Sailor Moon { MxM } Recruiting!

Started by TeacupTwink, September 25, 2014, 02:27:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TeacupTwink

Quote from: Cupcakemon on October 10, 2014, 12:55:24 PM
Hi! I wanted to say I was interested and Imma make a thing for Saturn once I find a face I like for him. Saphir got me into this. But I should have it to TeacupTwink by tonight.

Let me know if you need any help from anything  involving history and questions for your character to picture hunting. :] I collect pictures just because I think other people might like  them sometimes Lol so I've got a collection that is too large to manage.

Cupcakemon

Quote from: TeacupTwink on October 10, 2014, 02:00:10 PM
Let me know if you need any help from anything  involving history and questions for your character to picture hunting. :] I collect pictures just because I think other people might like  them sometimes Lol so I've got a collection that is too large to manage.
I do too from my gaia rp days. I am just having a hard time deciding on the face I wanna use. I'm tryin to make sure that I read over everybody's things so far just to make sure I get things down correctly.

TeacupTwink

Quote from: Cupcakemon on October 10, 2014, 02:13:30 PM
I do too from my gaia rp days. I am just having a hard time deciding on the face I wanna use. I'm tryin to make sure that I read over everybody's things so far just to make sure I get things down correctly.

Well, if an appearance is a struggle - remember to think if Saturn's colors will suit them. The violet and black combo.  Also, take into account it is the " Sailor Scout of Destruction "  :P So those two things may help build some characterization.

Saphir

I guess basically someone dark and handsome for Saturn. Though Hotaru was pretty adorable for a girl that could wipe out entire planets.

ALSO to have more weapon diversity,  I have switched weapons, so Mars is the only archer. Mercury now wields a pair of badass revolvers to headshot youmas. All that time spent in his room playing Resident Evil/Biohazard is going to pay off for him now. -proud sniffle-

Cupcakemon

Quote from: TeacupTwink on October 10, 2014, 05:36:14 PM
Well, if an appearance is a struggle - remember to think if Saturn's colors will suit them. The violet and black combo.  Also, take into account it is the " Sailor Scout of Destruction "  :P So those two things may help build some characterization.
I'll keep that in mind. I think I have a face for him but it has to wait until I can get on my laptop. Then I can type everything out. :3

Quote from: Saphir on October 10, 2014, 05:55:25 PM
I guess basically someone dark and handsome for Saturn. Though Hotaru was pretty adorable for a girl that could wipe out entire planets.

ALSO to have more weapon diversity,  I have switched weapons, so Mars is the only archer. Mercury now wields a pair of badass revolvers to headshot youmas. All that time spent in his room playing Resident Evil/Biohazard is going to pay off for him now. -proud sniffle-

I was thinking that too. I wanna make him dark and mysterious and interesting. He is gonna be different than Hotaru.

Ahhh, I should think of weapons too.

Saphir

Quote from: Cupcakemon on October 10, 2014, 06:00:38 PM
Ahhh, I should think of weapons too.
Saturn has it pretty easy weapon wise. The Silence Glaive is iconic to Sailor Saturn as it is her tool to bring about ruin. So I'd say a Scythe weapon since it is associated with Saturn's 'reaping' and destructive abilities. But upgrade it to something more masculine from the Silence Glaive...something bad ass like this.

Lockepick

Not sure if this helps or hurts -- but Sailor Moon kind of had Saturn and Pluto backwards.

In Sailor Moon: Saturn = Death; Pluto = Time -- where the Greek Gods were the opposite. With our little reboot, might be possible to sort of... correct that mistake. Not sure how much we want to stick to canon there.
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Saphir

Yeeep lot of people say. And I usually hand this article to them:
Sailor Saturn and Sailor Pluto: The Problems with the "Switch" Argument

Zeth

Saphir

Lockepick

I'm not playing either, so it doesn't really matter much to me! I wouldn't be upset if Saturn wanted to stay as Death (or Silence) and Pluto wanted to stay as Time (or Change).

Ha, this is a very nice and well thought out article. Not to sound like a sore loser -- but I think Occam's Razor applies here. If you need this much information to counteract the most basic descriptions of the gods, 'Pluto, God of Death' and 'Saturn, God of Time' being swapped.. eh... I don't find it that compelling.

I'm pretty sure there is a complicated formula that tells you 2 + 2 = 5 -- it doesn't mean I'm going to use that specific thought process in my day to day counting.

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Saphir

Lol, well...I do get where you're coming from though because I used to wonder the same thing.

Naoko mish-mashed a lot of things. Venus having Light based powers because it's the brightest body in the sky aside from the moon (and because it resembled the moon, thats probably why Sailor Venus and Sailor Moon were designed to look so similar). Her love based attacks obviously a reference to the goddess of love but she's also associated with metal (Love Me-Chain~) because Venus is known as the 'Gold/Metal Star' in Japanese. Jupiter is similar kinda....lightning attacks obviously associated with the Roman god's Lightning Bolts but then also has plant based attacks because of it being known as the 'Wood Star' in japan.

It's like all the Outer Senshi, except Neptune have to make you scratch your head in some way. Uranus is supposed to be the Senshi of the Sky but her 'World Shaking' attack always seemed more Earth based than Wind/Air to me...but apparently it was her ''gathering energy from the sky' like Neptune 'gathers energy from the sea' instead of attacking with actual water when she does 'Deep Submerge'. The Outers are weird. Awesome but weird.

-Rolls away because too much of his Sailor nerd is showing now-

blackcatotaku

No such thing as too much of a sailor moon fan Saphir; the character design for Usagi was actually based on Minako because Sailor V didn't do well as a manga when it released so the publisher encouraged Naoko to write a more vulnerable lead character as much of the fan base complained that Minako was too perfect, too confident and not Japanese enough. Hence Usagi was born out of frustration because Naoko didn't want to write a typical female lead but the vulnerable cry baby who was somehow a loveable mess was born and she had to fight with her editor to reintroduce Minako as one of the sailor scouts.

Saphir

Minako-Chan is perfect! Perfectly lovable and why I always related to her the most.

#Me

...-Will pretend to like Math for Mercury Muse sake though-

Zeth

Quote from: blackcatotaku on October 11, 2014, 01:20:50 AM
No such thing as too much of a sailor moon fan Saphir; the character design for Usagi was actually based on Minako because Sailor V didn't do well as a manga when it released so the publisher encouraged Naoko to write a more vulnerable lead character as much of the fan base complained that Minako was too perfect, too confident and not Japanese enough. Hence Usagi was born out of frustration because Naoko didn't want to write a typical female lead but the vulnerable cry baby who was somehow a loveable mess was born and she had to fight with her editor to reintroduce Minako as one of the sailor scouts.

Well that explains a lot.  While I adore Usagi, I kind of wondered why the cry baby was the leader.

RainbowRian

-flops in-  What a long day.  Hi guys!

HockeyGod

Hmmm...well I haven't been in an RPG for a long time, but this one seems very interesting to me. I also only know basic information about Sailor Moon. A couple of questions...

Will limited knowledge cause problems?
Has anyone claimed Pluto yet?

Thx...

Lockepick

Nobody has posted here about taking Pluto, so I think they're open! So far, I don't think limited knowledge would be an issue -- the bad guys aren't following any specific season, and we're using the old 'Sailors' as more of inspirations than anything.

I really do hope you join up! I've been looking forward for a chance to RP with you for a while!

Saphir

-BlinkBlink- Wow, Alxnijsh! Glad to see you getting back in the swing of RPing. I second Locke, I've been wanting to write with you too <3

And nah, you don't need deep knowledge of Sailor Moon to make a character for this. Everything you really need to know about the game, Teacup has already posted on the front page .

HockeyGod

Excellent - I think I'm up to the challenge.

Now the most difficult job of choosing a likeness...

RainbowRian

They all look delicious.  Lol  on another note... found out after being unsure, that its now legal in my state to get married.

HockeyGod

So, that leads me to a couple additional questions which perked up from reading the various Pluto / Saturn discussions above. While Pluto's forbidden power has to do with time, the more utilized powers have to do with death.

1. Should Pluto have a forbidden power over time?

2. Should I continue with the theme of death for his other powers?

Thoughts?

Fredasce

Quote from: RainbowRian on October 11, 2014, 08:38:33 PM
They all look delicious.  Lol  on another note... found out after being unsure, that its now legal in my state to get married.

Congrats [Insert state name here]!

My O/O's
Request Thread
Let my heart be still a moment, and this mystery explore

RainbowRian

Fredasce

Quote from: RainbowRian on October 11, 2014, 08:55:47 PM
Lol North Carolina Dear.,

You have saved me seconds of searching on the internet.

My O/O's
Request Thread
Let my heart be still a moment, and this mystery explore