaps a knight under King Rendal at the time where he decides to venture to Anor Londo..

Though that depends on your plot, eh, Reanimate? :P

ReanimateMagnus

Inerrant Lust

Not necessarily... Dark Souls Lore can be pretty vague, after-all. :P

Like I said, it's up to you. As I recall, all that's stated about Balder is that it had suffered from the undead curse and their king and a bunch of his knights decided to go to Anor Londo to try to and find a cure, but they ended up all failing. Likely that's why so many appear in Sen's Fortress and the Undead Parish, apparently not getting any further than that.

TheHangedOne

I'd be interested as a warrior. We would be playing as Undead, right? Or would we be humans, and have to be careful about dying?
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

eternaldarkness

I'd be down for either the Hexer or Dragon. I love love love Dark Souls and have been considering running something DS-inspired myself.

LuciferOs

I adore fanstasy but I have not played dark souls.

Would someone like me ruin the immersion for others ?
That's right ! Lucifer is a woman !
Active threads
See my role play preferences (underneath my picture) for my ons and offs

eternaldarkness

Quote from: LuciferOs on January 08, 2015, 04:33:38 AM
I adore fanstasy but I have not played dark souls.

Would someone like me ruin the immersion for others ?

No you wouldn't, but it's a dark (very dark) fantasy game/world.

Here's a summary (a funny one, it's actually much more serious, and you can find a TON of dark souls lore videos on YouTube that are entertaining even if you never play the game. darK Souls fans take their game VERY seriously. You may notice themes similar to some of the ones from Dark Souls 1 and 2 in my D&D game, actually :D and i steal names and naming conventions shamelessly.): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9x_koRZ2bA&index=6&list=FLyN7Nd1NDIX7gPSkF1k6UhQ

LuciferOs

That was hilarious !!

Well if someone like me is welcome, I am not that good at the lore / history side of it for obvious reasons but hopefully I can role play without upsetting too much.

Also it would be good to know how much sex would be in the game, or would it mainly be adventuring ?
That's right ! Lucifer is a woman !
Active threads
See my role play preferences (underneath my picture) for my ons and offs

eternaldarkness

*Shivers*

If were playing as undead....less sex is probably good (unless you're into that kinda thing, not judging anyone).

if we're humans...less sex is probably still good, because i wouldn't be surprised if the Curse can be sexually transmitted. The Dark Souls universe is just that kind of place: Everything wants to kill you.

Garuss Vakarian

Your undead yes, but it is more of a have no soul kind of curse. Your only zombie like after death, but can have a pulse again so to speak, provided with the use of a human Effigy. ^^ So that shouldnt be a problem.

eternaldarkness

Quote from: Garuss Vakarian on January 08, 2015, 05:00:43 AM
Your undead yes, but it is more of a have no soul kind of curse. Your only zombie like after death, but can have a pulse again so to speak, provided with the use of a human Effigy. ^^ So that shouldnt be a problem.

I know, but something about Dark Souls just kills my boner instantly. Except Priscilla, Shanalotte and Gwynevere. They make that sucker rise from the dead. Like, i'd kill to have someone play Shanalotte or Priscilla in an RP.

In fact, that's a great idea. Priscilla has to be lonely in Ariamis...

TheHangedOne

So, what sort of character sheet are we going to use?
Check out my poet tree!

Myrra

I'm not very big on videogames, but I find the universe of Dark Souls especially enchanting. I'd love to get to play in that RP.

TheHangedOne

So, for my character, I'm thinking of a Wanderer from Zena who uses a spear, rather than sword and shield. Would that be cool?
Check out my poet tree!

eternaldarkness

Methinks the OP may have abandoned this idea, but I might be willing to take it up myself as a group RP, if anyone is interested. Though i'm more of a DS2 fan, myself.

TheHangedOne

It's possible. If you do make your own game, eternal, please PM me.  Haven't played 2, but I'm still interested.
Check out my poet tree!