Dungeon World: Delvers Company (Currently Closed)

Started by Nastara, March 31, 2016, 05:53:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sain

Quote from: Dhi on April 02, 2016, 05:57:19 AM
Nastara, I'd rather be turned down so that you can focus on one group you feel good about than ask you to take on 2 or 3 parties. If you get overwhelmed nobody wins.

This is wisdom and I share the sentiment. Too many times I've seen GM nervous to say no and end up having to share and repeat their ideas/inspiration between too many players for it to be as glorious as it could've been.
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

AndyZ

Guess I should have read through before posting, but I saw the thread and jumped to excitement >.>

It's cool if you don't have room, and if all else fails I could try to shoulder some of the burden if we see definite groups forming.

If you'd actually prefer an assistant to get things done, I could talk to you about that as well ^_^ I have Skype if you need someone to plan and prep with.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Nastara

I always hit a problem that I like concepts people start talking about.

Okay, here is what I'm going to do.  I need to spend a little bit of time coming up with a character application (gonna be sorting through some of the old ones!) and I'll let people know when it is done!  That probably won't happen until later this week, I've got kind of a crazy one.

Once that /does/ happen, it'll be a pretty brief application, I don't want people to get stuck working forevskies and then not ending up in it. I'm hoping to do it kind of like a musical round; Group 1 I'll start up immediately, Group 2 when I'm comfortable with the work load and able to pick up another (probs not until at LEAST a couple of weeks), Group 3 if I get there.

I hope this feels cool with people!
Delvers Company: Origins (Starting Soon!)
Red Team OOC| Blue Team OOC| Worldbuilding

wigglebiscuit

Have you heard of the Ptolus setting? I was searching around for a city-based dungeon crawly setting and this popped up. Apparently it is a fully developed fantasy city with all sorts of dungeons underneath. It might take some of the creative load off of you.

Nastara

The name rings a bell, but I don't think I've read it! I'm mostly just hesitant to do multiple groups in one fell swoop given the time commitment of the posts involved, especially if sexy monster times are the core of sexy times!

wigglebiscuit

Hmm...I think you should decide which you want to do most. It's your game, after all.

Do you want sexy monster time or something a little more serious?

wander

Von Doom;

I'd have to check, but there may be alchemy mage rules in the Class Warfare supplement. Either that or there is very likely a free (or at least very cheap) download for an alchemist playbook on drivethru, if that's what you wanna do.

I've found the system really easy. It's 2d6 for most rolls, outside of damage, with 10+ being a success, 7-9 is success at a cost, 6 and less a failure but gain 1xp, so it's a great system that rewards for you for rolling, even if you score low. :)

Also to our GM, I'm personally okay with you taking your time and centring before getting the game(s) rolling... Also, as a cheap plug, in the sig is my Wander Worlds, I actually built it for a Dungeon World setting after originally doing it for Traveller. Links in my sig for anyone who wants to see what I did there with this setting. :)

Dhi

I'll withdraw so the player pool is not so large. All the best!

Robyn Hood

If there ends up being any room. I'd be interested. The character concept is like the Little Mermaid, a mermaid princess enthralled with the surface world that makes a dark bargain. Except instead of a sea witch it is a monster that she gives her body to and has the ability to go back and forth between legs and tail. Unfortunately is also cursed, 'vulnerable to sex'. If I play I'll elaborate with a full background.

My interests lie in a mix of PC/NPC and monster (noncon)sex. I would be a bard ^_^

Nastara

Alright, Delvers Company is OFFICIALLY GATHERING PLAYERS!

I know that some of you have put some info above this point, but for my own sanity, I'm going to be paying attention to potential characters listed below this line.  If there are any questions you feel I should have asked, feel free to add them in to your answers!  This doesn't need to be War and Peace, I just want to get an idea of what people want to play so that I can make the first group of ~4-6 players.

If players attrit, I will also be needing to add more characters at which point I'll probably directly message.

Here is some code!
[b]Name: [/b]No Gandalfs or SephriophKiller6969s
[b]Race/Class: [/b]If your character is /not/ a core Dungeon World class, please note if you have a pdf of the playbook
[b]Sex/Gender: [/b]All welcome (as long as we're getting a party that works well!)
[b]Interested In: [/b]This is mostly what YOU the player are interested in. Add more if you want to: Men/Women/Trans/Futa/Masculine Monsters/Feminine Monsters/[b]
[b]Brief Description: [/b]At least some physical, some personality
[b]Familiarity With DW/D&D: [/b]I'm going to try to fill DMed sections with description and pictures to help, but I'm curious about familiarity with the lore.
[b]How Often Do You Elliquiy?: [/b]Daily? Weekly? Constantly but only on weekends? Just give me a little pattern.

Sain

What do you mean by "familiarity with the lore"?

VonDoom

I think you may have to re-do the formatting on that code, it's kind of broken.  :-\
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Nastara

I promise, I'm SO much better at GMing than I am at coding.  I'll take a look at it right after I send this post.

By familiarity with the lore, I mean essentially 'Are you familiar with the tropes of Dungeons & Dragons?'  If I told you that you can have a 10 foot pole, does that fill your heart with glee?  Do you know what a beholder, a blink dog, and a displacer beast are?  Is the only dragon you've ever seen voiced by Benedict Cumberbatch?  It's definitely not something I intend to cut party lines along, but it /is/ helpful for me as a GM.  If the tropes are super familiar, then it may be boring to just use them straight up, but I don't want to invert tropes that won't mean anything to anybody.

(And I think that's fixed!)

AndyZ

I'll hold back a bit and let others who aren't as familiar get first pick with classes ^_^
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Nastara

You can feel free to post if you'd like, AndyZ!  This isn't going first come, first served!

VonDoom

Is the Immolator in the link you provided a core class? I didn't see it in other 'core' collections I found.

O&O

AndyZ

Quote from: Nastara on April 04, 2016, 01:38:37 PM
You can feel free to post if you'd like, AndyZ!  This isn't going first come, first served!

I know ^_^ It's more that there seem to be quite a few people who are new, and I'd feel bad if someone really wanted a particular class but I'd already grabbed it.

Nastara

@Andy, Okay!

Ah!  The history of the Immolator is a tiny bit weird.  It came out (I believe) quite a while after Dungeon World did as a charity event for a group trying to bring more women into gaming.  I know some people don't like the playbook, but I /think/ that it has more to do sexism than the playbook itself. 

The main reason I want to know if something is non-core is that I'm not currently in a situation that I can spend money on pdfs to pick up things I'm missing.  Some playbooks are also SUPER egregious in their unbalance, but this one was made by the people who made the game so (hopefully?) it's pretty good.

Edit: Reading through some of the complaints, I can kind of see it. There is DEFINITELY some weirdness with Stat-spread.  Many playbooks focus on one or two stats, Immolator appears to focus on... I'm gonna say 3, but the argument could be made that it is 4.  I think there's probably more anger than it deserves, but that is a little odd.

Faeli

Name:   Sydney Malorne
Race/Class: Human Sorceress / Wizardess / Warlock / Something similar!
Sex/Gender:   Feeemale!
Interested In:   Primarily Noncon scenes with monsters.  And adventure.  I like adventure ^_^
Brief Description:   Sydney is mercilessly sarcastic and a bit of a tease.  She keeps her hair cut short in order to better display her neck and shoulder line and keeps a firm collar around her neck which is attached to her dress, making the garment harder to remove.  She does this both to make people think about how hard it would be to get her undressed and, also, to let her ask people to help her do just that.  She prefers muted, dark colors to offset the deep crimson of her eyes and mystic symbols tattooed on her skin.  It is these symbols from which she derives her power and, should blood or filth obscure their pattern, she would lose all ability until she was able to sufficiently clean them back off.
Familiarity With DW/D&D:   I am very very familiar with D&D, but have never played DW.
How Often Do You Elliquiy?:   I am usually on and have time to post every three days at the longest

Sain

Name: Phelypsis
Race/Class: Outsider* / Barbarian
Sex/Gender: Female/Female
Interested In: Monsters that are Men/Women/Trans/Futa/Masculine- Feminine Monsters/ Really their gender doesn't matter much, but variety would be sweet. Huge fan of non-con/bondage and all things grapply, but I could go for a less smutty take as well. I think I might prefer exotic places/classic adventure with bit more exploration rather than location centric plots with this character. Progressing from lowbie adventurers into proper heroes takes forever to play out, but would be oh-so rewarding to pull off :-) Other PCes that can cuddle Phelypsis and make it all be a-okay after hardships would be nice.
Brief Description: Sitting down Phelypsis can seem somewhat weak at first glance with her eager to please demeanor, massive breasts and the fluffy furs that she loves to wear. One might presume that this demonic tribal girl could probably be pushed to do just about anything and wonder why someone hasn't already put irons on her wrists and neck. The reason becomes obvious when Phelypsis stands up. Her 6'8" frame comes with toned abs, and muscular arms of someone used to solving conflicts with pure brawn and endurance; a necessary trait for surviving the wilderness. All softness has accumulated at her chest, hips and legs, voice and thoughts. It is perhaps that last bit which has made it difficult for Phelypsis to find a squad to roll with. People usually want to have barbarian around as an intimidation factor, not as the first one to get intimidated.
Familiarity With DW/D&D: Never tried DW, but read the basics. Played much D&D.
How Often Do You Elliquiy?: Sometimes I can post daily, but prefer not having to. A post every few days is preferred pace.

Dhi

I'm interested in serving as a replacement if and when you need a filler character.

Nastara

Okay!  Once we're off the ground and delving, I'll definitely keep that in mind, maybe update this thread if we need new blood!

Thank you for the characters, Faeli and Sain!  They look fun!

VonDoom

And here we go, all written rather quickly. I'd want to write a full bit on background and personality for her if I'm in. :)

Name: Nuria

Race/Class: Human Immolator.
Sex/Gender: Female.
Interested In: Men/Women/Trans/Futa/Masculine Monsters/Feminine Monsters. Yes.
Brief Description: Born member of a cult that worships the 'living flame', Nuria is the priestess and vessel of her god. Fiercely beautiful, she acts much like the flame she emulates: she burns high and fast, driven by intense passions and hunger for more. Those she touches may find themselves catching flame -- or all too quickly devoured and left a husk. Both metaphorically and literally. She stands tall and blessed with a sculpted compromise between athleticism and a fully feminine figure. Two features set her apart from regular humans: her ears that are pointed and almost look elfin, which sport two helix piercings and a sharp sickle-shaped bone through each lobe. Her eyes burn a bright yellow. Both sides of her head is shaved, leaving her with a wild mohawk that ends in a long, braided tail. She wears leather armor -- of a sort.  It only really covers her arms and shoulders properly, the remaining bits look more like a particularly spiky leather bikini. A collar of the same material prominently sits around her neck.

When she came of age, the cult members sacrificed themselves to her flame, which granted her power and her unusual appearance -- and left her alone in the world. A grown woman, she decided to reach out and touch more of the world. Her frantic behaviour is in parts driven by a fear that she can never have anything permanent, for such is not in her own nature and anathema to the flame inside her.

Familiarity With DW/D&D: Very familiar with D&D, not at all with DW.
How Often Do You Elliquiy?: I elliquiy daily, though for individual games I prefer a 'post once or twice a week' schedule.

Some more artwork featuring the character used as inspiration for the visual:
http://pictures.hentai-foundry.com/l/Lucien/238421/Lucien-238421-Vorgen_and_Neicul.jpg (NSFW)
http://www.hentai-foundry.com/pictures/user/Lucien/386862/Kamri-and-Jelthra-Chapter-27 (NSFW)
http://www.hentai-foundry.com/pictures/user/Lucien/341058/Kamri-vs.-Belvakr-RETALIATION-and-SUBMISSION (NSFW)

O&O

wander

Name: Shadowe
Race/Class: Elf/class warfare Warrior; Ranger, Sharpshooter and Shadow specialties (Basically Ranger with stealth instead of animal companion)
Sex/Gender: Cis male.
Interested In: Feminine Men/Women/Transfemales/Feminine Monsters.
Brief Description:

Shadowe is a dark haired attractive young man who seems to have a bit of human-blood about him, fitting more to the height and weight of an average half-elf than a full blooded one. Either way, compared to humans he is a short 5'6 and he is of slim more elven build. He wears his dark hair long and has pale skin.
Shadowe is a neutrally aligned sharp shooter, his general way of being speaks of his intellect and he has as quick a wit as his ability to nock arrows. He tends to err on caution but also likes to jump into adventure if coin or reward is involved, it's more for his continued survival than a lack of wanting to get to the action. He can come off as casual and 'cool' to his friends, but if someone is part of his group, no matter who they are he'll care about them as they managed to get that close to him to begin with. His favoured weapons are his hunting bow and he carries a short sword for emergencies. He has a preference for dark spots and it's almost as if he is a ranger and his companion are the shadows themselves.
Familiarity With DW/D&D: Very familiar with DW. I also have played AD&D 2nd edition and D&D 3.5. The latter was in Forgotten Realms. I'm fairly comfortable with the deal of what dungeon world is about and the tropes of the fantasy dungeon crawling in general.
How Often Do You Elliquiy?: On each day, tend to post IC at most daily, though comfier with twice or three times a week.

Nastara

Me Five Minutes Ago:
Well, I'll check my emails, see if anyone posted.  Probably all gonna be the same class.  Probably all gonna be rogues.  Why do all my groups always want to be rogues?

*check*

;D :'( ;D