Warhammer: Saga of the Norse Queen of Blades

Started by Darthvegeta800, December 09, 2010, 04:55:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darthvegeta800

Warhammer: Saga of the Norse Queen of Blades

Let me tell you little whelp of one of the greatest saga's in the Old World and beyond...

A long time ago, as far as one can use these terms when speaking of the Chaos Wastes... there was a shieldmaiden of the Norse.
She was destined for greatness. Her stern father had perished in glorious gory combat, bringing great joy to Khorne, the brutal Blood God. Ever since her hatred for the decadent and weakminded citizens of the South has been great. No day went by that she did not dream of bringing chaos to the Empire.
Her beloved brother had seemingy perished on a quest to please the Gods of Chaos.
At a young age this woman known as Svana managed to kill an Ice Drake through a mixture of skill, courage and undoubtably... luck.
From this hide she made a cloak and she became a famous hunter amongst her people. Besting the men of her village in combat, she seemed truly blessed by the Gods of Chaos. The Mark of Slaanesh, the Dark Prince, God of lust, pleasure, beauty and perfection, proof that the eyes of a God were upon her.
Brave but brutal, she had no love for anyone. Her heart had fully died when her father and brother  perished. Since that day she was motivated by nothing but ambition and an obsessive desire to stand at the height of perfection. Her personal gratification and goals being dominant in her every action.

Leaving her tribe she undertook the quest that had claimed her brother's life and followed a warrior's path... the same path that had brought doom to her father. That decision would lead to a chain of events that would set Svana on a multitude of quests to prove her mettle and gain the ultimate boons. To become a chosen of Chaos, a Champion of the North... to bring doom to the Empire and eventually... ascend to daemonhood.

But this is but one part of the story as wherever she went, an enigmatic Warrior of Chaos followed her. A brilliant tactician, a ruthless dealer in death, clad in daemonforged armor he was a Chosen of Chaos. His past, present and future linked to this savage and relentless woman.
Whenever her path was blocked he was there to aid her, whenever the odds seemed insurmountable, he gave her strength. His identity an irony that surely made their patron gods chuckle. For the Four Gods of Chaos had plans for them.

And at the end as both had reached their destination only one of them could be left standing... . For when the ambitions of the Gods clash, so must their Champions...
But then again I still hear rumours that deep in the Chaos Wastes where there is only mutation and horror... there is a realm where monsters gather, Chaos Warriors raise their banners. There in a large reality-bending throneroom sits an elegant inhuman beauty, clad in surreal purple armor, at her side a behemoth of a warrior, ever ready to slay for the grand design.
So perhaps the story we have heard is like all stories, flawed and tainted by time.

But I digress, this story should begin here in the North. In the depth of eternal winter when a fierce blizzard assailled our heroine. Because Lady Svana had been on a hunt. Only this time things went awry...

Phantasmatical

I confess to not knowing much about Warhammer, but I understand the dark themes, and that little blurb definitely piqued my curiosity.

Primarch

Darthvegeta800

Sorry for my tardyness to reply.
Some knowledge of Warhammer: Fantasy will probably be required unless you don't mind reading up online.
And of course playing the main character, the heroine. I've recently had pm's where people assumed I was going to play the lead character, which is not the case.  ;D

Primarch

So whats happening now? We getting character sheets, waiting on more interest? Do we have a hoping start to play date?

Darthvegeta800

For the moment i'm in negociations with someone to play. Should it not work out i'll drop a line to each of you to discuss possibilities. However it is a busy period of year so I'm giving the person i'm talking to time to respond at a leisurely pace.

Darthvegeta800

*available once more*

As are Bretonnia themed settings or plots