Shadowrun - Seattle 2075 (Semi-Freeform Fantasy/Cyberpunk, 5th Ed. Big Game LGBT Friendly)

Started by Crash, February 06, 2015, 10:58:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGlyphstone

I'm sad that I don't have any way to contribute to actual runs this time around, but that just leaves me more time to RP outside of runs I guess.

Crash

Oh you will.  There will be runs where a face is a good thing to have.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Crash

We need some more characters before this moves forward.  Sandboxes need a goodly number of players to survive the inevitable attrition.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Etherealgirl

I love Shadowrun, but the system is complex as hell. How much of the system will you be using?

Crash

Most of the time not much.  There are some here that my go on a completely stated out run if they want but many others including myself that will be much more freeform.  I have a method to gain karma and Cred that does not involved playing out full Shadowruns.  This is more a game about Shadowrunners everyday life and between run time.

Ultimately it will be up to the individual player how much of the system you will use.

Etherealgirl

Ill give it a go. I may need help with character creation, as I'm not super familiar with 5th edition. If that is ok with you?

Crash

Sure.  You can also just pick a race and and archetype from the Race and Archetype thread and mash them together.  A number of players indicated that was what they wanted to do.

Crash

TheGlyphstone

Yup, Race+Archetype is chargen made easy. It can create odd results - I handmade my character not just because I like making characters, but because the Face archetype has Str and Body scores below a troll's minimums and a Charisma way above its maximums - but that's in part because no sane player would ever try to make a Troll face in the first place.

Crash

Glyph - Yeah the stats can come out off sometimes with my mashup method but I figured it would help players that would go insane doing anything in SR5. That an I am not opposed to people tweaking the mashup a bit if they want.

Etherealgirl

Crash

She and Baby should get along really well.

Amanda is approved.  Welcome Etherealgirl!

Etherealgirl

Crash

I am sure there will be ladies that might be interest.  I have a couple of girls that would find her interesting and I know Phaia's characters tend to have no problems with girlfriends.  There may be others to as the game gets going.

Phaia

Quote from: Crash on February 10, 2015, 12:39:03 PM
I am sure there will be ladies that might be interest.  I have a couple of girls that would find her interesting and I know Phaia's characters tend to have no problems with girlfriends.  There may be others to as the game gets going.

Geeez! Crash, ya make my characters sound like they are something other then nice girls. ;) They have more then just girlfriends, there are boyfriends, monsterfriends, demonfriends, dragonfriends and beastfriends and sometimes even machine friends  O:) O:)

Well I got a copy of 5th and making some adjustments to the standard archetype ya offered but A couple of questions for ya. Used vehicle? Looking for her to have a bike but not a shiny shiny new one. Is that okay?
I will have extra karma with the build and besides complex forms could I spend it on submersion for a technomancer? If so how much? was looking to pick up 'Shell' as a 'program?

I can see how much different a TM is with 5th compared to the SWR light here. She will have several nice spries instead of the silly IR dragon I had before with my old TM. Do you mind if I use the same street name Eidolon [probally not the same face capture though]?

Phaia

Crash

Quote from: Phaia on February 10, 2015, 11:36:05 PM
Geeez! Crash, ya make my characters sound like they are something other then nice girls. ;) They have more then just girlfriends, there are boyfriends, monsterfriends, demonfriends, dragonfriends and beastfriends and sometimes even machine friends  O:) O:)

Well I got a copy of 5th and making some adjustments to the standard archetype ya offered but A couple of questions for ya. Used vehicle? Looking for her to have a bike but not a shiny shiny new one. Is that okay?
I will have extra karma with the build and besides complex forms could I spend it on submersion for a technomancer? If so how much? was looking to pick up 'Shell' as a 'program?

I can see how much different a TM is with 5th compared to the SWR light here. She will have several nice spries instead of the silly IR dragon I had before with my old TM. Do you mind if I use the same street name Eidolon [probally not the same face capture though]?

Phaia

You can have a used car.

Since you are a returning player I will okay one rank of submersion.

Yes you can use the same name with a different face claim.

Crash

Sain

I've got mine build ready and it's a work of art :D I really love playing around with the SR mechanics. Was feeling a bit unsure of it after looking at the stock builds, but since mechanics aren't the main point it's probably ok if there are some differences in optimization? Most of the game is free form anyway.

My bg is also progressing nicely, but need to go through it and pick answers to those questions from it before I can submit it. Just have quite a bit of stuff on my plate right now so this might take a few more days to finish. Hope that is fine.
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

Crash

Sain - That is completely fine.  Yeah the mash up method I am allowing makes for some odd point builds but I think the real differences will be pretty minor between what I am allowing and a fully built character. 

wander

Hi all :)

I don't usually group game, though I have been craaaving Shadowrun, so I'm up for this :) I have a 4e character that I can update using the update pdf if thats okay? His name is Alex Plissken, he's an elf face/b&e guy primarily and every bit of info on him I have in my request thread :)

I've been aching for a game to play him in, I was wondering if this one might be okay?

Crash

Remember that no new character is an established Shadowrunner so if that is part of his background that will have to be changes.  I am always concerned with people porting in a character that was already made for another game but I am certainly willing to look at it when you have him converted.

We are only using the core book and Gun H(e)aven 3 for rulebooks so that could effect your conversion too.

Blobbe

Converting from 4e to 5e is mostly a manner of semantics; they changed a few names and the like but nothing major or hugely number-crunching. Looking over Alex's sheet, the only thing that would really strike me as an issue would be the SURGE stuff, since Crash isn't using Run Faster. Lose that and I suspect it'd be good.

As allways, Crash's judgement.

Conversely, the archtypes section of the game thread does have a Face in there, so you could use that as a startpoint

TheGlyphstone

Yay, another face character. Howbout we arm-wrestle to decide who gets to negotiate jobs? ;D

Crash

Yeah no SURGE.  I hate that and generally ignore it ever happened.

Blobbe