Blank's Role-play Ideas (M looking for F) [MUL]

Started by Blank, March 20, 2009, 12:22:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blank

Role-play Ideas and Stories

Name: An Unusual Union
Scenario: Two adventurers, a brother and a sister, delve deep into the lost ruins of a fertility goddess.  After slaying the final monster in the dungeon, they inadvertently release monsters subservient to the goddess of lust into the halls and rooms they had already emptied of threats.  The goddess of fertility would appear before the two offering that if they marry and consummate their marriage, she would be able to grant the two mental and spiritual protection from the beasts in the dungeon.  Though reluctant at first, previously undiscovered feelings begin to bloom from the sudden union.

Name: Finder's Keepers [nc-exotic]
Scenario:  The kingdom of Xenthar is caught up in internal turmoil.  The warlords of the isolated country are locked in a war for resources.  And most specifically, men.  Due to the low rate of male births in the kingdom, men are sought after as resources and often guarded covetously.  Beyond the massive mountains of the country is said to be nothing but wastelands and only scraps of humanity.  However, one day a man arrives from beyond, barely surviving his trek only to be found near death by an elven knight.  Having a man under her influence would give her great sway with her ambitions...

Setting: Kingdom of Xenthar

Society
Xenthar is a secluded kingdom, surrounded by mountains and vastly covered by groves of pines and deciduous forests.  There are few safe passes that people can leave and enter the great forested kingdom.  Even then, only women can enter this kingdom due to the powerful magic that surrounds it.  Only rarely do men get into the country, often by fluke or powerful magic.  No one leaves the country however.

What men that do get in receive mixed greetings.  To some, men are highly sought after to be used as a means to heighten their political, social, and economic status or simply as an exotic mate.  As such, many women tend to marry a single man in order to gain this benefit.  Also birthing a child from a man often can result in inadvertently providing the child a better future than normal.  Girls birthed from a man/woman relationship are often gifted with magical talent and are treated with high respect.  Most believe this bestowed by their locally worshiped deity, Eydis.

Typically, the only way for the women to reproduce is to go to a temple of Eydis and partaken in the Ritual of Fertility.  Thereafter they are pregnant with a child.  Regardless of whether a child is conceived by the ritual or by sex between a man and a woman, the child will always be a girl.  There are a few theories regarding why this happens.  One is that the goddess decides that the only child that is to be born is a girl.  Other scholars think it has to do with the powerful barrier that protects the kingdom from men.

Others see men as a blight to society and work diligently to wipe them out.  Some women believe that the male barbarity and crass behavior will only be the downfall of their culture and government.  More extremely religious women believe that tolerating men to exist in their country will make them fall from the graces of their goddess.  Some even take their sexism to the point of hunting down and destroying those that had men as ancestors or parents.

The population of the country mostly contains humans.  However, dark, moon, and sun elves populate the cities and forests as a large minority.  High walls are built around each town, village, and city to protect against the vicious monsters in the wilds.  There are a few monster settlements in the country, though most do not have friendly relations with the local humans and elves.  There are some dragons that are friendly to the races of women, though do not interact frequently with them.

Disease and poor health is rarely a problem for the kingdom for some reason.  Many attribute their health to their deity, who protects them from highly virulent diseases.  Also people tend to heal faster and are overall healthier while within the kingdom.  Those native to the kingdom aren’t particularly aware of this due to the fact it has become a norm.

Geography/Cities
There are three major settlements in the region.  The first is Crystalwaters City.  It is a large city nestled on the edge of a lake that extends out across a good portion of the northwest corner of the kingdom.  It houses the government, high temples of Eydis, and the various guilds that have a power in society.  Few women in the Kingdom of Xenthar have not been to the great capital of their kingdom.  The city is known for its vast culture, arts, science, and magic.  This city however suffers from over urbanization and poor planning.

The other major town is a place vastly populated by elves.  It is called the Celestial Vale.  It is a city built into the trees of the grand forest that never seems to sleep.  By day, the sun and moon elves roam move through the ancient pines and oaks, by night the moon and dark elves conduct their daily business.  This city is known for its vast knowledge in magic and religion.

The final city is known as the Great Forge.  It has been said it had been owned by great dwarven engineers however they have long since moved on.  Now all that remains is a clockwork fortress where those with a taste for the sciences live and work.

Religion and Magic

Most magic is said to come from the great goddess Eydis.  She is a deity of medicine, fertility, and harmony.  There is also much debate on whether or not Edyis is also the goddess of women, but neither side of evenly split argument has enough evidence to prove that is true.  Most other magics are derived from nature.  Necromancy is vastly frowned upon in society though not explicitly outlawed.  Few women actually learn magic, though there are some.  Most are born with it and learn how to control it as they grow older.  Elves tend to be more magically inclined than humans, while some might seem as a disadvantage, most elves don’t under the mechanical sciences.

Name: The Demon Realm [nc-exotic]
Scenario:  A wizard is banished to the demon realm due to taboo use of magic.  Now forced out of his native world, he is faced with the challenge if forging a new life for himself.  Along the way he meets some seductively intriguing inhabitants of the realm.  Some of those inhabitants are willing to associate themselves with the wizard while others seek to use the wizard’s presence to change the structure of power in the city.

Setting:
Geography/Climate/Vegetation/Wildlife:  The world may be seem hellish in appearance but in reality is not more harsh and unforgiving than the mortal realm.  The realm is composed of several massive floating islands facing inward towards a small sun that provides light to the inhabitants of the realm.  Each island orbits around the small sun in its own predesigned orbit.  It is said the demons with the most power on those islands could control the path and distance from the star, but that remains unconfirmed by the public.  Islands closer to the star tend to be more desert like, while those furthest tend to be colder.  Likewise, with islands closer to the star, the less gravity; vice versa with islands further from the star.

Water is a commodity in the demon realm.  Due to a lack of a solid body mass, water is constantly lost by falling out beyond the outer ring of islands.  In order to get water, the inhabitants of the island either have to create their own water with magic or machinery, or dig lakes to capture water from islands above them that generate excess water.

Otherwise, the individual islands operate more or less like normal land masses with forests, lakes, mountains, etc.

Most vegetation in the Demon Realm is giant fungus.  Most aren’t poisonous and the larger varieties are often used as a replacement for lumber.  The smaller types are used as food for the middle and low class of society or as a means of sustenance for livestock.  Wildlife creatures are less forgiving and fearful in the demon realm.  They have to be to get the resources necessary to survive.  As such, few people take to travelling in the wilds alone and/or unarmed.

Civilization:  The demon realm isn't quite a cliché version of Hell.  It is an organized society with city-states and small towns dotting the floating islands that populate the realm.  Money and social power is the ultimate determinate of status in the demon realm.  While physical and magical talent can help gain leverage, but they aren’t the ultimate determinates of status.  For the most part the society is about getting a leg up on the people on your same "tier.”

Murder is frowned upon, but not severely punished.  Theft is one of the most serious crimes in the realm and is strictly punished by most city-states.  Most other formers of “unlawful” activity are usually punished with minor penalties.  Most governments have a very capitalistic approach to how society should run.

Like the mortal world, most everyone has a job.  The economy and government style is very capitalistic.  Jobs can vary between labor workers, to inn keeper, to bookie, to government official, ect.  If there is a need for a job, there is an opening for it.  If you don’t fit the job, you are out.

Most humans are feared in the demon realm.  Rightfully so too.  Most are dangerous individuals or criminals dumped into the realm as a means for the mortal realm to be rid of them one way or another.  While dangerous, they were also fairly powerful.  Most demons either fear or seek to exploit the newly arriving humans.  Either way, there is a fair bit of racism towards humans amongst most demons.

The technology level is more along the lines of a steam punk.  Most creatures of the realm can use magic, but it still requires energy and effort to use magic.  The same amount of energy to push a crate with your hands is used when utilizing magic.  Having technology to do it for you eliminates the need to do it yourself.  Also the style of society is more along the lines of something Victorian with a taste of the Middle Ages.

Milanthe

Hm...  Color me interested...  I haven't done a sci-fi in a while.  Just need some info before I decide.  Mainly:  What exactly is this world like on and off the space station? 
Back from the deadish...  I hope...  Is deadish a word?

Blank

Blank

Blank

Blank

Blank

Blank

roleplayinggrl18

I think I might be up for playing as a robot :)

Blank

:-) Smile Bump.

Updated Stories. Added picture to TA story.

Will be gone for the weekend.  Sorry in advance.

Blank

Blank

Shy One

Quote from: Blank on April 15, 2009, 08:44:40 PM
:-[ Embaressed bump.  Nothing new.

It seems you're bored and I'm new.  Check out my O/O's and if you're interested let me know.  By the way, I'm new to this site, not role play. 

Blank

Quote from: Shy One on April 17, 2009, 06:14:35 AM

It seems you're bored and I'm new.  Check out my O/O's and if you're interested let me know.  By the way, I'm new to this site, not role play.
I'm game.  Hmm... If you don't have anything in mind I'll suggest something.

Shy One

Blank

Gail

You have a PM. I'm up for being an exchange student.

Blank

Blank

Blank

La Serenity

I like the sound of Prince's Hand in Marriage. I have a few tweaks in mind, but if it's still open, I'd love to take it.
O/O

Blank

Blank

Blank