Chat Log In

Started by HockeyGod, May 07, 2010, 03:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HockeyGod

I'm just curious about the chat log in.

It appears very random - some days I don't have to log into it, some days every time I go into it. It doesn't appear to have any correlation to being logged into E at the time, if I've cleared cookies, or anything.

Is there a rhyme or reason or just one of those technological flukes that one will never know?

Vekseid

I never looked into it, AJAX chat maintains sessions separately from the forums themselves.

HockeyGod

Quote from: Vekseid on May 07, 2010, 03:35:00 PM
I never looked into it, AJAX chat maintains sessions separately from the forums themselves.

No worries, just curious.

Trieste

If you don't click into or talk in the SB for a certain period of time, it logs you out. That period is roughly 10 minutes, I think. When you click into the textbox of the SB, regardless of whether you say anything in the SB, it logs you back in. Therefore, if you've clicked into the textbox within about 10 minutes of bringing up the separate Ajax window, it considers you logged in and pulls your login details from the forum. If you have not clicked into the textbox or spoken in the SB for a time, it has logged you out and requires you to log back into Ajax when you bring up the separate window.

That is, at least, in my experience.