Castle RP Interest Check and OOC Thread

Started by Etherwood, July 29, 2010, 07:09:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hayley

Me!  Me!  Me!

Can you reserve me a spot for the half hour it'll take to get up a character?

*puppy dog eyes*

I was thinking a diplomat?  Any preference on the land represented?

Etherwood

I can!

Pick a country, any country, as long as they're not care bears. :3 Preferably humanoid and expect some xenophobia here and there, but it's all yours.

Tydorei

Etherwood, did you get my message?

Edit: Also, there are more races than just human? Does that mean magic will be in this role play?

Etherwood

I replied, and for some reason it doesn't seem to have sent it. I'll reply again here, since everyone should really know.

There is a religion based on Catholicism in play, and any kind of Inquisitor character brought into the RP would likely be hunting for a magical reason or a form of witchcraft to the Empress' disappearance.

Magic does exist, but for the sake of preventing powerplaying and letting people have characters with too much power, it's not going to be an option for any of our characters - at least not at this point in the RP. I may consider it later.

There can be other races, it depends entirely on whoever's playing a diplomat as to what they want for their character. I would prefer that all of said races are humanoid.

Tydorei

Alrighty then. I'll have my inquisitor character up shortly. heh heh.

Ironwolf85

I was thinking of a grand cleric, former hero.
Priest who prefers to defend himself with a crossbow.
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Hayley

Full Character Name: Silya Fairsea
Given Name/Title: Your Excellency/Silya/Sils
Desired Role: Coastal Cities diplomat
Height: 5'4"
Build: Curvy
Eye Color: Green
Hair Color: Re
Sexuality: Straight

The coastal confederacy is a collection of city states on the continent to the south.  Most in the castle view the coast cities as pirates nests and thieves hideouts, but there is alot more to them than simply that.  A group of 11 cities bound together under a single ruling council, the coast cities are hampered by a poor geographic position.  Sure, they provide more pirates than anything else - and the council is quick to distance itself from these "renegades" despite the famous 'Takings Tax' that effectively legalizes piracy - but the cities are quick to point out they are simply trying to survive.

Silya is the third daughter of a council member and one of the cities's first adventures with formal diplomacy.  Relations have become more than strained as late between the two regions as two poor fishing seasons in the cities force more to piracy with a predictable effect on Tampari's trade.  In a depsperate attempt to stave off a war, she has been dispatched to try to bring some calm to the proceedings.

(Just looking for a pic I like.  I'll get it up here the seocnd I find it!)

Etherwood

Quote from: Ironwolf85 on July 30, 2010, 08:01:23 PM
I was thinking of a grand cleric, former hero.
Priest who prefers to defend himself with a crossbow.

Sounds good!

Etherwood

Vostroya

I would be interested in playing the Emperor if it is still available.

Etherwood

Vostroya

cool i'll post up a character in a little bit.

Vostroya

Full Character Name: Alexandros Marsuvious Valerian
Given Name/Title: Your Majesty
Desired Role: The Emperor
Height: 6’5”
Build: Thin, but Muscular
Eye Color: Blue
Hair Color: Blond

Description:

Character Background: He once was an almost unknown prince of the late Emperor who had many children, all of whom were vying for power. But no one took notice of young Alexandros, who was the fifth in line for the throne and but a young knight within the military still learning the ropes of combat. That all changed when a major battle went on to kill most of the royal families heirs to the throne. All but young Alexandros who bravely lead a unit of Knights to victory over the battle. Becoming an instant popularity hit with the xenophobic people. His rise to power could no longer be stopped and when the Emperor died, the natural choice was evident.

Now that he is Emperor Valerian has spent months restructuring the old power base of the old Emperor to a power base that would allow Valerian to retain power. He has become a strong ally within the military ensuring that idle threats from the royal houses would come on deaf ears. He is considered a “Hawk” leader, considering military options to problems many times before any other option. He has a short fuse of a temper when it comes to renegades or rebels within his empire.

Lyrus

Do you just post a reply for this? If so, here we are:

Full Character Name: Lous-Verrant Baptiste
Given Name/Title: Lord Lous-Verrant Baptiste, Third Son of the Duke of Norait
Desired Role: Diplomat from a nearby nation called Avantier.
Height: 5'9"
Build: Muscled, but has a lean figure. Not very tall, which allows him to keep a low, discreet profile. Rather pale because of his region of origin.
Eye Color: Crimson Red
Hair Color: Raven Black
Sexuality: Bisexual (As far as the aristocracy goes, he is one of those conflicting bastards who tells the world he is straight and ends up having an affair with the prince of somewhere...)

Background: Being the third son of a ducal family is not easy, as Lous-Verrant has learned. Yes, despite your status you still live with relative luxury, but being the third son of the Duke of Norait does get infuriating sometimes. You may have learned to ride excellently, fight with the blade like a true master, astonish artists everywhere with gorgeous paintings and other works of art, but everything you've done - your brothers already did it first. Its nothing special. Everything you've achieved, your brothers, too, have done so. And yet should you be better than them in one field, you are expected to never surpass them. You must know your place. Just because of the time of birth, there is such a wretched difference in the things one receives. You bow to incompetents. You must love a father who belittles you. It is a harsh life. Lous-Verrant knows he will not inherit the Duchy of Norait. He wasn't born for it. But he will fight fate in his own way. Instead of begrudging his status, he has learned to accept the discreet benefits it offers. He plays to the fancies of all around him, and has caused both his brothers to see him as their own minions and shower gifts on him. Instead of diving into swordplay and scholarship like what nobles are expected to do, giving him no recognition, he chose to take up lessons that gifted him with charm, eloquence, and ultimate etiquette. His father noticed him at last, and saw his potential as a great diplomat. His first assignment was to the fief of Casair in the Duchy of Norait. An insignificant village which was rioting over heavy taxes. Lous-Verrant arrived, talked the village elder down, quelled the populace, and raised the taxes even more. His father, the Duke of Norait, was astonished and had no idea how this was accomplished. Immediately, Lous-Verrant was seen in a new light. But he took care not to step too much into the limelight ... because politics gets ugly. Many years later, Lous-Verrant proved himself as a worthy diplomat and a masterful speaker. To the delight of the Duke, he was summoned to the court of the King of Avantier himself, and given an assignment to go to a distant nation called Tanperi, to serve as an emissary in their capital city of Ende. Due to the nation's xenophobic persona, Tanperi has never been very welcoming of foreigners. However, recent affairs in Tanperi appear to have caused some sort of disturbance, and the King wished for the most skilled diplomat he had at his disposal to go into Tanperi bearing the Avantierian royal crest and obtain the much-desired trading rights from Tanperi, which many nations desired because of the strategic location of Tanperi which was positioned close to a great many naval trading routes. Hearing of Lous-Verrant's ability, the King thus summoned him and ordered him to go to the city of Ende as an emissary in the name of the Kingdom of Avantier. Lous-Verrant obeyed. Though he did not show it, he was elated. Excited. Finally, the shackles of his birth had been thrown away, for in a new nation, he could carve out his own sizable chunk of profit without answering to anyone back in his homeland... And of course, the King would get his share as well.

* On a side note, Avantier distinctly resembles France.
TIS NEITHER RAPE NOR ABUSE
IF YOU ENJOY IT

My Ons & Offs
My Desires
Ambitious Group Roleplay!

Etherwood

All good, guys!

I would say the Emperor ought to be at least ten years older than he presently is, though - his son has to be old enough to be married to Gisele (who's 25) and he's been in power for 15 years. Small tweaks ought to do it.

Etherwood

All right, my lovely beanlings!

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=77429.new#new

There is your IC thread. I've put it in Play-By-Post: Bondage, D/s, S&M because I'd rather not limit what you guys get up to in the storyline. Feel free to be as vanilla as you like, but be aware that you have possibilities with darker themes if you'd like them. :3

Post as you like! Given how many of us there are, if you break off into dialogues, don't wait for everyone else. Where possible, if your characters are going to be talking for a long time, try to get one another on a messenger or by PM to arrange creating one large post of it.

Other than that, my freaky darlings, it's time to get the ball rolling! :D Any OOC chat or questions can be posted in this thread.

Lyrus

Wait, is my character accepted? No? I have no confirmation whatsoever! @_@
TIS NEITHER RAPE NOR ABUSE
IF YOU ENJOY IT

My Ons & Offs
My Desires
Ambitious Group Roleplay!

Silk

Her post ok all ok came after yours lyrus I think your fine :P

Etherwood

Etherwood

I'll post in the morning, folks, I've been at Pride all day and probably couldn't string a coherent post together if I tried. :x

Hunter

Hmmmm....I've been looking for a bit of a change.  I'd like to take a crack at the Crown Prince, if I could.

Etherwood

Hunter

Full Name: Roger Vincent Ainsworth
Given Name/Title: His Imperial Highness
Desired Role: Crown Prince
Height: 6' 0"
Build: Thin but muscular
Eye Color: Green
Hair Color: Red

Character Background: Roger is the eldest and current heir to the throne.  He's been trained and groomed since birth to take his father's place someday, something he seems to be in no hurry to take on.  Appearance wise, he takes after his mother rather than his father.   He carries his father's temperament, which tends to make crossing him nearly as bad of an idea as crossing his father.  His skill with a sword is fabled as is his ability to lead troops into battle.  Unlike many nobles, he tends to lead from the front rather than the rear and during battle can be found in the heaviest parts of battle.  He's also notoriously lucky, has reflexes of a snake, and the tenacity of a grizzly bear.

Etherwood

All good bar his age! His father's 39, so around 20-21 is probably reasonable. :3 Otherwise, jump on in when you like.

Etherwood

I'm gonna give Vostroya 24 hours to post before I move this along, folks. We'll be back in business this time tomorrow one way or another. :3