Monsters Wanted: This Means You! (D&D Style Freeform)

Started by Henderson, June 15, 2010, 09:13:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ironwolf85

Steelhorn: eesh do they ever stop? ahh well I got the essencals for a good forgeworks, and a few extras, like underlings to help with the forges, a few luxuries for myself. most of it I can make...
hmmm... once I get up and running i might have a few special projects... maybe a golem or two.
also I spent the gold to find old maps of the region we can expand into a sunken dwarven citidal once we get set up shop
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Diabolus Lupus

do we have a relative Hit Die? I'd like to have an idea what kind of abilities my guy would have. *Grins at the thought of a feral gargoyle*

dready

Negative on the expanding into the citadel. We'd have to deal with too much as well as the matter of a secondary entrance into the dungeon. I like the idea of getting some golems though.

I'd say no higher than 8 DH

Drako

This looks like fun. May I play a kender? I was thinking either as a were-tiger or a half-dragon or a half-fiend.

I can find something else to play. I just think kender are fun and it was the first dnd race I ever played.

NotoriusBEN

dready

Quote from: Drako on June 18, 2010, 08:37:45 PM
This looks like fun. May I play a kender?
I have not the slightest clue as to what a kender is.

Drako

know anything about the dragon lance books, dready?

One of the main characters, Tasselhoff (sp?), is a kender. Basically halflings with no fear and the attention span of a two year old. Oh and they also have sticky fingers.

dready

Quote from: Drako on June 18, 2010, 08:46:58 PM
know anything about the dragon lance books, dready?

One of the main characters, Tasselhoff (sp?), is a kender. Basically halflings with no fear and the attention span of a two year old. Oh and they also have sticky fingers.
Sounds more like an adventurer than an employed creature to me. Unfortunately I don't think that I've read the dragon lance books, but I do know enough about a kender through general summaries to tell that they wouldn't do so well within a group of independant creatures employed by some sort of mysterious figure.

Drako

k. I'll see what else I can find. *goes hunting through the monster manuals*

Diabolus Lupus

is there a template or something that would give a creature say a dig speed?

Kunoichi

Quote from: Drako on June 18, 2010, 09:00:20 PM
k. I'll see what else I can find. *goes hunting through the monster manuals*

*recommends Kenku, from Monster Manual III*

Small-sized raven-men with a liking for wealth and power, and excellent teamwork skills. ^^ If we could get a small flock of those in the dungeon, we'd have a nice alternative to your basic Kobold warrior.

dready

Quote from: Diabolus Lupus on June 18, 2010, 09:03:39 PM
is there a template or something that would give a creature say a dig speed?
Earthtouched. Can't fly, gains a Burrow Speed equal to their base land speed which has the same functions for ascending/descending as flight. Also a slam attack that is 1d4 bludgeoning, and DR 2/bludgeon

Diabolus Lupus

Quote from: dready on June 18, 2010, 09:10:47 PM
Earthtouched. Can't fly, gains a Burrow Speed equal to their base land speed which has the same functions for ascending/descending as flight. Also a slam attack that is 1d4 bludgeoning, and DR 2/bludgeon
ok, what book is that in?

Drako

dready

Quote from: Diabolus Lupus on June 18, 2010, 09:13:05 PM
ok, what book is that in?
No idea, just remember reading it somewhere, but I think it might have been from 3.0.

dready

Diabolus Lupus

Well if you have no problem with me using it, here be my character.

Names: Vrrtak
Alias: Digger
Species: Feral Earthtouched Gargoyle
Sexual Orientations: Attracted to men, though not necessarily opposed to female attention either
Demeanours: Hard working, tends to be a bit gruff. A bit of a loner, but pretty nice once she warms up to someone.
Dungeon Roles: Excavation and demolitions. Also really good for ambushes and/or head on attacks

Drako

So is that a yes or a no?

Desmodu are humanoid bats.

Kunoichi

Quote from: dready on June 18, 2010, 09:42:11 PM
I'm not familiar with alot of monsters past MM 1

Monstrous Humanoid, size Large, lives in caves in the Underdark.  They're vaguely bat-like, but have no wings and instead get a climb speed, as well as Blindsight from echolocation and some cool sonic-related abilities.  A screech attack that can either be single-target or area-effect, as well as either a buff to their allies that's like bardic music, or a debuff to enemies that's basically the opposite of bardic music.

Looking over them, they're pretty cool and flavorful.  Usually neutral good, but of course they can't all be good guys...  They also like to train bats, which should help with the dungeon's general ambience. ^^

fallensaviour

NotoriusBEN

Oh yea, so what's our response to the heroes? Same-old oh~ that room can handle it, or is it gonna be overwhelming S.W.A.T. response when they enter the lobby?

haha

Kunoichi

*is almost tempted to switch from two fiends to an entire Kobold tribe, just to go all Tucker's Kobolds on any poor adventurers that happen to walk in through the front door*

Ironwolf85

Steelhorn: we've been doing a lot of brainstorming, the goal of a dungeon is simple... seperate the wheat from the chaff with heroes.
sure we kill about half of them... maybe the entire party if they truely suck, but in the end a couple will get through and go on to do heroic things save the world and blah de blah.

Player: wow this is freaking popular... it's like the monster unemployment line.
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Geradine

i'm stuck writing this out, because no one has this race listed anywhere. *is immensely irked*  roughly 3 feet tall, has chameleonic scales, prefers to attack from ambush, uses nets and bolas well, as well as bows, and is very good with poisons. can hold it's breath for a long amount of time. (4xCon score, to be precise), and rarely wears armor to help with chameleonic ability. 30ft base land speed, +4 on jump, balance, and swim, applies poisons without any danger to self, +5 hide (chameleon), lowlight, 3 natural attacks (claw, claw, bite) and speaks draconic and commmon, with sylvan and halfling as bonus languages. *pant*

name: Nightshade (yes, that is a type of poison)
alias: NA
demeanor: quiet, he likes to stay hidden when a fight breaks out, usually attacking from some unknown location (which is sometimes right next to his target)
Description: scales are naturally a muddy brown, giving him good coloration for the swamp even without his chameleon effect. his eyes are a brilliant yellow, and his bow is slightly ornate (think along the lines of the bow a chieftan's son would have, only less...ostentanious). his "s" sounds tend to be slightly drawn out.
Job: Scout/Sentry
The view from behind a scope puts everything into perspective.

There are many things you can tell about a person by the way he/she writes. -me, i think.

fallensaviour

(oh yes i was going to go with the name "abraxis")