Heroic Fantasy Desert Island Game (D&D 3.5) – (Need Male Characters)

Started by LisztesFerenc, May 29, 2011, 09:21:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ofDelusions

LisztesFerenc

ofDelusions

Aether

I am really excited about this.  My little gnome is going to some neat things  ^.^

TheHangedOne

Here's my character sheet, because I'm a fancy lad.  :D I used pathguy.com's 3.5 character generator, by the way, which is pretty nice.  It makes a printable sheet...so I got screencaps of it, and just threw it together in paint. 

1,042 spare gold
Bedroll
Mirror, small steel
Tent
Rope, silk
Traveler's Outfit
Handy Haversack

Acid, flask 3x
Alchemist's fire, flask 3x

Leather Armor
Short Spear +1
Ring of Sustenance
Bracers of Armor +1
Cloak of resistance +1

Potions:
Enlarge Person 1x
Cure Moderate Wounds 3x

Scrolls
Identify 2x
Bull's Strength 1x
Summon Monster I 4x
Tiny Hut 1x
Comprehend Languages 4x

Wand of Cure Light Wounds

Name: Redrick Schuhart
Race: Human

Redrick was something of an anomaly born in the Fort. Lacking in the physical strength of his father, but inheriting his mother's quick wit, he was, from a young age, shoehorned into the roll of warrior. It wasn't until he got older and his strange powers began to manifest that genuine problems started to arise.

Initially believed to be a Sorceror, he consorted with the handful of other mages, and his training took a different direction; towards nurturing this rare arcane gift. But the few Sorcerors and Wizards, who only worked with each other out of necessity, found out quite quickly that he was no Sorceror. He had a natural gift, yes, but their was something far, far different about it.

Although Redrick tried to get along with the others, he often found himself alienated by virtue of what he could do.  This treatment could only be bared for so long, however, before he just grew wary of it all, and said "To the Nine Hells with it", and decided to leave. As the game starts, he is setting off to try and find a place where he feels like he belongs.

A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Healergirl

Lisztesferenc,

It is based on that, I think.  Here is a link:  http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Healer_%283.5e_Class%29

But I am reconsidering.  We have a lot of interesting character concepts but I notice an acute lack of head-knockers.  We will be reliant on hiring/influencing NPCs for that.  Now, we are not necessarily going to all be allies, so I think trying to turn ourselves into a "balanced" party is a waste of time and not really in the spirit of the game.  But still, I may reconsider just to have a character with a different style of play in the game.

Extreme?  Fine by me.  For me, it is all about context.  Forcing sexual/extreme content into the game does not work for me at all.  But if it flows naturally from game play, bring it on!  For example:  The setting notes mention that the goblins are some nasty sadistic little buggers.  If my character gets captured by them, (and she will make a special point of avoiding those critters once she finds out about them) well, I would expect certain things will happen.  I'm good with that.  A lot of us are running female characters, that puts us at certain risks if taken alive.  Well, the guys too, if the captors swing that way.    But having it dropped out of the sky on me, no.  Flow of play, yes!

TheHangedOne

I agree with Healergirl when it comes to the content rating.  Also, HG: Are you gonna play a Buxom Barbarian Babe?  ;D
Check out my poet tree!

Healergirl

Buxom?  Big Boobs get in the way.  ;)

I tend to go with the more lithely athletic types.  Think Olympic level women's athletes, but maybe with a bit more muscle in the shoulders and arms (all that armor and weaponry, y'know).

RubySlippers

Quote from: Healergirl on June 05, 2011, 09:00:51 AM
Lisztesferenc,

It is based on that, I think.  Here is a link:  http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Healer_%283.5e_Class%29

But I am reconsidering.  We have a lot of interesting character concepts but I notice an acute lack of head-knockers.  We will be reliant on hiring/influencing NPCs for that.  Now, we are not necessarily going to all be allies, so I think trying to turn ourselves into a "balanced" party is a waste of time and not really in the spirit of the game.  But still, I may reconsider just to have a character with a different style of play in the game.

Extreme?  Fine by me.  For me, it is all about context.  Forcing sexual/extreme content into the game does not work for me at all.  But if it flows naturally from game play, bring it on!  For example:  The setting notes mention that the goblins are some nasty sadistic little buggers.  If my character gets captured by them, (and she will make a special point of avoiding those critters once she finds out about them) well, I would expect certain things will happen.  I'm good with that.  A lot of us are running female characters, that puts us at certain risks if taken alive.  Well, the guys too, if the captors swing that way.    But having it dropped out of the sky on me, no.  Flow of play, yes!

Not to mention "a druidess and her big wolf" going at it like beasts - he will be much nicer than most menfolk.  :D

My character is a very fit, attractive and wise elven druidess she is going to look good but in a feminine way. I need to find a suitable actress to elfify though.

Healergirl

RS,

Your druid sounds better and better.  My militaryish characters go for the lean athletic look.  My healer will likely resemble my icon.  A city girl, not a wilderness typel

RubySlippers

Well I had to put healing on the minor front her major skills are wilderness survival currently at +15 and then Concentration with the others smattered around. Her profession skills are Herbalist and Mountain Woman (kind of the classic "mountain man"  that makes money doing several things involving the wilderness might have skill at skinning animals for furs, a panning for gold etc.). On the plus side the Drow want you she could could take you deeper into the wild places where they would not likely want to go and when facing an angry druid is less pleasant.

Mostly though she is perfectly able to go into the wild and live supporting a family without any help if she had to.

And she will have her companion animal not sure what yet a big male wolf would be fun but there are many options.

Aether

I guess a gnomish dual wielding ranger is a bit on the small side for head knocking...

ofDelusions

I'm considering getting a wand of restoration, lesser, but I am wondering wether or not it would be too cheesy if it was made by a Paladin. Since Wand of 1st level Paladin spell costs 1500 while wand of 2nd level cleric spell costs 4500...

We had normal WBL magic items, right?

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: ofDelusions on June 06, 2011, 02:28:12 AM
I'm considering getting a wand of restoration, lesser, but I am wondering wether or not it would be too cheesy if it was made by a Paladin. Since Wand of 1st level Paladin spell costs 1500 while wand of 2nd level cleric spell costs 4500...

Well it takes 3 rounds to activate, and depending on your UMD modifier you may waste some charges, so it seems fair.

Quote from: ofDelusions on June 06, 2011, 02:28:12 AMWe had normal WBL magic items, right?

Yes.

For house rules, I am considering the following:

1. Due to the skills being less useful in the setting:
    a. Knowledge (nobility) is merged with knowledge history.
    b. Knowledge (local) is merged with knowledge geography.
  2. If you are from the island, or have been there for at least a year, knowledge (nature) and survival are considered class skills. You get a +2 bonus to such checks if they were already class skills.
  3. If you are not from the island, you can have an extra 1,000gp worth of starting wealth to make up for being unprepared for the environment.

Thoughts?

Aether

Works for me  ^.^

I would like to just spend my money on alchemical components to make stone skin somethings.  Also, money will be spent on the lil gnomes forge.  And a starting stockpile metal to represent his years of hoarding...

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

LisztesFerenc

Guidlines in the DMG. Its 13,000gp for a 6th level character.

TheHangedOne

Alright, groovy.*Goes back to tinker on his sheet post.*
Check out my poet tree!

Healergirl

Looking at the Healer class skill list: 

Concentration (Con), Craft (Medicine)(Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Gather Information (Cha), Heal (Wis), Knowledge (History) (Int), Knowledge (Local) (Int), Knowledge (Nature) (Int), Knowledge (Nobility) (Int), Knowledge (Religion)(Int), Profession (apothecary) (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), Speak Language (N/A), Spellcraft (Int).

I request a couple of modifications:  Change Knowledge (Nobility) to Handle Animals.   Profession (Apothecary) seems to be made redundant by Craft (medicine).  How about Profession (Veterinarian).  I like animals, Ok?  Knowledge (Local), I'm not sure about.  I'm going to run a castaway, so she wouldn't know diddly about the island.  But she could learn fast.  How are skill point gains going to be handled, if any?

RubySlippers

I made a change my character is a Druid and on level of Rogue - mostly to help get around stealthily it also adds a bit of sneak attack never know when that could be handy like hunting a rabbit or a drow off from his scouting party taking a leak in the back with an arrow (if she can get close enough).

And I agree we need a Skill Gaining Feat might I suggest one level of skill points per feat slot this would include all race and intelligence modifiers.

ofDelusions

Rolled hp. Was stupid and rolled the dice one by one.

27234   Noone or Anyone   2011-06-06 08:11:26   At 2011-06-06 08:11:26, ofDelusions (uid: 25037) rolls: 1d6 Result: 4
27233   Noone or Anyone   2011-06-06 08:11:11   At 2011-06-06 08:11:11, ofDelusions (uid: 25037) rolls: 1d6 Result: 5
27232   Noone or Anyone   2011-06-06 08:11:07   At 2011-06-06 08:11:07, ofDelusions (uid: 25037) rolls: 1d6 Result: 6
27231   Noone or Anyone   2011-06-06 08:10:51   At 2011-06-06 08:10:51, ofDelusions (uid: 25037) rolls: 1d6 Result: 5
27230   Noone or Anyone   2011-06-06 08:10:45   At 2011-06-06 08:10:45, ofDelusions (uid: 25037) rolls: 1d6 Result: 2

So hp is 6 (1st level) + 4+5+6+5+2 +12 (con) = 40

I think there IS a skill gaining feat in E6 rules somewhere.

Edit: rechecked and can't find thefeat so forget I said anything.

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: Healergirl on June 06, 2011, 07:07:34 AM
I request a couple of modifications:  Change Knowledge (Nobility) to Handle Animals. Profession (Apothecary) seems to be made redundant by Craft (medicine). How about Profession (Veterinarian).  I like animals, Ok?

Both changes are acceptable.

Quote from: Healergirl on June 06, 2011, 07:07:34 AMKnowledge (Local), I'm not sure about.  I'm going to run a castaway, so she wouldn't know diddly about the island.  But she could learn fast. 

Yeah, especially since the skill has been merged with geography.

Quote from: Healergirl on June 06, 2011, 07:07:34 AMHow are skill point gains going to be handled, if any?

A feat to gain an extra 6 skill points seems fair.

Healergirl

Well, since this is the first D&D game I've played in mumble years, I decided to go old school with my ability score selection.

27244   Noone or Anyone   2011-06-06 16:17:24   At 2011-06-06 16:17:24, Healergirl (uid: 25515) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 10
27243   Noone or Anyone   2011-06-06 16:17:22   At 2011-06-06 16:17:22, Healergirl (uid: 25515) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 9
27242   Noone or Anyone   2011-06-06 16:17:17   At 2011-06-06 16:17:17, Healergirl (uid: 25515) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 13
27241   Noone or Anyone   2011-06-06 16:17:12   At 2011-06-06 16:17:12, Healergirl (uid: 25515) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 16
27240   Noone or Anyone   2011-06-06 16:16:44   At 2011-06-06 16:16:44, Healergirl (uid: 25515) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 11
27239   Noone or Anyone   2011-06-06 16:16:24   At 2011-06-06 16:16:24, Healergirl (uid: 25515) rolls: 4d6k3 Result: 15