News:

Main Menu

McNopoly

Started by Paradox, October 19, 2008, 05:27:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Serephino

Maybe it's a store owner policy, but yeah, he could get fired for stealing if he so much as eats a chicken nugget, that's if the manager working cares of course.  Most of them don't. 

Paradox

I just bought a Large Fountain Drink in order to get two of the little pieces; however, they had sold out of the cups with the pieces on them, so I only got a normal cup.

Since you (Ashlee) used to work there and your boyfriend (Chaotic) works there, do y'all know if I could get a refund? I really didn't care about the drink...just the pieces >.>

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

Serephino

No, probably not.   

The Dandy

You know, for me it is a serious turn off when someone eats an excessive amount of fast food (Which is close to any for me) even if that person appears to be very fit.

Is this common or am I just strange?
"What does it matter the duration of the damnation to he who tastes the infinite instant of pleasure!" -[Baudelaire]

Serephino

I find it a turnoff too, but our deffinitions of excessive are probably different. 

Will

Then it's a good thing I'm not trying to impress you, Dandy.

Where's mah Boardwalk?!?! XD
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

Paradox

My god man, I just looked up the calorie count on a large order of fries-- it's over 9000 500!

I've been trying to purchase different items in search of different pieces. The cheapest way to get pieces is from the hash-browns, but the pieces often seem to be of poor quality, like Baltic Avenue.

Ket was nice enough to give me two of her pieces since she's not playing this year. I have to admit that being a custodian has it's benefits-- people unwittingly throw out their McDonalds containers without realizing that they have monopoly pieces on them, so I reap the benefits of their ignorance  ;D

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

Ket

I have two more for you.  Rushing out the door to the races yesterday I caved and ate mcnasty for breakfast.  Okay, so the mcgriddle is actually decent, but even my dogs refused to eat the hashbrowns.
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

Paradox

Are you serious? Just slather them suckers in Texas Pete!

Ket

Texas Pete does not negate the copious amounts of pure fat that drip off those things in the form of hot grease. 

Ew.
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

Paradox

Yeah; each one is loaded with nine delicious grams of fat.  ;D

Moonhare

Ok, I admit it. I love playing this game. Since Friday, I have well over twenty pieces, have won a burger, and two McFlurries.

I am down to needing just one on many of the prizes, like last year. I need Boardwalk, which is a given. I wouldn't be surprised if they track that one. I need Pennsylvania Ave., Kentucky Ave., Tennessee Ave., and all other are two or more.

I have noticed that some of the stores have a few items that are different that have the pieces, then at all of them. Hashbrowns, 10 and 20 piece nuggets, large fries, and the Angus burger seem standard. (I wish it was the chicken sandwich, but nuggets will do.) I have also gotten them on the McSkillet and I have seen a few items different when I look for the board with the list of items.

Also, the stores have tried to switch the containers on me, so I don't get all the pieces. I have waited there, holding up the drive through for my pieces. ^_^ I paid for food I wouldn't normally eat, just for the pieces, then I want my pieces. lol

And I have passed on the items I wasn't going to eat to a homeless man that was out in the rain on Saturday. I gave him something extra as well. Not much, as I am not wealthy, but enough to get a warm drink.

Will

I love it too, Moon.  (I'm lovin' it? Gah. *shoots self*)

I have a lot of memories of playing it when I was little, when the pieces were sticky and there was an actual game board that they stuck on.  Now that was fun.  It's the main reason I like it now, I suppose. 

That's probably a strange thing to recall so fondly from childhood, a fast food promotional contest, but... yeah.  Good times.  Oh, and I've been playing the online game, too.  It's just like playing real Monopoly; I keep landing on spaces I already own. *frowns*

- Jack Kerouac

Paradox

Yeah Will; the nostalgia you mentioned a year ago and again today is main reason that I get suckered into the game every year. Collecting the pieces and putting them on the board with my pops was great; I wish they still had an actual game board. I took a few years off, so I had forgotten about it until my girlfriend mentioned the poor quality of that little thing they now give out.

Here's a breakdown of just how many of the "rare" pieces are actually floating around out there--

They messed up with Mediterranean; it's supposed to brown.

As for the online game, it's not randomized. The company sets certain times of the day at which prizes will be given out, so you'll only land on a rare property if you happen to enter a code at that particular time. I always land on spaces I own, or friggin Waterworks/Electric company. I even went to jail today  >:( (on the bright side, at least there is no negative consequence for landing on jail).

Will

Ah, that blows about the non-randomized "dice rolls."  And yeah, I just went back and perused the thread, and remembered that I said almost exactly the same thing then.  Btw, you misspelled the name of the thread. XD

I was wondering what would happen if one ended up in jail!  That would really suck nuts if they made you roll three times, etc, etc.

- Jack Kerouac

Paradox

My goodness, I did indeed misspell it. Good call.

RubySlippers

I like McD's better than Burger King. And I hated Supersize Me the person didn't take the healthier options. I like their fruit salad, egg mcmuffins, oj, salads with my own topping lemon juice and on a rare occasion a cinnemon roll if I feel especially naughty. And naturally diet soda or something like that not sugary, drinks. Like anything its about reading labels and being careful.

As for the game I don't care about that save when I get a freebie, the only time I'll get something naughty like a quarterpounder with cheese or something. As a very special treat I normally wouldn't get.

Ebb

Paradox's chart is right on - there is one rare piece in each set, and that's what's controlled by McDonalds. All of the other property pieces are essentially garbage.

In case you don't happen to have the chart with you when you get your pieces, there's an easy way to remember. In each set, the property that is the last one alphabetically is the valuable one. For example, in the Red group Kentucky comes after Illinois and Indiana, so Kentucky is the one that you want. The only exception is Boardwalk - in that group, Boardwalk is rare and Park Place is not.

Paradox

That's interesting, Ebb. I had never noticed the alphabetical connection before. Thanks!

Serephino

I've also been told that they send different pieces to different districts.  They make it practically impossible to win so that you spend tons of money trying.  It's pretty much a set up like those claw machine things.  By law they have to send out the winning pieces every so often or they could get nailed for false advertising, but they try not to do it often.  This came from the mouth of my boyfriends boss but shhh... it's a secret....

Candybot

wow, I don't believe it!

:-\

Paradox

Will

That a pumpkin would eat it's own kind?

- Jack Kerouac