Mass Effect: Terminus Rising [Currently Full]

Started by Mr Self Destruct, October 04, 2011, 07:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GloomCookie

There's only one solution I can think of.

"EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!"
My DeviantArt

Ons and Offs Updated 9 October 2022

Latooni Subota

If I use biotic powers to vibrate my Omni-Tool at the proper frequency, does it count as a sonic screwdriver?
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

thebobmaster

Now I have the urge to try to write a Mass Effect/Doctor Who crossover.
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

RP Ideas:New and Approved!

GloomCookie

No Latooni, that just leaves you with vibrating fingers.  Which will make your masturbation sessions much more interesting.
My DeviantArt

Latooni Subota

So . . in the end . . . It's a success. Good to know. Also, clearly we need to get ahold of some Quarian enviro-suits. For uh . . . use with certain devices and programs. *Cough*

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

DigitLninja

Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

NINJA VANISH! *disappears in a puff of smoke*

GloomCookie

Latooni played through the male Shepard on Mass Effect 2 just for the scene with Tali.
My DeviantArt

DigitLninja

Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

thebobmaster

Wargtass

I played through female Shepard to bonk Garrus. I am hopelessly in love with the big oaf...
O/O

Latooni Subota

Mr Self Destruct

I played through as Fem Shep so as to have hot lesbo-alien sex with Lara T'Soni :P

The game thread is up!  And the OOC thread is ready to go, too.

I'll add the links to the front page of this Interest Thread.

To answer your question, Xanatos, the Asari are welcome to undergo Alliance Military training, but most choose not to.  They have their own specialized schools for warfare, and most follow the traditions of their mothers and the other Matrons, and undergo the specialized training available to them.  That's not to say that all Asari choose to do so, but there are few enough Asari recruits in the Alliance Military that they received no mention.

While we have a fairly solid crew for the game, I'm not averse to one or two characters, assuming they come out.  Destiny Ascension is interested, so this thread will remain open if she and others decide to join. 

Wargtass

And Caestus won the race for first one on bridge, winning a dextro-amino based cookie to boot... *victory dance*
O/O

Xanatos

My reference "Resistance is futile" was in reference to the Borg. I said that because the Terminus Coalition's banner is the Borg symbol -smirks-.

Mr Self Destruct

Dammit!  I was hoping nobody would catch that *facepalms* lol

Curse your geekiness, Xanatos! :P

GloomCookie

Quote from: Dark Clown on October 10, 2011, 09:47:46 PM
Dammit!  I was hoping nobody would catch that *facepalms* lol

Curse your geekiness, Xanatos! :P

I was gonna say something but decided to be nice, but in this case... BORG BORG BORG!
My DeviantArt

Mr Self Destruct

Curse you, too Linna! *borg-swats*

Ya try to get away with something, and everyone busts yer balls! lol

Xanatos

Oh I am a nerd at heart! Star Wars, Star Trek, Babylon 5, Star Gate, and so forth! Now with Mass Effect, I add it to my list. Its not a show/movie though, like the others. -wishes for a movie- Though, knowing movies, it would probably be butchered beyond all recognition. :/

Mr Self Destruct

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaactually...

Film

On May 24, 2010, EA announced that Legendary Pictures, Warner Bros. acquired the rights to a Mass Effect film, with Mass Effect's executive producer Casey Hudson as well as Ray Muzyka and Greg Zeschuck from BioWare serving as the movie's executive producers. Legendary Pictures plans to produce the film with Thomas Tull, Jon Jashni and Avi Arad.  The producers are in negotiations with screenwriter Mark Protosevich about penning the script. In a Q&A Posted on Legendary Pictures website, Legendary Pictures has confirmed that the storyline to the Mass Effect movie will follow the storyline of the first Mass Effect.

Taken from the Mass Effect Wiki.

thebobmaster

They are making a Mass Effect movie, actually. It's being made by Legendary Pictures, and will have a male Shepard. The screenwriter is Mark Protosevich, who wrote the "I Am Legend" remake. They say that the script will be "following and honoring the story", and sadly have confirmed that Seth Green will not be playing Joker. http://www.tomsguide.com/us/Mass-Effect-Movie-Legendary-Pictures-Mark-Protosevich-Shepard,news-12632.html

Curses, beaten to it. But I still have different info.

Xanatos

Crap... they are making one. I should be careful what I wish for. Now I get to watch a horribly mutilated version of the storyline. If they make multiple movies, then it might be better.

DigitLninja

hmm... let's hope it's not like M.Knight's representation of Avatar: the Last Air Bender
Quotes to Live by:

Destiny Ascension

Name: Staff Lieutenant Serena Martin
Race: Human
Class: Warrior
Class Specialization: Special Forces
Appearance: http://www.deviantart.com/download/244803092/the_commander_by_tansy9-d41qz9w.jpg
Personality Serena Martin upholds many of the qualities demanded of Alliance soldiers as though they were law. She believes in doing the 'right thing and saving lives, if possible. She prefers to avoid harming civilians, and if in command, plans to do so fervently. Yet still, she follows her orders diligently and never turns away from doing the harsh work necessary to complete her mission, although she prefers not to test 'whatever the cost', she understands it iss a necessary part of military operations, that not everything can go as planned.

She is driven and focused, and her determination is absolute. She does not believe in giving up until she is dead or the mission is complete, but she cares for those under her command, and believes the only way she can be a good leader is if their lives mean as much to her as her own, or the success of her mission. She has never handled loosing her soldiers well, though she doesn't break down and show emotion, she carries each fallen comrade as a reminder of her failures, true or otherwise. In combat, she is cool and tactical, preferring to overcome desperate odds with smart, if gutsy action and strategy. She adheres to Alliance military doctrine particularly well, preferring fast and violent strikes at enemy weaknesses to stand-up, large battles if possible.

Off duty, Serena is friendly and inviting, but far from outgoing. She has never had any particular skill at socializing, she is a master tactician and soldier, but not a diplomat. She likes to listen to jokes, though rarely tells them, and prefers to listen rather than talk, though she isn't shy or awkward, she isn't interesting in being all that friendly. Although this doesn't mean she isn't interested in other people, or races. Serena has never had a reason to have a strong connection to anyone outside of her own unit, though she develops a sense of familiarity with her soldiers as much as she can, she also keeps her relationships strictly professional. She cares, about a lot of people, and not just humans. She is not a racist by any means, she has fought with aliens in both joint operations and as a liaison officer for complicated military operations to many races, turians and asari included.

History: Serena Martin was born on the human colony of Shanxi 27 years ago. She is the second of 3 children, an older brother and a younger sister, and both her parents are still alive, though she has a small extended family. From a young age Serena showed a particular interest in space travel and intergalactic politics, and particularly in the military of the Systems Alliance and the Citadel Council, the former more than the latter. Nobody in her family was any kind of soldier, though her father was an accomplished outdoors man, her mother was the exact opposite, a complete city girl with no love for the uncivilized areas except for the nice view.

As a child, Serena was notedly intelligent and quick to learn, but unfocused. She preferred entertaining herself, running around and playing sports, instead of attending to her studies. Smart she is, but not enough to coast through. But as she aged she quickly developed self control and with a little guidance, proved herself capable of grasping new concepts and learning new things remarkably fast, though she was never particularly good at understanding mathematics. Serena also learned a small degree of survival in the outdoors, though the temperate climate of Shanxi lacked any extreme conditions to truly develop any kind of survival skills.

Serena joined the Alliance military at the age of 17, as early as she could, and excelled through her training. She was quickly picked for a potential leadership position in the Alliance military intelligence, though first she needed to prove herself in battle. At the ripe age of 21 and a newly graduated 2nd Lieutenant, Serena was placed in command of a small platoon in the 291st Frontier Marines, stationed on the Citadel. The first year of her command was a dull, seemingly unending series of deployments from station on the Citadel to patrolling with Alliance vessels, nothing ever happened on the patrols except boredom and the odd fight, fraternization scandal and even a shield failure, of which, Serena did nothing but overhear.

Her second year, however, proved much more exciting. After a small group of pirates attempted but ultimately failed to attack a small Alliance colony near the Terminus Systems, Serena's battalion was sent to put an end to those pirates before they proved successful. The pirates were tracked to a small moon in a nearby, and an attack was launched. Serena proved herself a capable soldier, and a good leader and battle tactician, when her superior officer was killed early in the fighting, and Serena led the remainder of her platoon of 70 successfully against the pirates, suffering very few casualties and completely annihilating the pirate group. As a result of this, Serena was promoted and given a larger command. Now a 1st Lieutenant, Serena was placed in command of a battalion sized force based on Arcturus Station, though normally deployed aboard various Second Fleet ships scattered about Alliance space on patrol. By the age of 23, she had acquired a relatively small but positive service record with almost a dozen small skirmishes and one large confrontation with a Batarian slaver group, and developed a small level of renown for being both effective in combat and as a confident and smart combat leader. It was around then that she was selected for special forces training, the arduous and infamous N-class program.

Despite having several years of combat experience and her fair share of battle wounds, the intensity of the special forces selection program pushed Serena to a breaking point she thought she'd been rid of. The intense physical activity, lack of sleep and almost overwhelmingly applied pressure, mostly psychological, almost pushed the young officer to wash out and return to standard duty. But the deep pools of perseverance she never knew she had, helped push her through and allowed her to graduate the N7 course near the top of her class. She was further promoted to Staff Lieutenant, and has never looked back.
Biotic Powers: None
Weaponry: M-8 Avenger, M-3 Predator, ML-77 Missile Launcher
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Preferred Position: Dominant

- Do you have any idea how many days it took me to find a damn picture that looked Mass Effect-ish, soldier-like and wasn't OBVIOUSLY Shepard? :X
"Build courage when courage seems to fail, gain faith when there seems to be little cause for faith, create hope when hope becomes forlorn."
Andraste's flaming sword! I know where babies come from!

Geradine

Name: Viele
Race: Geth
Class: Warrior
Class Specialization: Guerilla Fighter
Appearance:
History: one of the few platforms with multiple intelligences networked in and of itself, Viele (which is german for many) is one of the original geth. he has been moving unseen and unheard from, even among other geth, for almost 200 years. his originally brown armor has reverted to it's dull grey through time. he has watched humanity and the other races with interest, spending the majority of his 200 years in the shadows of the many heavily colonized worlds, learning all he can about the organic races.
Biotic Powers: none
Weaponry: Pistol: M-9 Tempest w/ Phasic Jacketing (anti shield/barrier)
                           Rifle: M-98 Widow basic
                           Heavy: M-920 Cain (last resort weapon)
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Preferred Position: Neither

sorry about appearing out of nowhere, but this interested me greatly.
The view from behind a scope puts everything into perspective.

There are many things you can tell about a person by the way he/she writes. -me, i think.

Mr Self Destruct

Destiny Ascension, you're approved.  Consider Lieutenant Martin a part of the crew of the Symphony, and post your entrance accordingly.  Though with her being the same rank as Lieutenant Anderson, it might be problematic when it comes to who is in command.   >:)

Geradine, welcome aboard!  I was hoping someone would play a Geth.  You're approved, sir, but I'd like to talk to you via PM before you make your character's first post.  Expect a PM from me promptly. :)

I think we'll be closing this Interest Thread down for the time being.  We've got enough characters now, and anymore would just cluster things up more than I'd like.