Suikoden, the Rune of Change (Recruiting Stars of Destiny)

Started by cabalxxvi, September 22, 2015, 04:10:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cabalxxvi

The year is SY 480. Ten years have passed since the Second Fire Bringer War. The Grasslands and Holy Harmonia have finally made peace, and the Flame Champion had made her way home. The Bishop that wanted the true runes was out there for one thing, and that was his own personal gain. When the Flame Champion and his followers finally finished the defense of the Grasslands, and Holy Harmonia, the war came to a close. There were things that were out of place though. The Rune of Change which represents change that affects all in the universe was missing, and this rune being as mysterious as it is, has one thing that everyone seeks. The power to change the past and rectify mistakes of the world is the one secret that is known. If this Rune fell into the wrong hands, then you could have complete chaos for all the realms in the world.

The Rune of Change was thought to have been lost to the world, buried with the secrets of the Sindar people, and taken to the mysterious shrouds of the world with them. The Sindar True Rune bearer was able to watch everything that went on in the world, and could have stopped the wars that happened from happening, but to hold the power of the universe in your hand was something that took great responsibility. One evening the Sindar chief was out with his family when the bishop of Holy Harmonia came, and murdered the chief in order to gain the rune, and take the power of the run for himself. This is what started the Second Fire Bringer war.

If it wasn’t for the 108 stars of destiny then the world could have been destroyed, but Chris, and her fellow companions were able to stop the bishop and return all the true runes that he had taken save for one, The Rune of Change. The bishop in a final dying fit of desperation was able to activate the Rune with his sacrifice, and the great power of the rune was released upon the world. The timeline that everyone knew had been torn asunder, and people and places of the world were starting to mesh into one. The Holy Kingdom of Harmonia, the Grasslands, Toran Republic, Tinto, and everything were meshed into one timeline. The wars were all going on at once, and every stars of destiny was meshed into the same timeline during the same wars, and everything was out of balance.

Now the question is, is there going to be another group of stars that will be able to stop the time shift and return balance to the world. We shall find out if the world has the ability to heal from the damage that has been done by the Rune of Change, and if there is a new tablet for the stars of Destiny. The year is now RoC 1, (Rune of Change 1), and the world is in the midst of chaos and war.

So, it has come to the heroes of the story once again to join forces, and see if they can correct the wrong that has happened in the world once again.
The objective of the story is to recruit, and create a kingdom basically that will be the fighting force for the people, and will defend the innocent from tyranny. So as members join the story, there will be instances where people will be bad and good, but the ultimate goal is to create a kingdom that can defend the weak and uphold justice. Every star in the list on this page has a purpose.
[/i]
Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

cabalxxvi

Here is the guidelines for joining the RP

Takes role-playing seriously, is respectful of their fellow member’s time, and won’t poof part way through the story.

Keep the lines of communication open. Life happens, sometimes the week is just hectic and you can’t post, all I ask is that you take 2 minutes and let us know. If it is occasional this is completely understandable.

Let the GM know if you aren’t feeling the game in some way, most things can be worked through.

Have GM’d before and/or would be willing to GM. GM’s tend to know the work that goes into a game and are more respectful players as a result.

Would like a long term group and on-going, in depth game.

Can post at least once per week.

Likes to write a few paragraphs whenever possible, but doesn't need to be a Shakespearean writer so long as you are willing to work on your writing skills as you go.

Take a cooperative view of the game. The aim is to tell a cool story, be true to your character, and the world, to the best of your ability, and have fun. That is how you win the RPG. There is no need for an adversarial relationship with the GM or Players.

Can separate the actions of a character from the actions of the Player. So if one character back-stabs another you don’t take it out on the Player.

Abide by the 12th Commandment. Thou shalt not meta game.

As GM - I don't believe in box canyons and can roll with the character’s ideas and plans when possible. Not saying they need to always succeed but they should be given the chance.

As GM - I use character backgrounds, merits, and flaws, and understand that the characters are special and the stars of the show.

As Players - understand that it is their job to ensure that their characters stay within the group. Temporary rifts are fine and can be quite dramatic but there needs to be some reason to keep things together overall.

Are open to different genres and systems.

Adore powers, over the top elements, and humor along with their gritty drama and seriousness. It makes for a well rounded game.

Aren’t afraid of the dark or sex scenes when appropriate to the story but don’t live there 24/7 either.

As Players - understand that the GM sees a bigger picture when it comes to the given world they are playing in and can roll with what happens in that world even if it may be bad for their character.

Respect each others' boundaries and on/offs.

Are on board with helping to build each other up, as storytellers, players, writers, and people.

Don’t believe in character death unless it is discussed beforehand and agreed upon. If the GM tells you it’s a bad idea and you will die if you attempt it and you do it anyway…all bets are off.

If this sounds good to you and you would like to put your hat in to join our group please post below. Once I find a group of committed folks we can start to hash out the full story of the game, and work to save the world.

I, for one, am very hesitant to put the effort in to run a game for just anyone and I know I’m not alone. This is why I am looking to get a group of like minded folks together, under the theory that such a group will be less likely to just disband or bugger off.

1. While this game is going to be primarily sandbox with portions of GM plots, I want to be sure that everyone understands that things will not be spoon fed. It will require some initiative and effort on the players part to keep things moving at an even pace. There is only so much I, as GM, can do to keep you moving forward. I am always willing to accommodate and assist in player driven plots but I do require players to present any plots of their own to the GM beforehand for approval.

2. I will have GM ran plots that allows for character/player developed plots as well as the main plot.

This is not going to be a sex focused game but under no circumstance will I stop it or frown upon it.

4. All character ages need to follow E guidelines or you will not be accepted into the store.

5. This game will be LGBT friendly. I am not going to tell someone who they have to love or who they have to  play.

6. Let's keep it to one character for now, and I will make changes to that as the game progresses, and we get more and more attention.

cabalxxvi

True Runes

Magic Runes

Beast RuneBlack Sword RuneBlinking RuneBlue Gate RuneBright Shield RuneCondemnation RuneCyclone RuneCyclone Sword Rune
Darkness RuneDawn RuneDoReMi RuneEarth RuneFire RuneFlowing RuneFlowing Sword RuneJongleur Rune
Lightning RuneMother Earth RuneMother Earth Sword RunePale Gate RuneRage RuneRage Sword RuneResurrection RuneRune of Punishment
Shield RuneSoul EaterStar RuneSword of Cyclone RuneSword of Rage RuneSword of Thunder RuneThunder RuneThunder Sword Rune
True Earth RuneTrue Fire RuneTrue Lightning RuneTrue Water RuneTrue Wind RuneTwilight RuneWater RuneWhite Saint Rune
Wind Rune

Command Runes

Angry Dragon RuneBanshee RuneBlue Drop RuneBoar RuneBoronda Hawk RuneChimera RuneClone RuneComet Rune
Devil's Doll RuneDouble Tusk RuneDryad RuneEagle RuneEight-Devil RuneFalcon RuneFierce Tiger RuneFire Breath Rune
Fire Dragon RuneFull Moon RuneGadget RuneGiant Owl RuneGozz RuneGreat Hawk RuneGroundhog RuneHate Rune
Hawk RuneHowling RuneIsshin RuneKangacorn RuneKite RuneLion RuneMallet RuneMayfly Rune
Mischief RuneNymph RunePhoenix RunePixie RuneRabid Fang RuneRed Rose RuneRipple RuneShining Wind Rune
Shining Wing RuneShrike RuneSickle RuneSickle-Weasel RuneSlash RuneSpider Slay RuneSpreading Flame RuneSwallow Rune
Swallow RuneSylph RuneTitan RuneTrick RuneTwin Ring RuneUnicorn RuneViper RuneWar Horse Rune
White Tiger RuneWrath Rune

Effect Runes

Alert RuneAlertness RuneBalance RuneBalloon RuneBarrier RuneBoost RuneBoundary RuneBucket Rune
Chameleon RuneChampions RuneCharm RuneCounter RuneCrazed RuneDouble-Beat RuneDouble-Edged RuneDouble-Strike Rune
Down RuneDrain RuneDraining RuneEquilibrium RuneExertion RuneFire Lizard RuneFire Sealing RuneFirefly Rune
Fortune RuneFriendship RuneFury RuneGale RuneGodspeed RuneGreat Firefly RuneHaziness RuneHazy Rune
Holy RuneHunter RuneKiller RuneKindness RuneKnight RuneMagic Absorb RuneMagic Drain RuneMagical Rune
Medicine RuneMinotaur RuneMulti-Strike RuneOgre RuneParent Turtle RunePhero RunePoison RunePower Rune
Prosperity RuneRaven RuneSilence RuneSkunk RuneSleep RuneSpark RuneSteel RuneStrike-Back Rune
Sunbeam RuneTechnique RuneTrue Holy RuneTurtle RuneVenom RuneViolence RuneWaking RuneWall Rune
Warrior RuneWater Sealing RuneWizard Rune

:Are you a bearer of a true rune?:  (Yes/No All true Rune bearers have to be approved)

:Name:

:Age:

:Sex:

:Orientation:

:Height:

:Hair:

:Eyes:

:Affiliation:

:Weapon Type, Name, and Rune:

:Profession:

:Fighting Style:

:Forehead Rune:

:Left Hand Rune:

:Right Hand Rune:

:Background Story:(3 paragraph minimum)

[float=right][center][img height=200]http://www.60-40.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Blank-Person1.png[/img][/center][img height=100]http://www.60-40.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Blank-Person1.png[/img][img height=100]http://www.60-40.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Blank-Person1.png[/img][img height=100]http://www.60-40.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Blank-Person1.png[/img][/float]

[u][b]:Are you a bearer of a true rune?:[/b][/u]  (Yes/No All true Rune bearers have to be approved)

[u][b]:Name:[/b][/u]

[u][b]:Age: [/b][/u]

[u][b]:Sex:[/b][/u]

[u][b]:Orientation:[/b][/u]

[u][b]:Height:[/b][/u]

[u][b]:Hair:[/b][/u]

[u][b]:Eyes: [/b][/u]

[u][b]:Affiliation:[/b][/u]

[u][b]:Weapon Type and Name:[/b][/u]

[u][b]:Profession:[/b][/u]

[u][b]:Fighting Style:[/b][/u]

[u][b]:Forehead Rune:[/b][/u]

[u][b]:Left Hand Rune:[/b][/u]

[u][b]:Right Hand Rune:[/b][/u]

[hr]
[hr]

[center][u][b]:Background Story:[/b][/u][/center] (3 paragraph minimum)

cabalxxvi

A lot of the questions that you would have could be answered through the Wiki as well. The link for the Wiki is http://suikoden.wikia.com/wiki/Suikoden_Wikia

QuoteQuick question are the existing characters to be used or are we making Original Characters to be new rune wielders since history has been changed?

I am going to allow Canon characters, but would prefer OC's for players. If you are going to play canon characters, I would prefer they had a good knowledge of the world to play canon characters though.

Quote from: Crowe on September 25, 2015, 07:41:02 PM
I like Suikoden but its been a very long time since I played one. Will I be alright with just reading your intro or do I need to have more knowledge of the world in order to play?

You don't have to have an extensive amount of knowledge, just know that the story is based around a culture of the 108 stars of destiny, and that the world is in need of the stars once again. You should be fine with reading just the intro and joining in.

cabalxxvi

This is where I am going to place all the face claims for the stars that participate in the RP. It's going to house the most basic information for each claim.

:Name:
:Age:
:Sex:
:Runes:
:Weapon:

[float=left][img height=100]http://www.60-40.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Blank-Person1.png[/img][/float]
[b]:Name:[/b]
[b]:Age:[/b]
[b]:Sex:[/b]
[b]:Runes:[/b]
[b]:Weapon:[/b]

Tenkai (天魁)
Reserved for the leader of the Stars
Tengou (天罡)
Tenki (天機)
Reserved for the Military Strategist
Tenpei (天平)
Reserved for the Shipmaster
Tenzai (天罪)
Tenpai (天敗)
Tenrou (天牢)
Tensui (天慧)
Tenbou (天暴)
Chiyou (地妖)

Tenkan (天閒)
Reserved for the keeper of the Tablet
Ten'yuu (天勇)

Ten'yuu (天雄)

Tenkoku (天哭)
Tenkou (天巧)
Chikai (地魁)
Chisatsu (地煞)
Chiyuu (地勇)
Chiketsu (地傑)
Reserved for the master of Runes
Chiyuu (地幽)

Tenmou (天猛)

Ten'i (天威)

Ten'ei (天英)
Reserved for hero's personal bodyguard/best friend
Chiyuu (地雄)

Chii (地威)

Chiei (地英)

Chiki (地奇)

Chimou (地猛)

Chibun (地文)

Chifuku (地伏)
Reserved for second in command military strategist
Tenki (天貴)

Tenfu (天富)

Tenmen (天滿)

Chisei (地正)

Chikatsu (地闊)

Chikou (地闔)

Chikyou (地強)

Chian (地暗)

Chifu (地輔)
Reserved for the Smithy
Chihi (地僻)

Tenko (天孤)

Tenshou (天傷)

Tenritsu (天立)

Chikai (地會)

Chisa (地佐)

Chiyou (地佑)

Chirei (地靈)
Reserved for the physician
Chiju (地獸)

Chibi (地微)

Chikuu (地空)

Tenshou (天捷)

Ten'an (天暗)

Tenyuu (天祐)

Chikei (地慧)

Chibaku (地暴)

Chizen (地然)

Chishou (地猖)

Chikyou (地狂)

Chihi (地飛)

Chiko (地孤)

Tenkuu (天空)

Tensoku (天速)

Ten'i (天異)

Chisou (地走)

Chikou (地巧)

Chimei (地明)

Chisin (地進)

Chitai (地退)

Chiman (地滿)

Chizen (地全)

Tensatsu (天殺)

Tenbi (天微)

Tenkyuu (天究)

Chisui (地遂)

Chishuu (地周)

Chiin (地隱)

Chii (地異)

Chiri (地理)

Chishun (地俊)

Chitan (地短)

Tentai (天退)

Tenju (天壽)
Reserved for the bodyguard/sibling of the Hero
Tenken (天劍)

Chigaku (地樂)

Chishou (地捷)

Chisoku (地速)

Chichin (地鎮)

Chikei (地稽)

Chima (地魔)

Chikaku (地角)

Chishuu (地藏)

Chizou (地囚)

Chihei (地平)

Chison (地損)

Chido (地奴)

Chisatsu (地察)

Chiaku (地惡)

Chishuu (地丑)

Chisu (地數)

Chiin (地陰)

Chikei (地刑)

Chisou (地壯)

Chiretsu (地劣)

Chiken (地健)

Chikou (地耗)

Chizoku (地賊)

Chikou (地狗)

Marie Reynolds

Quick question are the existing characters to be used or are we making Original Characters to be new rune wielders since history has been changed?

cabalxxvi

I am going to have it setup as to where you can choose to canon characters, but would prefer to have OC's for the game since the story has changed, but I don't see an issue with a few people playing canon characters.

Marie Reynolds

No problem I'll be more okay with  running an oc. I love suikoden a lot i would be intimated  to try and run  an iconic  character from the series.

cabalxxvi

I just hope that it catches on, it's a huge undertaking taking on a game of this size, and I just hope that people are going to want to play.

Marie Reynolds

Yep at the very least I will be here for this game. Oh do you want me to post the Suikoden Wiki here?

cabalxxvi

You can PM the information to me please. I forgot about that myself, and I will get it added to the main thread.

cabalxxvi

summoner2183

Crowe

I like Suikoden but its been a very long time since I played one. Will I be alright with just reading your intro or do I need to have more knowledge of the world in order to play?

Marie Reynolds

Crowe if you need any help putting something together, Let me know.

Marie Reynolds

I am looking to play a member of  the Harmonian Southern Frontier Defense Forces. If anyone would like  to make ties and form a team as a part of the organization feel to chat with me.

cabalxxvi

Quote from: Crowe on September 25, 2015, 07:41:02 PM

You don't have to have an extensive amount of knowledge, just know that the story is based around a culture of the 108 stars of destiny, and that the world is in need of the stars once again. You should be fine with reading just the intro and joining in.

Crowe

Cool. I played the games (3-5) back on PS2 but its just been a long time :P Anyway, I'm up for it if it does happen.

TheHangedOne

If this is still a thing, I'd definitely be interested. I fell in love with the Suikoden franchise from the very first game.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

cabalxxvi

Yes, I still plan on making this happen. I am just waiting on enough interest for the game to take off. I am thinking interest of at least 10 people to get things going.