A World Torn Asunder/The Dregs of MercTown (Pathfinder) - LGBTQA Friendly

Started by jeflint, August 05, 2017, 05:34:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vergil Tanner

Also: Changed my fina draft of my sheet. Nothing major, just altered Fey Thoughts and changed one of my Traits so that he has +4 Initiative instead of +6, but Perception is now a Class Skill for him. :-) Fits the theme better.
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

Sain

When you put it like that he sounds like bit of an ass ;D

Yeah there's a limit to how high Eidolon's can be since he has only 11 charisma :/ The +8 racial bonus for just one evolution point is pretty amazing though!
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

Codexa

jeflint

So, for those who didn't know/notice I asked Vergil Tanner to help me. The last time I ran pathfinder was like... oh... 2 years ago. And it was for folks who'd absolutely never played and my first primary goal was teaching me how to do table top gaming.

So the part where VT is asking questions Sain isn't meant to discourage. I told him I love the concept. Now we just gotta get mechanics working to try our best to make everyone happy.

Also, Hello Codexa. **wags tail** Glad to see you here. Hope you join us. :) I can't promise to keep VT on a leash, he's taller than me.

Jan's General Info, The F-List , On’s & Offs, absenteeism & BB Color Codes

Vergil Tanner

Quote from: Sain on August 05, 2017, 10:59:12 AM
When you put it like that he sounds like bit of an ass ;D

QUESTION: Where is the brand on him? Like, whereabouts on his body?

Quote from: Sain on August 05, 2017, 10:59:12 AMYeah there's a limit to how high Eidolon's can be since he has only 11 charisma :/ The +8 racial bonus for just one evolution point is pretty amazing though!

I agree! It's kind of unfair, in a way :P :P :P

What would be used to oppose Disguise? Perception or Sense Motive? >.>

Quote from: Codexa on August 05, 2017, 11:09:09 AM
Looks lovely jeflint!

HI CODEX. YOU BETTER BE JOINING IF YOU WANT TO KEEP POSSESSION OF YOUR SOUL.

Quote from: jeflint on August 05, 2017, 11:15:18 AM
So, for those who didn't know/notice I asked Vergil Tanner to help me. The last time I ran pathfinder was like... oh... 2 years ago. And it was for folks who'd absolutely never played and my first primary goal was teaching me how to do table top gaming.

So the part where VT is asking questions Sain isn't meant to discourage. I told him I love the concept. Now we just gotta get mechanics working to try our best to make everyone happy.

Also, Hello Codexa. **wags tail** Glad to see you here. Hope you join us. :) I can't promise to keep VT on a leash, he's taller than me.

Yhup! I was keeping it quiet because I wasn't sure how much authority Flint wanted me to have :P I also didn't want to throw my weight around in her game. :P

No collar? :c Awww...

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

jeflint

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on August 05, 2017, 11:49:09 AM
What would be used to oppose Disguise? Perception or Sense Motive? >.>

In the past I've done it as Sense Motive AFTER a disguise check. But only if it would warrant it. You don't naturally do a perception check on everyone you see. It's for noticing things out of place. For instance the edilion says something that should be from this region but it sounds like this region or the the wrong fork is used. But those would be things only knowledgable people would notice. And then you'd get to sense motive when they speak. :) That's how I rule it anyway.

No collar? :c Awww...

But you're so big...

Vergil Tanner

Quote from: jeflint on August 05, 2017, 11:58:00 AM
In the past I've done it as Sense Motive AFTER a disguise check. But only if it would warrant it. You don't naturally do a perception check on everyone you see. It's for noticing things out of place. For instance the edilion says something that should be from this region but it sounds like this region or the the wrong fork is used. But those would be things only knowledgable people would notice. And then you'd get to sense motive when they speak. :) That's how I rule it anyway.

Eeeeh...I always saw it as "You are pretending to be a person, and are seeing if the disguise works." But yeah, if they appear to be a human you've never met, why would you assume they're not? Of course, with a Hat of Disguise, I believe it would be a Will Check to see through the illusion, no? The way I always figured, it was Perception to see through a disguise - and you get a chance to see through that disguise if you have a reason to be inspecting people, or if they say or do something odd - and Sense Motive if you're trying to find a audible lie.

For example:

Talon meets Calitorn and Laica.
Talon notices the brand on Laica's head, and uses Knowledge Arcana to figure out that it's a Summoners Brand. He then glances around with Detect Magic to see if he can find her Eidolon, and hones in on Calitorns brand. He says "Oh, so you're a summoner?"
Calitorn answers that he is, and that Laica is his Eidolon. Talan mentally calls bullshit, and Senses Motive. If he succeeds, he can tell that Calitorn is talking shit...so he uses Perception to try and see through Calitorns disguise....possibly with a Circumstantial Bonus, given the information he has access to.

For example, anyway. :P

Which brings me back to another question:

Sain:

Where is Calitorns Brand on his body?

Quote from: jeflint on August 05, 2017, 11:58:00 AMBut you're so big...

Just get a longer leash! :o

Sain

QUESTION: Where is the brand on him? Like, whereabouts on his body.

I kinda assumed they'd have be on foreheads, but that's really tacky so if it can switch around I'd go with the back of the palm.

I agree! It's kind of unfair, in a way :P :P :P

It was almost tempting to make a full skill monkey out of him :P

Quote from: jeflint on August 05, 2017, 11:58:00 AM

He is going to be try bluff that whatever he does is the newest trend ;D

jeflint

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on August 05, 2017, 12:05:31 PM
Eeeeh...I always saw it as "You are pretending to be a person, and are seeing if the disguise works." But yeah, if they appear to be a human you've never met, why would you assume they're not? Of course, with a Hat of Disguise, I believe it would be a Will Check to see through the illusion, no? The way I always figured, it was Perception to see through a disguise - and you get a chance to see through that disguise if you have a reason to be inspecting people, or if they say or do something odd - and Sense Motive if you're trying to find a audible lie.

For example:

Talon meets Calitorn and Laica.
Talon notices the brand on Laica's head, and uses Knowledge Arcana to figure out that it's a Summoners Brand. He then glances around with Detect Magic to see if he can find her Eidolon, and hones in on Calitorns brand. He says "Oh, so you're a summoner?"
Calitorn answers that he is, and that Laica is his Eidolon. Talan mentally calls bullshit, and Senses Motive. If he succeeds, he can tell that Calitorn is talking shit...so he uses Perception to try and see through Calitorns disguise....possibly with a Circumstantial Bonus, given the information he has access to.

For example, anyway. :P

That's more or less what I meant. You explained it perfectly. You'd see the brand go what's that? look around, the "master" would speak, make their bluff check to make it seem as convincing as possible. But keep in mind skills to influence players don't really work. Charm Monster/Dominate Monster though would do that if you fail the will save.

So I want you to take that into consideration, you can have your doubts but it's going to have to be RPed out. I don't want to see a nat 20 and be like I believe him yo. I wanna see a convincing argument and then you rolling to see how you perceive the answer.

If that makes sense.

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on August 05, 2017, 12:05:31 PM
Just get a longer leash! :o

Can it be one of those that extends out and you click it to stay in place?

Nygenn

Player Name: Kujo

NSFW option

Name:Shahazadi Ab-Beth Nahrain (Zja-a-sa-dji)
Nick Name:Morgiana (Mar-ja-nah)
Class:Entertainer (Monk/Rogue)
Race:Human/Kitsune Hybrid
Alignment:Neutral Good, but trying to be better.
Languages:Common (Bidebi dialect), Celestial, Sylvan.

Appearance:
Shahazadi is an exceptionally beautiful woman, almost enchantingly so. Standing at 5 foot she is relatively short, but still perfectly proportioned with long legs, slender hips, and generous bosom. Her skin is flawless, smooth and with a sun kissed tan. She has delicate facial features, soft, full lips, a small nose, and a narrow chin. Her eyes are large, bright golden in color and her pupils are slits, giving her an feral, defiant look. Her hair is luscious, midnight black, and long enough to reach down past her hips. On the top of her head she has a pair of large, soft furred fox ears peeking out and from her backside sprout a total of nine, long and plushy, white tails. Her physical perfection is marred by ugly scars adorning her wrists, ankles, and neck which are caused by excessive chafing of prison manacles and rough treatment. Under normal circumstances she hides these blemishes behind bracers and a choker.

The way she moves is always smooth and graceful and subconsciously enticing. Another thing of note is that she is completely silent at all times. Not a single word, groan, or sigh can be heard from her, which can be quite unnerving at times.

Personality:
Shahazadi can be difficult to really get to know. The fact that she’s unable to produce any sounds on her own doesn’t help matters either. Because of this she has learned to be very expressive with her face and body. Even when not verse in the reading of body languages you should be able to get the general impressions she wants you to have. Whether these are her true feelings or not is an entirely different matter of course. Often times she portrays an air of confidence and aloofness to hide her real emotions and weaknesses and can be quite playful or seductive. Rarely does she actually follow through on these actions though, making it clear that she is a performer and that all the world’s her stage. There is an undeniable sense of pride inside her, more than what you’d expect from someone with her status in society, and whether it’s this pride or something else, she loathes jobs which require her to serve others.

The girl is open and friendly and doesn’t shy away from contact in most situations, although a perceptive observer will notice her growing stiff and tense whenever she’s physically touched and wasn’t prepared for it. Wanting to be helpful and being sympathetic to those suffering from bad circumstances she will often share what little she has, even with complete strangers, and even when she doesn’t have enough for herself. Despite this, she can be infuriatingly stubborn and feisty. She walks a fine line between stupid and brave which works in her favor as often at it doesn’t and when pushed too far, or otherwise finding herself a loss of control, she can lash out like a feral animal, complete with twitching ears, bared teeth and puffed up tails.

Background:
Shahazadi has a past she would rather forget for various reasons, but knows that she cannot and must not. Born in Bidebi as Angra Mainyu, youngest son to Partara Al-Kama, the old priest king of Lukke, she grew up pampered, spoiled, with an a completely twisted view of mortal rights. Not know any better she was cruel and sadistic in the way she dealt with the common folk and the serving women and slaves in particular. This all changed when around her mid teenage years a stranger of obvious wealth and status passed through the capitol and made tribute to its leaders. Wanting to impress the young prince showed off power and position at the expense of the staff and many died needlessly that day. That same night she was visited by the stranger who revealed herself to be a sorceress in disguise. She had judged the royal family and its heir and found them wanting and would now be passing on punishment. The prince was transformed from male to female, whose highest rank was below even male servants in addition to being made a demi-human whose social status rarely exceeded that of slave in the country of Lukke. On top of that a second curse was laid upon her which prevented her from speaking, or making any sound at all, so that she would never be able to tell her story. Enraged the young prince, now princess, cause a big commotion and drew the attention of the guards, but by then the Sorceress had already vanished. When the guards found the chambers of the prince in shambles, the prince missing and the only possible culprit a feral looking beast-kin, she was quickly overpowered and imprisoned. Weeks went by and the prince was nowhere to be found. The king grew ever more worried and spiteful and ordered the interrogation of the creature they had captured. The guard were very insistent and very thorough and growing increasingly frustrated when their prisoner refused to answer any questions. Eventually, they gave up and what was left of her was sentenced for execution. As luck, or unluck depending on your perspective, would have it, Toong Pao, the owner of the House of Worship, caught wind of these developments and persuaded the king to sell the woman over to his custody. Imagining it would be a fate worse than death for the miserable creature, the king agreed and so began Shahazadi’s life as a slave.

At the House of Worship Shahazadi was first treated and patched up and then trained as a pleasure slave. Her exceptional beauty and mostly human features, despite being a beast-kin made her quickly one of the most sought after girls, thought this began to wane shortly after when many of the patrons found her unnatural silence to be rather disturbing. In an attempt to still get the best use out of her Toong Pao decided to have her trained in the art of entertainment, something which she appeared to have a talent for and, when she realized it would mean less bed duties, quickly developed a passion for. She was incredibly nimble and flexible and with a hidden background in the royal fighting arts soon excelled at dancing. Likewise, various musical instruments were something she picked up rather quickly and learned that these were the only ways with which she could still express her emotions audibly. Unfortunately, her skills as a performer didn’t save her from having to perform a pleasure slave’s duties completely, but they did influence the kind of clients she would lay with. Quite often Shahazadi found herself locked in a golden cage, the center piece of high standing parties with only the bare minimum of sheer clothing to hide herself behind. Her instruments brought her comfort and distraction until it was time for her dance performance, after which she was auctioned off to the highest bidder for the night. This went on for several, long years, only made bearable thanks to the stories the other girls would tell each other at night. Stories full of hope and adventure and freedom through which they could escape their harsh reality. It was the girls who eventually came to nickname her Morgiana, after the slave girl dancer from the story of Ali-baba and the forty thieves.

Then one day, Shahazadi saw an opportunity for escape. There was a rich, foreign merchant she had heard about who had a desire for pretty things and exotic creatures. When she learned that he was in the city and would be attending the feast she was to dance at, she made sure to put on her best performance yet and directed all her attention towards him. The man fell for her, and he fell hard. He won that night’s auction with the largest sun ever paid for her and retreated with her to his ship where she proceeded to give him the most unforgettable night of his life. Completely infatuated with her she managed to convince the man to steal her away and keep her for himself. He did, and risking they ire of the holy capital of Bidebi they sat sail that very night. Unfamiliar with her cunning and believing she was as in love with him as he was with her, the merchant underestimated her and allowed her to escape when the ship docked in Laiel, in the free kingdom of Crobee. With slavery outlawed there she found sympathizers to her plight who helped her remove her slave brand. When they asked her what name she wished to go by hence forth she wrote down, ‘Shahazadi Ab-Beth Nahrain’ which roughly meant ‘The free prince of the land between rivers,’ in the ancient tongue of Lukke. For a fee, she obtained a choker with her new name engraved on it which she could wear to hide the scars on her neck and use as an easy way to introduce herself. She gathered some more basic supplies and quickly set a course West, away from the world she knew. Perhaps if she ever found a way to break the curse she would go back and try to change things for the better, but until then she needed to keep her distance.

Stats & Saves

Statistics:

TotalModBase
Str:5-37HP:18 (2d10+1d8-3)
Dex:19+415Init:   +4
Con:8-18Speed:   30 ft.
Int:13+113Run:   120 ft.
Wis:14+214Level:   3 (2x Unchained Monk: Kata Master, 1x Unchained Rogue: Survivalist)
Cha:18+416Exp:   3,300 / 6,000
Total   Armor   Shield   Dex   Dodge   Misc   
AC:      17+0+0+4+1+2+10
Touch:   17+4+1+2+10
Flat-Foot:   12+0+0+4+2+10
TotalClassAbilityMisc
Fort:   +2+3-1+0
Ref:      +9+5+4+0
Will:   +2+0+2+0
TotalBABAbilityMisc
Melee:   -1+2-3+0
Ranged:   +6+2+4+0
CMB:   -1+2-3+0
CMD:   +16+1+2+3+10

Notes:

Base   Fly   Swim   Climb   Run
Speed: 30ft0ft15ft7ft120ft
SR: 0%
DR: 0
Resistances: None
Panache: 4

Attack Options:

Weapon/Attack   Attack Modifiers   Damage   Critical   Range   Type   Notes
Unarmed Strike   +7   1d6   x2   Bludgeoning   Lethal / Non-Lethal
Flurry of Blows   +7/+7   1d6   x2   Bludgeoning   Lethal / Non-Lethal
Quarter Staff   -1   1d6/1d6   x2   Bludgeoning   Double, Monk Weapon

Abilities, Feats, Skills

Racial Abilities:

+2 Dex, +2 Cha, -2 Str:   Agile, limber and stunningly attractive, but physically weak.
Medium:   Medium creatures have no bonusses or penalties due to their size.
Human/Kitsune Hybrid:   Humanoid with the Kitsune and Shapechanger subtypes.
Normal Speed:   Has a base speed of 30 feet.
Low-Light Vision (Ex):   Can see twice as far as humans in conditions of dim light.
Agile (Ex):   Receives a +2 racial bonus on Acrobatics checks.
Kitsune Magic (Ex/Sp):   Can cast dancing lights and ghost sound as a Spell-like ability and adds +1 to the DC of any saving throw against enchantment spells cast.
Languages:   Common, Sylvan.

Class Abilities:

AC Bonus, Monk Feat: 2, Flurry of Blows, Panache: Derring-Do (Ex) / Dodging Panace (Ex), Unarmed Strike, Evasion (Ex), Finesse Training (Ex): Unarmed, Sneak Attack: 1d6, Hardy (Ex).

Feats:

Deflect Arrows (Monk Bonus), Dodge (Monk Bonus), Crane Style, Weapon Focus: Unarmed.

Traits:

Alluring:   +2 trait bonus on Diplomacy checks with those who find you attractive. You can use daze once per day as a Spell-Like ability, with caster level equal to your character level.
Spirit Sense:   +2 trait bonus on Perception checks to avoid being surprised and to detect invisible or incorporeal creatures.

Skills:

Acrobatics, Appraise, Bluff, Climb, Craft, Diplomacy, Disable Device, Disguise, Escape Artist, Intimidate, Knowledge: Dungeoneering, Knowledge: History, Knowledge: Local, Knowledge: Religion, Linguistics, Perception, Perform, Profession, Ride, Sense Motive, Sleight of Hand, Stealth, Swim, Use Magic Device.

Skill   Stats   Total   Ranks   Ability   Trained   Misc   
Acrobatics      Dex12+3+4+3+2
Appraise      Int1+1
Bluff      Cha8+1+4+3
Climb      Str1+1-3+3
Craft      Int1+1
Diplomacy      Cha8+1+4+3
Disable Device   Dex4+4
Disguise      Cha4+4
Escape Artist   Dex8+1+4+3
Fly      Dex4+4
Handle Animal   Cha4+4
Heal      Wis2+2
Intimidate      Cha4+4
Kn: Dungeoneering   Int1+1
Kn: History   Int1+1
Kn: Local      Int1+1
Kn: Religion   Int4+1+1+3
Linguistics      Int1+1
Perception:   Wis8+3+2+3
Perform: Dance   Cha8+1+4+3
Perform: Percussion   Cha8+1+4+3
Perform: String   Cha8+1+4+3
Perform: Wind   Cha8+1+4+3
Prof: Courtesan   Wis6+1+2+3
Ride      Dex8+1+4+3
Sense Motive   Wis6+1+2+3
Sleight of Hand   Dex8+1+4+3
Spellcraft      Int1+1
Stealth      Dex9+2+4+3
Survival      Wis2+2
Swim      Str1+1-3+3
Use Magic Device   Cha4+4

Skill Points: 22

Gear & Equipment

Equipped:

Coming soon…

Inventory:

Coming soon…

Vergil Tanner

Quote from: Sain on August 05, 2017, 12:12:20 PM
I kinda assumed they'd have be on foreheads, but that's really tacky so if it can switch around I'd go with the back of the palm.

Well, the Summoner ALWAYS has a brand on her forehead that appears when the Summoner has her Eidolon out. The Eidolon just has it "on their body."

Quote from: Sain on August 05, 2017, 12:12:20 PMHe is going to be try bluff that whatever he does is the newest trend ;D

Depending on the character, that won't work xD

Quote from: jeflint on August 05, 2017, 12:13:10 PM
That's more or less what I meant. You explained it perfectly. You'd see the brand go what's that? look around, the "master" would speak, make their bluff check to make it seem as convincing as possible. But keep in mind skills to influence players don't really work. Charm Monster/Dominate Monster though would do that if you fail the will save.

Well...I would say that "Diplomacy" and whatnot doesn't, but "Bluff" and "Sense Motive" DO function like that, since it's simply a way of deciding "Does he see through the bullshit or not?" How else would you decide that fairly and impartially?

Quote from: jeflint on August 05, 2017, 12:13:10 PMSo I want you to take that into consideration, you can have your doubts but it's going to have to be RPed out. I don't want to see a nat 20 and be like I believe him yo. I wanna see a convincing argument and then you rolling to see how you perceive the answer.

Well duh. How I described it up there would be basically it. "You're the Master? Really? Why is your brand not on the forehead?" ALSO, Talan - as a card shark, a cheat and a scoundrel in a seedy, deceit filled town - would automatically be suspicious of new people :P He wouldn't take them at face value :P :P

Quote from: jeflint on August 05, 2017, 12:13:10 PMCan it be one of those that extends out and you click it to stay in place?

If you want :P

Vergil Tanner

Hey Kujo! Quickly: How does "Kitsune / Human hybrid" work? What does that look like, racial stats wise?

jeflint

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on August 05, 2017, 12:23:07 PM
Well...I would say that "Diplomacy" and whatnot doesn't, but "Bluff" and "Sense Motive" DO function like that, since it's simply a way of deciding "Does he see through the bullshit or not?" How else would you decide that fairly and impartially?

In table top games I've played with a number of people who would roll and just say "My die says this". As this is story telling I want bluff/diplomacy/persuasion/sense motive to be RP'd out. That's all I'm trying to say. Not an arbitrary roll of the die.

Sorry if that wasn't 100% clear.

Sain

But will Talan hit the arcane check high enough to know that it is a summoner's mark, and that summoner is the one who has it on their forehead  ::) ,especially when someone is feeding him misinformation.

By the way clarification about the eidolon (since it seems like based on background my intentions could have been misunderstood). He is not going to be around all the time. He WAS freely walking around on the mortal plane as an outsider BEFORE he made the contract with Laica. Now he very much abides by the normal eidolon rules. The idea was just to have a bit different origin story for summoner since the outer planes are closed off and it's more fun to give the concept bit of a twist.

jeflint

Also... Some slavers use a magical mark, Kujo knows of it because his character was a slave. That'll trigger arcane sight as well.

Sain

Quote from: jeflint on August 05, 2017, 12:44:15 PM
Also... Some slavers use a magical mark, Kujo knows of it because his character was a slave. That'll trigger arcane sight as well.

So there's an excuse for the bluff ;D

Anyway, I welcome your character to poke around and be as nosy as he can Vergil! Looking at Kujo's character it seems like we might get a pretty charisma/socially stacked party so it would be a shame if they don't try to bullshit each other a little bit.

Nygenn

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on August 05, 2017, 12:23:42 PM
Hey Kujo! Quickly: How does "Kitsune / Human hybrid" work? What does that look like, racial stats wise?

There's a nice little piece included on that under the Ability spoiler.
But what I did was, after talking it over with JeFlint and deciding that this character would not be a full Kitsune, was take the Kitsune racial from the Pathfinder: Advanced Race Guide and modify that a little using the the racial building tools presented in the same book. Originally I had build the character as a human and came to roughly the same stats, but then looking at the Kitsune package I figured I could just use that as well. I just needed to remove the natural attacks they had and the shape change ability which is a big deal for that race. That freed up 4 race points to play around with and instead of adding anything new I decided to made the dancing lights a bit more prominent and slap ghost sounds on top of it. The remaining racial points I then just deleted, figured they'd be a fee for altering the pack.

This is just a first draft though. Might still make changes here and there as we go along, and need to look into gear and equipment. Just wanted to get the gist of it out there so that other players know what I'm working on.

@Sain
I like the concept you're going for with your character. With the Summon actually controlling the Master. The dynamic reminds me a lot of Caster from Fate Stay Night, or Chrno from Chrno Crusade. Pretty cool indeed. I'll admit that I was super surprised to see that one of your characters was going to be a Fox of all things. Here I thought I was going with something unique when I modified my character to fit Flint's world. Anyway, I'm hoping they'll get along. It might be tricky at first, but I'm looking to have the curse of silence place upon my character to be lifted not long from now. Until then I'm actually curious to see how thing will go with a character that can't speak. Fortunately you don't need to be able to speak for some of the things she'll likely want to do to Laica ^^

@Vergil Tanner
I finished reading your character sheet as well now. Seems we got a regular old Remy Lebau to deal with here. ^^
What are your thoughts on the party filling up with foxes? Or Foxy ladies to be more precise.

I'm curious to see if more people will show interested and what they plan to bring to the table.

Sain

@Kujo. Nothing can go wrong with stacking the party up with the fox slaves ;D I think we'll find fun interactions between YC and mine seeing how Laica rather prefers her current situation and Morgiana despised it. I imagine she might initially see Calitorn as just another arrogant slave owner (even if he is quite a bit kinder to Laica than most are to their pets). I wonder what she'll think after eventually finding out about the whole summoner arrangement. Laica will just be happy to have a friendly who has shared similar life experiences (at first glance anyway).

Nygenn

Quote from: Sain on August 05, 2017, 03:25:30 PM
@Kujo. Nothing can go wrong with stacking the party up with the fox slaves ;D I think we'll find fun interactions between YC and mine seeing how Laica rather prefers her current situation and Morgiana despised it. I imagine she might initially see Calitorn as just another arrogant slave owner (even if he is quite a bit kinder to Laica than most are to their pets). I wonder what she'll think after eventually finding out about the whole summoner arrangement. Laica will just be happy to have a friendly who has shared similar life experiences (at first glance anyway).

Shahazadi might try to wrestle control away over Laica. :p

Sain

Quote from: Kujo on August 05, 2017, 03:49:55 PM
Shahazadi might try to wrestle control away over Laica. :p

That might be quite adorable when she is still mute. I doubt Calitorn will sense anything before it's too late.

Vergil Tanner

LOL. Quite the convoluted mess you're making. Meanwhile, Talan stands over there just casually cheating you at cards. :P

Sain

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on August 05, 2017, 04:27:45 PM
LOL. Quite the convoluted mess you're making. Meanwhile, Talan stands over there just casually cheating you at cards. :P

Gotta have a few levels of layered fun ;D Don't worry. I'm sure we can pull Talan into the thick of things, though given that he is a cheat I bet he has accumulated his fair share of troubles over the years all by himself too. Do you want them to start out with Talan not knowing about the outsider deal (given that in the society all things from outer planes are shunned/hunted), or to start with him being some longer time contact? If he is into gambling maybe he could have seen the fun in letting Calitorn and Laica continue their ruse and help them out in exchange of them helping him out for some joint endeavor (like being the helper extras in his card scamming schemes or something)?

Vergil Tanner

Hmm...well, I'm of two minds on this. On the one hand, him finding out in game would be fun. On the other hand, he's been in the town for a few months at least, and if he's bumped into them, he quite possibly already would have clocked it. I dunno, is there a reason why the Eidolon and his pet Summoner would be in Talan's neck of the woods? :P He tends to - when not on a job - frequent lower town bars, drinking, eating, playing various gambling games and generally making trouble. And if people get uppity...EXPLODING CARD. >.>

Sain

Well, seeing as they can't exactly pass the lie too easily around higher class nobles (too risky), they'd probably be hanging out at the lower end adventurer hangouts too where anyone with enough gall could claim to be just about anything and nobody will care (might actually be even dangerous to try pass as a noble in certain places). It could be something as simple as them accidentally having shared a tavern or happening to book lodging from the same one.

jeflint

Alrighty, so after reviewing the finished works of your characters I'm going to go make an OOC thread.

I didn't ask what exactly everyone wanted... I'm thinking Non Con Exotic.