Post Apocolyptic Interest Check [NC]

Started by Inkidu, April 06, 2009, 05:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkidu

Lets see direction. I said I wanted to give it a movie-like feel with some Dead Rising-style humor. As far as any character archetype. The motivations are pretty much their own. Everyone goes to Vegas.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Destiny Ascension

I'll write up a character tonight. :)
"Build courage when courage seems to fail, gain faith when there seems to be little cause for faith, create hope when hope becomes forlorn."
Andraste's flaming sword! I know where babies come from!

shadowbane

I just saw this was in my home city of Vegas, if you care for the realism of it at all Then PM me, but otherwise this looks staright up my alley, there are still openings, correct?

Inkidu

Quote from: shadowbane on April 10, 2009, 04:20:26 PM
I just saw this was in my home city of Vegas, if you care for the realism of it at all Then PM me, but otherwise this looks staright up my alley, there are still openings, correct?
Well the Terrain is pretty much face-lifted to hell and back. Kind of like what they did to DC in Fallout 3. I'm actually going to be putting in a time line to help put events in perspective.

However due to internet issues it will happen tomorrow internet holding out.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Inkidu

Disclaimer: The following is a work of pure fiction; it in no way represents the political views of the author or calls any real politics into question, makes assumptions, or insinuates anything about the political parties. It is simply used for the realistic effect it brings.

Nevada Rising Time Line:

August 2009:
Radical movements in Libya begins it's reformation of Africa into a united continent.
December 2009: Young, charismatic politician Hideki Yomotomo sweeps up the Japanese government in promises of reform and prosperity.

March 2010:
The man who would later become known as Virgil is born in Phoenix, Arizona.
September 2010: Warner Moffit a well-respected African-American physicist develops the means by which practical cold-fusion is possible. That same month Sun-Il Park is self-proclaimed dictator of N. Korea, after a successfully overthrowing the old regime
November 2010: President Obama initiates the cold-fusion power initiative bill attempting to bring the new, clean, efficient power to poor parts of the world. It is met with understandable opposition by Congress which think the weapons potential is too high. The bill is shot down.

Spring 2011:
President Obama sends the U.S. Army and the U.S.S Ronald Regan to the waters of Africa to deal with the Libya crisis. The Libyans infiltrate the Regan and kill the crew with N. Korean special operatives.

Fall 2011:
The now predominantly conservative Congress begins an investigation despite public outcry attempting to work with the president to resolve the issue peacefully. General popularity of the current situation falls drastically.

Fall 2012: In a landslide election forty-six-year-old Massachusetts Senator Richard Amadeus Mayweather is elected new president of the United States.

January 2012:
What would later be called the White House Tragedy. The world's first cold-fusion is created and deployed in the white house killing all the prominent figures in DC as well as the greater downtown area. Senator William Donovan who was left in Hawaii hospitalized with food poisoning is the only one left in line for the presidency.

The next day N. Korea invades Seoul; twelve hours later N. Korea controls it's peninsula.

The day after Emergency President Donovan asks the U.N. to retaliate. Only Britain and the newly-militarized Japan respond.

September 2013:
Libya finally finalizes the uniting of Africa under the United African Empire, they invade Italy, France, Germany and the United Kingdom.

December 2013:
Great Britain and America are forced to withdraw from the N. Korean offensive. Japan feigns the same reason and invades Australia. Hideki begins Operation Nine-Tailed Warrior.

June 2015: After two years of skirmishes and conflicts the situation can no longer contain itself. World War III erupts with three fronts. The U.N., The U.A.E.-N. Korean Alliance, and the Russo-Japanese Alliance.

July 2034:
The world ends in a blaze of unholy fire.

April 2044: Britain rises with it's order it's base in Versailles at France. They quickly instigate the American-Re-expansion Effort and send a command to Boston.

2045: Small cities begin to rebuild themselves in Chicago, Montgomery, San Antonio, and Las Vegas. June of that year Virgil is first seen by the last remaining British satellite; it is obvious he's in control of the major parts of Americas West.

2046: The Japanese take Hawaii. Establishing a base at Pearl Harbor.

2047: The Events of the role play onwards.

I thought it would be neat to add our characters dates of birth as they're added.

Destiny Ascension

Controller: Destiny Ascension
Name: Candice Chase
Title or Nickname: Can-dance, Candy
Sex: Female
Favored weapons: Storm series weapons, Rx4 Storm Assault Rifle, 5.56mm(NO AMMO)(Trijicon relfex sight and foregrip, sound suppressor), dual Px4 Storm SD handguns, no modifications.
Appearance: http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r60/KristieAndreaParker/re5.jpg
Bio: Candice Elizabeth Chase was born in 2017 in the city of New York. Both her parents were in the United States Navy and she was left in the care of her Aunt during the yeasr before the war. Candice's aunt had a substantial amount of wealth, and as such, Candice was schooled by private means, although very limited schooling was available and she received not even the minimum standards prior to the war.

A large group of former Military personnel form a group known as the American Resurrection Front, and Candice is a mixed of willingly and unwillingly recruited due to her heritage and family. Despite both her parents being killed during the war, and her Aunt shortly later, she becomes something of an adopted teenager within the remains of the US Army.

5 years later, the group collapses under corruption and Candice flees South from the remains of DC and then West towards Los Angels after hearing a rumor from a former ARF member about her Mother still living on the West Coast.
"Build courage when courage seems to fail, gain faith when there seems to be little cause for faith, create hope when hope becomes forlorn."

Inkidu

Quote from: Destiny Ascension on April 11, 2009, 05:59:44 PM
Controller: Destiny Ascension
Name: Candice Chase
Title or Nickname: Can-dance, Candy
Sex: Female
Favored weapons: 'Gauss' style Coilguns/Caseless Pulse Rifles(Think Mass Effect)
Appearance: http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r60/KristieAndreaParker/re5.jpg
Bio: Candice Elizabeth Chase was born in 2017 in the ruined city of New York. Both her parents were in the United States Navy and she was left in the care of her Aunt during the yeasr before the war. Candice's aunt had a substantial amount of wealth, and as such, Candice was schooled privately in the years before the war erupted.

Candice graduated with honors from West Point in late 2037, however due to the United States Armed Forces degrading into broken groups and fragmenting. Candice joins her class instructor in a group known as the American Revival Front, a remnant of the 7th Special Forces Group.

5 years later, the group collapses under corruption and Candice flees South from the remains of DC and then West towards Los Angels, running into Las Vegas by accident.
A.) Which Mass Effect Weapon.
B.) Why Jill?
C.) How do you graduate from West Point three years after nuclear Armageddon?

Inkidu

I didn't mean to sound rude, and I'm sorry if I did. I just thought you read the update in material.

LadySky

Controller~  LadySky

Name~  Jessica Hannigan

Title or Nickname~  Jessie or Jess

Age~  July 17, 2020 27 years old

Sex~  Female

Favored Weapons~  BAR Lightweight Stalker semi-automatic rifle

Appearance~  5'2, 108 pds, 34C/20/35, Small boned with hip length straight blonde hair...

Bio~  Jessie was born on a ranch in Montana to a hard working family. Her father could see that the end was coming for the world and made it his purpose to train his daughter in caring for herself. Her mother died when she was only 10 years old from cancer. Treatment for illness was no longer readily available and Jessie had to watch her mother suffer and die with no help. Jess and her father spent almost all their time in the wilderness hunting and living off the land. Eventually they simply left the ranch behind and lived as far from people as possible. Her father recently died of heart failure and after burying him Jessie has wandered alone and angry not quite sure what to do. Having never spent time with people she is quiet and shy and seemingly cold and heartless. Las Vegas is her destination now simply because she is tired of being alone. Never attending a public school she can read only basics and has no formal education. Practical life smarts are her area of expertice and animals are her soft spot.
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Haibane

This is not my thing at all but I am somehow inspired by the work you've done Inkidu and I'll spend a day or two thinking about a character if I may? I'll be writing in first person so tell me if that's not acceptable and as always if a cross-gender player joins I will leave.

Inkidu

Controller: Inkidu
Name: Jonas Gray
Title or Nickname: The White Watchman
Sex: Male
Favored weapons: Two Long Colt .45s (The single action army)
Appearance: A tall man with a runner's physique. He had short, almost spiky, dirty blond hair. Sharp green-icy blue eyes. He had tan skin and three scars bisecting his right eyebrow in three small gaps. It exits his eye and ends on his cheek. Rarely clean shaven he has dirty stubble adorning his jaw and upper lip.

He's typically seen wearing his black leather duster over a dark green tactical vest from his army days. It's marked with a large white stripe painted on his right shoulder and going to his left hip. He wears black knuckle gloves and old charlie service green pants with darker green patches. The ends of which are tucked into combat boots. At his hip is a makeshift holster that holds one gun the other is at the small of his back. He has a small bag he can keep things in at his un-holstered hip. He's never seen without his signature copper-colored shades.

Bio: Born in August 2017 two years after the war he was thrown into the draft system at sixteen like most kids. Growing up in Chicago to elderly parents they all but threw him out to get the incentives for drafting their children. He ended up a marine corporal stationed in China to attack the Japanese front. When his platoon was massacred he deserted the army and headed back to the U.S.
Years of conflict delayed him but he was in Britain when the bombs dropped. He headed back to the U.S. With the Order of the New King and does freelance work for them. This is where he picked up the name White Watchman, as a play on his strange code of conduct. He is currently headed through the Nevada desert.

Destiny Ascension

Quote from: Inkidu on April 11, 2009, 06:03:04 PM
A.) Which Mass Effect Weapon.
B.) Why Jill?
C.) How do you graduate from West Point three years after nuclear Armageddon?

Fixed.

I have another few ideas in mind, if you want me to change I can.

Inkidu

Nuclear Holocaust with the U.S. eastern coast taking much of it?

Edit: I'm not saying there isn't a military remnant of the U.S. I'm saying graduation from West Point is nigh impossible. She could have, but she wouldn't.

Destiny Ascension

Inkidu

Future Weapons: (This is to limit the amount of liberty to keep it checked in)

Rail guns: Portable rifles that shoot a small plastic cube that can penetrate a brick wall. Very powerful but recoil is considerable the power supply is backpack and the reload/recharge time can be cumbersome. One-shot cube stripper clips.

Laser rifles: The prototypes of various weapons companies and the military. A large bulky rifle but still lighter than the rail gun it can fire with no ill effects of weather or environs. However the gas release is easily clogged, and the mirrors are often knocked out of place making it high-maintenance. The power cells are self-contained and rather plentiful if you find a military base. Color is subject to the focus mirrors. Semi-auto

Pulse rifles: The latest addition to the military that was stable enough to mass market. A average lead bullet is encased in a glob of plasma. It burns it hurts, however it's a little on the high-upkeep side as well. It doesn't replace the M16 it was designed as an anti-armor infantry rifle. Semi-Auto. Fires M16 FMJs with a small plastic tube of plasma as an independent peripheral (The plasma is over glorified thermite and  the plastic tubes are volatile.)

Names models and appearances are subject to the players. Just as long as it fits the archetype. :D

Inkidu

Quote from: Destiny Ascension on April 12, 2009, 10:36:46 AM
Fixed.

Is that up to standard?
Sure. The only real problem was C. Everything else was just curiosity. I'll be starting the OOC and Character threads soon. (One more profile and I think it's safe) :D

Inkidu

One more profile and I think we have enough to start.

Inkidu

I think I'm going to go ahead and start.

LadySky

I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Inkidu

Quote from: LadySky on April 15, 2009, 07:49:38 PM
I'm ready when you are!
I was hoping for one more person but here goes.

Inkidu

Inkidu

shadowbane

Hey, Ive been stuck on making a character, its not too late now is it?

Inkidu