Guilty or Not Guilty II

Started by Ariel, June 12, 2019, 03:25:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LostInTheMist

Guilty. I don't like using drugs unless I absolutely have to. Back before the pandemic, there was an office policy of 'if you can walk, come to work.' There was severe bout of the flu where I worked. Some days up to two thirds of the site called out sick, and not one person didn't get sick. The only way to get through the day was to take industrial strength cold medicine, and try not to die. (Meanwhile, infecting all your coworkers.) But as a rule, if I don't have to take medicine for the cold, I won't. Even daytime cold medicine makes me spacey.

TNP has also had to deal with an office policy that caused people to get sick.
My Apologies and Absences  Updated April 1, 2024

My Ons and Offs

My Smutty Ideas
My Serious Ideas

Current Status: Chronic migraines are creating posting problems. Posting is slower than usual.

RainyHigh

Guilty. The job requires we have a doctor's note to take more than three days off (in a row), so I've gotten sick so many times by sick people being at work ... and vice versa. >_<

The next person likes to snack on marshmallows by themselves.
Rainy's Ons and Offs
Currently not open for solo stories

LostInTheMist

Not guilty. Although, to be fair, that sounds like it might be fun.

TNP has eaten a Marshmallow that was on fire.

My Ons and Offs

My Smutty Ideas
My Serious Ideas

Current Status: Chronic migraines are creating posting problems. Posting is slower than usual.

RainyHigh

Not guilty. I blow the fire out first since I'm a scaredy-cat.

The next person has pretended to text in an awkward situation to avoid talking.
Rainy's Ons and Offs

LostInTheMist

Not guilty. I have managed to ring my phone in such a situation. And then claim an emergency to escape. But texting... nah, even though I now realize it would be more believable.

Passing it on.

My Ons and Offs

My Smutty Ideas
My Serious Ideas

RainyHigh

Yes, so guilty. 😅

The next person participated in a writing contest.
Rainy's Ons and Offs

LostInTheMist

Not guilty. I write for my own pleasure and the pleasure of other people, not with any objective in mind.

Passing it on.

My Ons and Offs

My Smutty Ideas
My Serious Ideas

Brokk

Guilty.  I tried one recently on a public writing website. 

The next person used their kids as an excuse to do something they themselves really wanted to do. (like going to Disney)

LostInTheMist

Not guilty. I don't have any children.

TNP has had a bad day today.

My Ons and Offs

My Smutty Ideas
My Serious Ideas

RainyHigh

Sorta guilty. My body and feet are aching, and my mind is going ...

But I made it through so... win!

The next person has to work tomorrow.
Rainy's Ons and Offs

LostInTheMist

Not guilty. I'd call in sick if I did have work tomorrow.

TNP is sick to death of tax commercials and emails.

My Ons and Offs

My Smutty Ideas
My Serious Ideas

RainyHigh

Guilty.

The next person has watched at least one episode of the Fallout live-action TV show.
Rainy's Ons and Offs

LostInTheMist

Not guilty.

I'm angry at Fallout and the developers, and probably will be for life. As if crappy stories and random nonsensical missions (that fail to contain the humor of the original game) and technical problems up the wazoo weren't enough, micro transactions and pay-to-win mechanics abound in the latest game. I don't want to reward bad behavior.

It's not a huge sacrifice for me though, in all honesty. I'm just not that interested.

TNP also has a show (or movie) they refuse to watch on principle. (Dubious or otherwise.)

My Ons and Offs

My Smutty Ideas
My Serious Ideas

Brokk

Guilty

Titanic. It was so many years ago, I can't even remember why at this point.

TNP has a music group they used to love, but now refuse to listen to anymore for some reason.

LostInTheMist

Not guilty. Most of the music I listen to is far from controversial. Or I should say most of the musicians are far from controversial. They're not likely to have murdered anyone or raped anyone or any of this other stuff that might cause me to stop listening to their music. (I still watch Joss Whedon shows and stuff, with the idea that they may not be a good person, but they create great things I can still enjoy. But it's a case-by-case basis.)

TNP has had COVID in this Calendar year (since January 1, 2024.)

My Ons and Offs

My Smutty Ideas
My Serious Ideas

RainyHigh

Not guilty! *knocks on wood*

The next person has written at least one poem in the past 365 days.
Rainy's Ons and Offs

LostInTheMist

Erm... not guilty, I think. I find myself sketching out little ditties, rhymes, math proofs, etc. in my head when I'm not doing anything else. I rarely remember them later though, so perhaps there's a rhyme in my head somewhere, but actually written down... no, I don't think so.

TNP did NaNoWriMo last year, and plans to do it again this year.

My Ons and Offs

My Smutty Ideas
My Serious Ideas

AmbrosiaPudding

Not guilty. Though I have done it before just not in recent years. 

TNP has a penchant for making dramatic characters. 
Let me become your favorite partner ~

Solo Count 0/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

Lilias

Guilty-ish. As in, I don't consider them particularly dramatic, myself, but people whose characters interact with them have told me so, more than once.

TNP has inherited something they hated.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Mar 30) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI