Wrath of the Righteous (Pathfinder)

Started by Dakkon, October 23, 2013, 03:45:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callie Del Noire

And Apple finally after five versions got on my bad side.

My entire iPad iBooks libary just got ate by the new iBooks for the Mac app. Maverick ate it. 790 books organized, named and set up according to type. The RPG library will be easy to reinstall but the rest of them will be a royal pain. And some of the stuff from iTunes U will NEVER be recoverable.

knightsdestiny

I'd play a Paladin of Iomadae for this so fast. :D

Blinkin

I thought that Friday was the cut off on this game... Is there a problem with the original offerings or do you just want more variety? Just curious.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Dakkon

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on October 27, 2013, 01:06:23 AM
And Apple finally after five versions got on my bad side.

My entire iPad iBooks libary just got ate by the new iBooks for the Mac app. Maverick ate it. 790 books organized, named and set up according to type. The RPG library will be easy to reinstall but the rest of them will be a royal pain. And some of the stuff from iTunes U will NEVER be recoverable.
Thank you for confirming for me that I won't be upgrading for a while.

Quote from: knightsdestiny on October 27, 2013, 01:47:18 AM
I'd play a Paladin of Iomadae for this so fast. :D

Stat on up then. One thing to keep in mind, I've had a lot of people apply with the "Touched by Divinity" trait. While I'd like to be able to take more than one of them, I'm not and it would be difficult to work into the story anyhow. It's already going to be a tough decision between them as it is, so you may want to avoid that trait.

Quote from: Blinkin on October 27, 2013, 04:00:54 AM
I thought that Friday was the cut off on this game... Is there a problem with the original offerings or do you just want more variety? Just curious.
I adjusted it a couple of days ago since it seemed like lots of people were interested so they could get a fair shake at being a part of this. Nothing wrong with the initials, they look great!!
Quote from: FallenDabus on October 25, 2013, 03:51:00 AM
Okay, I think I’m going to adjust things a little bit. I’ll take applications to this campaign until 8:00 am GMT, October 31. If you’re not sure what your time zone is relative to GMT, just google “current time GMT” and it will show you. I’m doing this since I’ve received several PMs with interesting character ideas, so I want to give everyone a fair shake at being able to play. This also lets me create a cohesive group. I’m still only going to take four characters though, and when I select characters, I will make sure they all have different campaign traits.

Blinkin

Ah, ok.I haven't seen a rogue yet... would one be useful, or are you just looking for the combat types? I might offer up a rogue as a second option, but I can get why Touched By Divinity is so popular, it's really the only one that doesn't imply that you're carrying around something infernal that'll bite you in the ass at some point. ;) If it'll help the odds, I'll change it to something else, but there were only about half a dozen of the things to start with.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Dakkon

Quote from: Blinkin on October 27, 2013, 04:14:20 AM
Ah, ok.I haven't seen a rogue yet... would one be useful, or are you just looking for the combat types? I might offer up a rogue as a second option, but I can get why Touched By Divinity is so popular, it's really the only one that doesn't imply that you're carrying around something infernal that'll bite you in the ass at some point. ;) If it'll help the odds, I'll change it to something else, but there were only about half a dozen of the things to start with.
You don't have to change it at all, I was just warning people away from adding to that particular pile I have to sort through, since I've got a number of them sitting in my PM box as well. I completely understand why people would go for Touched by Divinity, and we hit the plot resolution for that trait, people will understand why I want one in my party. It's simply a matter of having multiple really, really could Touched by Divinity characters already, that are cool because of the trait, which will influence the story!!

Rogues and Bards definitely would be helpful. Diplomacy and negotiation play a surprisingly large roll in this campaign, even above and beyond the redemption theme.

knightsdestiny

Awesome, I'll get that to you after my work today.

There are plenty of good traits out there without choosing touched by divinity. -_-

Rogues ... you can always use one. :D

Erich Norden

Posting my character, as requested:

Idise, LG female aasimar oracle 1

Description: Possessed of fair skin, shoulder-length blonde hair, and delicate features bearing a contemplative expression, Idise is attractive by human standards, though haunting eyes that gleam like silver seem to inexplicably belie her as a simple wanderer.  The hem of her dark grey cloak bears the dirt of miles of road and months of travel, standing in contrast to the stark cleanliness of her leather armour and the white tunic and skirt she wears beneath it.  A finely-wrought silver pendant in the shape of a winged eye hangs from her neck, occasionally gleaming in the light of the sun.

Background: Several months ago, Idise awoke in an ancient burial vault in Lastwall, and stumbled out into the sunlight a stranger to the world.  Attempting to make sense of her situation and the pervasive yet remote familiarity of her surroundings, she turned to her faith for answers, only to face the demoralizing revelation that her patron god had fallen.  In the time since, she has travelled north to Mendev to pledge herself to the forces arrayed against the Worldwound, guided by dream-visions that elude description and whose source still remains a mystery.

If Idise had a life before her spontaneous awakening, she can remember none of it, a fact which troubles her constantly.  She thus seems cold and distant to others as a result, and flatly avoids even basic questions about herself -- after all, details such as where she hails from are as much a mystery to her as anyone else.  Nonetheless, she is polite and compassionate to those around her, and is never one to spurn a soul in true need.  Her speech in Common, while fluent, would be considered archaic even to the most remote rural hamlet, but which may be a clue as to her true past.

Stat block
Aasimar oracle (purifier) 1
LG Medium Outsider (native)
Init +1; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +5
--------------------
Defense
--------------------

AC 14, touch 11, flat-footed 13 (+3 armor, +1 Dex)
hp 12 (1d8+4)
Fort +1, Ref +1, Will +3; +2 vs. death and fear
Defensive Abilities +1 insight bonus to AC against evil outsiders
--------------------
Offense
--------------------

Speed 30 ft.
Melee longsword +2 (1d8+3/19-20) or quarterstaff +2 (1d6+3)
Special Attacks +1 insight bonus to attack rolls against evil outsiders
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 1st; concentration +4)
   1/day—daylight, shield of faith
Oracle Spells Known (CL 1st; concentration +4)
   1 (3/day) bless, cure light wounds
   0 (at will) detect magic, purify food and drink, resistance, spark

Mystery Battle
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------

Str 14, Dex 12, Con 13, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 16
Base Atk +0; CMB +2; CMD 13
Feats Toughness
Skills Diplomacy +8, Heal +5, Intimidate +7, Knowledge (religion) +1, Perception +5, Sense Motive +5; Racial Modifiers +2 Knowledge (Planes) and Spellcraft to identify evil outsiders and effects and items created by evil outsiders
Languages Celestial, Common, Draconic
SQ diminished spellcasting, oracle's curse (tongues), revelations (skill at arms)
Gear studded leather, longsword, quarterstaff, scroll of remove sickness

knightsdestiny

I sent my sheet via PM, let me know if I should post it here. :)

Ghostwheel

Updated my first post with my character and background; let me know if you'd prefer I make a sorcerer or oracle and I'll write up the character sheet depending on what the party needs if my character gets into the game :-)

Dakkon

Quote from: knightsdestiny on October 29, 2013, 05:19:23 AM
I sent my sheet via PM, let me know if I should post it here. :)
I got it. If you wouldn't mind posting it here, that way everyone can see who they are competing with.
Quote from: Ghostwheel on October 29, 2013, 09:10:56 AM
Updated my first post with my character and background; let me know if you'd prefer I make a sorcerer or oracle and I'll write up the character sheet depending on what the party needs if my character gets into the game :-)
Definitely sorcerer. We already have more oracles than I can shake a stick at.

knightsdestiny

No probs. :) If you cn get back to me about the starting gold question I can edit to include gear.

----Character----

Name: Iori Emriss
Race: Asimar
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 170 lbs
Class: Paladin
Deity: Iomadae
Alignment: Lawful Good
Level: 1
XP: 0

Str: 12
Dex: 12
Con: 13
Int: 11
Wis: 14
Cha: 16

Fort: +3
Ref: +1
Will: +4

Init: +1
HP: 12
AC: 18, Touch: 11, Flatfooted: 17 (+1 Dex, +2 Shield, +5 Armor)
CMB: +2
CMD: 13
BA: +1
-Melee: Longsword +2 (19-20/x2) 1d8+1
-Ranged: Longbow +2 (x3) 1d8

Skills:
Diplomacy (Cha): +7
Heal (Wis): +6
Ride (Dex): +0
Sense Motive (Wis): +1
Spellcraft (Int):

Languages:
Common
Celestial

Feats/Abilities:
Aura of Good
Detect Evil
Smite Evil 1/day
Exposed to Awfulness (Campaign Trait)
Blood of Dragons (Race Trait)
Battlefield Disciple (Combat Trait)
*+2 trait bonus to heal checks to stablize. Additional +1 to aid another for attack rolls.
Outsider(Native)
Darkvision 60ft
Low Light Vision
Shield Other 1/day (Sp)
Celestial Crusader (+1 Insight to Attack and AC against evil outsiders. +2 racial bonus to Knowledge Planes and Spellcraft to identify evil creatures and effects/items from evil creatures)
Weapon Focus (Longsword)

Gear:
Scalemail
Heavy steel Shield
Longsword
Long bow w/60 arrows
Adventuring Gear (Paladin and cooking kits)
1 Bladeguard
13gp

History:
Born in the year 4633 to parents who both participated in the first crusade, Iori has been exposed to the constant warring with the demons that come from the world wound all her life. If not for the grace of her goddess, in Iori's mind, she would have become another victim of the fighting. As a young child, before the creation and activation of the ward stones, Iori had come face to face with a nightmare; a demon that had broken through the lines, either by force or the use of teleportation. Only 7 years of age, Iori had no real way to defeat such a foe. Even though she fought back, it had nearly killed her. Her wounds left her scarred physically due to infections of her wounds. Her mind was also scarred leaving her with nightmares of that encounter that still haunt her dreams today. Weeks later, she woke in the rooms of a church of Iomadae, confused and frighten. There was much speculation around how and why she survived, some going as far as to say that she should not have survived. Explanations range from sheer luck toa deivine destiny perscribed by iomadae herself. Noone knows, not even Iori, that it was her will and the touch of the blood of a silver dragon deep in her ancestry that lead to her survival of the demonic infections. Iori has become to believe that she was blessed by iomadae, that her celestial bloodline is somehow linked to her goddess and her allies. To this day, Iori does not remember the true face of her childhood attacker; her nightmares magnifying the awfulness and horror of that event with the possibilities of what could have happened that day and his face.

Iori's ordeal at the hands of the demon, the constant exposure to war and strife and the loss of friends and loved ones, including her own parents, lead to her eventual decision to join the ranks of Iomadae's followers. Becoming a paladin of Iomadae meant to Iori the ability to protect those around her, to drive out the subversive corruption that has plagued the area since the beginning of the century and to beat back the demons. Born just before the second crusade, she has witnessed how each conflict as ravaged the land, changing it. When the third crusade began, Iori was there to help where she could, acting against the corruption that was growing within as she could. She watched as internal squabbling began to cause things to break down. Then came the 4th crusade, a long and grueling fight. Iori made and lost a lot of friends during this time. In the end the ward stone had held and the fight exhausted itself and its combatants.

Since the end of the last crusade, Iori has resided in Kenabres doing what she can inside and outside of its walls. She, like many others, has carried the weight of frustration and near hopelessness thatcomes with a war that only takes a break now and then only to flare up again. The acts of the witch hunters, a group which Iori dislikes greatly, has not helped matters. Iori dislikes that they act in the name of Iomadae to act against those they accuse for reasons no more than being different and she has acted to protect those who have needed it and deserved it. Today, Iori continues with the struggle, internal and external, determined to overcome despair as well as evil. It is ultimately her goal to one day join the ranks of the Knights that participate in the fight against the demons to honor the memory of both of her parents and to redeem those that seek it.

Inash

Dolgrim Oghammer   Played by Inash

Dolgrim Oghammer
Male NG Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer), Level 1, Init +0, HP 14/14, Speed 20
AC 17, Touch 10, Flat-footed 17, Fort +5, Ref +0, Will +2, Base Attack Bonus 1   
cold iron Warhammer 3 (1d8+2, x3)
  Dwarven Maulaxe 3 (1d6+2, x3)
Reach (or not) Dwarven Dorn Dergar 3 (1d10+3, x2)
  Scale Mail,   Heavy Wooden Shield (+5 Armor, +2 Shield)
Abilities Str 14, Dex 10, Con 16, Int 12, Wis 14, Cha 9
Condition None
[/LEFT]
I still need to find a decent picture
Description  Will update after I find a picture
Persona Stereotypically rough, gruff and abrasive.  This is, of course, a front for a slightly more thoughtful person who prefers to be left alone.  A touch of loudmouthed obnoxiousness is usually enough to get that.
Values A good ale and a good fight.  What more could any dwarf want?
Other Information
Background
Origins

Tales

Joining the 5th Crusade[/FONT]

"Hear ye, hear ye!  The Fifth Mendevian Crusade is underway.  All interested parties are encouraged to proceed to the church of Iomedae to sign up."
Dolgrim is leaning against the wall of a tavern near the village square.  He is nursing a hangover from last nights revels.  Grimacing at the noise, he checks his belt pouch to see if he has enough for an ale to help cure his condition.  Well, yes, but only if he doesn't want to eat for a few days.  That does it, its time to get a job... wait what was that loudmouth saying? A crusade.  That means getting paid to kill demons.  Time to go sign up.

Actions/Rolls
Text
statblock
Dolgrim Oghammer
Male NG Dwarf Fighter (Foehammer), Level 1, Init +0, HP 14/14, Speed 20
AC 17, Touch 10, Flat-footed 17, Fort +5, Ref +0, Will +2, Base Attack Bonus 1   
cold iron Warhammer 3 (1d8+2, x3)
  Dwarven Maulaxe 3 (1d6+2, x3)
Reach (or not) Dwarven Dorn Dergar 3 (1d10+3, x2)
  Scale Mail,   Heavy Wooden Shield (+5 Armor, +2 Shield)
Abilities Str 14, Dex 10, Con 16, Int 12, Wis 14, Cha 9
Condition None
Questionaires For Fun
Introduction

Do you have any nicknames, street names, titles, or aliases?
"None that can be repeated in polite company?"

What is your full birth name?
"Dolgrim Oghammer, what are you deaf or something?"

Where do you live?
"None O' yer business ."

Why do you live there?
Dolgrim merely glares at you.

What is your citizenship status?
Dolgrim merely glares at you.

What do you perceive as your greatest strength?
"My capacity for ale."

What do you perceive as your greatest weakness?
"My ability to afford my capacity for ale."

What would you like to be remembered for after your death?
"A glorious battle."

What kind of threat do you present to the public?
"That I might drink all of their ale."

If your features were to be destroyed beyond recognition, is there any other way of identifying your body?
"Nope."

How much is a pint of mead or ale?
"Too damn much.  I tell ya the innkeepers have a racket going on.  They're jacking up the price on purpose to bleed poor sods like me out of all our money."

Erich Norden

Quote from: knightsdestiny on October 29, 2013, 10:13:38 AM
-snip-

I think you're missing some ability score points.  It's 15 point-buy, and Aasimar get a +2 bonus to WIS and CHA.

GM: Aside from the Mythic rule set, do you plan to use any alternate or extra rules, like Downtime or Fame?  Also, would Craft and/or Profession skills be a worthwhile investment?

Ghostwheel

Same question--as far as starting gold is concerned, are we rolling it, taking the average, max, or something else?

knightsdestiny

Erich derp yeah I did that wrong.

I'll fix it when I get home.

Ebb

Quote from: Ghostwheel on October 30, 2013, 08:00:36 AM
Same question--as far as starting gold is concerned, are we rolling it, taking the average, max, or something else?

Good question. I took the average, but can redo if we're going another way.

Blinkin

I rolled it, but then I always roll it. If I get less, I get less. This time, I got a whole 15 GP more. *chuckles* I've also ended up with characters who were all but naked and carrying a staff that they cut down themselves and a sack for their meger 2 days of food... so, it's the luck of the die. Many just take the average and run with it.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

knightsdestiny

Callie Del Noire

For some reason Plothooks won't give me my login. Says my email isn't the legal one. So is Mythweavers okay?

Update: And now MW won't let me save my charcter data. :(
Update: can someone check? My login was very very very wonky.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=694831

Erich Norden

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on October 30, 2013, 11:41:22 AM
For some reason Plothooks won't give me my login. Says my email isn't the legal one. So is Mythweavers okay?

Looks like everything's there, except for Currency, Languages, and the block text fields at the bottom.  (Although the sheet isn't applying your DEX bonus to AC for some reason.  Edit: Probably something to do with the "-" under your armour's max dexterity bonus; try leaving the field blank)

Dakkon

Sorry folks, its been a super busy day today, just got home and hitting the sack very soon!

Quote from: Erich Norden on October 29, 2013, 08:38:12 PM
I think you're missing some ability score points.  It's 15 point-buy, and Aasimar get a +2 bonus to WIS and CHA.

GM: Aside from the Mythic rule set, do you plan to use any alternate or extra rules, like Downtime or Fame?  Also, would Craft and/or Profession skills be a worthwhile investment?
Mass combat and Downtime are integrated into modules 2 and 3 respectively. Those are the only two I've seen so far, although there may be more in parts 4, 5 and 6. I hadn't considered using the fame rules before, but I'm going to look into that now, it would fit very well. Honour isn't officially used either and I won't use it, but there are big bonuses for acting compassionate and pious, as one would expect from the themes.

Quote from: Ghostwheel on October 30, 2013, 08:00:36 AM

I usually go average, but if you rolled it I'm okay with that too.

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on October 30, 2013, 11:41:22 AM

I can see your MW character sheet okay.

knightsdestiny

I'll put my sheet up on MW or something if that's wehre you like to have it if my character ends up in the adventure. :)

Dakkon

Quote from: Erich Norden on October 29, 2013, 08:38:12 PM

Craft and Profession could be useful in their own ways. If you were to take Profession, I'd keep it firmly focused on a Military or Civil job.

Also, the hex exploration method from Ultimate Campaign will be used as well.

Dakkon

Okay, here is our party:

Zanthus Meloridan - Elven Paladin - Child of the Crusades
Lysia Wayfinder - Tiefling Wizard - Chance Encounter
Idise - Aasimar Oracle - Touched by Divinity
Lydia - Human Ranger

Thank you to everyone who applied. There were many fantastic characters presented, I would have liked to take all of them if I could!

For those of you who are playing, I have three questions for you.

1) Are there any optional rules that you would like to add into the campaign? I've been considering both Fame and Honor, so if you'd like to use either, or any other sub-rules, please let me know.

2) Which category should be place this game in? My first instincts say exotic non-con, since we are going to be dealing with demons, which have many shapes and are not ones who tend to ask for permission, however the majority of play would be able to fit in both the human and tamer-than-noncon categories. Thoughts?

3) The adventure beings at around Noon. Do you want to roleplay the morning of the adventure in the city of Kenebres, or would you like us to get straight into it?