M.O.R.A.N.A :: A Hitmen/Mafia Type of Game [Seeking a Don, amongst others!]

Started by Faustus, December 28, 2012, 12:12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kdyami

Hey all I'm property of the U.S government and as such I may randomly disappear for a day or two.  I apologize in advance but I'll get back to you ASAP

ArtemisHighmore

Haha. I meant send the trainee after the Brain that ha gone 'rogue' in search of his partner the Hitman.

Wow...that sounds really crazy when you spell it all out like that. >.>

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: ArtemisHighmore on January 09, 2013, 02:35:02 AM
Haha. I meant send the trainee after the Brain that ha gone 'rogue' in search of his partner the Hitman.

Wow...that sounds really crazy when you spell it all out like that. >.>

I understand what you mean. What I meant was different than what you are thinking, I think xD I meant that YC (A Brain) could possibly talk with the Hitman trainer (Kdyami's character) about special training in order to find his partner. The trainer could possibly feel sorry for YC and offer to help and keep their training a secret or something along those lines.
Hope this makes sense.

-xSRx

Kdyami

Ok let's try this. If Kyle knew you were looking for you're partner and talked a good plan and knew you're stuff, I. E. went through some basic training. Then there is no way he clears his trainees to hunt you down. Also would try his best to ensure that if an actual Hitman was being sent after you to bring you back and it was absolutely necessary, he would be the one "hunting" you down.
Hey all I'm property of the U.S government and as such I may randomly disappear for a day or two.  I apologize in advance but I'll get back to you ASAP

ArtemisHighmore

Faustus

I imagine as a whole that it is one of those rather intriguing concepts around the headquarters that a Hitman actually disappeared, so individuals ending up looking into her disappearence could certainly occur. Considering her rank, I doubt a trainee would be put directly on her case, however that would be at Kdyami's Kyle's discretion, seeing as how he calls the shots for what a trainee Hitman does.

I think the idea of a Brain training to become a Hitman in order to be able to function on the actual field for locating his former partner is a novel idea indeed, however, and completely approve of the notion.

“You may my glories and my state depose,
But not my griefs; still am I king of those.”

ON's and OFF's || Plots and Ideas || A/A's and Owed Posts [Updated 02/12! Please see.]

Roaper

Username : Roaper
Player Preferences : It's all fine to me.

Full Name : Callum Colm O'Malley
Codename and Nicknames : Dove
Age and Birthdate : 22, March 19th.
Marital Status : Single.
Alliance : Technically a Loyalist, but he could really care less as long as he is paid.
Height : 6'4
Weight : N/A but he's skinny.
Body Type : Tall and Lanky.
Hair : Short, messy, light brown/red hair.
Eyes : Light Green
Distinguishing Features : N/A
Optional Image :

*Technology: Callum takes pride in having the newest technology at his disposable, both at work and at home.
*Plants: Having been born on a farm Callum knows a lot about plants and what they do.
*Math: He went to Accounting School!
*Movies: Seeing as he spends his time sitting around most of the time he watches a lot of movies and TV. But not horror movies.
*Dogs: Callum adores dogs although where he currently lives won't let him have one. His favorite is a Welsh Pembroke Corgi.

Dislikes :
*People who underestimate him: Although he is obviously largely into computers and other electronics, he doesn't enjoy people who see him as simply a tech jockey. Or maybe he does.
*Badly Wired Electronics: More of a pet peeve. If your gonna build a machine to shock yourself it should at least be built for that in the first place.
*Blood: It's squicky and gross and red and it simply makes him sick.
*Sports: He's just never been much of a sports guy. Cricket being the obvious exception.
*Water: Callum likes rain, just not water he has to swim in. The rocky shores of Dublin are a terrifiying thing.

Weaknesses :Physically Weak, Timid, Afraid of the Dark.
Strengths : High Knowledge in Technology and Botany, can take a beating pretty well.
Fears : Afraid of the Dark Achluophobia, and afraid of being alone Autophobia.
Goals : To become very rich beyond his wildest dreams, then to head back to Ireland as a local hero.
Secrets : Has incredibly bad self esteem, and is constantly afraid of keeping himself from happiness.
This section is completely optional and is not required to be filled out, but some may enjoy completing it.

Personality :

History : Hailing from a small farm in Ireland the O'Malley family has never been much for, well much of anything. Callum is a notable example from his birth. Instead of working the crops Callum found his head in any book he could find, be it anything from text books to brochures.
Callum left at the age of 19 and made his way around by computer hacking to make money. Eventually he was picked up Trinity Seekers.

Sexuality : Straight/Heterosexual
Turn On's : Mostly being the passive in a relationship. Sometimes enjoys when his partner uses toys. Showers and baths.
Turn Off's : Violence, Gore, being bound, bathroom play.
Are you alright with Non-Consensual Activities with your character? Yes, this is fine.
Are you alright with sexual activities beyond your character's stated sexuality? This is fine but I would like to be informed about the situation to make a more informed decision.

Anything Else? I'm new here, and this is my first forum roleplay, but not my first roleplay in general.

I'll get around to adding to this, mostly the History and Personality, but I thought I would post this for now. Tell me what needs to be changed or how you feel!

Faustus

I like him so far, Roaper! I was totally sold, personally, at his favourite kind of dog - those are mine too! I can't wait to see you finish him!

ON's and OFF's || Plots and Ideas || A/A's and Owed Posts [Updated 02/12! Please see.]

SweetRevenge

Hi, I was just wondering if you guys still needed an extra hitman trainee? The concept is really interesting, presently working or a profile, but nothing too in-depth yet, in case there are too many XP

CurvyKitten

On a side note Elenore my Brain has an older brother. He'd probably be a rebel as she hasn't seen him since she was taken. I'm open to someone playing him if someone wants to make that sort of link. :) Feel free to pm me or something for plotting.

ArtemisHighmore

Alright, with all that fine feedback I thought I would tackle the character. Here is a work in progress post. ;) Comments and critiques always welcome!

Username : ArtemisHighmore

Player Preferences : I am fine with it so long as there is no romance, just my thing

Full Name : Arthur Augustus Romani Wellington

Codename and Nicknames : “Artie” “Old School”

Age and Birthdate : 29, March 15th (Ides of March ;) )

Marital Status : Currently Single

Occupation : Currently a Brain, unpartnered, feeling inclinations to approach Hitman Training

Alliance : Current loyalty is a bit questionable due to past events

Height : 6’4”
Weight : 180
Body Type : Has a slim, athletic build to him
Hair : Dark brown and tussled
Eyes : Grey-green
Distinguishing Features : His hair tends to look a mess due to his habit of running his fingers through it nervously. Has a small butterfly tattooed on the inside of his right upper arm so that he will always remember
Optional Image : Work in progress -_-

Likes : Has a deep love for classical music, old literature, coffee, world history, chewing on pens
Dislikes : Impatient people, those who will not acknowledge him, criminals, loud music and clutter.
Weaknesses : Arthur has been known to develop tunnel vision when he is set to a task, neglecting everything else until it is accomplished. He also tends to shun socializing, preferring the company of books to people.
Strengths : Arthur is extremely detail oriented, and prefers to weigh everything out so that one step forward will not put him two steps back. He is also extremely driven and will work himself to the bone to accomplish any task set before him.
Fears : He has a strong fear of loss and extremely confined spaces, a product of his childhood
Goals : Arthur really only has one goal and that is to find his missing partner
Secrets : Arthur holds several secrets, a big one being that he spends nearly every moment he has spare to search for Samantha, his old partner. He also has a small tattoo in her memory that he does his best to keep hidden. Arthur misled the partner he had before Samantha when he discovered the target being tracked was his father.

Personality : Arthur is extremely loyal and dedicated, especially to his family. He will always place them first. That said it does take a bit to earn his loyalty as he tends to be guarded about his personal life, especially his past.

History : This is a work in progress. Please ignore the construction crews and dust!

Faustus

Re: M.O.R.A.N.A : Can you Survive? [Hitmen/Mafia Type of Game :: Still Accepting33]
Hi, I was just wondering if you guys still needed an extra hitman trainee? The concept is really interesting, presently working or a profile, but nothing too in-depth yet, in case there are too many XP
[/quote]

We would love to have another trainee, so please feel free to continue making your profile! We are far from being completely full-up, so don't worry about it!

@Artemis : He is looking good so far! Expand that personality a bit, write a history, and make sure to include the sexuality section and he will be good to go! Exciting!

Quote from: CurvyKitten on January 10, 2013, 01:39:28 AM
On a side note Elenore my Brain has an older brother. He'd probably be a rebel as she hasn't seen him since she was taken. I'm open to someone playing him if someone wants to make that sort of link. :) Feel free to pm me or something for plotting.

In a tune close to that, my Alastair has two children that if a player wants to take up one is more than free to do. Merely give me a heads up and I will spill all the beans. C:

Kdyami

grr muse says second character.......  I'll see if that happens or not.

CurvyKitten

Quote from: Kdyami on January 10, 2013, 10:09:00 AM
grr muse says second character.......  I'll see if that happens or not.

You kidding my muse says third character. :P My rebel is still eating away at my mind going WRITE ME.

Faustus

Quote from: CurvyKitten on January 10, 2013, 02:13:01 PM
You kidding my muse says third character. :P My rebel is still eating away at my mind going WRITE ME.

The balance is looking pretty good again, so I would give you the clear to allow her now, if you want. c:

CurvyKitten

<,<...>.> Remember you said I could. :P  lol sweet look forward to a pm some point today.

ArtemisHighmore

xPeachyPuff

I really like your character so far, ArtemisHighmore! I like the tattoo you added to him too (: It will be interesting since he will have a new Hitman partner too. Can't wait to see the finished product.

-xSRx

ArtemisHighmore

Oh good, glad you like him. How long was your character a Hitman before her incident? Just trying to get a feel on if I need to change his age a little for the basic background I have in my head. XD

xPeachyPuff

I think she's been missing a couple of years. It's somewhere in her history so I'll go back and have a quick look in a bit (:

-xSRx

ArtemisHighmore

QuoteThen, shortly before her twenty-fourth birthday, she was given a job that secretly horrified her.

That is what I found, so I am guessing a year. I meant how long was she a hitman before that. My initial outline has him pairing with someone before her and then I figured their connection could be that he was her first Brain and given his experience to hers is the connection that they established, him kinda giving her a feel for the ropes so to speak. Just back story really. -shurgs-

Mmm damn good coffee this.

xPeachyPuff

Sorry, I'm guessing she's probably been a Hitman for a little over a year? I'm game with him being her first nad only Brain (:

-xSRx

ArtemisHighmore

Okay, works for me. Working on the back story. Please don't mind the dust and the sound of hammering...er...I mean pens...yes...pens... >.>

ArtemisHighmore

Okay... so second draft.... Got carried away but the character intrigues me so!

Username : ArtemisHighmore

Player Preferences : I am fine with it so long as there is no romance, just my thing

Full Name : Arthur Augustus Romani Wellington

Codename and Nicknames : “Artie” “Old School”

Age and Birthdate : 29, March 15th

Marital Status : Currently Single

Occupation : Currently a Brian, unpartnered, feeling inclinations to approach Hitman Training

Alliance : Current loyalty is a bit questionable due to past events

Height : 6’4”
Weight : 180
Body Type : Has a slim, athletic build to him
Hair : Dark brown and tussled
Eyes : Grey-green
Distinguishing Features : His hair tends to look a mess due to his habit of running his fingers through it nervously. Has a small butterfly tattooed on the inside of his right upper arm so that he will always remember
Optional Image : Work in progress -_-

Likes : Has a deep love for classical music, old literature, coffee, world history, chewing on pens
Dislikes : Impatient people, those who will not acknowledge him, criminals, loud music and clutter.
Weaknesses : Arthur has been known to develop tunnel vision when he is set to a task, neglecting everything else until it is accomplished. He also tends to shun socializing, preferring the company of books to people.
Strengths : Arthur is extremely detail oriented, and prefers to weigh everything out so that one step forward will not put him two steps back. He is also extremely driven and will work himself to the bone to accomplish any task set before him.
Fears : He has a strong fear of loss and extremely confined spaces, a product of his childhood
Goals : Arthur really only has one goal and that is to find his missing partner
Secrets : Arthur holds several secrets, a big one being that he spends nearly every moment he has spare to search for Samantha, his old partner. He also has a small tattoo in her memory that he does his best to keep hidden. Arthur misled the partner he had before Samantha when he discovered the target being tracked was his father.

Personality : Arthur is extremely loyal and faithful those he holds dear though he can be a bit secretive, even from them. He tends to be quite introverted, seeking his own company more often than not, surrounding himself with inanimate objects that he might vent to. Given his occupation and the things he has witnessed, he tends to be a bit paranoid and usually takes a half hour to forty five minutes to sweep his room for bugs whenever he comes home. So far has never found any…

History : Born to a Dr. Sebastian Wellington and Elizabeth Decker, unwed at the time but married shortly after his birth. Both were college professors, Literature and History respectively. They were moderately well off given their tenures and provided well for their son, raising him in a world filled with books, language and a passion for learning. Believe that they were for adept at teaching their son than the school systems, they homeschooled him, Arthur excelling at nearly everything that was placed before him and if he didn’t excel than his parents made sure that he worked upon it until he did. This instilled within him the drive to see things to the end, no matter how long or the amount of effort it might take on his part to reach that goal. With this commitment to learning and expanding his understanding, Arthur set to the task of learning French, something his parents spoke to each other from time to time. He also had a pretty good grasp on writing and reading Latin.

When he was eighteen, Arthur was accepted to Krauthammer Institute, a prestigious academy that his parents had some ties to, his desire being to get a teaching degree and follow in his parents’ footsteps. During his second year there, having recently celebrated his twentieth year of birth, Arthur was approached by the Trinity Seekers. During a class of strategic theory, two men entered the classroom, seeking to speak with Arthur and pulled him from the class. They informed him that his talents and education had drawn their attention and that they wished to offer him a job that was of much more importance to society than teaching. Arthur had only basic knowledge of the organization at the time, and feeling compelled to do what was best for society, he accepted the offer.

Arthur was subjected to numerous tests in order for the organization to ascertain his area of expertise. He showed promise in his desire to learn everything he could about a given subject and to communicate information clearly and quickly. There was some show of hesitation when subjected to the possibility of collateral damage and innocent victims. This was noted in his permanent file but his overall performance rendered it to little more of a footnote. He did show some promise during the initial combat training that all new recruits go through but the decision had already been made to assign him to the Brain section of the organization given his background.

He took to computers like a fish took to water, having limited experience to them in his youth due to his parents. He stumbled along the way of course, some of the more complex concepts of technology eluding him, reaching beyond his experiences, but he tackle each obstacle with that same drive that he applied to everything and was soon showing great promise. Several sample hits were given to him and his insistence on getting every detail and angle before something went down impressed the current Trainer, suggesting to him that targets would have a difficult time eluding him.

At twenty three, Arthur was assigned to Marcus Fieldman, aka The Shepherd, a rank 3 hitman with grand aspirations and a habit of claiming he was the right hand of a mystical being. It took some time for Arthur to adapt to Marcus’ particular styles and needs but he devoted himself and they soon had what could loosely be considered a friendship. During their partner ship, Arthur began to seek his own company more and more, needing a break from Marcus’ constant prophesying and his willingness to hunt down anyone for the right price. Still Arthur gave Marcus his best, ensuring that every target they were sent after was quickly taken care of, Arthur desiring swiftness more than Marcus so that he did not have exist too long in the knowledge of hunting down innocent people merely for the sake of making money. Secretly a rift began between Arthur and Marcus, a lack of moral agreement that put more and more distance between them. It did not influence Arthur directly until that fateful day that he did something he never would have expected. He misled Arthur, fed him false information for the sake of saving the target who was revealed to be his father, who had changed his name after Arthur was inducted to the Trinity Seekers. [See Encrypted File 05-C] Not long after that, Marcus went MIA, Arthur having no knowledge of the whereabouts of the Hitman though their last conversation suggested to Arthur that Marcus had completely convinced himself that he was the right hand and had set forth to ‘cleanse’ the world.

File 05-C
[Encrypted File 05-C]
[Password: * * * * *]
[Access granted…]

[Phone rings]

Arthur: Operator…

Marcus: Uh…. What?

A: It was a joke, relax. What do you need?

M: I have a new target. Need you to get me details.

A: Sure, what’s the name?

M: Dr. Sebastian Scipio.

A: A doctor eh? Must have pissed off one of his patients. Wonder what he did?

M: I don’t care Arthur. I am here to usher him from this world to the next.

A: Yeah yeah…okay got a picture here…

M: And?

A: ….

M: Arthur, I’m waiting…

A: Oh yeah…sorry. Uh you sure you got the right person?

M: What do you mean?

A: Well I am seeing death certificates for this person. Seems he’s been dead… three years now.

M: Are you sure?

A: Yep…pretty sure. Here, I’ll send you the data…. See, three years ago.

M: And you are sure this is the right person?

A: Yeah, I doubled checked everything. Looks a car accident. And not even in this country.

M: What the hell…

A: Who gave you this crappy hit?

M: There was no name…

A: Well you are out of luck Marcus.

M: Fine. I will call you when I get the next one…

[Conversation ends]

Arthur was put into a holding bracket of sorts, unassigned until another hitman was found for him. His lack of assignment lasted nearly a year and a half, most of which he spent studying the results of the new crop of trainees, curious to see if he would get paired with someone similar to Marcus. A little over half way through his 27th year of life, Arthur was assigned to Samantha Young, aka The Butterfly, who at the time was a 2nd rank operative. Something about Samantha intrigued Arthur; perhaps it was that flicker in her eyes, a suggestion of something behind that stoic expression she seemed to wear during their operations. He was also sure to keep a close eye on her, wanting to make sure that everyone was covered before she went about the business of killing their target. He also tried to subliminally persuade her away from targets that seemed innocent in his eyes though he was never really sure if he was making progress.

Having enjoyed celebrating Samantha’s twenty forth birthday with her, he was not anxious to go about their next job, especially since there seemed to be something off with her. He did not press her as she seemed more stone faced than usual with every bit of information that he fed her. Having hacked into a security camera, Arthur was witness to that fateful event, sensing something amiss when Samantha seemed hesitate the shot, her normally dead accurate aim off. Before he could question it, he saw coat stand strike her and the emergence of shadowed figures. Arthur was subjected to a KIA hearing by the heads of the organization shortly after, a meeting that left his somewhat adrift with his feelings and his beliefs. [See Encrypted File 74-X]

File 74-X
[Encrypted File 74-X]
[Password: * * * * * * * *]
[Access granted]
[Audio Recording of Brain Arthur Wellington’s KIA Hearing]

Head of the Trinity Board: This meeting will come to session. We are here to discuss the KIA status of Operative Samantha Young. Present is her Brain, Arthur Wellington. Before each of you is a briefing on her last target as well as summary of the events of that hit that led to her death.

Arthur: Sir…if I may…

Head: We will get to you in time. As you can see from the report, she was overcome by people we believe are members of the rebel faction and killed.

A: But sir…

Head: I said we would get to you. Now be quiet. We are not here to discuss your wild theories.

A: Yes sir…

H: Under that report you will find one submitted by her Brain, Arthur Wellington, attached to it is his service record. As you can see he had been with us a good while, which is why he is being included in this hearing.

Male Member of the Board: According to this Arthur, you believe she is alive? On what grounds?

A: On the ground that her monitor was still registering a heartbeat….

H: What you saw was her bleeding out. Your report clearly states that you witnessed the incident from a distance.

A: Well yes…but her heartbeat…

Male Member: A person of your educational background should understand that a heart continues to flutter even as the veil of death falls over the body.

A: Yes…but…

Female Member: Why do you insist on her status of being alive? Is it love that drives you? Was there a relationship between you and her? Such things are not unheard of.

A: No… no ma’am… I just don’t…

Female Member: Then we suggest that you give up these wild theories. These things happen as I am sure you have seen in the archives.

A: Yes ma’am

Head: Very well then. We all agree that the status of KIA shall be placed in her file, and all records are to be expunged from active duty and archived accordingly. Arthur, you are hereby placed in holding until we are able to find another Brain to pair you with. Understood?

A: Yes sir, understood.

Head: Very well, this hearing is adjourned. [Sounds of mallet on wood and the mummer of voices.]

It has been nearly a year since the incident and Arthur still feels adrift, uncertain of what he saw and what actually happened. He believes, deep down in his heart, that she is alive and out there somewhere and that is a desire within him, something that he still doesn’t understand, to find her to know that he is not just lying to himself. When sleepless nights find him, Arthur holds himself up in the practice range, something rather unheard of with Brain, firing clip after clip until he exorcises whatever is in his head.

Sexuality : Heterosexual
Turn On's : Intelligence, tenderness, romance and candlelight.
Turn Off's : Vore, mutilation, egomaniacs, aggressiveness, and lack of intelligence
Are you alright with Non-Consensual Activities with your character? Yes I am okay with this given the context of the game.
Are you alright with sexual activities beyond your character's stated sexuality? I will leave this open, though it is highly unlikely that my character with initiate anything outside his stated sexuality

Anything Else? Hmm, nothing at the moment. Check back later. ;)

Faustus

You already know my answer, but I thought I would just make it official : Accepted and Welcome!