Mafia!... in ancient Rome? [non-adult]

Started by Valerian, August 10, 2009, 04:43:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valerian

You know the Mafia party game -- well, maybe.  Players are secretly assigned roles -- villains, heroes, people with a trick up their sleeves -- and the innocents have to find the evildoers before it's too late!

But instead of mafioso, or even werewolves, how about Roman citizens trying to find the conspirators who want to assassinate the emperor?  Or how about a pirate crew seeking out the mutineers aboard their ship?

I'm looking for a few players for either or both of these games, getting underway soon.  Each game will have a maximum of twelve players -- I'm trying for a quick, light, fun style of game, with lots of impromptu role-playing thrown in just for fun.

So if you'd like to sail through the Caribbean on a pirate ship, or visit a decadent Roman bath, post here or drop me a PM.  :)
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Caeli

I'm going to be getting a midterm on Wednesday and I'm slightly behind on lectures, so I'll pass this time... but let me know if you need decoration for the Rome-themed thread. :-)
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Saku

I so want to take part in a game where I am not the person behind it. It's so much work!!!! AHHH! *screams* But it is fun. ^_^ *giggles*

So yes, sign me up!
I'm back!
"Times change and so must I. We all change when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives.
And that’s ok, that’s good, as long as you keep moving, as long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me."
Ons/Offs! vs Updates! vs Requests

CirclMastr

I'll give it a shot, and cast my vote for Rome over pirates.
Ons & offs - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=8373.0
Statistics are like a bikini; what they reveal is significant, but what they conceal is even more important.

LadySky

I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Marguerite

*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Valerian

Did you know?  The ancient Romans actually had a good, basic understanding of public health issues, and one big advantage of their use of aqueducts and drainage systems was that they avoided many of the diseases that arise from having stagnant water around.  You would be far more likely to die of cholera, for instance, in Victorian London than in ancient Rome.

The Romans also valued cleanliness, their lavish public baths being only the most noticeable example.  They also used soap, had public toilets with good drainage systems, and set up stepping stones for pedestrians, so they could cross muddy roads without getting their feet dirty.

Okay, I have five players for sure, and another one or two possibles, but there's always room for more.  :)

*passes out togas*
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Ryven

*walks in wearing his Roman legionnaire outfit*

When can we start? :D

Josietta

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Valerian

Okay.  I will be running both!  But for now, I'm just going to work on getting the pirate version started.  I have a couple of people interested in the Rome variation who can't play right away, so I'm going to hold off a little on that for now and work on setting that old pirate ship a-sailing.

So.  Is there anyone here willing to be a pirate first?  If there's enough interest, I'll gladly run both, but for now, please raise your hand if you'd like to try your hand at plundering the Caribbean.   ;D
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Saku

I'm back!
"Times change and so must I. We all change when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives.
And that’s ok, that’s good, as long as you keep moving, as long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me."
Ons/Offs! vs Updates! vs Requests

LadySky

*raises hand and smiles wickedly*

I would request a booty plundering please!
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Ryven

Josietta

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Aiden

I'll sign up for both

*chases after Josi's and Ladysky's booty*

LadySky

*runs around half-heartedly trying to escape*

*stops suddenly and waggles eyebrows at Aiden*

"Plunder away!"  >:)

Valerian

Aiden
Circlmastr
Josietta
LadySky
Ryven
Saku

Okay, that's six; plus I have another one or two possibles, so we're getting there.  And I'm glad to see a few new faces!  I'm terribly fond of all my regulars, of course, but it's nice to have some new people, too.   :D

Edit:  Fixed!  :)
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

CirclMastr

Ons & offs - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=8373.0
Statistics are like a bikini; what they reveal is significant, but what they conceal is even more important.

Transgirlenstein

Busy with freelance writing work.  Replies slow.  Feel free to prod me. 

Formally Tripping Satyr, Tripping Snake and QueenTrippingserpent.  Often known as Trip.

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=19217.0

Seeking Games!: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=71239.0

Kip

I'm definitely interested in both themes as well :D

I'm always up for any of the Mafia/Werewolves/etc game styles!

"You say good start, I say perfect ending. 
This world has no heart and mine is beyond mending."
~Jay Brannan~

"Am I an angel or a monster?  A hero or a villian? Why can't I see the difference?"
~Mohinder Suresh~

Valerian

Aiden
Circlmastr
Josietta
Kip
LadySky
Ryven
Queentrippingserpent
Saku

Ooh, this looks like it might be enough people!  I'm off to dinner and some other fun things shortly, but when I return, I'll start setting up the game threads and see if we can't get this show on the road.  Thanks for the interest, everyone!  :)
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Valerian

The OOC thread is up for our pirate crew!  Feel free to chat amongst yourselves there while I work on the rest of the setup.  :)
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Marguerite

Why am I not included?

-Glances about but will watch the game happen along-

Valerian

Aiden
Circlmastr
Josietta
Kip
LadySky
Marguerite
Ryven
Queentrippingserpent
Saku
Sinera

Oh!  Goodness, that was totally my mistake.  *blushes and smacks self*  My apologies for that dreadful oversight.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Marguerite

-Smiles-

No problem, maybe it was because I was quiet and watching the mayhem, I may have been forgotten in the throes of pirateness.